XY OU Mega Medicham with Regenerator U-turn core

I have done some small updates on the team which are in bold, as always any tips are welcomed.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
The first part of the regenerator core whose main purpose is to put foes to sleep and to clear away any attempt to stat up and acts as a special wall of sorts, as it can take super effective ice beams and still live to put something to sleep or giga drain it. Great check to Rotom-W, Keldeo and catches Aegislash by surprise with foul play. I changed the EV spread around so its a little more defensively balanced and can take physical hits better while still retaining a nice amount of special bulk.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Toxic
Second part of the regenerator core and physical wall, set is pretty self explanatory. Scald is there for STAB and a chance to burn physical attackers. ice beam is mostly for Garchomp, Landorus ect. I was using thunder wave over toxic but switched to toxic because this team seems to force opponents to switch a lot and the repeated toxic damage helps whittle opponents down. Rocky helmet is extra damage against physical attackers as slack off and regenerator restore health enough.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Scarf Heatran rounds off the fire,water,grass trio and is an absolute beast as most people don't expect it to be scarfed. I use him as a lead sometimes to get a quick kill on an opposing Landorus or hit for heavy damage with overheat if they lead with Ferrothorn and switch out. Also acts as a revenge killer. I use overheat over fire blast because i found fire blast missing too much and sometimes not dealing enough damage, with overheat i can take about half of Rotom-w hp off on the switch. Flash cannon is for fairy's and earth power is for opposing Heatran and Excadrill not carrying air balloon. HP ice is what seems to make him great catching so many people off guard and OHKO most of his switch ins.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
I chose choice band Scizor because i needed something that could hit hard on the physical side even if the opponents resist the attack. EVs are so he still hits as hard as possible while still being able to take some hits himself. U-turn for scouting the opponents switch and bullet punch is standard. Superpower is to OHKO Heatran switching in and for Ferrothorn which stay in, also to deal heavy damage to anything that doesnt resist it. Pursuit is for Lati@s, Gengar and Psychic types.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off Stone Edge
- U-turn
Landorus is my rock setter and my second pivot with U-turn. He is also here to help check physical attakers that might give me trouble with intimidate, suck as Talonflame and Charizard X. I will lead with him most of the time unless i fell for whatever reason my opponent will lead with something that Heatran can get a surprise kill on. Earthquake is there for STAB and is just a great move in general. Changed knock off to stone edge to hit Charizard Y and Talonflame for SE damage seems to be working well so far

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch Ice Punch
- Substitute
And here is my clean up hitter Mega Medicham. I chose this mega because i needed a Physical attacker to come in late game and finish off my opponent with out the need to stat up or be locked into a single move because of a choice item, and Medicham does just that. Fire punch just wasn't doing it for me so i changed it to ice punch and its working so much better. I find i can bring him in a little bit earlier in the game set up a substitute and take out one or two pokemon before the sub breaks and by then Medicham can finish off the opponent or he created an opening for another teammate to come in and get the job done.

THREATS:
Excadrill with sand rush
Thundurus
Mega Pinsir
Conkeldurr

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144496675
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144490210
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144528146

Last edited:
Nice team!
You could switch out Earth Power on Heatran for Ancient Power/ Stone Edge to help deal with Talonflame/Char Y. And you could also change Fire Punch to Ice Punch on Medicham to deal with DD Dragonite and Gliscor.

Late Note: Once Mega Medicham is KO'd, this team is quite weak to HP Fire Greninja

Last edited:
^That's not the right calculation after Dragonite switches into Stealth Rock (The damage is twice as much). After SR breaks Multiscale, even Zen Headbutt has a good chance of OHKOing Dragonite.

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 228-268 (70.3 - 82.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

But Ice Punch has a 25 % chance to OHKO through Multiscale, so that's nice. It also nails Gliscor and Landorus(-T), so you might want to consider it if Fire Punch doesn't seem too useful. You'll lose power when facing Scizor and Forretress, but HJK is still pretty powerful against them.

Last edited:
You could run rotom w over landurus. The defensive variety checks many of the Sam pokemon with better bulk, stab volt switch,(which hurt aforementioned greninja), as well as almost perfect synergy with scizor. You sacrifice rocks but room can be found on Heatran by exchanging HP ice which is used to hit gliscor harder and Dragon types stupid enough to switch in but you hit physical gliscor plenty hard with your other moves. Also the scarf scares out many leads especially ttar for fear of earth power and guarantees a SR before you switch.
Give it a try hope it helps!

Thanks for the advice guys the team seems to be doing better now and climbing the ladder at a nice pace. And to quimbydidit even though rotom-w would fit nicely in here with volt turn i dont fell it would work out with the rest of the team. I already have a defensive water type in slowbro and I find intimidate on landorus pretty useful in alot of situations. And i wouldnt want my heatran to be locked into a non attacking move it would only hurt him in the long run not being able to cover as many threats.

Right it's totally up to you. I happen to love my rotom-w is all. It was more of a thought I had than a recommendation. I say do what works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)