XY NU Synergetic - My First NU Team

Hello, Smogon. As you can see by my profile and such, I'm quite new to this in general. I'm posting this because I'm looking for advice. I've played around in both Random Battles and OU, but have never ventured below before typing this up. While messing around in the two tiers, I would occasionally see a Pokemon from down in NU deal with worthy opponents up with the stronger Pokemon of OU. So now, I've decided to make a team for the NU metagame centralized around my favorite Pokemon in the tier, Lilligant. I have found a pretty nice core consisting of both the terrifying Lilligant, and the versatile Magmortar. My main goal while making this team is to have perfect synergy between all of my Pokemon.​

Building the Team

Lilligant~

Lilligant is the first Pokemon I chose. Although she has 5 weaknesses right off the bat, the team is made to support her, allowing her to sweep.
Weak to:

Resistant to:

-

Magmortar~

Magmortar is the second Pokemon I picked to complete the offensive core with Lilligant. Magmortar covers Lilligant's weaknesses to Bug, Fire, and Ice, while Lilligant covers Magmortar's weaknesses to Water and Ground.
Weak to:

Resistant to:

-

Seismitoad~

Having weaknesses to both Poison and Rock types in my Lilligant / Magmortar core, Seismitoad is the perfect third Pokemon. He resists both Poison and Rock, and even has a x4 resistance to Fire, Lilligant's scariest weakness. Seismitoad himself is only weak to Grass, which both Pokemon above resist.
Weak to:

Resistant to:

-

Rotom~

With flying being the only weakness that wasn't covered through type already, I looked through the electric types in the tier. Out of them all, Rotom was picked on account of having levitate. This allows Rotom to dispose of Flying type Pokemon without having to worry about giving a huge Ground weakness to the team. The ghost type also gives an immunity to Fighting, and an extra resistance to both Bug and Poison.
Weak to:

Resistant to:

-

Mighyena~

With Rotom having the Ghost typing, two new weaknesses opened up - Dark and Ghost. Luckily, any pure dark type can counter those two with ease. Mightyena was my first choice as he only brings in Bug, Fighting, and Fairy type weaknesses. Bug is countered by both Rotom and Magmortar. Fighting type moves are also ineffective to Rotom, while from what I've seen, Fairy types are near nonexistent down in NU. Even if a Fairy type move would happen to pop up, Magmortar is resistant to them.
Weak to:

Resistant to:

-

Togetic~

Filling the last spot of my team is Togetic. I first chose this guy simply to have a healer and supporter, but actually has pretty nice synergy. First off, Togetic is immune to both Ground and Dragon types. Neither of those two are that dangerous to my team, but Magmortar doesn't complain if there's one more Ground counter around. All five of Togetic's weaknesses are surprisingly covered above. Her Poison weakness is already covered by both Seismitoad and Rotom. Seismitoad also covers her weaknesses to Rock and Electric. Covering Togetic off is Magmortar, resisting her weaknesses to Steel and Ice. Togetic helps the team out type-wise by giving Mightyena another place to turn to when confronted with Fighting attacks, Rotom with Dark, Seismitoad with grass, and both Lilligant and Mightyena with Bug attacks.
Weak to:

Resistant to:

-​

~
~
~
~
~
~
~​

The Team in Depth

Lilligant~

70 / 60 / 75 / 110 / 75 / 90
@ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Petal Dance

As stated above, Lilligant shares the main core of the team with Magmortar. She has great synergy with him, as she can switch into water and ground type attacks aimed at Magmortar. When I send out Lilligant, my goal is to set up at least one Quiver Dance. I usually will do this after they're put to sleep, or about to switch out. Once that's up, I'll begin to sweep with Petal Dance, while using Hidden Power Ground to clear out opponents such as Ninetales, Muk, and who can tank a Petal Dance after only one Quiver Dance. Even with Quiver Dance boosting speed, Lilligant needs the 252 EVs invested in her speed to allow her to outspeed most of the metagame with Sleep Powder. Lilligant tends to be out mid game. The biggest problem I face when using her is probably extremely bulky Pokemon such as Probopass.

