(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

The GTS. I don't get why GameFreak let's people post Fletchlings for Diancies, when 1: No one would do that, and 2: You can't even trade it anyway, because it's special.

Also, that you can't trade "Special" Pokemon. Like they're all legends, who cares if it's a Dragon or a Hedgehog? Let me trade it >:3

The GTS. I don't get why GameFreak let's people post Fletchlings for Diancies, when 1: No one would do that, and 2: You can't even trade it anyway, because it's special.

Also, that you can't trade "Special" Pokemon. Like they're all legends, who cares if it's a Dragon or a Hedgehog? Let me trade it >:3
Well, on the plus side- if the GTS was usable, we wouldn't have our lovely Wi-Fi section of Smogon.

(I don't think that the GTS is the problem anyway, blame the 7 year olds who are obsessed with legends)

Welcome to Team Forretress 2.

Edit so this isn't just a one-liner.

I agree that Battle Spot not having a 6v6 options is really annoying, but understandable. 6v6 matches tend to take awhile when the animations are on (we're spoiled with Showdown!) and it's the format where stall (which GF hates) thrives in.
We're all playing 6v6 anyway, though. It should be easier for us to find a match, is all.

I find it a bit weird when people complain about the Battle Spot only allowing 3v3 battles because to me that's a whole different format. Team previewing 6 Pokemon and deciding which three you will take and predicting which three your opponent will take is a totally different ball game from 6v6.

Unless people are complaining that there's nowhere on the PSS to simply ask for a 6v6 battle other than that dumb 'invite people to a battle' feature, which only your friends and acquaintances can see anyway, so what's the point - then I totally agree.

I find it a bit weird when people complain about the Battle Spot only allowing 3v3 battles because to me that's a whole different format. Team previewing 6 Pokemon and deciding which three you will take and predicting which three your opponent will take is a totally different ball game from 6v6.

Unless people are complaining that there's nowhere on the PSS to simply ask for a 6v6 battle other than that dumb 'invite people to a battle' feature, which only your friends and acquaintances can see anyway, so what's the point - then I totally agree.
We're not saying GF should remove 3v3, just to add 6v6 as a separate option. I mean there is fricken Rotation Battles on Battle Spot.

We're not saying GF should remove 3v3, just to add 6v6 as a separate option. I mean there is fricken Rotation Battles on Battle Spot.
As fun as a 6 v 6 option would be, may I introduce the complainers to this link right here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battle-requests.290/
  • Actually battle with Smogon rules, and avoid retards spamming Double Team.
  • Not just OU- Ubers, RU and the other metas you never play are included.

As fun as a 6 v 6 option would be, may I introduce the complainers to this link right here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battle-requests.290/
  • Actually battle with Smogon rules, and avoid retards spamming Double Team.
  • Not just OU- Ubers, RU and the other metas you never play are included.
The issue with that is you need Friend Codes, and I'm sure a good deal of us are near or at friend code capacity (a mere 100), and would rather keep battling until we get bored instead of going through FCs, delete the done ones, and repeat

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I wouldn't mind seeing Minimize and Double Team being banned from Battle Spot or outright removed from the game, but I'm just bitchy

Also an ingame 6v6 ladder would be dumb, it's a lot easier to just try to stall out the timer when there are six Pokemon as opposed to 3

I wouldn't mind seeing Minimize and Double Team being banned from Battle Spot or outright removed from the game, but I'm just bitchy

Also an ingame 6v6 ladder would be dumb, it's a lot easier to just try to stall out the timer when there are six Pokemon as opposed to 3
If by bitchy, you mean sensible and trying to keep the game fun and hex free, yes- you are being bitchy! :)

(Would anyone else love to see a Sleep Clause outside of Smogon? I was feeling bitchy about that for a while...)

Minimise and sleep can be annoying but I'll suck it up. Workarounds exist. It's OHKO moves that I would like to get rid of. Really, what is the point of their existence?

I don't have the patience, free friend spots or even connectivity necessarily to organise 6v6 via Smogon. And it shouldn't be necessary anyway to use a third party website just to play what the game has been designed to play. I just want to have a reliable way to play it in-game without having to spend 20 minutes fruitlessly challenging people first. It's ridiculous.

I just don't like the idea of megas. I have a couple reasons.

A. Some pokemon with megas were already pretty popular. Lucario, Gyarados, Blaziken, the classic starters (freakin Charizard got two). Aren't you glad your everyones favorite pokemon just got better? Lets also lump in pokemon already fairly strong, Tyranitar, Gengar, Alakazam, Mewtwo (why him? and 2 more?) and most of those in the already popular list. Butterfree still sucks in an age where Absol is fun to use. Lapras is an HM slave compared to Aerodactyl now. Oh Sableye is getting a mega soon? Did you forget about Kriketune, Vileplume and Raticate?

B. Some of the pokemon just needed an evolution. Aggron is in his final stage but still isn't all that great, OK lets give him a stone and he's a lot better. What about Bannette, he can still have an evolution. Houndoom has one more evolution left, too bad it gets a mega stone ending its line there. Mawile, you didn't even try to expand its line. No baby form, no trade item, no secret move, they probably would have used the same design anyways.

