XY RU Go ant or go home

Introduction
Hey people this is me Durant with my third rate my team. This is an RU team with the main focus being Durant because I kind of really like Durant you know. This teams playstyle is a balanced team with some wallbreakers and defensive Pokemon to back them up. I really enjoyed using this team and played quite a few battles with it so here it is.

Teambuilding process

So right from the start I knew that I wanted to use Durant because it is a great Pokemon in RU and you know it's Durant and I like those. Durant beats up most stall teams and generally defensive teams by itself which is something I also really like about him in RU.

The Durant set I mainly use struggles a bit with Steel types which is why I chose Slowking. Slowking deals with most Steel types in the tier and also covers Durant his big Fire weakness which is helpful.

Gligar was choses for quite a few reasons. Slowking and Gligar have good synergy together as Gligar can take on Pokemon like Hitmonlee and opposing Durant while Slowking defeats Pokemon Gligar struggles against like Moltres. Gligar also provides hazard removal which is useful for Spikes stacking teams as they wear down Slowking and Durant quite a bit.

Rotom-Mow was choses as it is an exellent Choice Scarf Pokemon and easy to fit onto most teams. It also works really well against Sticky Web teams which was a thing back when I started making this team.

My team lacked a good Stealth Rock setter ( Stealth Rock on Gligar is stupid ) so I added in Druddigon. Druddigon also gave me a check to many otherwise dangerous Pokemon like Sharpedo, Jolteon, Zoroark and Cincinno. Druddigon also shares a pretty decent type synergy with Slowking and Gligar which provides me with a good defensive core.

Moltres was the last member of this team. Moltres was choses because it gave me a powerful wallbreaker that could just about break through any Pokemon bar Slowking, Lanturn and the almighty Magcargo. Some Pokemon that Durant struggles with like Doublade are also easily squashed by Moltres making Durant and Moltres a pretty good offensive core.

No real change of Pokemon here but more of a moveset update. I changed the EV spreads of some Pokemon like Slowking, Druddigon and Moltres to more specific spreads that are better. I decided to forgo Choice Scarf on Rotom-Mow in favor of Will-O-Wisp Rotom Mow with Leftovers and so far it has been doing great for me.

Major team update right here. I wanted to try out a Spikes stacking team since I heard is good and ultimately decided to scrap my old team in favor of a Spikes stacking one.

Qwilfish was chosen on this Spikes stacking team for a few reasons. It provided the best team synergy out of all the Spikes stacking Pokemon in RU and thanks to Intimidate it could come in multiple times per match and set up Spikes. Qwilfish also countered quite a few threats like Hitmonlee making it a useful member outside of just stacking Spikes.

I needed something to remove hazards on my own side because Druddigon and Qwilfish easily get worn down over time which is why I chose Cryogonal. Offensive Cryogonal is a good Rapid Spin user as it can get past every spinblocker out there and even Doublade has to fear Hidden Power Ground on a predicted switch.

So you may be thinking why the fuck is there a Lampent, however before you are going to hate on Lampent I chose him for quite a few reasons. Lampent provided me with a spinblocker which is what a Spikes stacking teams really needs at all times. Lampent completed the Fire, Water and Grass core together with Qwilfish and Rotom-Mow. Most importantly however Lampent gave me a good option against stall as only specially defensive Drapion really stops Lampent from sweeping.

Lampent was garbage and Spiritomb was better k now bye. Seriously though while Lampent sounded cool at first he was really underwhelming in practice. Lampent just straight up sucked against offensive teams and was only decent versus stall teams. Spiritomb was choses instead of Lampent because Spiritomb is actually good against offensive teams while it's Calm Mind set can almost solo defensive teams.

As you could see by the team preview this was the team I ultimately stuck to this team. The other team while fun to use just wasn't that good really. This team was just all around way better and was also more fun to use in general. Ow yeah I may have skipped over a few Pokemon that I might have used during the process of this teambuilding but it has been a while since I started building this team and I may have forgotton some of the teambuilding process.

