Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should also be a 'gift genie' after beating the first 6 gyms. Most likely in order of how good they are competitively. And once you beat the last 2 you get the two Latis.

Yo is there gonna be a story line like other games because me and some friends could type one up if need be

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo is there gonna be a story line like other games because me and some friends could type one up if need be
^Please read the OP, says that storyline submission posts will be reviewed on a town/route-by-town/route just like everything else. (only about what happens on that route/in that town).

How are EVs and movesets going to be addressed? It would be impossible to fight proper competitive NPCs if you're running on tackle / flash / stun spore and no EV investment.

Levsl up movesets need to be modified to get some decently viable moves very early.
There is going to be a fairly accessible "EV shifter" later in the game I think, and enemies to easily get the proper EVs until then. Of course opponents will be similarly scaled to match your team's possible current level in terms of moves/evolution.(early gym leaders will not be fully EV'd)

I personally don't see any big deal in letting players over-level to fight bosses, but we could always say that gym battles have level-adjustment (first gym Pokemon over level 10 are auto-leveled to level 10, 2nd gym over leveled auto-leveled to level 20, etc.).

'Team Luck-Sack' could utilise full BP chains and Deniss could be their leader. You eventually have to fight him, even after successfully reducing BP chains to 3 users.
I was actually thinking that one of the admins could be based off Deniss with full Baton pass, but would want someone truly nefarious for the boss.

Random idea I just had: I don't know if there's any way to do this, but we should make it so that all wild Pokemon can only have competitive natures (i.e. all Azurill/Marill have Adamant natures, all Chansey have Bold natures, etc.).

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Probably more appropriate since realistically an in-game competitive team relies heavily on breeding.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
We should make the champion Chou Toshio

Another thing, there should be a late game NPC who lets you put event moves on Pokemon

I think to keep the in game mechanics might be a little challenging...for instants, Entei can only have E-Speed through event and is always shiny and adamant nature.
And some tutor moves are not compatible with Hidden Abilities so...I think there is a lot to consider when adding new level up moves to save time finding in-game tutors and so on.

I'm thinking instead of Moves/Strategies we do it like the crappy Diamond/Pearl (Not Platinum) strategy for gym leaders where some gym leaders have Pokemon not part of their type but with the move they're touting (the one thing I remembered well was Volkner's Shock Wave Ambipom)

For example, the first gym, a rock gym, could actually be a Stealth Rock gym where every Pokemon has Stealth Rock (instead of them all being Rock typed) because "Welcome to Smogon's most common move"/"My Pokemon give you an advantage by effectively only have 3 moves unless you love Rapid Spin/Defog" sounds like a good introduction to the games.

Then a bug gym could be a team of nothing but U-Turners (which would include like Talonflame/other U-Turners). An Electric type gym with nothing but Volt Switchers (with a Forretress lead). A Flying type gym with nothing but Defogers (Maybe if near the end of the game it would have maybe like Mew or Lati@s). Something like that.

I think nearly alle gyms should be archetype, however I think atleast one gym leader should be monotyper, probably the first. If then there are not enough diffrent archetypes to spread across the other gyms, then more gyms can be monotypes.

Great idea Chou Toshio! Smog version would be a very awesome thing. I'm sorta pissed right now because I just came back from losing a local tournament in the semifinals. Don't take the below suggestion seriously.

Can we have a 120/50/150/150/150/180 Togekiss named WHERE'S YOUR SCALD NOW? He runs the original WaveSlashAuraRoost set from gen 4 and his Thunder Wave effects electric types. If you inflict 4 or more scald burns in one fucking match, then he has a 30% chance of appearing in tall grass . When he shows up, you send out a random pokemon (which he traps like Shadow Tag) and you must endure serene grace hax from the Paraflinch god. You only have one chance at defeating him, and if you do, you get 1 million Pokedollars.

Last edited:
Slowpoke (surf)
level depends on when does the player gets the surf hm.
Reason : Slowbro is a great water-type for defensive teams and walls lots of shit. It can also be used to teach players about abilities. ("here, look your slowbro is garbo as it does not have regenerator. What, you don't give a damn? Then, you should stop aiming to be a trainer imao lol". After that, a speech on abilities). Even, Slowking is /somewhat/ viable (correct me here, i have not used him, but he is on viability rankings and is getting an analysis).

