XY OU GODZILLA'S REIGN (PEAKED 1800+) Sandstorm Team

HEY, guys. I'm Tampoff. :) The person who made the Triple Pilots team. Well anyways. After the Deoxys ban (it was going to come sooner or later T_T) I have made a team I have been testing to help me with it :). I usually like to use a Mega Poke and build a team around them. My favorites are definitely Bulky Mega Scizor and Mega Charizard X. But recently a star has been rising up. Mega Tyranitar. Amazing Pokemon. Being a hyper offensive player honestly, I started using bulky offensive teams. Due to the nature of them being well… Bulky… and… offensive? Anyways here you go you poopy butts.

TEAM AT A GLANCE THO:

Fast Tool (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Meet the first member of my team. This dude under the sun can outspeed you in bed (which is pretty fast) and while he's at it, he deals out so much damage. STAB Iron Head and EQ do the same amount of damage as your mom's farts around the house. Rock Slide gives a pseudo "edge slide" combination. Now Rapid Spin is a bit of a toss up for me. I really wanna use Swords Dance to help this buddy sweep better, and my team isn't that rock weak. However, I don't wanna waste a turn to set up ya feel me. Plus I already got two boosted bastards.

Stronk Tool (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

This guy. I usually lead with this person when they have an obvious lead, like, Ferrothorn or what not. This is an AMAZING set. PERSON WANTS TO BURN? SUBSTITUTE! THEY SET UP ROCKS? SUBSTITUTE! THEY USE THUNDER WAVE? I'M A &^%ING GROUND TYPE! OH YEAH! SUBSTITUTE! Under a sub a Swords Dance will boost his already bumpin' attack to levels even Chansey rival. EQ and Stone Edge for the combo. (I have lots of these) and sub and swords dance for the set up :)

Spikey Tool (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn acts as a glue for this team. His amazing typing helps with threats like… Water Types… Thats it pretty much it. He has sets up rocks and Thunder Waves fast things since I have no scarfer. I was considering toxic for bulky stuff but I think my team puts enough offensive pressure to take them out without residual. Power Whip over Gyro Ball because its stronger… and no one keeps a fairy on a ferrothorn except like… Togekiss. Stealth Rocks because once the rocks hit the floor so do your panties.

Pink Tool (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

AHH, Sylveon. I use this on every team. It's a shot. It helps but it also stings like a bitch. Pixilate STAB Hyper Voice hits through subs. It does a lot more than you think. Putting 148 SpA EV's helps get the 2HKO jump on things. Since most of my Pokémon are physical penetrators, I usually have A Heal Bell support to take out the WoW. Being Fairy and a special wall is also my answer to Greninja… Wish and Protect to keep my mons looking like Emma Stone.

Tool (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

AV Azumarill is probably one of the best sets I have ever used. It's bulk, complimented by Huge Power is phenomenal. It's a tank. Play Rough and Waterfall are the main STAB's and Aqua Jet is to remedy the slowness of it. Knock Off is very important. It allows me to cripple the opposing Pokémon and scout. This thing is really amazing. Though not having a form of recover out of wish sux.

Godzilla Tool (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Crunch

THIS. THIS IS THE MVP YO. THIS IS THE BEAST. THE MAN. THE DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. Anyways. Dragon Dance Tyranitar. This is probably one of the most amazing sets I have ever used due to the sheer wall breaking power. After a DD Stone Miss Edge, OHKO's like a BAJILLION THINGS. Earthquake is for the Aegislash heh. Edgequake. I haven't seen that. Now Fire Punch. This is a pickle. Do I use Ice Punch for Landorus-T and Gliscor? Do I use Fire Punch for the Ferro and Skarm? Do I use Crunch for the STAB? Or Fire Blast for the surprise factor? I DONT KNOW! All I know is, this is the monster. And if you're not prepared the king's wrath, then you're going to get wrecked.

THREATS: VIRIZION, BRELOOM, VIRIZION, AND BRELOOM. AND BRELOOM.

CONCLUSION: ANNNNNYWAYZ. THIS TEAM BROUGHT SUCCESS. Unlike my usual Hyper Offensive teams, I took a different turn in the hood. Now I got some street fred for it. Ye.