In depth

Based Haxgod (Durant) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Fang

Here he is the best Pokemon ever created and the main Pokemon of this team, Durant. Durant is a seriously awesome Pokemon in RU, he wrecks stall pretty much by himself while still doing great versus offense. Anyway Durant his moveset and EV's are all pretty simple. Hone Claws is the main move of most Durant sets just like this one. Hone Claws raises Attack by one stage while also boosting Durant his accuracy problems of Hustle. Hone Claws and Durant are just a great combo together and there isn't really much to say. Iron Head is the second move of this set and one of Durant his STAB moves. Iron Head has a nice base power and the ever so useful chance to flinch the opponent. I won't deny it I haxed a whole bunch of people with Iron Head flinches on the ladder, also hence the reason that he is named Based Haxgod. Iron Head hits Pokemon like Rhyperior and Whimsicott for good damage. Usually if a target is neutral to all my attacks Iron Head is the main move I use since it has the most base power together with X-Scissor and also that extremely useful flinching chance. X-Scissor is the second move on this set. Some people forgo X-Scissor in favor of another coverage move like Crunch or Superpower but for me X-Scissor has been the main move. X-Scissor hits the likes of Tangrowth, Slowking and Cresselia hard and allows Durant to break through stall teams more effectively which is Durant's main role on this team. The fourth move of this set is Thunder Fang. Thunder Fang may be a somewhat odd choice but let me explain this one. Thunder Fang is Durant's best option against bulky Water types not named Slowking. Thunder Fang hits the likes of Clawitzer, Jellicent and the uncommon Poliwrath for good damage which are Pokemon my team previously struggled with. Thunder Fang also still let's you hit Yanmega and Moltres for good damage which helps. Previously I had Rock Slide over Thunder Fang but I switched it for multiple reasons since the accuracy was terrible before the Hone Claws boost and it hit a whopping two relevant Pokemon for more damage than any other move, those two being Moltres and Yanmega but Speed Boost Yanmega wins versus Durant anyway.

The EV spread is pretty simple on this Durant, just straight up max attack and max speed with a Jolly nature. The item however might need some explaining. Instead of the extra power of Life Orb or the added survivibility of Leftovers I used a Lum Berry. Lum Berry makes Durant a one time status absorber and the main thing, it allows Durant to set up on the likes of Jellicent, Thunder Wave Cresselia and Alomomola which it can't to safely with another item. While the lack of extra power from Life Orb does hurt sometimes I still think Lum Berry is a more useful item in general.

When playing with Durant he usually doesn't come out until late game except when facing a stall team. When facing offensive team Durant is usually my win condition. I need to get rid of Pokemon like Jolteon and Cincinno first who can outspeed me and stop my sweep. Walls like Registeel need to be weakened by team members so they can't stop Durant that well anymore. Lastly he needs a free switch either against something like Aromatisse which can't touch me or by simply letting another Pokemon faint so that Durant can come in safely. Then it is usually set up a Hone Claws and win. Against stall however it goes a bit differently. Usually it is try to wear down or kill the main thing that walls Durant like Registeel and then set up a Hone Claws and break down things. Against stall Durant can manage to come in multiple time thanks to those nice resistances and good defenses to wear down Pokemon. All in all Durant is just an incredibely good Pokemon and you should use it more.

GOTTA GO FAST (Slowking) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Slowking is the second team member and he fills quite a few roles on this team. Slowking can defeat Pokemon that are troublesome to Durant like Cobalion and Registeel opening up for a sweep with Durant later on. Slowking also takes on most Fire types that scare out Durant like Choice Scarf Moltres and Delphox. Slowking also provides good synergy type wise with Durant. Anyways onto the set. Assault Vest Slowking was chosen over other Slowking sets because it gives me a Fire type counter while still maintaining offensive presence. I know that Assault Vest is an overrated item and that we could have an enite forum dedicated to Pokemon that suck with an Assault Vest but Slowking is one of the few Pokemon that can actually make good use of it. Anyways onto the moveset. Scald is pretty much a given on any Slowking set and for good reason. Scald provides Slowking with a reasonably powered Water type attack that has a nice and nifty chance to burn. Scald is a spammable move and thus used about most of the time when using Slowking. Psyshock is the second STAB move here. Psyshock is chosen over Psychic because it allows me to hit Virizion much harder on the switch in. Surely Psyshock doesn't hit other targets like Qwilfish as hard but those aren't as common adn threatening to my team as Virizion. Fire Blast is the third move on this set and is Slowking his main coverage move. Fire Blast is mostly used to bait out and hit Pokemon like Escavelier and Doublade for big damage and is pretty much standard on most Slowking sets. Lastly there is Dragon Tail and honestly I am not sure wheter I should keep this one or not. Dragon Tail was originally chosen to phaze Calm Mind Delphox but it doesn't do much outside of that. Slowking his Scald already does enough damage to Delphox after a Calm Mind anyway and Durant can revenge kill Delphox should the need arise. I would like to replace Dragon Tail with either Grass Knot or Ice Beam but I am not to sure about all of this.