C. Some megas either make the pokemon ridiculously powerful or don't do enough. I'm going to have to go into competative play because the in game trainers don't know how to play against you either way. Kangaskhan isn't doing too well and is in the low tiers, lets give it a mega stone giving it a unique ability aaand it's in ubers, no one can use it now... Well how about Banette, it could use a boost, too bad it's still very low. Mawile on its own just sucks so if we give it a boost OU STAPLE, +12%usage, banned from all other tiers, that was quite a leap. This leads into my next problem...

D. Just how the stones are treated in competitive play. A lot of megas are used entirely over their non-mega forms. After all what are the downsides? You can only mega one pokemon per team, only a couple pokemon have stones (much less if you consider which ones are viable in your tier), and you have to actually find that pokemon and raise it then give it the stone. No one uses regular Venasaur but his mega is on 98% of them, guess we have to ban all of Venusaur from UU. It's not Venusaur that's broken, it's that one item and the new pokemon it makes only with Venusaur. The only way to keep a pokemon in a lower tier is if its megastone is banned in OU (Blaziken, Kangaskhan, Gengar) or it doesn't qualify for that tier and is BL (Heracross, Alakazam). I feel mega stones make a pokemon into something completely different: more stats, a new ability, 75% of the time it is an improvement, but then you can't use the non mega version.

Sorry I'm using competitive play as an example but thats partly why I don't like the idea of megas: they're given to already good pokemon, some could have still evolved normally, some do nothing or completely change the pokemon, and smogon feels it needs to ban certain pokemon based on one way (the only way now) of using a pokemon. I'd hope they don't get in the next generation but after all the work put into them and the Hoenn remake I think they're going to stay.

I just don't like the idea of megas. I have a couple reasons.

A. Some pokemon with megas were already pretty popular. Lucario, Gyarados, Blaziken, the classic starters (freakin Charizard got two). Aren't you glad your everyones favorite pokemon just got better? Lets also lump in pokemon already fairly strong, Tyranitar, Gengar, Alakazam, Mewtwo (why him? and 2 more?) and most of those in the already popular list. Butterfree still sucks in an age where Absol is fun to use. Lapras is an HM slave compared to Aerodactyl now. Oh Sableye is getting a mega soon? Did you forget about Kriketune, Vileplume and Raticate?

B. Some of the pokemon just needed an evolution. Aggron is in his final stage but still isn't all that great, OK lets give him a stone and he's a lot better. What about Bannette, he can still have an evolution. Houndoom has one more evolution left, too bad it gets a mega stone ending its line there. Mawile, you didn't even try to expand its line. No baby form, no trade item, no secret move, they probably would have used the same design anyways.

C. Some megas either make the pokemon ridiculously powerful or don't do enough. I'm going to have to go into competative play because the in game trainers don't know how to play against you either way. Kangaskhan isn't doing too well and is in the low tiers, lets give it a mega stone giving it a unique ability aaand it's in ubers, no one can use it now... Well how about Banette, it could use a boost, too bad it's still very low. Mawile on its own just sucks so if we give it a boost OU STAPLE, +12%usage, banned from all other tiers, that was quite a leap. This leads into my next problem...

D. Just how the stones are treated in competitive play. A lot of megas are used entirely over their non-mega forms. After all what are the downsides? You can only mega one pokemon per team, only a couple pokemon have stones (much less if you consider which ones are viable in your tier), and you have to actually find that pokemon and raise it then give it the stone. No one uses regular Venasaur but his mega is on 98% of them, guess we have to ban all of Venusaur from UU. It's not Venusaur that's broken, it's that one item and the new pokemon it makes only with Venusaur. The only way to keep a pokemon in a lower tier is if its megastone is banned in OU (Blaziken, Kangaskhan, Gengar) or it doesn't qualify for that tier and is BL (Heracross, Alakazam). I feel mega stones make a pokemon into something completely different: more stats, a new ability, 75% of the time it is an improvement, but then you can't use the non mega version.

Sorry I'm using competitive play as an example but thats partly why I don't like the idea of megas: they're given to already good pokemon, some could have still evolved normally, some do nothing or completely change the pokemon, and smogon feels it needs to ban certain pokemon based on one way (the only way now) of using a pokemon. I'd hope they don't get in the next generation but after all the work put into them and the Hoenn remake I think they're going to stay.
I agree with all your well thought out/explained reasons.

Here's my gripe with megas:
  • They make X and Y feel like I'm playing a really cheap Digimon rip-off. Digivolve, I mean Mega Evolve Charizard!

I'm also unconvinced that megas improved things. I don't have your hate for them, but on balance I'd still rather that they hadn't been created.

I agree with all your well thought out/explained reasons.

Here's my gripe with megas:
  • They make X and Y feel like I'm playing a really cheap Digimon rip-off. Digivolve, I mean Mega Evolve Charizard!
Hey, digimon is awesome! It has had some really awesome and under rated games, one of which is a better (yet again under rated) version of supersmash brothers for the N64.
It has actually had about 18x more deadly badass gods of doom than pokemon has. Lords of time and space? Lol digimon has a being which CAN REWIND TIME to hit you and then rewind time again, to punch you again and again, because of this, all it has to do is hit you ONCE and you could have been beaten to death and you would not know it, as the punches all take place at the exact same time.
Just read the first paragraph.
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Alphamon

But really, these were mostly badass pokemon that got loved by fans, so GF pulled something out of their ass to make them even more badass, simple.

