XY UU The Dream Team

I just kinda randomly made this team a month or two ago, i was a huge noob at Pokemon at the time, so I just chose my favorite Pokemon. After adjustments and beating a lot of OU teams with it, I realized it was a good team, and that it happened to be UU as well. Apologies if I don't know what I'm talking about during some parts, I'm somewhat new to this, but that's why I'm posting here in the first place ^^.

All these pokemon are in no particular order, as with Zoroark on the team, it lets you re-arrange it how you please before the game starts.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Cryogonal is my Spinner on the team, with awesome Sp. Def bulk. Toxic + Recover can be used to late-game stall Pokemon who think their special attacks can dent a little snowflake such as him. Leftovers to help with stalls, and full defensive EV's as well. I am aware he is technically NU, but he's been so reliable and I haven't found a good Pokemon to replace him. Plus, ever since my friend traumatized me with his Entry Hazard team, I've always felt the need to have Rapid Spin on my team.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Metagross is my go-to "shit has hit the fan" pokemon. He provides great coverage against a lot of different types, and has a straight up scary attack stat to back it up. I don't care much for speed on him, so all my EV's go to HP and Attack. Bullet punch is a great priority move people seem to forget about when facing me, and has saved me multiple times. I always accidentally sweep with him too.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With his straight up baller defense, Tangrowth can take Earthquakes and the likes like Splashes. I use Leech seed when I know an opponent will switch out, or when I can take 3-4 hits. Giga Drain for my STAB Grass move, Sleep powder to put switching in Fire types to sleep (they seem to be my teams major weakness currently.) and Hidden Power Fire, to surprise unsuspecting Grass/Ice Types. His ability Regenerator is pretty OP, and along with leftovers I can keep him alive for a long time.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Chandelure is my go-to Ghost type. With his already good Sp. Atk stat, I put EV's into Speed to hit quickly on my follow-ups on Normal/Fighting move switch-ins. With his ability Infiltrator, and the move Taunt, he can ruin a Pokemon's day if he plans to setup on me.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Swampert is my Rocks lead, and then if someone takes advantage of this to setup, I use Roar to scare them away. I invested in Speed because I want him to stand a chance after rocks are put up, mainly against strong Fire/Electric types.

Chuck Testa (Zoroark) @ Leftovers
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse

Ah... last but not least, Zoroark. I always have Chandelure last in my party for Zoroark to disguise as. Once I safe switch into a type that is scared of Chandie, they will switch out, I get a free sub, once that happens, my identity as Zoroark is concealed till they break the sub then hit me, or realize that Chandie doesn't have Nasty Plot. Ideally, they switch into a pokemon with ghost moves, then I Nasty plot away, and you know the rest. I couldn't decide on a 4th move, so I figured Taunt would be useful, and it has indeed proven so. I go max speed EV's so I don't get hit and get my cover blown, and HP because hes so frail. (If i stay in for too long, I have a bad habit of thinking I have the disguised Pokemon out, rather than zoro, as seen in the replay with "Cryogonal".)

I only saved 1 replay of this team so far, and it was a Metagross sweep in OU, lol.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-139765674

Last edited:
I understand your EV spread with Swampert, but realize that very few common leads have Grass typing. The only one I could see as a common lead is Celebi, in which case you are better off leading with Chandelure. Speaking of which, add Chandelure's last 4 EVs to Special Defense so Download users get an Attack boost.

Switch Swampert's item to Leftovers or something because it basically never gets OHKOd on Turn 1 outside of freak HP Grasses/Grass Knot from stuff that hardly ever runs it: Hydreigon, Metagross, Honchkrow (hey I tried this once).

I didn't realize Chandelure didn't have those last 4 EV's, wups. Anyways, thanks for the help, changed the sash to Leftovers.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I like the originality of your Chandelure set, Taunt isn't very viable simply because Chandelure can't outspeed many of the set up sweepers that it wants to taunt. A lot of them can also OHKO in return. I'd suggest changing Chandelure to Sub Calm Mind so that your team has a win condition and you can break stall more easily.

Hey buddy, rating and biznatch. Just to preface, I agree with Sage's idea to change Chandelure (possibly to a Scarf variant to help you with the lack of speed on your team although SubCM could work too.

So right off the bat, your team has an enormous weakness to Hydreigon, sporting 0 switch ins to the Mixed Life Orb Hydreigon set and barely any for the Scarf set if a few members of the team are slightly weakened. So with this, I recommend you changing out Tangrowth, who really doesn't do much for your team and replace it with Aromatisse. This also helps vs Haxorus (who has recently been released into the UU tier) since at the present time if Haxorus sets up an SD, your team has pretty much 0 answers to it spamming Outrage. I also don't really see the point in you having Cryogonal either since it's a pretty average spinner at best and an even worse special wall. Ice is a horrendous typing in UU with Fire- and Fighting-types running rampant throughout the tier. As a means to still keep the hazard removal vibe on your team but also have an answer to Infernape who 6-0's if it's an HP ground Variant or if Chandelure dies, I think that it would be best to replace Cryogonal with Mega-Aerodactyl. Being one of the most fantastic revenge killers in the tier and having access to Defog makes him stand out as one of the best mons in the tier and probably the best check to Offense (a playstyle your team otherwise struggles with). The other thing I think needs a change is Zoroark, sure it cements it's place in the RU tier as one of the premier mons but in UU, it just doesn't live up to the expectations that you might gain from seeing it in action in RU (especially not the set it has currently). Sitting at base 105 Speed no longer is ideal for a mon with such frail defenses and fairly low base power moves. It's almost entirely outclassed by Alakazam, who has arguably a better ability, better SpA stats and better Speed. Having said this, Zoroark does have the benefits of being able to lure people into Knocking off or w/e on Chandelure but I honestly don't think that is worth it to justify a team spot. So with that being said, I definitely endorse a switch from Zoroark to Alakazam which would give you another nice revenge killer and again, improve your match up vs Offense which is a playstyle you identified as being a weakness. Moving onto moveset fixes, there are a couple that need to be made. Chandelure should be investing mainly in Special Attack and Speed, with only HP being put in if you're using a Sub CM variant. Swampert should be running Max Hp and Max Defense with an Relaxed nature to maximise Physical Bulk while sacrificing the one stat that isn't /that/ important, being Speed. Metagross could do with forgoing Hammer Arm in place of Earthquake in order to hit more Steels like Jirachi and also hit Fire-types that might try to come in on Metagross. And in my opinion there's basically no reason not to use Jirachi over Metagross anyway since it's pretty much a better mon and Sub Toxic would really help your team beat Stall which you otherwise have problems dealing with. This change is up to you though.

That's basically everything I could find, all the sets I mentioned can be found below and hopefully this helps you out; n_n

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Aqua Tail / Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace / Earthquake / Crunch

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald / Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

just a minor note, taunt already goes through subs and flash fire really helps chandelure come in on a lot more. 4 of the pokemon you put on your team are weak to fire and if you don't have flash fire, you'll be a sitting duck while Victini or Rotom-H devours your team. I understand chandelure still resists and swampert still resists, but chandelure's defenses aren't the best (CB 252+ Victini does 61.7%-72.8% to your spread which is an easy 2hko after rocks and some prior damage, 252 Attack Darmanitan 2hkos with 45.3%-53.3% flare blitz after rocks) while Swampert can be removed individually with a lure.

For other things, I'd agree with Calloflochie's suggestions, they're spot-on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)