IMPORTABLE SON:

Godzilla Tool (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Fast Tool (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Stronk Tool (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Spikey Tool (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Pink Tool (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Tool (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
I would suggest Changing Item for Ferrothorn and giving it Rocky Helmet because When your Opp is about to use any physical move its Recoil would be Great

Why not change Excadrill's item to an Air Balloon and then give it SD?
Switch in on something locked into Earthquake, SD = Profit.
Also let's you kill the two most annoying things for Sand:
+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 322-381 (106.6 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 444-523 (109.9 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
but it's just a suggestion, have fun.

pj

World Defender
I would also suggest hippodown over ferrothorn as it can also have sand stream and make it sand team moveset for Hippodown

Hippowdon (F) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

252 SpA Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 108 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 120-142 (33.5 - 39.6%) -- 24.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 108+ SpD Sylveon: 133-157 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 27.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 135-159 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- 45.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 135-159 (37.7 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 HP / 108 SDef > 108 HP / 252 SDef
plus you pass bigger wishes

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hello, your team in its current state is rather weak to Landorus-I, Mega Scizor, Mega Charizard Y, Bisharp and as you said, some Grass types. Some stall teams, those with Quagsire in particular, also seem difficult to break. Sylveon definitely is the weakest link of the team as you don't really need it to beat anything that isn't already handled by the rest of team except for maybe Thundurus-I (Azumarill handles Greninja and Conkeldurr, Ferrothorn and Tyranitar handle Latios, and so on). It also gives a lot of free switches for SD Scizor, something you can't really afford to do, especially when Azumarill and Ferrothorn already practically let it come in for free. While Heal Bell and Wish are nice to have, in practice, I really didn't find there to be enough time to do much of anything with either of them as Sylveon seemed to attract Bisharp, Mega Scizor and Mega Pinsir a lot. I would suggest changing Sylveon for Latios with 3 attacks and Roost. You don't really benefit from Defog as you have Excadrill, and Latios means that you don't have to switch Azumarill into potential Scald burns from Keldeo while also giving you a reliable switch-in to Mega Charizard Y and Landorus-I without Knock Off. Furthermore, it can force out Mega Pinsir and Breloom once its Sash is broken, and doesn't give Bisharp or Mega Scizor any free switches thanks to HP Fire. Finally, it allows you to mount some offense against stall as the rest of your team doesn't have any problems handling Heatran or Chansey. While it's still not easy to break stall, Latios improves your chances of doing so by a lot.

To somewhat deal with Bisharp, I also recommend using a Jolly nature with max Speed on Tyranitar. While Adamant Mega Tyranitar is insanely powerful, having the ability to outrun Bisharp is invaluable for your team as only Ferrothorn can somewhat deal with Bisharp, and even then, it's mostly through Iron Barbs recoil. As for the last move, Fire Punch seems like a good move to stop Ferrothorn from switching in, as Leech Seed can prove annoying to your whole team. Ice Punch isn't that useful, as Landorus-T really doesn't threaten your team much. However having an accurate move to hit Landorus-I and Thundurus-I with could be useful though, so it's an option. Lastly, Landorus-T's last 8 EVs should be moved into Speed instead of Defense to outspeed Jolly Mega Mawile and those running 219 Speed to outrun it (some Rotom-W and Mega Venusaur).

While Latios over Sylveon leaves you a bit more open to Thundurus-I you should be able to manage it with a combination of Azumarill, Latios and Sand Rush Excadrill.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tyranitar (F) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

praj.pran What exactly does Hippowdon over Ferrothorn accomplish? It still leaves him incredibly vulnerable to most things he already has trouble with and if anything, just makes him even weaker to Breloom and SD Scizor. It's a terrible suggestion, it might fix his issue with Bisharp a bit but doesn't add anything worthwhile to the team. Not to mention that it reduces his Keldeo check to just Azumarill as Sylveon really doesn't want to deal with Choice Specs Hydro Pumps. Assault Vest Azumarill is not a good Keldeo check if you have four Pokemon weak to Water attacks. Hippowdon is a horrible choice over Ferrothorn.

Last edited:

pj

World Defender
praj.pran What exactly does Hippowdon over Ferrothorn accomplish? It still leaves him incredibly vulnerable to most things he already has trouble with and if anything, just makes him even weaker to Breloom and SD Scizor. It's a terrible suggestion, it might fix his issue with Bisharp a bit but doesn't add anything worthwhile to the team. Not to mention that it reduces his Keldeo check to just Azumarill as Sylveon really doesn't want to deal with Choice Specs Hydro Pumps. Assault Vest Azumarill is not a good Keldeo check if you have four Pokemon weak to Water attacks. Hippowdon is a horrible choice over Ferrothorn.
I said it because it has ability sand stream which makes Excradrill faster X2 and with life orb it can easily Sweep the oppenents since Tyranitar is Mega it cant have Smooth Rock so i said having a pokemon with Sand stream Would Help him to Sweep.