252+ SpA Lilligant Petal Dance vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 446-528 (142.9 - 169.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Klinklang: 220-260 (83.9 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Lilligant Petal Dance vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Steelix: 408-480 (115.2 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Typhlosion: 294-346 (98.6 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

-

Magmortar~

75 / 95 / 67 / 125 / 93 / 83
@ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower

Magmortar, the second half to my offensive core, is a full out attacker. He can switch into many threats to my team such as strong Steel types, Grass attacks aimed towards Seismitoad, and Ice attacks in order to preserve Lilligant and Togetic. His move pool is designed to be able to cause many switches, and eliminate any threats to his teammates. Focus Blast is to do damage mainly to Probopass and Dark types, but can also hurt bulky Normal types such as Miltank. Thunderbolt was picked in order to give Magmortar a chance against slower, weaker Water types, and to kill those pesky Flying types. Flamethrower is there for obvious STAB reasons, and to KO Steel types. I added Fire Blast in there to give Magmortar a stronger option if the risk is worth taking. Magmortar really only has problems with Dragalge, as none of his attacks can really hit her. Aside from that, he really can't be touched by much unless the opponent haxes the hell out of me.

252 SpA Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Probopass: 276-328 (85.1 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 204-240 (49.7 - 58.5%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Magmortar Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Chatot: 374-442 (127.2 - 150.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Bouffalant: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO

-

Seismitoad~

105 / 95 / 75 / 85 / 75 / 74
@ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 224Def / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Ice Punch

Seismitoad is my force switcher, so to speak. He can switch into any Electric type Pokemon, or anything really that he resists. Most of the time, between his two STAB attacks, a switch will happen. He can almost always get Stealth Rocks up without a problem, and sometimes a burn from Scald. I have Ice Punch on him to help hurt Flying types. #NewMeta. As much as it may seem, I don't really use Seismitoad for attacking much at all. His attack or speed aren't good enough to sweep with, so in reality, his only role is to force switches. However, Toadlegs does play quite an important role on my team. He doesn't have trouble with any foes in particular, but Will-O-Wisp really shuts him down.

-

Rotom~

50 / 50 / 77 / 95 / 77 / 91
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Rotom's main role on this team is to spread Will-O-Wisps. Luckily, this set makes it pretty easy. With access to both Trick and Volt Switch, he has no trouble getting one or two up. With the Choice Scarf equipped, almost no threat in the tier can out speed a Volt Switch. Rotom can move around between my Pokemon when needed, sometimes acting as a decoy, or even a suicide switch. However I play him, he has trouble with ground types like Seismitoad. Although I can simply switch out, it really slows my entire team's momentum down quite a bit. Despite the fact that when Rotom gets shut down, my team has trouble picking itself back up, this guy can make the opponent think twice before sending in a high class Pokemon such as Feraligatr or Archeops.

252 SpA Rotom Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 218-258 (69.8 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Archeops: 260-308 (89.3 - 105.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Rotom Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Floatzel: 320-378 (102.5 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Rotom Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Swellow: 320-378 (122.1 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-

Mightyena~

70 / 90 / 70 / 60 / 60 / 70
@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect

- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Facade

After adding in Rotom, I noticed that I needed something to counter Dark types. This slot was the hardest to pick. At first, I was going to add in Shiftry instead, but his secondary Grass typing added too many weaknesses. So, I gave this guy a run. Originally a Life Orbed, Moxie dependant revenge-sweeper who did absolutely nothing for the team during battle, Mightyena is now actually useable! Mightyena is mainly another late game sweeper, and sometimes my very last Pokemon. After the Toxic Orb is activated, Mightyena can outspeed almost anything in the NU metagame. Facade is the best option to use attack wise, however Play Rough is there for other Dark types, and anything that resists Facade. Sucker Punch, the obvious STAB of the set, allows Mightyena to out speed Swellow. Mightyena isn't able to tank much at all, so once he's hit, he's out for the match. I wouldn't mind switching Mightyena for another Pokemon as long as I don't need to switch anyone else to cover gaps. This set was made by the Youtuber Thejustinflynn :3

