(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Well, a big annoyance of mine... the auto-popup messages on the PSS screen.

I mean, what could conceivably be the reasoning behind coding in those? Do anybody, anywhere, ever stumble around in their game with nothing to do, then suddenly see the message "Do you want to Wonder Trade?" and think "Yes, that's a good idea! Let's do that!"?

They are flat-out annoying, and they can't be disabled. It's undeniably one of the most moronic decisions GF has ever done on the UI front.
Let's not forget the: 'Hey, let's answer the profile questions'

Oh wait, you already answered all of them? No worries, we're still going to bother you with this message.

All the time. :/

And don't even get me started on the "Your battery is low" message; I KNOW it's low you don't have to remind me every 10 seconds godamit
Well, what if you don't notice the bright red blinking light your DS gives off when the battery is screwed?

Reduce your WT pains to a minimum:

BriarRose's AMAZING medicine

1. Pick one semi-decent spitback
2. WT it.
3. Get crap in exchange
4. WT the crap
5. Repeat step 4 until you get something (kinda) good
6. STOP
7. WT your next spitback
8. Umm, enjoy life?

Umm, why not just, I don't know, CATCH the shiny before going back to whatever you're doing? It would only take a minute. Mayyyybe 2.

Would you rather have the camera spin all around the field, making us all dizzy?
The problem is not me catching the thing, it's the fact that every damn time I want to double check that it's not a shiny I have to wait thirty seconds for the drunken camera guy to focus on the damn wild pokemon. D:< Also, if I used thunder wave on every pokemon I encountered to check if it was shiny due to this, I would have to make so many constant trips to the pc to heal the pp on it that it would not be worth it.

Well, what if you don't notice the bright red blinking light your DS gives off when the battery is screwed?
Then I entirely deserve having the battery quit on me just after catching a shiny before I can save the game. Like, say, a shiny Ralts on Route 4 which are already annoyingly hard to encounter. Or that shiny Zangoose/Seviper smack dab in the middle of four of the arch-rival species in the same horde. (especially Seviper thanks to Zangoose Quick Attack spam)

Those messages are annoying, but the one for Game Chat when agreeing to a trade is even more annoying. Whatever the person starting the trade chose for the Game Chat option should be what it is for the trade. They want to have it off, why even bother asking the other person if they want to have it off as well? It's a waste of time and battery life.

-Sometimes the overworld feels huge...
-sry but too many rivals. I found shauna(she was caring) and trevor interesting.
-Some moves like flamethrower were nerfed
it's NO WAY a bad game though

And don't even get me started on the "Your battery is low" message; I KNOW it's low you don't have to remind me every 10 seconds godamit
And to make it worse, it even does it when your 3DS is charging. Like, I realize that it's low but it's not going to die or anything. Honestly the most annoying part of the game IMO.
The 3D directions in Lumiose are pretty freaking annoying too...I notice it the most when I'm on my bike, but it's rather irritating. One might go so far as to say it's irksome.
It's a minor nitpick, but it annoys me that the Friend Safaris are just tiny patches of grass. At least something similar to Pal Park in Gen 4 would be nice, perhaps we'll see a change if Friend Safaris return to ORAS.
Only being able to find Mega Stones at a certain time of day is pretty ridiculous too, as has been mentioned...also Diantha, the E4, and Gym Leaders not having in-battle 3D models bothers me as well (They don't, yet every Team Flare grunt ever has one. Just wrong). I get that it's probably lots of work, but still...it'd be nice.

And to make it worse, it even does it when your 3DS is charging. Like, I realize that it's low but it's not going to die or anything. Honestly the most annoying part of the game IMO.
The 3D directions in Lumiose are pretty freaking annoying too...I notice it the most when I'm on my bike, but it's rather irritating. One might go so far as to say it's irksome.
It's a minor nitpick, but it annoys me that the Friend Safaris are just tiny patches of grass. At least something similar to Pal Park in Gen 4 would be nice, perhaps we'll see a change if Friend Safaris return to ORAS.
Only being able to find Mega Stones at a certain time of day is pretty ridiculous too, as has been mentioned...also Diantha, the E4, and Gym Leaders not having in-battle 3D models bothers me as well (They don't, yet every Team Flare grunt ever has one. Just wrong). I get that it's probably lots of work, but still...it'd be nice.
Let's see... We have the male grunt, the female grunt, the male admin, the female admin, and the scientist girls who I swear got more than one each. The only Team Flare member worth having a 3D battle model is Lysandre due to being the leader. The rest could have been left as 2D artwork so the gym leaders and Elite Four + Diantha could have one. So far though it seems like ORAS won't even have the Magma/Aqua grunts or admins with 3D battle models. Or hell, have all of the trainers in the game just have 2D artwork for consistency sake if they can't be arsed to give the special treatment to the characters that are supposed to be the milestones of your journey...

