XY OU My Mega T-Tar

Hey guys, I'm just looking for a rating on my current team and little advise as to what could improve my current team. It has peaked me at 1639 in the ladder, and I'm sitting at 1618 right now. I just feel like it could be a tad better and I'm looking to see if a fresh pair of eyes could help me make it a little better. So without any further chitchat I'll post up the team:

Diablosaurus (Mega T-Tar)
Jolly
Sand Stream
252 ATK 252 SPEED 4HP
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge

This is one of my two sweepers and the center of my team, T-Tar is one of my favorite pokemon and I built this team specifically around him. He is a great late game sweeper and can also function as a wallbreaker in certain situations. I like to use him for the super easy setups, huge attack power and his usable speed. One DD is all it takes to outspeed most of the meta with the exception of scarfers and priority users, and also hits super hard.

Mighty Mouse (Azumarill)
Adamant
Huge Power
Sitrus Berry
92 HP 252 ATK 164 SPEED
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Superpower

So I use Azu to for a couple of things on the team. For one, anytime T-Tar gets taken out earlier than I like he tends to do a good job of cleaning up the mess left behind. He also can function as something to weaken the team and make way for T-Tar like a wallbreker would. I find he tends to be able to deal with a lot of the things T-Tar can't quite as well such as Keldeo, Landorus, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr or Excadrill. There is a downside of having to sacrifice health in order to get the maxed attack, so I have to make sure to keep him as healthy as possible before I set him up.

Skarmory
Impish
Sturdy
Rocky Helmet
252 HP 232 DEF 24 SPEED
Stealth Rocks
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

This is my rock setter along with my physical wall. He is able to switch into things that T-Tar is weak to like fighting type (not resistant but eats them fairly well) moves as well as bug, ground and fairy types. While on the other hand T-Tar can switch into fire and he can eat electric types if he needs to do it. Thought of using him as a defogger, but I like the option of whirlwind and I figured Latias could still be useful and fill the roll.

Latias
Timid
Levitate
Leftovers
252 SP. ATK 252 SPEED 4 HP
Draco Meteor
Defog
Psyshock
Surf

I decided to throw Latias in as my defogger in order to deal with fighting types and gave it surf to deal with Heatrans that try to come in against it. It also can switch in against a lot that my other mons are weak susceptible to like electric, fighting or water type moves. It helps T-Tar with a lot of his harder checks and counters like Keldeo, Breloom or Conkeldurr. It's also good to switch into ground type moves with Latias after Skarmory might be gone with levitate.

Chansey
Eviolite
Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP 252 DEF 4 SP. DEF
Aromatherapy
Soft Boiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss

This is my cleric, and lately I've been debating whether to switch to Sylveon because I open myself up to fighting types a little more than I'd like to overall. However, everytime I do she seems to get me out of a tight spot. I like the ability to be able to get rid of burns on my sweepers, as well as paralysis. It also helps in dealing with lot of special attackers it's team mates can't deal with very well, and I gave it a bit of the stall factor with toxic. I'm thinking of running Thunder Wave however in order to help T-Tar do a better job of handling faster pokes.

Gengar
Timid
Black Sludge
Levitate
252 SP. ATK 252 SPEED 4 HP
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Disable

I run Gengar as my lead and I use it as a support type to cripple pokes and soften them up for my sweepers. It also really provides great opportunities for scouting opponent's mons and see what moves, items etc. they are running. I find it works particularly well against just about everything in the meta except for a few things, and I think it's synergy with T-Tar is great, but I'm not the best judge of stuff like that.

Hope this is good. :) Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)