252+ Atk Mightyena Facade (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Swellow: 197-232 (75.1 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after toxic damage

-

Togetic~

55 / 40 / 85 / 80 / 105 / 40
@ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

My last spot is saved for a team supporter, Togetic. Togetic is basically my team's only form of status healing with Heal Bell. Defog kind of flares with Seismitoad's Stealth Rocks, but I feel as if it's necessary to run since I play with lots of switching. Roost is simply there to keep Togetic from fainting, and allowing her to stall out opponents for even a little while. Dazzling Gem is the STAB move of the set, dishing out a little bit of damage to Taunt users who would expect a support move. Togetic has next to little play time, but still has a crucial role, as both Seismitoad and Mightyena are dead meat while burned, along with any of my Pokemon while they're inflicted by paralysis. I find it hard to play Togetic when the other team has either a Lickilicky or Audino, the two Wish-passers of NU. Except for teams with those two, Togetic will only be KOed when I make stupid moves.

~

I hope you enjoyed reading through my team. If you have anything to say about it, please don't hesitate to comment. I would like as much feedback as possible on this. Anything you have to say about it would be appreciated, even calling me a noob ;D Please just give me some detail on whatever you're commenting about, and I'll try to take your criticism into account. Thank you for reading!

~ReShift_~​

Hey, your team isn't too bad in terms of type synergy offensively; and somewhat defensively. You seem to have a weakness to Rock and Ice type attacks; with Seismitoad being the only one to take those hits. Now, that can help in situations. However, after Seismitoad has fainted, you'll have nothing to take STAB Ice Beams or Stone Edges. Also, Scarf Sawk can plow through your team after Togetic has fainted (knock off would OHKO rotom).

What I would suggest to alleviate this issue:
Seismitoad seems to help with your team and also provides Stealth Rocks for the team, but other than that, it lacks offensive presence. Your team seems to create a lot of momentum; which, i assume, would be stopped cold if Seismitoad is needed. This is why I would suggest replacing Seismitoad -> Huntail. As a shell smasher, it would have amazing mixed stats of 104/94, making it a perfect candidate for a mixed smasher. To add to this, Defog doesn't contradict with SR because it doesn't learn it.

Here's a set I recommend using:

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Now, the EVs, Item and Ability are rather staple for it. The immunity to burns come in handy in many situations. Crunch is a rather different move to use on it; especially because bulky psychic types such as Uxie can wall this set due to its amazing mixed bulk; which now gets 2HKO'd by Crunch.

Now, regardless of the fact that you said Seismitoad and his electric immunity was important; I believe that your two resistances to Electric (Liligant and Rotom) mean that you don't really need an electric immunity. However, without the Ground typing; it can leave you weak to Poison. But, many of the pokemon you have are able to deal with them; well, they can deal with them now.

I also suggest changing the Magmortar set because the coverage that you're lacking (it gets heaps of coverage) can be dealt with rather easily; especially with Huntail.

Here's the set I recommend you try:

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Psychic, as opposed to Focus Blast, allows you to hit Fighting types and Dragalge super effectively. Flamethrower and Fire Blast together was useless; so adding HP grass allowed you to hit Rock types that you lost without Focus Blast. Also, Expert Belt is better than Life Orb for Survivability and that it has more coverage than what it originally did.

Hey, your team isn't too bad in terms of type synergy offensively; and somewhat defensively. You seem to have a weakness to Rock and Ice type attacks; with Seismitoad being the only one to take those hits. Now, that can help in situations. However, after Seismitoad has fainted, you'll have nothing to take STAB Ice Beams or Stone Edges. Also, Scarf Sawk can plow through your team after Togetic has fainted (knock off would OHKO rotom).