Speaking of, why bother with a full 2D artwork picture of a given opponent when it's only shown for half a freaking second before going for the close-up?! Why couldn't they either just have the close-up picture or just the full body shot? Maybe some of us want to have a good long look at Wikstrom's fancy armor, or the mysteriousness of Olympia's cape? It's not game breaking, but it gets to me just enough to put it here.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but one thing that I've hated from gen 6 since day one is when it's raining in a route and you can't EV train because of it. I agree with your first point about male pokemon not passing down their pokeball. Hopefully GF does something about that for ORAS... hopefully.

Let's see... We have the male grunt, the female grunt, the male admin, the female admin, and the scientist girls who I swear got more than one each. The only Team Flare member worth having a 3D battle model is Lysandre due to being the leader. The rest could have been left as 2D artwork so the gym leaders and Elite Four + Diantha could have one. So far though it seems like ORAS won't even have the Magma/Aqua grunts or admins with 3D battle models. Or hell, have all of the trainers in the game just have 2D artwork for consistency sake if they can't be arsed to give the special treatment to the characters that are supposed to be the milestones of your journey...
Maxie and Archie have been shown to have 3D models, so...

Maxie and Archie have been shown to have 3D models, so...
I was only specifically referring to the grunts and admins with that statement, not Maxie and Archie. Sorry if I wasn't completely clear on that. (or am I being unclear with what you mean with your response? Bah, probably best to just drop it now and not drag the thread down)

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but one thing that I've hated from gen 6 since day one is when it's raining in a route and you can't EV train because of it. I agree with your first point about male pokemon not passing down their pokeball. Hopefully GF does something about that for ORAS... hopefully.
Urgh, I knew that there was something annoying that I was forgeting! :/

I've actually had to change training routes in order to escape that figging drizzle. I used to used Murkrows outside Lavarre to train Speed but I've unwillingly migrated to killing Wingulls outside Shalour.

(At least rain helps you get a Goodra? Yay?)
(And I'm 80% sure that use can still use Honey when it rains to get your hoardes. Male Combees are finally good for something)

Speaking of, why bother with a full 2D artwork picture of a given opponent when it's only shown for half a freaking second before going for the close-up?! Why couldn't they either just have the close-up picture or just the full body shot? Maybe some of us want to have a good long look at Wikstrom's fancy armor, or the mysteriousness of Olympia's cape? It's not game breaking, but it gets to me just enough to put it here.
Is it wrong of me to hate all 3D features in Gen 6? They just make my eyes go wonky after two seconds of exposure...

The camera in Lumiose is the bane of me.
Frame-rate drops in double battles and hordes bother me more than I think they should....
I still think IV's shouldn't be fixed at whatever number they are generated at. You should be able to train up your low-IV pokemon to become stronger. Isn't that what the game is supposed to be about?

The camera in Lumiose is the bane of me.
Frame-rate drops in double battles and hordes bother me more than I think they should....
I still think IV's shouldn't be fixed at whatever number they are generated at. You should be able to train up your low-IV pokemon to become stronger. Isn't that what the game is supposed to be about?
No, no, no no ,no.

Only people who are willing to learn how to breed/ put in time and effort should be able to get great IVs.

I will NOT have my 31/0/31/31/31/0 breeds undermined. :/

I had to learn how RNG 0 Attack, 0 Speed Dittos for them.
I had to hatch hundreds of eggs (5000 plus, if you must know)

If I learned to do that, everyone else should jolly well do the same.

I refuse to have some noob with random IV pokemon having the option to just grind away.

(Why yes, I am prud of my breeds/obsessively attached to the IV system)

-Sometimes the overworld feels huge...
-sry but too many rivals. I found shauna(she was caring) and trevor interesting.
-Some moves like flamethrower were nerfed
it's NO WAY a bad game though
Finally, someone else who agrees that one rival is enough! :)

Shauna was so usless it hurt to listen to her. Well, to read, but you know what I mean.

Urgh, I knew that there was something annoying that I was forgeting! :/

I've actually had to change training routes in order to escape that figging drizzle. I used to used Murkrows outside Lavarre to train Speed but I've unwillingly migrated to killing Wingulls outside Shalour.

