Project Counter That Threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gurdurr because it counters the core well and is really quite an awesome mon in the current meta.

TheRealSnipermonkey's Weezing (sorry QQ :<) because I really like the set (it's pretty close to the one I currently use), and I enjoy using Weezing in general, coz semi-stall is my playstyle of choice. Weezing threatens Archeops with WoW/Pain Split, and Shiftry with Sludge Bomb/WoW, and it can opt to predict healthy switchins and use Pain Split to restore the damage it may have lost in the process. Also, it's Weezing.

i like weezing

I vote for weezing since the other pokemon items can be knocked off, also I would never switch in a fighting type into an archeops lol

TheRealSnipermonkey's Weezing (sorry QQ :<) because I really like the set (it's pretty close to the one I currently use), and I enjoy using Weezing in general, coz semi-stall is my playstyle of choice. Weezing threatens Archeops with WoW/Pain Split, and Shiftry with Sludge Bomb/WoW, and it can opt to predict healthy switchins and use Pain Split to restore the damage it may have lost in the process. Also, it's Weezing.

i like weezing
Yus, someone likes weezing

Alright everybody stop. We have reached a tie between Milk and Hariyama! Now only vote for one of those two mons, the winner will be announced tomorrow. ^.^

I vote Miltank. The very real threat of Acrobatics deters me from switching Hariyama in on Archeops in an actual battle, though I guess Hariyama does beat this exact core specifically.

Wow, I was going to make a counter, but this core overwhelmed me. Can you do individual pokemon next time? Please?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Lol this is easy reserving Cryogonal. Brawlfest Slashitis pls >.> .

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze Dry
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Freeze Dry + Recover + Ice Beam = gg. Actually not even Ice Beam :/ . Honestly I can just bring up literally any Cryogonal spread. Max HP + max Speed, Life Orb, defensively invested, whatever. Even the frailest Cryo does not get OHKOed by Toad's boosted Knock Off even after Stealth Rock damage, then you proceed to recover and undo that damage. Off all the status that could come Cryo's way, Sleep Powder is the only bothersome one (Cryo would actually prefer to be poisoned against this core for that reason, or at least let something else get slept). Even then, Plume cannot do shit to Cryo so the snowflake can just stall out sleep turns in its face while forcing big ol' rafflesia out.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse

Boring, standard Crotomb. Switch in on exactly whatever, because nothing can kill you. Set up calm minds and sooner or later they're both dead.

OK so this is something a bit different, and probably not that viable but here goes:

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis/Aromatherapy/Encore

The idea is you come in on Seismitoad, SD and then proceed to kill both of them. Jumpluff can kill toad with seed bomb even without a SD, but SD is preferable in case they decide to switch to Vileplume. Meanwhile the most that the toad can do to retaliate is easily recovered or (if they get lucky with a scald burn) healed. Vileplume is OHKOed at +2, and 2HKOed if Jumpluff hasn't boosted, while a sludge bomb from plume does not OHKO pluff, meaning you can switch in safely on a giga drain or sleep powder and kill plume if there are no rocks present (if you use encore and do switch in to something safe then gg plume). If you are worried about rocks, the speed EVs can all be moved to SpD to ensure that you don't perish.

252+ Atk Jumpluff Seed Bomb vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Seismitoad: 420-496 (101.6 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Seismitoad Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumpluff: 61-72 (20.9 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

+2 252+ Atk Jumpluff Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Vileplume: 378-446 (107 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Jumpluff Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Vileplume: 188-224 (53.2 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Vileplume Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jumpluff: 23-27 (7.9 - 9.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jumpluff: 218-260 (74.9 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jumpluff: 218-260 (74.9 - 89.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Jumpluff: 170-204 (58.4 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

As I said not the best counter as you cannot afford to switch in on a sludge bomb from Vileplume, but Jumpluff is rarely seen so you might catch your opponent off guard (they might expect an encore SubSeed set).

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uxie @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Sleep Talk
-

252+ SpA Expert Belt Uxie Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Seismitoad: 408-480 (98.55 - 115.94%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Seismitoad Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Uxie: 100-118 (28.24 - 33.33%) -- 0.02% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Expert Belt Uxie Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Vileplume: 295-348 (83.56 - 98.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Uxie: 78-93 (22.03 - 26.27%) -- possible 4HKO

Basically you switch Uxie into any of them and OHKO with the appropriate move. Grass Knot almost always OHKOes Seismitoad while toad can't do the same back, while Vileplume gets wrecked by Psychic and can't do much in return. Meanwhile Uxie can switch into Sleep Powder without a problem and use Sleep Talk which has a 50% chance to wreck any member of the core.

This is not viable at all but vote for it anyway cos it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)