Why not change Excadrill's item to an Air Balloon and then give it SD?
Switch in on something locked into Earthquake, SD = Profit.
Also let's you kill the two most annoying things for Sand:
+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 322-381 (106.6 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 444-523 (109.9 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
but it's just a suggestion, have fun.
What would you run sd over? And also, have you tried to setup with drill, it's not too bulky without investment, and it will miss out a LOT on KOes with the less power.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I said it because it has ability sand stream which makes Excradrill faster X2 and with life orb it can easily Sweep the oppenents since Tyranitar is Mega it cant have Smooth Rock so i said having a pokemon with Sand stream Would Help him to Sweep.
Yeah but like unbirthday said it opens up more holes that it patches up.

For a suggestion of my own I'd say run Jolly on TTar as it outspeeds Greninja at +1, which is something it can't do otherwise. Also helps against Torn-T which can pivot in and out against a few things (Like. Sylveon). Cool team tho.

What would you run sd over? And also, have you tried to setup with drill, it's not too bulky without investment, and it will miss out a LOT on KOes with the less power.
rapid spin which is why I said with a balloon gives you a free SD on stuff using earthquake on the switch and life orb drill doesn't OHKO anyhing that no item drill can't.
(I said OHKO not severely damage)

rapid spin which is why I said with a balloon gives you a free SD on stuff using earthquake on the switch and life orb drill doesn't OHKO anyhing that no item drill can't.
(I said OHKO not severely damage)
Life orb 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 338-400 (98.8 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO Airballon does not

Balloon 252+ Atk Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 248-292 (82.6 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO life orb does

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir: 239-283 (88.1 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

You might be right, but with sand, life orb picks up a LOT of KOes after a turn or two of sand (like keldeo after sr+2 sand turns) life orb also ko aegislash, where balloon does not.

And I said KOes not OHKOes. ^~^

Life orb 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 338-400 (98.8 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO Airballon does not

Balloon 252+ Atk Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 248-292 (82.6 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO life orb does

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir: 239-283 (88.1 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

You might be right, but with sand, life orb picks up a LOT of KOes after a turn or two of sand (like keldeo after sr+2 sand turns) life orb also ko aegislash, where balloon does not.

And I said KOes not OHKOes. ^~^
Ah well played.
The two sets have their niches i guess depends on the players style but seeing as she has no switch-ins to boosted ground attacks when lando leaves Air Balloon + SD should always be an option :)

I agree that Air Balloon > LO. Also, Fire Punch is better for ttar in case of scizor.

BEWARE OF MEGA MAWILES. If they set up to at least +2 (excluding the landorus-t intimidate), then you may get swept. Mega mawiles most often run a large amount of speed EVs, and it looks like everything save for landorus and ttar are slower than mega mawile, but it wrecks the majority of your team. Mega Ttar at +0 has a shot of OHKOing mega mawile with EQ, so have caution. Other than that, you have a solid team! great work :)

I agree that Air Balloon > LO. Also, Fire Punch is better for ttar in case of scizor.

BEWARE OF MEGA MAWILES. If they set up to at least +2 (excluding the landorus-t intimidate), then you may get swept. Mega mawiles most often run a large amount of speed EVs, and it looks like everything save for landorus and ttar are slower than mega mawile, but it wrecks the majority of your team. Mega Ttar at +0 has a shot of OHKOing mega mawile with EQ, so have caution. Other than that, you have a solid team! great work :)
Why would you run fire blast > fire punch for scizor? Fire punch will do more, especially after a dd, the only reason to go with blast is to kill ferro with no recoil. And exca also out speed mawile e.e and life orb is just too good when you don't have rooms for sd...

Why would you run fire blast > fire punch for scizor? Fire punch will do more, especially after a dd, the only reason to go with blast is to kill ferro with no recoil. And exca also out speed mawile e.e and life orb is just too good when you don't have rooms for sd...

I said fire punch...

Also, excadrill's main role is a spinner, and personally the life orb recoil + no immunity to ground severely mitigates its ability to spin multiple times and keep rocks off the field. Plus, you don't take spikes damage/sticky web speed drop, which could be a problem if you're trying to outspeed/kill something or just spin with ease. IMO, an adamant nature coupled with a base 135 attack is plenty strong and doesn't really need LO.

I said fire punch...

Also, excadrill's main role is a spinner, and personally the life orb recoil + no immunity to ground severely mitigates its ability to spin multiple times and keep rocks off the field. Plus, you don't take spikes damage/sticky web speed drop, which could be a problem if you're trying to outspeed/kill something or just spin with ease. IMO, an adamant nature coupled with a base 135 attack is plenty strong and doesn't really need LO.
He have no sr weakness, so it's main job is sweeping, not spinning, tho it can spin in case of sticky web or spikes, which can destroy the team. Other tha. That it does not have to spin multiple times ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)