2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is a left back :P

But Löw got 2 years now to test guys like großkreutz, jung or even bender, rode or can. Will be interesting to see who will be left/right back in 2016

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fullbacks also tend to be at their best relatively young, so its very plausible that, even if euros are iffy, by next world cup someone young will have emerged who is only 17-18 now

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Romeu has signed a three year deal, putting end to speculation that he'll be joining Valencia. He did play well in our first pre season friendly and might have some part to play in José's plans.

So we're selling Borini to Sunderland for £14m and replacing him with Loic Remy for £8m. That is amazing business! We will be getting a far superior striker while also making a profit.

How on earth is Liverpool gonna line up next season? The only things I can put down on the page is Sturridge... and Mignolet. The rest is all up in the air! I think Rodgers has done great in strengthening the depth though and that's the first and most important thing for next season. Maybe he can try a Sturridge + 3 wingers behind him + 2 holding formation but where does Coutinho go then?

And wtf Balotelli??

I hope Arsenal sign another striker but I really don't see Wenger doing it!

Coutinho will be dropped for Lallana, he'll have to fight to get his place back. Coutinho was very inconsistent last season and there were plenty of times where he could have been dropped but there was no one to bring in to the position without a significant drop in quality. Lallana will also be used on the wings perhaps in some games.

As for the XI it will surely be: 4-3-3 Mignolet, Johnson, (new CB: Lovren hopefully)/Skrtel if we can't get Lovren, Sakho, (New LB: We will certainly sign one), Gerrard (dlp), Lallana lcm, Henderson rcm, Sterling + Markovic/(New forward signing; all three compete for the wing spots), Sturridge. Gerrard won't play every game so probably rotated a bit with Can and Lucas if he stays.

I would like to think a new LB will be signed so Flanno can take Johnson's place at RB but I am sure BR really rates Glen.

In my opinion if a good LB is there, that XI is overall stronger than the one we had last season. If we cannot get Lovren I think it is worth sticking with Toure and Skrtel rather than buying for the sake of it, hopefully BR will agree, or if not pull out an even better signing than Lovren. Right now though, Lovren really seems the best attainable CB option for us. Suarez, Borini and Assaidi leaving means we definitely need another Forward. I'd love it to be someone really good as the same kind of talents as Sanchez, but it will probably be Remy who isn't that bad.

Very happy with our business so far, especially if we complete the sales of Borini and Assaidi for £21m combined.

Remy is a decent signing, I'm assuming BR is gonna play 1 up front with 3 wingers behind him (sterling,lallana,coutinho?) either way I'm excited about our deals so far

But Löw got 2 years now to test guys like großkreutz, jung or even bender, rode or can. Will be interesting to see who will be left/right back in 2016
If Rode is half as good as when I bought him on my Paderborn career on Fifa 12, then he'll be a lynchpin of the German FOOTBALL team for years...

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Remy is a decent signing, I'm assuming BR is gonna play 1 up front with 3 wingers behind him (sterling,lallana,coutinho?) either way I'm excited about our deals so far
Playing with only 2 holding midfielders seems a bit risky considering Gerrard isn't that good defensively. They played like that in the WC and it didn't really work. I guess that Henderson and Lucas could work well in that system but then Gerrard would be left out, and that's unlikely.

yeah I thought about that after I commented. Maybe he could use can over Henderson and play him a bit further up, seems a bit too complex though.

I wonder what young players Van Gaal is gonna bring through at Utd. He's famous for building young teams and shipping the old stars but pretty much all the reports say he wants to ship all the young players at Utd lol.

HBK

Sky sources have reported that Lukaku will be staying at Chelsea to fight for his place in the team. I kinda saw this coming when Mourinho declared that we wouldn't be signing any more players and it's exactly what I wanted. He'll be the perfect back up for Costa and this also means that we won't have to rely on that pieceofshit Torres when the chips are down. Speaking of whom, I'm sure that Mourinho intended to sell him but I presume that no club was able to afford his wages.

HBK

I do think that signing more players is unnecessary so it's only logical.

Man when madrid wants something they get it.

They say the deal for James should be completed in 48 hours or by the end of the week. €81m for Monaco.

After this deal is done then the di maria deal should be finalized afterwards. Di maria wants around 8 mil euros. He earns around 4.5 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)