XY UU The New Kids on the Block!

Hello everyone! I'm here to post my UU team I'm constantly building. It's been awhile since I last played UU so it's good to be back playing with this tier. I just need to know if there are any improvements to the team.

Anyways, here they are!

El Birdo - Hawlucha
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 238 Spe
Ability: Unburden
Held Item: Power Herb
Hi-Jump Kick
Sky Attack
Acrobatics
Swords Dance

The first team member is El Birdo, one of the awesome looking Pokémon we've seen. This Pokémon focuses on physically sweeping opponents with all his might.
Hi-Jump Kick is a double-edged sword move which can either hit hard or let El Birdo suffer big recoil damage. I must be careful not to focus on the move too much or it could cost me the whole battle.
Sky Attack is best used once with the item, Power Herb. When Power Herb is used, the Pokémon would be very fast thanks to Unburden and the power of Acrobatics would increase.
Swords Dance boosts up El Birdo's power which is important if he wants to cause big dents to opponents.

El Birdo does have drawbacks when out on the battlefield. Electric, Fairy and bulky Flying types can totally pulverize him without worry. When any of those threats are out, I have to switch to another Pokémon that is capable of handling them. Ghost types are also concern because of Hi-Jump Kick. This is why I usually predict if a Pokémon with that type comes in or not.

Lava Koopa - Torkoal
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/x
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp. Def
Ability: White Smoke
Held Item: Rocky Helmet
Lava Plume
Stealth Rock
Yawn
Rapid Spin

Ah, Torkoal. I feel sorry for this Pokémon because it's so left out by Pokémon Trainers. I can guarantee you that the Pokémon is a great supporter for this team with it's bulky physical Defense and entry hazard uses.
Lava Plume is definitely a must since it melts Grass, Steel and Ice type Pokémon. Plus, it can burn opponents if it happens.
To gain the advantage over my opponent, Lava Koopa has Stealth Rock which sets up entry hazards and do additional damage to Pokémon. As we all know, this move's very useful for all of us.
Yawn is a good move to have to stop sweepers in their tracks because the opposing Pokémon has to either be switched or take a nap!
If there are any entry hazards on my side. Lava Koopa's Rapid Spin will blow them away.
White Smoke is there to prevent Lava Koopa's stats from being lowered.

Since Lava Koopa is good as a physical supporter, special attackers would be a problem for him. Not only that, Water, Ground and Rock types along with those that carry Taunt will completely demolish him! I definitely must be careful when those threats are around.

Dragalge
Nature: Calm
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EV's: 252 HP / 44 Def / 216 Sp. Def
Ability: Poison Point
Held Item: Black Sludge
Sludge Wave
Dragon Tail
Scald
Toxic Spikes

Meet the specially defensive supporter, Dragalge! I can say this Pokémon is a good companion for Lava Koopa as there has to be someone capable of handling special attacks. Don't let his appearance fool you because it would get opposing Pokémon under pressure!
Sludge Wave is Dragalge's main move which sends poison to opponents that are not considered a Steel type. I chose Sludge Wave because it has more power than Sludge Bomb.
Baton Passers, look out! Dragon Tail stops Pokémon from setting up and cause major problems to my team if it hits. Plus, if Toxic Spikes is on the field, the Pokémon that are not Steel, Poison or Flying or have Levitate get badly poisoned!
Scald is there for more type coverage and cause burns to my foes. Pretty handy move if you ask me.
Lastly, Toxic Spikes is why I chose Dragalge. As mentioned earlier, Toxic Spikes is there to have my team gain the upper hand. Stealth Rock + Toxic Spikes = Big problems to opponents!
Poison Point is a pretty handy ability to poison opponents if they physically attack Dragalge because some fish can be considered poisonous if touched.

I musn't be too cocky however as there are threats that Dragalge will have trouble with. Psychic, Ground and opposing Dragon types would be his downfall big time. There are also certain Pokémon mentioned above that are immune to Toxic Spikes and completely get rid of them. Take Muk for example. Muk would just laugh at Dragalge right in the face. Speaking of Muk...