What I would suggest to alleviate this issue:
Seismitoad seems to help with your team and also provides Stealth Rocks for the team, but other than that, it lacks offensive presence. Your team seems to create a lot of momentum; which, i assume, would be stopped cold if Seismitoad is needed. This is why I would suggest replacing Seismitoad -> Huntail. As a shell smasher, it would have amazing mixed stats of 104/94, making it a perfect candidate for a mixed smasher. To add to this, Defog doesn't contradict with SR because it doesn't learn it.

Here's a set I recommend using:

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Now, the EVs, Item and Ability are rather staple for it. The immunity to burns come in handy in many situations. Crunch is a rather different move to use on it; especially because bulky psychic types such as Uxie can wall this set due to its amazing mixed bulk; which now gets 2HKO'd by Crunch.

Now, regardless of the fact that you said Seismitoad and his electric immunity was important; I believe that your two resistances to Electric (Liligant and Rotom) mean that you don't really need an electric immunity. However, without the Ground typing; it can leave you weak to Poison. But, many of the pokemon you have are able to deal with them; well, they can deal with them now.

I also suggest changing the Magmortar set because the coverage that you're lacking (it gets heaps of coverage) can be dealt with rather easily; especially with Huntail.

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Psychic, as opposed to Focus Blast, allows you to hit Fighting types and Dragalge super effectively. Flamethrower and Fire Blast together was useless; so adding HP grass allowed you to hit Rock types that you lost without Focus Blast. Also, Expert Belt is better than Life Orb for Survivability and that it has more coverage than what it originally did.
Wow, thank you so much. I've switched Seismitoad with Huntail, and have already gotten better results. Magmortar's also doing much better than before. Just one question... Would adding some Special Defensive EVs on Huntail be beneficial at all? After a Shell Smash, 252 speed EVs seems like an overdose. I may be wrong, but I'm just thinking out loud :D

EDIT**

Also, what move should I add onto Togekiss now that I've noticed Defog isn't compatible with Dazzling Gem? I'm currently running T-Wave, but I feel like there could be a better option that I'm looking over.

Wow, thank you so much. I've switched Seismitoad with Huntail, and have already gotten better results. Magmortar's also doing much better than before. Just one question... Would adding some Special Defensive EVs on Huntail be beneficial at all? After a Shell Smash, 252 speed EVs seems like an overdose. I may be wrong, but I'm just thinking out loud :D

EDIT**

Also, what move should I add onto Togekiss now that I've noticed Defog isn't compatible with Dazzling Gem? I'm currently running T-Wave, but I feel like there could be a better option that I'm looking over.
Defog is compatible with Dazzling Gleam, but you cannot have the hidden ability because it's a Gen IV move. It's not an overdose, by the way. It needs all the speed EVs for scarfed pokemon. (which, I suggest, you get rid of scarfed electrics before you sweep).

That's why I run Serene Grace + Tri Attack for the 40% freeze/burn/para. It's not STAB, but compensates for not having status.

EDIT: Forgot to add, you can change for Naive -> Naughty if you feel as if you've got enough speed already.

Hi ReShift_ cool team!

The first thing that can give you trouble just looking at your team is a big Cryogonal weakness. The snowflake can come in for free on Seismitoad, Rotom, Togetic and even Lillingant if sleep clause is active and assuming the standard set of Freeze Dry, Hidden Power Ground, Recover, Rapid spin pretty much get a kill. It doesn't help that the only thing that can outspeed it is mightyena which is forced to come out early game which is obviously not ideal. The first suggestion i have is to change a bit your Lilligant set, change Petal Dance to Giga Drain as it is much more reliable and put Hidden Power Fire or Rock over Hidden Power Ground. You don't need to hit Muk harder when it is a free switch for your Seismitoad and because of that you don't want to lock into Petal Dance because it is easily exploitable. The second suggestion i have is to put Knock Off over Ice Punch on Seismitoad as Knock Off is waaaay more crippling to its switch ins than Ice Punch is and also does solid damage to Cryogonal. To deal with Cryogonal while still having a counter to Dark Types i'd personally use Gurdurr as it can easily use Bulk Up against those and possibly sweep if the opposing team is weakened. Having another win condition is obviously nice.
If you don't like Gurdurr you can change your Mightyena to Spiritomb (who can trap Cryogonal with Pursuit, and block its Rapid Spin) or at least make it the standard Moxie sweeper which is much more effective than the Toxic Orb set and is really good late game a thanks to its powerful Sucker Punch.
Also remember to fix your Magmortar EVs (and consider Earthquake over Focus Blast to break Dragalge!) and good luck with your future battles!