Anyways onto the EV's. This particular EV spread allows me to be bulky while still maintaining offensive presence. The 48 speed EV's allow me to outspeed Doublade and hit it hard with either Scald or Fire Blast. Doublade is quite a threat to this team which is why I did this. The 248 HP EV's allow me to hit an uneven HP number and the rest was just dumped into special attack for offensive presence.

Generally when playing with Slowking he takes on a pretty relaxed playstyle as you would expect from his design. He safely switches into the likes of Delphox, Moltres and Cobalion, then fires of a Scald or two and switches out. Fire Blast and Psyshock are only really used when I predict a certain switch like Virizion or Shiftry, however 99% of the time it's probably click Scald and win. Slowking all in all is a valuable team member and really holds this team together.

:P (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

Gligar is probably the main wall on this team. While he doesn't exactly dish out much damage he can take a lot of the opposing punishment and slowly wear down the opponent through repeated hits. Anyways Gligar was chosen for quite a few reasons. Gligar and Slowking have good synergy together type wise and also battle wise. Gligar can take on Pokemon that give Slowking trouble like Hitmonlee, other Durant, Gallade and Jolteon while Slowking handles Cobalion, Moltres and Delphox who give Gligar trouble. Gligar also provides Defog support which is extremely useful to a Pokemon you will see later on. Roost is the first move on Gligar his set and pretty much a necessity on any Gligar set. It keeps Gligar healthy which allows it to wall and outstall threats like Rhyperior and Hitmonlee. Defog is another pretty much given move on any Gligar set. Defog keeps away hazards which my team can have problems against. Spikes will wear down Druddigon and Durant over time while it sort of negates Slowking his useful Regenerator ability. Meanwhile Stealth Rock must be kept off the field at all costs since Moltres hates Stealth Rock with a burning passion. Earthquake is the third move on this set and what needs to really be said about Earthquake, it's just Earthquake. In all seriousness though I have been thinking about replacing Earthquake with another move. Surely Earthquake does have that 100 base power and 100 accuracy but it kind of invites threatening Pokemon like Braviary and Virizion which are big threats to my team. I could replace Earthquake with Acrobatics which donks Virizion for great damage but does neglegible damage to Braviary. Anyways I am keeping Earthquake for now though because it is Earthquake. The last slot goes to U-Turn. I chose U-Turn over Knock Off, Toxic or whatever else because U-Turn is just generally such a useful move. It essentially requires next to no prediction and gives me a free switch into whatever I like.

The EV spread on Gligar is pretty simple, just max HP and max defense to allow me to easily wall the likes of Hitmonlee, Drapion, Rhyperior and so much else. I guess I could switch to a specially defensive spread just because Jolteon has been annoying lately but it is hard to give up the ability to easily wall all those physical threats. The 30 speed IV is there just because it pairs well with U-Turn. The lowered speed IV allows me to outslow opposing Gligar, Qwilfish, Cresselia and everything else around the base 85 speed tier. This gives me the chance to safely bring in either Durant or Moltres who aren't bulky enough to live multiple strong hits. Eviolite is the main item because running Gligar without an Eviolite is pretty stupid.

When playing with Gligar he does quite a few things at once. He removes all the hazards, walls dangerous physical attackers and give free switches with U-Turn. Due to this Gligar can sometimes be overloaded with jobs and multiple attackers Gligar has to wall since Gligar walls some Pokemon that all my other team members can't take on well. However thanks to Roost he can stay around long enough and gradually wear down physical attackers. Usually if I predict a switch I use U-Turn which gives me switch advantage if I don't know what they will switch in to. Gligar does the multiple roles it has well and is definetly a good team member.