Doctor Emcee - Reuniclus
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/x
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 Sp. Atk
Ability: Magic Guard
Held Item: Life Orb
Psychic
Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
Calm Mind
Recover

This Pokémon might be slow but it's no joke. Doctor Emcee can leave big dents on opponents with his special attacks thanks to Calm Mind and Life Orb. Whoever said knowledge is not power at all?
Psychic is this Pokémon's main move. Since Psychic has the STAB bonus and can lower the Sp. Defense of opponents, there's not really much to explain for this move.
The second option could either be Shadow Ball for Ghost and Psychic types or Focus Blast for Steel, Rock, Normal and Ice types. Personally, I prefer Shadow Ball because it now does normal damage to Steel types and Focus Blast can miss sometimes.
Calm Mind is the main focus for this Pokémon since Doctor Emcee is a special sweeper. Be prepared when the Pokémon uses this move.
Since the Pokémon can handle hits pretty well, it has Recover to make him take even more hits and play the long game in battles.

Like any other Pokémon, there are threats that can counter Doctor Emcee. Dark, Bug and Ghost type Pokémon would be big trouble as they are super-effective against him and the Pokémon would need to take hits from opponents first before doing anything. Sleep, freeze and paralysis conditions are also a worry since Doctor Emcee is very slow.

Anty D - Durant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Ability: Hustle
Held Item: Choice Band
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Stone Edge
Crunch

I bet you weren't expecting Durant to be on here. Don't laugh at the size at this Pokémon as it can rrrrrrip things apart with it's mighty strength! No, seriously. With Choice Band and Hustle, this Pokémon slices and dices opponents to shreds!
X-Scissor is always one of Durant's most powerful STAB moves. Need I say more? The same goes to Iron Head except it can flinch opponents. Fairy types would need to think twice before facing this Pokémon.
As there can be Fire and Flying type Pokémon about, Stone Edge would be able to take care of them if it hits.
Since I'm breeding Durant's on X/Y, Crunch is the only option I think is good for this Pokémon. I think it's a suitable move since Durants do chew on anything. Psychic and Ghost types would mostly not be a concern for him/her.

The main downfall for Anty D however is the lowered accuracy because of Hustle. The Pokémon would have more chances to miss, causing the opponent to counter attack. I would go for Wide Lens but the moves wouldn't be as powerful. Also, any Fire types would completely burn Anty D to a pile of ash so it's best for me to switch immediately if I see any scorching attacks coming my way.

Umbreon
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 82 Sp. Def
Ability: Synchronize
Held Item: Leftovers
Foul Play
Wish
Heal Bell
Baton Pass

I don't know what Pokémon would fit perfectly as my last member so I chose Umbreon to try and balance the team. As I well know, Umbreon is a very, VERY good wall. I thought whatever moveset I can come up and I think a Wish Cleric user would fit well in here.

Foul Play would be Umbreon's main attacking move. Also, since there can be Pokémon that can set up their stats, this move's power increase.
Wish can help wonders for my Pokémon team as it can either restore Umbreon or another team member. Very useful for my Pokémon to keep them going.
Heal Bell is a great move to have to get out of tight situations as it gets rid of all status problems on my team. This includes paralysis on Reuniclus and a burn on Durant. I don't want my Pokémon to suffer from any problems. It works pretty well with the ability, Synchronize.
I'm not sure if this move would be reliable or not but Baton Pass. When Umbreon uses Wish, this move switches the effect to another Pokémon who is low on HP.

Now for the weaknesses of this Pokémon. Dark, Bug, Fighting and Fairy types can take this Pokémon easily. If any of them comes by, that would be my time to switch. The other thing to mention is Umbreon can be crippled very badly when taunted by the opponent. It's no good when Umbreon can't use it's Wish + Baton Pass combo.

So, that's my UU team I'm currently building at the moment. I'm quite certain it would do well but I need your opinions on this. Please let me know if there are any improvements that must be made here. This includes Pokémon that need to be replaced or EVs that must be modified.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!

I would say to keep Hawlucha reserved somewhere as it has yet to be retested so it might come back to UU [soon]. Also, Muk is ridiculously uncommon in UU so if you are going to discuss Pokemon that wall Dragalge pick another example. Blissey can wall its attacks until it gets phased out and Mega Aggron can flatten it with repeated Heavy Slams, with your only chance of getting rid of it being to switch out or gamble for a Scald burn.