Lilligant (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

(EVs avoid the OHKO from Specs Dragalge)

Spiritomb @ Dread Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang / Substitute

with defensive seismitoad, he isn't really weak to rock-type attacks as the only rock-type users that have them are usually slower than the rest of his team and can't take on seismitoad that well. its fastest user, archeops, is a hard pokemon to switch into in general anyway and is decently checked by seismitoad and his choice scarf and priority user. it also doesn't really help that you pointed out his "weakness" to rock-type attacks yet remove his only resistance to it. and for the other point, stealth rock may seem redundant with defog, but you'll realize that many good teams that carry defog would have both because not only does it pressure the opponent with switching when it's needed, but it's also usable mid-game once their stealth rock user is removed

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

focus blast isn't just for rock-types; it's so that magmortar can hit bulky normal-types like lickilicky, audino, and miltank which would otherwise stop it completely. focus blast is entirely superior over hidden power grass on a life orb set

252 SpA Life Orb Magmortar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Seismitoad: 211-248 (50.9 - 59.9%)

psychic also has very limited use since its intended target is only dragalge. "hitting fighting-types" is a shaky reason because all of them except thick fat hariyama dislike fire blast as is, and expert belt psychic is only a 3HKO on assault vest hariyama. if you were trying to hit dragalge, it would be much better to opt for a mixed set with earthquake instead of psychic because it hits more of magmortar's checks like lanturn and specially defensive flareon while hitting dragalge harder than psychic would on average since many people like to run some special defense or, on ladder, some odd assault vest set

given the entire team, i would think that mixed magmortar with focus blast and earthquake is superior because the team has more trouble with bulky normal-types and dragalge more than seismitoad. also, keeping seismitoad is better; huntail is usually subpar compared to gorebyss anyway because there's too many things that stop it like seismitoad, qwilfish, poliwrath, and so on

galbia's rate is mostly fine although i disagree with using gurdurr or spiritomb over mightyena primarily because slurpuff can have a really easy setup opportunity (and it already did considering how easy it is for it to set up on togetic) and there is no other priority on the team to keep it in check. if anything, offensive cryogonal is very tough to switch into anyway, so i would just try to give your team some added speed by adding liepard over mightyena. it still has access to sucker punch, but it's far faster allowing you to outspeed offensive cryogonal. you also have knock off and useful support options in prankster encore or thunder wave which can be very useful if you need to stop slurpuff and some other setup pokemon since they could set up easily against things like togetic and seismitoad. for these reasons, it may be worth running toxic on seismitoad as well

Hi there cool team! I immediatly see a weakness to Cryogonal, as it is capable of outspeeding and OHKO'ing every member on the team dependant on coverage. Cryogonal simply needs to spam LO Freeze Dry + HP Ground to win the game. Shiftry is a huge (BAN ME PLEASE) to the team, as taking a Knock Off on Togetic could mean that you are sacking it to something later in the match crippling it severely, while all of your other pokemon are outright OHKO'd. Opposing Mixmortars for the same reason can do huge damage to you, as you simply cannot switch into them. Slurpuff also does a big number to the entirety of the team, as it can guarantee setup on 3 of your mons and proceed to sweep the rest of your team. Outside of that this is a pretty cool team.
Dont use Huntail since it is completely eclipsed by Gorebyss, who SmashPasses more effectively with far better Special Attack, allowing it to take advantage of stronger coverage and stronger STAB moves.