Now, onto flavour ;) :
"Hey there! I am prof chou. Welcome to the world of smogomon. It is inhabited by PKMN who are worth something. Now, are you a boy or a girl? Nah, it ain't a weird ques, i can't tell by looking at you lol."
Then, give a brief speech on Smogon and competitive battling.
On the layout, we should have a water body and not many houses in the hometown just for the sake of consistency. Each house tells something about the basics of competitive battling.

Sorry chou, if that sentence sounds offensive.

The game could teach the player how to make basic counter arguments.
For example (just an example), the evil team (Team Casual) wants a banned pokemon released like Mega-Gengar and say stupid things like "Soon everybody will realise that Unburden Slurpuff can defeat it and will pack it into their team"
The player then will get a number of options to counter that argument and learn little by little what exactly makes a pokemon really broken and why.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon Proposal
Starting Town
Poliwag
Good Rod Proposal
Level: 15-20
Reason: Politoed is the staple for any rain team, and was the reason the became popular in the first place. We should let people be able to use their favorite archtype asap imo, and I think making Poliwag available here will let us do that, after all we are giving NPCs archtype teams as well.

The rival should play by Smogon's rules but he would taunt you through the match with common insults used on the OU ladder such as "lol fagget" "that's ghey" or "get gud fgt" and would forfeit if he starts losing or gets critted.
No, just no.

I was actually thinking that one of the admins could be based off Deniss with full Baton pass, but would want someone truly nefarious for the boss.
Well, we could do Versifly, but that will likely end in a lawsuit. As for the team of the leader (Yeah I'm being really evil here :pimp:), why dont we do an Endless Battle Clause playstyle?

Last edited:
For example, the first gym, a rock gym, could actually be a Stealth Rock gym where every Pokemon has Stealth Rock (instead of them all being Rock typed) because "Welcome to Smogon's most common move"/"My Pokemon give you an advantage by effectively only have 3 moves unless you love Rapid Spin/Defog" sounds like a good introduction to the games.
Do you not run 3 stealth rock users on your OU teams?

so if we're not going to make an actual game out of this, what will result from it? fanfiction?
cress
I suppose its just a humorous exercise. That's not to say a game wont be made out of it... just not officially (and not here).

--

Also, one thing that should happen is the number of steps needed to hatch an egg decreases. Also, heart scales should be easily obtainable and move tutors should be unlimited (with a cost).

Proposing Tympole:
Starting town
Level: 10 or 15-20 old rod and good rod respectively.
Reason: I am biased when saying this but seismitoad is the only swift swim user immune to electric moves, one of the problems with rain teams is things like twave and tbolts. I am not exactly sure as to whether or not we can suggest moveset changes but I'd like for seismitoad to be able to learn waterfall because nearly every other water type can and so it can abuse it's higher attack stat. Also earth power should not be an egg move because I don't want to be having to use mud shot as your strongest special ground type move. Sorry if I screwed this up a lot I kinda skimmed through this and am on my phone.

I definitely think in the spirit of competitive battling that enemy trainers and Gym leaders should be able to, and encouraged, to switch pokemon. I know a leader here or there switched in a few of the games but it should really be more prevalent, otherwise it feels more like a gauntlet than a battle.

As such if we're going Water types than I think Starmie is a great enemy. Misty's Starmie always was a bitch. Starmie is fast and annoying and will have Recover and Natural Cure, meaning statusing it won't be so beneficial if it can switch out as a result. I think it should also have Hydro Pump and Ice Beam for power and would be Grass counters. Rapid Spin is a potential 4th move if switching will be prevalent and you try to abuse hazards, otherwise straight up Psychic for another STAB would be good too.

Starting Town (Good Rod)
Squirtle
Level 10-15
Reason: Rapid Spin and Dark Pulse to beat spinblockers. If the first gym is Stealth Rock centric as has been suggested it would help. Plus it's not a starter in this game so no reason we can't drop it right at the start as a shitmon - after all, MBlastoise is only like C or C+ iirc

Great idea Chou Toshio! Smog version would be a very awesome thing. I'm sorta pissed right now because I just came back from losing a local tournament in the semifinals. Don't take the below suggestion seriously.

Can we have a 120/50/150/150/150/180 Togekiss named WHERE'S YOUR SCALD NOW? He runs the original WaveSlashAuraRoost set from gen 4 and his Thunder Wave effects electric types. If you inflict 4 or more scald burns in one fucking match, then he has a 30% chance of appearing in tall grass . When he shows up, you send out a random pokemon (which he traps like Shadow Tag) and you must endure serene grace hax from the Paraflinch god. You only have one chance at defeating him, and if you do, you get 1 million Pokedollars.
Change the Special attack stat from 150 ---> 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)