XY OU The Atomic Brush - Sweeps

Hello, friends! Thanks in advance for the rates!

The Atomic Brush - A Study in Sweeps

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp

Mawile

I wanted to make a team around Mega Maw because I used it in-game; it has massive sweep potential, especially against unprepared teams or people don't predict well. The SD gives Sucker Punch massive damage, and the others are for when M-Maw can survive. Basically, you switch in, absorb an attack to go to low HP while SD'ing, and use that low HP to bribe an attack so that M-Maw can Sucker Punch you to death.

Skarmory/Chansey

Every team needs a good defensive core, right? This is SkarmBliss 2.0, with a better Bliss in the form of Chansey. The set I run on Chansey allows it to be a fantastic special wall and a pretty good physical wall. It's basically your standard Chansey.

The more physical part of my d-core is Skarmory. Skarmory does well physically but struggles specially. The real part for Skarmory is the Hazard/Phazing work that he does. He can function as a good lead if I see the team is weak to Stealth Rock. If not, Skarmory can utilize Sturdy to phaze out any Pokemon who has set up, basically securing victory from the jaws of defeat.

Breloom

If I'm lucky and the opponent is playing poorly, Breloom can come in and Spore Sweep. Basically, he comes in and Spores a threat, then either gets enough damage for a 2HKO on whatever switches in, or the opponent keeps them in to die.

If not, Breloom is a secondary Set-Up Stopper. His Focus Sash can often let him survive (provided there are no entry hazards) and Spore and eliminate any OMG-NO-I'M SCREWED-NO Set-Ups.

The one other purpose Breloom serves as an Anti-Smeargle Lead. Many will run Spore for the 100% accuracy, so Breloom can block that and Mach Punch it to death.

Gengar

The idea is simple: if something dies, Gengar comes in and revenge kills it. His spread is set for maximum speed in order to outspeed as many threats as possible. He also works as a great spinblocker for those rare instances when I encounter a Starmie or Excadrill. His Hidden Power also allows him to take out dragons, especially Garchomp.

Clefable

This little lady is the most common cause of rage-quits in my opponents. Whenever the opponent brings out a wall, Clefable can set up to no end. After one Cosmic Power, Clefable can survive two Mega-Venusaur Sludge Bombs. The opponent will often wastes a turn trying to poison or burn or Leech Seed it, and then I get a free Cosmic Power. Once you get all boosted up, Stored Power gets a guaranteed OHKO on any non-boosted Mon. ANY. MON.

Basically, you have an Offensive set that tries to sweep:

and the Support set that helps them:

(I consider Gengar a supporter for his Spinblocking/Revenge Killing duties)

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp

So far, I haven't lost with this team. Granted, I'm low on the ladder, but still.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)