I think the easiest thing to do in order to remove the BD Slurpuff weakness is simply run Scarf Mismagius over Scarf Rotom. The key difference is in Speed Tiers, and at 105 speed, Mismagius can actually outpace and revenge kill Set-Up Slurpuffs, which is key to your team not being swept. It also can support the team with both a quick trick like your Rotom, as well as a fast Destiny Bond to catch another pokemon late game, and its Shadow Ball is mildly stronger allowing you to better revenge opponents.

I feel that Assault Vest Hariyama fits better than Mightyena on your specific team. Simply put, you need something to be able to check Cryogonal's shenanigans, and Hariyama fits the bill much more effecitvely. With great bulk, it effectively counters Cryogonal, Shiftry, and Mixmortar, easily removing them so that your other pokemon have a much easier time. Frankly, Mightyena didn't quite help your team, as I feel that it opens up more holes than it helps to close. Instead, Hariyama acts as an effecitive pivot to better support the pokemon that you are focusing on to get set-up, Lilligant.

Minor Changes:
Lilligant: Hidden Power [Fire] or Hidden Power [Rock] > Hidden Power [Ground], as each offers more coverage respectively. Fire hits opposing Grass and Steel types such as Vileplume or Klinklang super effecitvely, while Rock offers the ability to smash stuff like Swellow and Accelgor.
Seismitoad: Seismitoad better takes advantage of Knock Off > Ice Punch, since Ice Punch is still p weak and instead Knock Off can help nullify switch ins and potentially cripple or even render an opponent useless.
Magmortar: I think your team appreciates MixMortar more than your current set, as it can bait in and kill Dragalage, one of Lilligant's biggest threats. It also baits other MagMortar checks such as Lanturn for an easy 2HKO. 20 Atk / 236 SAtk / 252 Spd Rash, Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast or HP Grass / Earthquake.

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Wow, thank you all for the rates! I actually wasn't expecting more than maybe one, haha.

After reading over all of your posts, this is my current team. I'll note what I had changed, and why for simplicity's sake.

-

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain

Although loosing Petal Dance does give me a little less offensive pressure, Giga Drain allows me to keep Lilligant in longer. HP Rock seems more useful towards threats like Cryagonal, and simply does damage to more Pokemon in the tier.
( Set by galbia )

-

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

I honestly have no idea what to put on this guy. I've decided to put Focus Blast over HP Grass because on second thought, Dragalge doesn't do much damage to me anyway. And now that Seismitoad carries Earthquake, it's not as much of a problem as before.
( Focus Blast by ium )

-

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

I really liked using that Huntail set, but it opened lots of holes in my team which Seismitoad filled. I switched Earth Power with Earthquake, and Ice Punch with Knock Off to make switching harder on my opponents.
( Set by galbia )

-

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Facade

I switched his set to a Life Orbed, Moxie sweeper. The only thing that's different than the set that was recommended was that this one is Jolly instead of Adamant. Although I liked all of the sets to switch out with Mightyena, they all give me a huge Slurpuff weakness.
( Set also by @galbia... )

-

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Although when switching Rotom to this guy I lost my Volt Switcher, Mismagius does Rotom's Will-O-Wisping role better. I like everything about this set.
( By Brawlfest )

-

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Tri Attack

I have no idea what I was saying with Defog being incompatible or whatever. Because I totally knew it was the ability being incompatible... Right well okay. Serene Grave + Tri Attack is MUCH better than Dazzling Gem. I didn't even know theta Togetic gets Tri Attack.
( Set by Fluze3 )

-

So basically, I still need to figure out what exactly to put on Magmortar, and what to use ( if anything ) instead of Mightyena. I'm thinking about the mixed set that was recommended above, but I'm honestly not sure. Each of the sets kills certain threats to my team, but has it's own flaws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)