Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Aggron is the team's mega evolution. It carries a lot of power and bulk, with its physical defense being equal (or even more) then Shuckle. With its high attack and the moveset I have given it, it can hit anything for massive damage. Stealth Rock, even though I do have Empoleon as a Stealth Rocker as well, is on Aggron just in case Empoleon dies before he is able to get Stealth Rock up. Low Kick can help me with Aggrons who come in on the switch and are not mega yet, stone edge helps clear out flying types and fire types and Earthquake also deals with fire types as well as Electric types. Aggron has proved his spot on the team.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam

The team's Defogger as well as main physical wall. while Aggron does do Empoleon's job of walling muh better, Empoleon is able to come in on attacks that Aggron can't and take them like a champ, like Ice beam for example. Scald has helped me in battlees so many times b getting burns on massive threats like un-Guts Heracross and other physical attacking Pokemon. Defog, while it also gets rid of my hazards in the process, is a great way to get rid of hazards on my side. I only recently added Defog, and I used to have Roar instead. But after having multiple battles, I realized Defog would probably be better and so I settled for that instead. All in all, Empoleon is a great addition to the team

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
Chandelure is my main scarfed sweeper. his job is to sweep weakened teams or to cripple walls by giving them the scarf. Putting Energy Ball on it was the best decision I ever made. In on ematch, my opponent had a Swampert out against Chandelure. Chestnaught was fainted so I couldn't send him out and my opponent thought he had my Chandelure. I surprised him with Energy Ball. He was not epectring that at all. Shadow Ball and Fire Blast also provide great STABs and coverage moves and trick, like I said, is to give walls like Gligar the choice scarf to cripple them. Chandelure is one of the best Pokemon on this team

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch

Standard Sticky Web lead set, not much else to say. Sticky Web can prove to be useful. It's main purpose is to slow down Pokemon that might be faster than Chandelure or Galvantula himself (or in some rare cases, Blood Wing my Noivern). Compound Eyes Thunder is far better than Thunderbolt, as you don't have to worry about it missing as much. Galvantula has proven himself useful, especailly in times of disaster on the battle field

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm

Ah... defensive Chestnaught... I LOVE this thing. SubSeed Chestnaught plus Bulletproof ability is the best thing ever. It complete shuts down special attack Pokemon who rely on moves like Aura Sphere and Sludge Bomb (like Mega Blastoise) and it just tanks physical hits for days. I can't tell you how many times people have forfeited out of rage because they couldn't kill Chesttnaught no matter how hard they tried. This thing is also what I (mainly) built the team around, putting in Pokemon that would get rid of its counters so that it could just wall the heck out of the opponent. This thing is my favorite Pokemon on the team.

Blood Wing (Noivern) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

Last but not least is Blood Wing, my speedy special attacker. He serves a similar purpose to Chandelure, but provide much needed coverage, speed and power. I think he also does the job better than Chandelure does, though that might just be me. Anyway, Blood Wing is the most recent addition to the team. I don't remember who he replaced I just remember that Pokemon being really redundant and me seriously needing someone who is speedy and could hit hard. That's when Blood Wing was born. With his amazing Base Speed and Great base Special Attack, he can hit fast and hard and cripple walls with his Choice Specs

So that's the team.. suggestions welcome!

Possible changes
Chandelure - Possibly find a better fire type, since Blood Wing does his job and does it better.
Aggron - replace Stealth Rock with iron Head, since Empoleon already has Stealth Rocks

by the way, on the poll, the top choice is supposed to say 'amazing' not 'mazing'

I'll lend a helping hand here. This team looks all over the place. The pokemon have no synergy with one another. It looks like you took a couple of different play styles and crammed them.

Galvantula does not function well with this team. Your guys like Aggron, Chesnaught, even Empoleon are too slow to utilize Sticky Web properly against the best attackers in the tier. Galvantula is more ideal for offensive teams, and your slow guys lose offensive presence far too quickly to make suitable use of Sticky Web. Offensive is not the goal for this team.