PokeRadar. In gen 4, this was an interesting way to find Pokemon in routes not normally native to Sinnoh and thus fill out a good chunk of the national Dex without needing to migrate from the gen 3 games, as well as a neat way to potentially find shiny Pokemon through chains. In gen 6 however... No new Pokemon in routes to discover, and now has a thousand and one ways for your chain to be broken which also makes it very restrictive as to what patches of grass in any route are actually useable. I can understand not wanting to cram any more Pokemon to find with it in the grass, but its annoying that the slightest slip up will break your chain if it doesn't just break on its own for seemingly no apparent reason.

Not necessarily a Gen VI thing:

I don't like the handling of the ingame menus at times. I hate switching between Touch Screen and Circle Pad like in the WiFi Features... one should be able to use the Circle Pad+Buttons all the time. Touch Pad should be only for Minigames and stuff and completely optional.

and I don't like being asked the same things twice. "Hey do you want to use this feature? Okay save your game. Now: do you REALLY want to use this feature?" - uh, I'd love to see things like this fixed in future. Thanks god we got rid of "there is already a save file"-nonsense.

Not necessarily a Gen VI thing:

I don't like the handling of the ingame menus at times. I hate switching between Touch Screen and Circle Pad like in the WiFi Features... one should be able to use the Circle Pad+Buttons all the time. Touch Pad should be only for Minigames and stuff and completely optional.

and I don't like being asked the same things twice. "Hey do you want to use this feature? Okay save your game. Now: do you REALLY want to use this feature?" - uh, I'd love to see things like this fixed in future. Thanks god we got rid of "there is already a save file"-nonsense.
Do you wish to trade _ for _? Waiting for _'s decision. Trade _ for _?

Seriously. I confirmed I wanted to trade the blasted thing, and the other guy wants it, so why do I have to confirm again if I want to trade it? Also, when I want to disconnect from the internet, you don't have to ask if I want to when I hit the button.

Hey, digimon is awesome! It has had some really awesome and under rated games, one of which is a better (yet again under rated) version of supersmash brothers for the N64.
It has actually had about 18x more deadly badass gods of doom than pokemon has. Lords of time and space? Lol digimon has a being which CAN REWIND TIME to hit you and then rewind time again, to punch you again and again, because of this, all it has to do is hit you ONCE and you could have been beaten to death and you would not know it, as the punches all take place at the exact same time.
Just read the first paragraph.

But really, these were mostly badass pokemon that got loved by fans, so GF pulled something out of their ass to make them even more badass, simple.
Sigh, I wasn't ranting about the fact that I hate Digimon (which I do) - I was calling Nintendo out for their blatant plagiarism.

One thing i don't like about gen 6 is how I find Wonder Trade more useful then GTS.
In my humble opinion, they both suck.

Though I think that the GTS actually has a use- filling up your pokedex. Just put up a semi rare poke non (version exclusive/starter) and ask for dex filler.

Sigh, I wasn't ranting about the fact I hate Digimon - I was calling Nintendo out for their blatant plagiarism.

In my humble opinion, they both suck.

Though I think that the GTS actually has a use- filling up your pokedex. Just put up a semi rare poke non (version exclusive/starter) and ask for dex filler.
Actually in most digimon games the evolution was permanent, and not battle only unless you met the requirements to devolve. It was mostly battle only in the anmie.
And wonder trade is a bit mean, with it robbing little kids of their awesome pokemon such as their legendary pokemon hopin to get something equally awesome but instead they get crap. :/

The 10 second delay between hatching an egg and getting to name it, I mean is it really that big of a surprise that you got a magnimite from breeding a magnimite and a ditto that you have to be stunned for TEN SECONDS EACH EGG, before you can name it?

This is really bad when you're tried as hell and just want to see if this batch of magnimites was worth it or not.

Look, uh... why's everyone jumping on the "MEGA EVOLUTION RIPPED OFF DIGIMON" bandwagon? Temporarily changing into a more powerful form is NOT Digimon's innovation, guys - it's a very common thing in many Anime, Manga and Japanese Games. Dragon Ball Z, Sonic the Hedgehog... there's a ton of examples. Digimon really wasn't the first to do this.

Look, uh... why's everyone jumping on the "MEGA EVOLUTION RIPPED OFF DIGIMON" bandwagon? Temporarily changing into a more powerful form is NOT Digimon's innovation, guys - it's a very common thing in many Anime, Manga and Japanese Games. Dragon Ball Z, Sonic the Hedgehog... there's a ton of examples. Digimon really wasn't the first to do this.
"But digimon also has the mon suffix in its name, PLAGIARISM!"

Sure, sure: no copyright infringements took place <cough cough>

And sure, the concept of temporary evolution has been used but what about the blasted name?
Mega forms/mega evolution. Ring any bells?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)