XY OU The Wrath of Professor Chaos! (A South Park themed Mega Pinsir Team)

Hello guys, this is my first thread on Smogon, so i figured I would make it interesting; a team built around one my favorite Mega Evoultions, Mega Pinsir, and a team built around my favorite TV Show, South Park! Like Butters, he was an outcast, as he was outclassed by his arch nemesis Heracross until the 6th gen finally gave him the Pinsirite, which turned him into one of the games most terrifying sweepers with the right support! Well here's my team, and I appreciate all the feedback as I am a newbie to this forum! :P

Pinsir (Professor Chaos) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake

Here's the main piece of my team. With one Swords dance and Quick Attack stab with Aerliate, he can easily pick off many fast threats such as Greninja and Gengar, while doing heavy damage to threats like the annoying Heatran and mega Venusaur defensive core. Why would you run Mold Breaker over Hyper Cutter, you may ask? I prefer Mold Breaker as it can pick off annoying threats like Rotom-W that like to switch in, which can completely change the tide of the match.

Clefable (Wendy) Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Ah, another Pokemon that rose from the shadows with its new Fairy Typing. Moonblast and Flamethrower are used to deal with threats such as Aegislash (please get banned :) ), Charizard X, and Choice Locked Garchomp. I prefer to use Life Orb over leftovers, as it can tank physical hits easily, and just use Soft-Boiled to recover (After all, Clefable is immune to Hail/Stealth Rock/Sand). Calm Mind is used to increase its bulk even more and to deal devastating blows.

Heatran (Cartman) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Ah, one of my favorite defensive walls of all time, Heatran. The reason for him on my team is to take care of Talonflame, which is one of my teams biggest threats. I run Will-O-Wisp over Toxic to pick off attackers that switch in such as Azumarill and Garchomp. He is also my hazards setter, and I run Roar to phaze my opponent. Lava plume is used to switch in to Fire attacks that threaten my Pinsir and take advantage of the free boost.

Conkeldurr (Jimmy) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

The 6th gen blessed Conkeldurr with Assault Vest, which negated its lackluster special defense. Knock Off is used to pick off switch ins (Aegislash, Gengar, Alakazam) . Drain Punch is to make up for his poor speed and is used to hit the opponent hard and absorb some health. Ice Punch is used to take out threats such as Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landrous, whereas Mach Punch is used to take care of frail Pokemon (Weavile, Greninja)

Excadrill (Kenny) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Oh my God, they killed Kenny! Excadrill plays a few key roles for this team. It is my hard Fairy Counter to common threats such as Slyveon and normal Gardevoir, as it easily OKOes them with Iron Head. The main reason he is on my team is to take care of Stealth Rock, as Mega Pinsir is easily worn down if rocks are up. Rock Slide and Earthquake are used for coverage.

Rotom-Wash (Stan) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

One of my favorite sets to run on Rotom-W. His role on the team is to take care of my team's water weakness (only resistance) and to take care of leads with Trick and get a free switch with Volt Switch. Will-O-Wisp is to take care of physical threats that threaten my team (you know who you are Aegislash).

Well there you have it guys, this is my first team posted! I appreciate all the feedback, and I hope to get the full potential out of my team! Thanks for reading!

Replays (more to come)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146491684
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146494756 (Mega Pinsir goes off)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146497877
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146501780
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146504280
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146792693 (Clean up)

Last edited:
The team is currently 10-0 and is currently has a rating of 1300+. However, I forgot to record the battles :/
But any advice on making my team better?

Hey there, nice team ^^

Rotom does not really need that much speed, a modest nature would suit him better, as it would make greater damaged, ev him to hit 253 (out speeding greninja w/scarf) and put the rest into hp.

As for excadrill, if you need a fairy-check, a scarf excadrill would be better, as it can check mega gardevoir.

Other than that, your team already seems solid, but really, what are the evs on conk for?

Hey there, nice team ^^

Rotom does not really need that much speed, a modest nature would suit him better, as it would make greater damaged, ev him to hit 253 (out speeding greninja w/scarf) and put the rest into hp.

As for excadrill, if you need a fairy-check, a scarf excadrill would be better, as it can check mega gardevoir.

Other than that, your team already seems solid, but really, what are the evs on conk for?

I was debating on making Rotom-W bulkier, as I figured extra speed EVs were useless. I'm going to try that on Rotom now!

Excadrill, I will consider strapping on a scarf. However, running 2 scarfs on 1 team seems pretty risky, although the scarf can be used to take out a +1 Dragon Dance Gyrados (which threatens my team greatly)

And my apology for the Conk EVs, I will fix it (I copied the wrong code)

Thanks for the feedback! I am interested in making these changes!

Where did you get that Conkeldurr EV Spread from? I've been testing with a damage calculator, wary of Stealth Rock, and so far I found a marginally better spread at Lv100 when a variety of Physical and Special Attacks are used on Conkeldurr, without changing the total EVs allocated for defending and attacking.
188 HP / 152 Atk / 48 Def / 120 SpD (mine)
108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD (original)

I have like, Mathematical reason to believe it can be tweaked more, but oh goody you just posted you'll fix it. I'll leave this here till then.

However I prefer the standard spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD because Drain Punch which goes off Atk gives health.

Kacey
Where did you get that Conkeldurr EV Spread from? I've been testing with a damage calculator, wary of Stealth Rock, and so far I found a marginally better spread at Lv100 when a variety of Physical and Special Attacks are used on Conkeldurr, without changing the total EVs allocated for defending and attacking.
188 HP / 152 Atk / 48 Def / 120 SpD (mine)
108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD (original)

I have like, Mathematical reason to believe it can be tweaked more, but oh goody you just posted you'll fix it. I'll leave this here till then.

However I prefer the standard spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD because Drain Punch which goes off Atk gives health.

Yeah my bad, I copied the wrong set. I fixed it right when you replied xP
But I might try the spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

I was debating on making Rotom-W bulkier, as I figured extra speed EVs were useless. I'm going to try that on Rotom now!

Excadrill, I will consider strapping on a scarf. However, running 2 scarfs on 1 team seems pretty risky, although the scarf can be used to take out a +1 Dragon Dance Gyrados (which threatens my team greatly)

And my apology for the Conk EVs, I will fix it (I copied the wrong code)

Thanks for the feedback! I am interested in making these changes!
Running 2 scarfers is a bid risky, but with rotom often tricking off its scarf will leave your entire team slower than anything with 106+ speed, but I guess it haven't really brought any problems with the overall bulk of the team, so air balloon might actually be better ^^

I am going to try out Scarf Excadrill later. After all, running around with 405 attack (not to mention STAB Earthquake) and over 400 speed is nothing to mess around with. I also have plenty of options to switch in while its Choice locked, as my team is very bulky (not you Pinsir) And does my team REALLY need a Ghost Resistance? The only ghost type that is actually hard to deal with is Aegislash, even though my team handles it very well and it might even be banned soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)