I would call this stall/semi-stall, but some things are missing.
- Lack of a special defender. Once Empoleon goes down or within KO range, Hydreigon has a field day with this team. Save for Chesnaught, Blastoise-M outright neuters this team since it does not care about Empoleon. LO Nidoking is rarely seen but can practically 6-0 this team.
-Lack of status. Scald is a nice chance to burn, but this team gets damn near ruined vs Blissey. Aggron is the only one that can get save high damage on it, since everything else has either Toxic to fear or simply not getting any damage in. Find something to put status on, because it helps in this tier.
-Type stacking. Lucario after a single SD (perfect opportunity to set up in front of Empoleon) goes over your entire team.
-Easy crippled walls. The problem with Chesnaught (and Aggron, sort of) is that they don't function as more than bait after taking a burn. Sableye doesn't care about Aggron, because after landing a priority Taunt+Will-o-Wisp it can't do anything to it, and Chesnaught cannot reliably hit it without chipping damage off itself.

Stall doesn't work for this team's strategy as it stands. At this point, you have the option of making it more offensive or defensive. I can't tell you what to do. Some general quirks about this team:
-No taunt users. CM Suicune, Slowbro, Medicham, Lucario, Sableye and Smeargle will put the fear of God into this team.
-Multiple hazards. 2 rock setters, sticky web but defog? Defog will hurt you, so your best option is getting something with rapid spin.
-Vulnerability to taunt. Sableye is incredibly popular, and it stops your entire team from doing anything too annoying.
-No priority moves. With a team of slower pokemon, Priority is a staple.
-General sub-optimal choices. There's absolutely no reason to play Noivern over Hydreigon, especially since you're not even playing Boomburst.

In conclusion, your team looks very "thrown together" as the members don't really flow into each other, neither in typing nor movesets. You need to figure out how you want to play the team, and make changes based on your decision.

If I were you I'd get rid of Empoleon for Mixed wall Jellicent, combined with Chesnaught it creates a powerful core.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
- Taunt
- Recover

It funcions as a great catch all wall and has good synergy with Chesnaught. EVs out speed base 65 walls, so opposing Chesnaught, Jellicent, Umbreon (Jelly can beat it one on one), Blissey all get stopped cold.

Will-o-eases the pain and let's you slowly stall Umbreon while Toxic would kill you as it does the opposing dark type.

Recover is necessary for this wall and Taunt stops other walls from performing.

Adding this would give you a great defensive core in my opinion.

Adding this means that you keep Stealth Rocks on Aggron and that you'd have to get rid of Chandy.

I feel like this team gets hard walled by special walls, as it's almost entirely Special Attackers and Aggron.

Instead of Chandy try Infernape, Focus sash lead can get up rocks so Aggron doesn't have to.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz > Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rocks
- Thunder Punch > Stone Edge > U-Turn > Swords Dance

Hey look! Sticky web suddenly became 10 times more useful, slowing down Scarfed threats to where Infernape can take em down. This gives your team a win condition, With powerful STAB choices. A stealth rocker so that Aggron can run Roar or something to stop set up sweepers. You can run Taunt (if it gets it, I'm not 100% sure it can), U-turn creates a volt turn core between it and Galvantula.

Maybe adding Infernape can open up running either U-turn or Dark Pulse on Noivern, adding to your Volt Turn core or adding coverage for your team.

That should make your team better giving it more of a balanced feel as opposed to a sort of shoddy semi-stall. I feel that it now will fit together better overall.

Well i'd if you're going to run Nape i'd run the Mixed Nasty Plot set as Aggron is a much more reliable Stealth Rocker, also you're team needs something for CB Heracross as it rips your arse hole open wider than the grand canyon. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion with the team which is puzzling to me. And btw don't expect to get super good ratings on the team when you put up something really, how do i put it? "lacking of love" as it feels like you just threw it together just to do a RMT.

Well i'd if you're going to run Nape i'd run the Mixed Nasty Plot set.
The only reason I recommended a lead physical set was because the team was really terribly lacking physical offensive presence and had nothing for any set up mons. He needed a phaser and aggron can play that role if it gives up its stealth rocks to Nape. :)

Kal; a lot of people say this team is 'lacking love' and that I 'just slapped it together'. well, that's not the case. I've been working with the team for three months before i put the RMT together, making changes and climbing the UU ladder

chaos: thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)