EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Stats: HP: 528 Def: 231 SpD: 214

The first member of the gimmicky Shadow Tag core. Wobbuffet traps any Pokemon (excluding ghosts) but cannot deal damage to his enemies unless they hit him first. As I've found out, my opponent will do anything to avoid taking damage from Wobb. If the opposing Pokemon is likely to use U-turn, I click Counter and hits whatever switches in. If Volt Switch, then Mirror Coat. More often then not, opposing Pokemon will set up Stealth Rocks in from of Wobb, do a status move, or go for a weak attack. I will click Encore in this case. The fourth move is Destiny Bond in case of dealing with a dangerous Pokemon that can two shot Wobb dead. If Wobb lives and uses DB, Wobb will take down the opponent on the next turn if the opponent attacks again. In case not, I click Encore on that turn.

Your doom (Gothitelle) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Trick
- Rest
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Stats: HP: 301 SpA: 282 Speed: 236

The second member of the noobish Shadow Tag core. If Wobb encored the opposing Pokemon into a status move, behold Gothitelle switches in to punish (and possible enrage the opponent into giving up) by giving that Pokemon a Choice Scarf via Trick. When the Encore ends, the opposing Pokemon is still locked into that move and is unable to escape. From there, Goth can attack until the Pokemon is dead or even better stall it out. Rest is necessary to survive Seismic Tosses and recover from status. Psychic is the best STAB Goth can get. HP Fire was intended for Steel Pokemon resistant to Psychic, but this was replaced by Thunderbolt. Sometimes, if the opposing Pokemon is slow and struggles to death, Goth can retrieve the Choice Scarf on the turn the struggling Pokemon dies (screw you Chansey). Choice Specs might be a better item for Goth, but the speed is nice for occasional revenge killing.

Whew I hope that all made some sense...

Mammy (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Stats: Atk: 359 Speed: 284

My only method of setting hazards on the opponent's field is Mamoswine using SR. Icicle Spear is a great STAB that can break substitutes (fuck yourself Gliscor). Ice Shard is a fabulous priority move. Earthquake is another powerful STAB. Mamoswine is just a great offensive Pokemon, but he is the member I'm most likely to replace due to his iffy bulk and difficulty switching in safely.

Sporeo (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Stats: Atk: 394 Speed: 239

I love using Breloom in OU, I'm just so good at predicting switchouts and getting lucky. This set is standard. Spore puts opponents to sleep, but I know which Pokemon are immune to it. Mach Punch is a godsend STAB that OHKOs Pikachu. Bullet Seed is another amazing STAB similar to Mammy's Icicle Spear. Rock Tomb hits flying Pokemon that think they can get it safely. Only Pokemon with at least 360 speed will outspeed Breloom after a RT. My main issue with using Breloom is keeping the sash intact in case he needs to take a deadly hit. I usually don't lead with it so he needs help with that sash.

Mandy (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Stats: HP: 423 Def: 339

Mandibuzz is my main answer to Aegislash and other pesky Pokemon outside of the Shadow Tag core. Foul Play is her only method of hurting the opponent. Defog is her only method to remove hazards. Taunt is for taunting. Roost is for recovery. Mandy is very favorable in OU, but I question whether she can be replaced by something with superior special bulk and to help out the Pokemon below.

Big Luvdisc (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Mirror Coat
- Waterfall

Stats: HP: 529 Def: 284 SpD: 132

Originally had Rotom Wash, but I wanted something less hideous looking and had a better recovery method. Behold, Luvdisc's cousin is actually viable in OU. For example, it can switch in to Talonflame's Brave Bird and recover its health. It can switch into many physical attacks, switchout, and come in again to take more hits. Rocky Helmet and Regenerator really work. Alomo provides Wishes of 266 HP (more than Breloom's HP). Protect is for scouting and receiving Wishes. If a special attack against Alomo is detected which the health fish can survive with its poor special defense, bam, Mirror Coat. Waterfall is a STAB attack when necessary. I could replace it with Scald, but Scald is a weaker attack and no good against fire types.

Sample replay:
First time ever testing the team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-140045951

Beating a Voltturn team (warning: butthurt comments):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oususpecttest-140681436

This was originally an experimental team to use under random alt names, but it turns out to effective against certain play styles. It however does not deal well with hyper offense when Mandibuzz and Alomomola are overwhelmed. None of the Pokemon are especially Specially Defensive.One time a Mega Absol (calm mind set) tore apart this team when I mispredicted Breloom's switch in. Sableye is a major problem for this team too.

I would like suggestions for possible better EV's or moveset improvements. A replacement can be made, but I will not get rid of Wobbuffet or Gothorita and no Chanseys allowed.

Last edited:
Your doom (Gothitelle) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Rest
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

change to:

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Rest

301 HP to survive Seismic Tosses from Chansey / Blissey. Speed is to outspeed Thundy. Can pretty much run a train on everything else. Goth can take a Specs SS from Keldeo with ease, and hit back hard.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Gothitelle: 108-128 (35.8 - 42.5%)
228 SpA Gothitelle Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 254-300 (78.6 - 92.8%)

Utility Talonflame with Taunt/ Will O Wisp/ Roost/ Brave Bird singlehandedly dismantle your team after Breloon loses it Focus Sash
P/S: just saying, that set of Talon isn't common anw :)

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Utility Talonflame with Taunt/ Will O Wisp/ Roost/ Brave Bird singlehandedly dismantle your team after Breloon loses it Focus Sash
P/S: just saying, that set of Talon isn't common anw :)
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gothitelle: 112-133 (39.8 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Gothitelle Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 146-172 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

mmm true, but

0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 80 HP / 252 Def Wobbuffet: 118-141 (21.8 - 26%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

I imagine Talonflame would be Roosting betwixt Gothitelle Psychics and would run over it, but Wobbuffet could trap and clean up nicely.

Reactions: lbq
I don't think utility talon destroyers the team... he have mamo and mega luvdisc tho having toxic would be nice on the team :] cheers!

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I don't think utility talon destroyers the team... he have mamo and mega luvdisc tho having toxic would be nice on the team :] cheers!
That's Alomomola; Mega Luvdisc doesn't exist.

Talonflame can burn Mamoswine before it gets a chance to do much, and Icicle Crash/Ice Shard will do neutral damage.

Reactions: lbq
That's Alomomola; Mega Luvdisc doesn't exist.

Talonflame can burn Mamoswine before it gets a chance to do much, and Icicle Crash/Ice Shard will do neutral damage.
True dat e.e my augment was pretty dump then, and I know mega luvdisc doesn't exist e.e that was ment to be funny ^^

Toxic on luvdisc would fix that tho, considering how on common it is ^^

Thanks for the suggestion Vap. Gothitelle will be modified. That is how I deal with Keldeo unless my Breloom is at full heath. As for utility Talonflame, I haven't faced one I don't think. I did deal with a Bulk Up Talonflame and stopped it. Like Sableye, I don't have a clear answer to those threats except through some luck and predictions. I could replace Mamoswine with Heatran. Heatran can swallow special attacks, absorb burns, and set up Stealth Rocks too. It would need air balloon considering I had to deal with a Gliscor during a match after the Shadow Tag core broke down.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)