XY NU NU Beasts

This team is by no means perfect but, it can handle most things in the NU tier but there are quite a few things that the team can't handle and that is the reason I am posting it here for advice on this team from people who know the tier best so let us get into the team

This team is build to be a balanced offensive team but I would say it falls some where between that and hyper offensive more balanced in my opinion the wall core of tanglea, togetic, and seimitoad perform their jobs wonderfully walling in combination quite a few of the threats. In the experience that I have had tanglea doesn't get ohko'ed by any physical attackers without boosts of a fire attack which seimitoad handles those, togetic handles most any special attackers but has a lot of stress put on it from do so. The attackers of the group are primeape, magmortar, and gurdurr which work well together breaking wall and breaking weakened teams from trying to take hits from them

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

The classic scarf Primeape is a solid scarf pokemon it needs the speed from the scarf and it still has plenty of power to handle breaking through weakened teams and the end game. It has defiant because of defog you predict the defog and switch in and get a massive attack boost and with the scarf you can take out and hit everything hard if you don't actually kill in two hits besides ghosts. Standard move set to handle and cover everything. Jolly gives you a little boost of speeds to creep on the modest scarfers.

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Magmortar is here do drop bombs with modest expert belt you can bluff the specs./ scarf and still giving you a boost in power. Vital spirit is the ability of my choice and I feel many others, meaning you can switch into sleep moves and not fall asleep like the lazy bum slaking. Thunderbolt, psychic, and focus blast give you great coverage for things like mantine, also it can force physical walls like weezing to switch putting a massive dent into anything that switches in on the move.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

Gurdurr is a pseudo wall for hits but it has a massive amount of power it takes hits really well and with two bulk ups you can smash hole in things with recovery in drain punch and having mach punch to finish off things that live by a thread. Knock off lets it handle ghost types and allows you to catch psychic types when they switch in predicting the fighting move. Guts lets you really get the most out of gurdurr when it gets burned or poisoned, with that and a couple of bulk ups allow you to sweep or cripple teams.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Seismitoad is a great physical wall taking on physical hits and setting up rocks very reliable fashion taking on the physical hits and possibly burning the physical attacker and also hit a switch in with a possible burn and weaken it. Earth power has great coverage and toxic aids in stalling out bulky walls that can't be taken out in two hits or less. This pokemon takes hits from physical fire attacks and also walls water types thanks to water absorb

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Togetic takes on the almost every special attacker in the meta game but has a lot of stress on it to perform it's job perfect and recover when low while staying alive and getting rid of rocks as well as healing the team from condition. This job is very tough for togetic mostly because of all the jobs that it has to perform on the team. Togetic is a very good wall taking only 30-45% from a hyper voice from pyroar depending on whether it is specs or not. Togetic is a vital member of the team allowing the field to be clear for the sweepers like magmortar and primeape to be able to take hits and support the team by removing burns for the physical attackers

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Tanglea is probably my favorite pokemon on this team because it doesn't die easily taking minimal damage from physical attacks that aren't super effective. It can also surprise you by living some super effective hits and allowing you to sleep a possible threat to your team. Leech seed allows you a form of recovery for the other team members though it's minimal at best. Sleep powder allow you to put things to sleep on the switch in and handle them later. Regenerator allows you to keep itself alive for much longer and wall physical attackers longer.

Hi there, this team has quite a few notable flaws. Your team is absurdly weak to any relavant flying type, with stuff like Rotom-S and Archeops putting in massive work against your team. Furthermore, you don't have a switch into any stronger psychic types such as Specs Mesprit, who 2HKO's every member on your team as long as Stealth Rock goes up, which is highly likely. On top of this, I feel that your team is relatively bulky and honestly doesn't appreciate the help of Primeape, who is not only weak offensively but also offers no help to support this team's defensive synergy. Furthermore, you have difficulty dealing with stronger fairy types such as BD or CM Slurpuff and need a way to check it. The last threat I see is Vileplume, who you literally get shitted on by. Vileplume literally wins if Magmortar goes down, you simply lose straight up as nothing you can do to it does more than 30%. This said, it does look like an interesting team.

The first thing I would do is to replace Tangela with Substitute Shift Gear Klinklang. With investment of 168 HP, +6 BD Puff never does 60-80% [similar to what it does to tangela], but it takes its Flamethrower much better, and more importantly also helps to check Flying types. It also gives your team a way to clean up late game which you currently lack, and just rounds off your synergy overall. It can setup against most Fairy and Flying types that currently cause your team trouble, and furthermore it sets up on Vileplume who is a major threat to your team, leaving it helpless as well offering you a second check outside of Mag.

The second change I would make is to replace Primeape with Offensive Spiritomb. As I stated, Primeape opens up weaknesses rather than helps to patch them in the case of your team, and really just hurts you. Spiritomb has respectable bulk, but more importantly has unique qualities that support your team both offensively and defensivley. By spreading burns, it gives your team far more livability, and with Infiltrator and a powerful Sucker Punch, it can revenge kill even the toughest of sweepers. Most importantly, it has pursuit and a great dark typing, allowing it to check stuff that threatens you like Psychic types.

Minor Changes:
Magmortar: You should honestly be running Mixed Magmortar with Earthquake, or else stuff like Lanturn and Dragalge completely wall you. You also are unable to significantly tough Seismitoad, which hurts as well. For this reason I reccomend you run the ebelt set of Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / Earthquake / Hidden Power [Grass], with 20 Atk / 236 SAtk / 252 Spd Rash, as it gives you the optimal coverage and wallbreaking power in the NU tier.
Seismitoad: I would reccomend running the ev spread of 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef since it allows you to live some random hits such as uninvested Cryo Freeze Dry or Dragalge Draco + Dragon Pulse. I would also reccomend running Earthquake > Earth Power, as that is your strongest uninvested STAB and hits much harder agianst stuff like Dragalge and Lanturn.
Togetic: Run 248 HP to minimize Stealth Rock Damage.

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Return
- Substitute

Spiritomb @ Dread Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak / Psychic / Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Slaking @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Yawn
- Brick Break
- Giga Impact

if you use this one. something dies*

* don’t call me stupid for doing this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)