Rotom-Wow (Rotom-Mow) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Mow was chosen on this team because of the decent type synergy with my other Pokemon and I needed a Choice Scarf user. Now obviously he doesn't have a Choice Scarf anymore but he is still a useful Pokemon on the team. Rotom-Mow was also one of my answers to Sticky Web teams. Even though Sticky Web teams are nowhere near as good as they used to be because they have to run Pokemon like Leavanny it is still a useful immunity to have. If I am being really honest here Rotom-Mow doesn't really have a huge niche on this team, it doesn't bring any valuable resistances this team doesn't already have and it doesn't do much to this team. However Rotom-Mow is just a great filler Pokemon for almost any team which is why it is still on here. Volt Switch is the main move on this set and the most spammable one. Usaully it is just Volt Switch all the time because it is just so useful. It also again gives free switches to my other Pokemon, makes me not have to predict stuff and even forms a cute little funny Volt Switch and U-Turn core with Gligar. Thunderbolt is the second STAB Electric move on this set and is the main move for late game cleaning. Unlike other attacks on this set Thunderbolt doesn't really have any downsides to using it and doesn't force me out into another Pokemon. I guess I could use a random Hidden Power over Thunderbolt but this move has been pretty useful so I will keep it for now. Leaf Storm is on this set mainly for predicting switches or scaring out certain Pokemon. Leaf Storm is usually used for blasting Pokemon that would switch in on my Electric type moves like Jolteon or Rhyperior. It also scares out Pokemon like said Rhyperior and is just a great nuke button in general. Last move on this set is pretty interesting. Will-O-Wisp allows Rotom-Mow to beat some Pokemon that like to switch in on it like Virizion. Also some usual switch ins like Registeel get worn down over time which is just what Will-O-Wisp can do. Will-O-Wisp is also incredibly easy to spam early game and spread burns against the opposing team.

The EV spread and all of that stuff is all pretty simple. Max speed and special attack for outspeeding everything and hitting hard really. The 0 IV's in attack are there to minimize confusion and Foul Play damage. Leftovers is the main item of choice as it gives Rotom-Mow some much needed longetivity.

Generally when playing with Rotom-Mow it stays around for almost the whole battle. Early game it is usually my lead and it either goes for Volt Swich for switch advantage or Rotom-Mow spreads burns early game with Will-O-Wisp. Usually Rotom-Mow keeps spamming these moves until late game while sometimes using Leaf Storm for predicted switches. When Rotom-Mow is still around late game it can clean with Thunderbolt. All in all while I am not sure if I should keep Rotom-Mow it is still a solid Pokemon and he does what he is supposed to do with ease.

(BAN ME PLEASE) (Druddigon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Druddigon fills a few quite important roles on this team. Druddigon is the Stealth Rock setter of this team and wears down quite a lot of the opposing Pokemon with Dragon Tail and Stealth Rock. It is also my main check to Pokemon that both Slowking and Gligar can't beat like Sharpedo and Virizion. It also has good type synergy with said Slowking and Gligar with the defenses to back it up. Anyways onto the moves. Stealth Rock is pretty much a given as it is the only member on my team that effectively makes use of Stealth Rock. Sure Gligar learns Stealth Rock but Defog and Stealth Rock are counterproductive when placed on one set and Gligar has enough 4MSS as it is. Dragon Tail is there just for phazing out and wearing down opponents over time. I have been considering Dragon Claw over Dragon Tail for a while now just so I have a reliable attack against Braviary, Gligar and Moltres but for now Dragon Tail is still on there. Earthquake is the main move Druddigon uses most of the time as well it is Earthquake you know. Seriously though Earthquake pairs well with Dragon type attacks and is just strong with base 100 power and 100 accuracy. Sucker Punch is the last move on this set just for revenge killing purposes. Since my team lacks priority and Druddigon gets Sucker Punch it was pretty much a given. Sucker Punch allows Druddigon to pick off weakened foes like Yanmega and Gallade from low HP while being able to do heavy damage against the likes of Delphox and the rare Mr. Mime. Sucker Punch also helps with Druddigon his low speed which is cool.

