XY OU Get Cuboned

When making this team I wanted to focus on using Pokemon that I haven't seen while battling online or don't see very frequently. There is no truly over powerful Pokemon on this team but it is built around the star of this team, my favorite Pokemon... Marowak!

Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-10-57.png
1. Marowak
Item: Thick Club
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Moveset:
Bonemerang
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

Marowak is my favorite Pokemon of all time so I wanted to make a team based around this fiesty little guy. Thick Club is the obvious and only choice for Marowak. Adamant is to have the maximum possible attack for sweeping. His moveset is chosen to provide perfect coverage. I know Earthquake is preferred over Bonemerang for accuracy but you can't have a true Marowak that doesn't utilize his bone. The only thing he is missing is speed which is why I bring in my next monster...

Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-14-15.png
2. Ninjask
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Moveset:
Substitute
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Ninjask is around for the sole purpose of passing speed to Marowak. Focus Sash is to guarantee a pass to Marowak while the EV spread is to allow him to take a hit. The moveset is pretty standard for a passing Ninjask with Swords Dance for an attack boost when I substitute on a switch.

Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-11-24.png
3. Jellicent
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def
Ability: Cursed Body
Moveset:
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Scald
Taunt

Jellicent acts as a sturdy special wall that counters several of Marowak's major weaknesses. The nature and EV spread both allow him to take the most hits from special attackers with Leftovers and Recover for reliable recovery. Scald and Will-O-Wisp are to burn opponents and allow Jellicent to take physical hits with taunt being there to prevent the opponent from setting up.

Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-12-49.png
4. Rotom-Mow
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
Protect
Thunderbolt
Leaf Storm
Volt Switch

Rotom-Mow is one of the lesser used Rotoms which is what motivated me to use him. He is here to further counter Marowak's weaknesses while also checking many threats to Jellicent. I went with a physically defensive set because I already have a reliable special wall and many special threats to Jellicent are resisted by Rotom. The moveset is there for STAB purposes with Protect to scout and Volt Switch to change out after a Leaf Storm Sp. Att drop.

Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-15-36.png

5. Houndoom-Mega
Item: Houndoomite
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Att, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Solar Beam

Houndoom acts as my special sweeper. Flamethrower and Dark Pulse for STAB and Shadow Ball and Solar Beam for coverage. He is also able to come in to check Dark type Pokemon that nobody else on my team resists.

Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-14-43.png
6. Magcargo
Item: White Herb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def
Ability: Weak Armor
Moveset:
Shell Smash
Flamethrower
Ancient Power
Recover

Magcargo is around to check any threats that may take out my Rotom-Mow. I have always wanted to use one but have never seen any so he fits this team perfectly. Shell Smash and Weak Armor are there to boost speed to he an optional sweeper. Flamethrower and Ancient Power are for STAB and Recover for HP regain so he can stay around longer.

I know this team may not be the best but I really wanted to use some uncommon Pokemon. Please help me out the best

Last edited:
Well no hazards is a bit of a problem for you and without rocks you are open to a sweeper like Zard-X setting up on rotom or macargo ect. fearing only jellicent. At the same time no rapid spin or magic bounce worries me unless you plan on leading jellicent to taunt opposing hazard leads. Speaking of taunt ninjask is a huge bait for a prankster taunt user like sableye. I suggest someone like Ferrothorn who is one of the best defensive mons out there and sets up rocks and or spikes nicely. Jellicent can switch in and shut down attackers with fire or fighting to dispatch him and the grass and electric attacks aimed at jellicent are shrugged off relatively well by Ferrothorn. Rotom having levitate can also switch in on the occasional Earthquake and proceed to leaf storm the ground type. Maybe consider a scarfer but one with good synergy doesn't immediately come to mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)