I would say to keep Hawlucha reserved somewhere as it has yet to be retested so it might come back to UU [soon]. Also, Muk is ridiculously uncommon in UU so if you are going to discuss Pokemon that wall Dragalge pick another example. Blissey can wall its attacks until it gets phased out and Mega Aggron can flatten it with repeated Heavy Slams, with your only chance of getting rid of it being to switch out or gamble for a Scald burn.
I see. Thanks for the advice Explorer. I'll remember what to do when Blissey or Mega Aggron are around.

Scotti

we back.
I got your request, and I finally found out how to rate your team. With Hawlucha in borderline, I had to fine a suitable replacement. The pokemon I came up with is lucario (lucario>hawlucha). I didn't want to change the team too much, so I decided to replace hawlucha with a good and similar replacement. The bad thing about lucario is that it is relatively slow, but it makes that up in great priority moves. Mega Blastoise would fit a lot better than torkoal, because mega blastoise can not be spin blocked and helps a lot more against victini. Victini may carry bolt strike, but torkoal constantly takes hazard damage to spin, so he would have a harder time against victini. Ok so personally I think that Defesnive Amoonguss would be better over Dragalge. I was thinking that roserade might be better, but looking at your team it as a tough time against fighting types. The most notable fighting types that give your team trouble are Heracross, Life Orb Mienshao, and SD Lucario. Spore is also just a great move to have, and help against most opponents overall. When running calm mind reuniclus, you should run a defensive spread (248 / 252 def / 8 spe ) with leftovers. Its standard spread, but the 8 ev's in speed allow your to outspeed opposing reuniclus and calm mind slowbro. Now looking at your team the biggest threat is banded heracross, and your team is also relatively slow. The poke that can help the most is scarf chandelure. Scarf Chandelure is immune to close combat and takes less than 40% from banded mega horn. Chandelure also lures in bulky water, so you can weaken them with energy ball on predicted switch, allowing lucario to sweep easier. Scarf Chandelure > Durant. Finally, protect>baton pass. If you try to heal umbreon by wishing, you will lose it to attack after the wish. That is why you need protect, so you can heal safely.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
_

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
_

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
_

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Energy Ball

PS: If you have a problem against fairies, run bullet punch over crunch.

:]

I got your request, and I finally found out how to rate your team. With Hawlucha in borderline, I had to fine a suitable replacement. The pokemon I came up with is lucario (lucario>hawlucha). I didn't want to change the team too much, so I decided to replace hawlucha with a good and similar replacement. The bad thing about lucario is that it is relatively slow, but it makes that up in great priority moves. Mega Blastoise would fit a lot better than torkoal, because mega blastoise can not be spin blocked and helps a lot more against victini. Victini may carry bolt strike, but torkoal constantly takes hazard damage to spin, so he would have a harder time against victini. Ok so personally I think that Defesnive Amoonguss would be better over Dragalge. I was thinking that roserade might be better, but looking at your team it as a tough time against fighting types. The most notable fighting types that give your team trouble are Heracross, Life Orb Mienshao, and SD Lucario. Spore is also just a great move to have, and help against most opponents overall. When running calm mind reuniclus, you should run a defensive spread (248 / 252 def / 8 spe ) with leftovers. Its standard spread, but the 8 ev's in speed allow your to outspeed opposing reuniclus and calm mind slowbro. Now looking at your team the biggest threat is banded heracross, and your team is also relatively slow. The poke that can help the most is scarf chandelure. Scarf Chandelure is immune to close combat and takes less than 40% from banded mega horn. Chandelure also lures in bulky water, so you can weaken them with energy ball on predicted switch, allowing lucario to sweep easier. Scarf Chandelure > Durant. Finally, protect>baton pass. If you try to heal umbreon by wishing, you will lose it to attack after the wish. That is why you need protect, so you can heal safely.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
_

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
_

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
_

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Energy Ball

PS: If you have a problem against fairies, run bullet punch over crunch.

:]
Thank you very much Scotti! I now know what I have to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)