(At least rain helps you get a Goodra? Yay?)
(And I'm 80% sure that use can still use Honey when it rains to get your hoardes. Male Combees are finally good for something)

Is it wrong of me to hate all 3D features in Gen 6? They just make my eyes go wonky after two seconds of exposure...
Eh, that's not so bad. Route 14 and Route 19 are good places to train Attack thanks to Bellsprout and Ekans/Weepinbel and Arbok, but when both routes are pouring I find myself beating on the uncommon Cubchoo hordes inside Frost Cavern.

I leave the 3D slider all the way down. I pretty much found I didn't care much for it when I was playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - the first game I got with the 3DS. But I was referring to the 3D character models in the game itself and how what are supposed to be the important milestones on the journey, the gym leaders/Elite Four + Diantha, only get the 2D artwork just like that Youngster Joey cheap knock off who doesn't use a top-percentage Rattata you face near the beginning. And yet Team Flare gets at least nine unique 3D character models between the grunts, admins, the scientist girls, and Xerosic who I missed in my original post.

Eh, that's not so bad. Route 14 and Route 19 are good places to train Attack thanks to Bellsprout and Ekans/Weepinbel and Arbok, but when both routes are pouring I find myself beating on the uncommon Cubchoo hordes inside Frost Cavern.

I leave the 3D slider all the way down. I pretty much found I didn't care much for it when I was playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - the first game I got with the 3DS. But I was referring to the 3D character models in the game itself and how what are supposed to be the important milestones on the journey, the gym leaders/Elite Four + Diantha, only get the 2D artwork just like that Youngster Joey cheap knock off who doesn't use a top-percentage Rattata you face near the beginning. And yet Team Flare gets at least nine unique 3D character models between the grunts, admins, the scientist girls, and Xerosic who I missed in my original post.
Team Flare are important though! They are trying to take over the world, which is more than that useless woman Diantha ever did....
(She didn't even help you save Kalos, for God's sake...)

(I knew what you were talking about- I just saw the word 3D and felt the need to rage about something sort of related. Which really wasn't)

That's such a nice thread you have there *cough cough* I wonder how I found it :'D

Anyways, there's one pretty common thing that kinda annoys me, which is the fact that you can't remove hats. I mean, it's clearly not impossible, if you look at your rival, so why can't you do it on your character? D:
Very late reply, I know, but I think the reason they do this is to differentiate the rival from someone playing as them.
Bit of a shallow reason, could have done something else... but that's my theory.

Very late reply, I know, but I think the reason they do this is to differentiate the rival from someone playing as them.
Bit of a shallow reason, could have done something else... but that's my theory.
But .. when do you really need to differentiate that? D: I mean it's not like your rival is ever going to connect to wi-fi and go online. And in the previous gens there wasn't a difference either, was there? o:

But .. when do you really need to differentiate that? D: I mean it's not like your rival is ever going to connect to wi-fi and go online. And in the previous gens there wasn't a difference either, was there? o:
I'd assume it'd be considered more important with character cusromization now. I dunno man; it's the only thing I can think of.

I now know why you have that avatar:)
On another note, some moves' animations annoy me too

I now know why you have that avatar:)
On another note, some moves' animations annoy me too
I get annoyed at the lack of the Pokemon doing an attack animation for certain moves. Which would be cooler: Chesnaught doing nothing when using Wood Hammer, (aside from the turning crap of the move itself) or doing its shoulder charge for most of its other physical moves?

No, no, no no ,no.

Only people who are willing to learn how to breed/ put in time and effort should be able to get great IVs.

I will NOT have my 31/0/31/31/31/0 breeds undermined. :/

I had to learn how RNG 0 Attack, 0 Speed Dittos for them.
I had to hatch hundreds of eggs (5000 plus, if you must know)

If I learned to do that, everyone else should jolly well do the same.

I refuse to have some noob with random IV pokemon having the option to just grind away.

(Why yes, I am prud of my breeds/obsessively attached to the IV system)
I just want my pokemon from older games to not be useless. My old blastoise from Fire red has 0 sp. attack. Is it so bad that I want her to be better? :(
I'm not saying it should be easy. There should be a tricky way to train up IVs. It will be hard and take time to learn to do, just like breeding, but it would be worth it for those select few pokemon that you love to bits, right?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kalos = France = Berets = Hats = WE MUST ALL WEAR HATS IN KALOS

(Not to mention that berets look niiiiiice)

Welcome to Team Forretress 2.

Edit so this isn't just a one-liner.

I agree that Battle Spot not having a 6v6 options is really annoying, but understandable. 6v6 matches tend to take awhile when the animations are on (we're spoiled with Showdown!) and it's the format where stall (which GF hates) thrives in.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)