The EV's listed here allow me to outspeed base 50 speed Pokemon like Elektross while the rest was just dumped into HP and attack. Max attack is used just to give Druddigon more offensive presence but I might switch it to special defense for Pokemon like Yanmega and Zoroark since they give my team real trouble. Rough Skin is the main ability here just because the annoying fast Normal types named Cincinno and Ambipom are annoying to this team. Rough Skin again helps wear down opponents which is what Druddigon does. Leftovers is just there to give Druddigon some longetivity because he needs to stay around long.

Generally Druddigon comes in multiple times a match. The first time he comes in he usually sets up Stealth Rock and maybe phases around the opponents a bit with Dragon Tail and weaken them. However if I see a threatening Pokemon like Sharpedo or Zoroark then I usually keep Druddigon around for as long as possible since he is my only answer to those Pokemon. Since Druddigon is my only answer to those Pokemon however this can be a problem. Druddigon easily gets worn down over time meaning that it is quite possible he won't be healthy enough to effectively take on those Pokemon well. While Druddigon sometimes gets overloaded with jobs he still fills an important role on this team which isn't easy to replace.

DUCK BURD (Moltres) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

The last member on this team is Moltres. Moltres is one incredible wallbreaker that kills just about anything not named Slowking, Lanturn or the godly Magcargo. Most teams that exist are weak to Moltres just because is such a good wallbreaker and the only thing preventing it from shining in the higher tiers is that stupid Stealth Rock weakness. Anyways Moltres was chosen because it is a great wallbreaker that tears up the entire tier in it's wrath. Durant and Moltres can together break through any wall with ease which helps because I hate facing stall teams. The moveset for Moltres is pretty simple but effective. Fire Blast is extremely spammable as even Pokemon that resist it don't like coming in on one. Hurricane is Moltres his secondary STAB move and while not as spammable, it is still pretty spammable. Hidden Power Grass provides Moltres with coverage against the likes of Rhyperior, Clawitzer and other Pokemon with similar types. Hidden Power Grass isn't used as often as Fire Blast or Hurricane but it is useful on predicted switches on when I want to kill something without risking a miss. Roost is there to make up for Life Orb damage, possible Stealth Rock damage and damage taken from random attacks as otherwise Moltres would be worn down fairly easily.

The EV spread on this set again is fairly simple. Max speed for outspeeding everything under base 90 speed and speed tying with other Moltres. Max special attack is used to break through stall more effectively and the remainder of the EV's is just dumped into special defense. Also noobs stop using 4 HP Moltres dammit just so you can switch in on Stealth Rock more then once. Anyways a Life Orb is used to maximize damage output without resorting to using a Choice Specs item. Roost can make up for the loss of HP every turn anyway so that isn't really a problem.

Playing with Moltres is really easy for some reason. The first thing is just to keep Stealth Rock off the field which Gligar does a great job at with Defog. Then if you have Stealth Rock gone switch in on a Pokemon that can't do much to you like Aromatisse or Tangrowth withour Rock Slide. Once you are in the battlefield it is just click Fire Blast or Hurricane and watch something die. Between Fire Blast, Hurricane and a possible Hidden Power Grass there isn't much that can switch in repeatedly aside from Slowking. Moltres is just such a great wallbreaker it's not funny and definetly deserves a spot on my team.

Outtro

This was my team and it was lots of fun making and using. I have used this team on multiple accounts and while I haven't laddered all that much after the Shuckle ban with this team it is still solid. I have no idea what to say here really so have a nice day bye.

Importable

Durant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Last edited:
Threatlist

Bold = Big threat
Normal = Sort of a threat
Italic = Donphan in OU level of threat

Slowking easily walls this and won't get worn down due to Regenerator. Durant can revenge kill if necessary.
Gligar switches in on this pretty easily and slowly wears it down with repeated Earthquake hits, Durant, Rotom-Mow and Moltres can revenge kill it if weakened a bit.

This thing is a freaking threat to any team. Specs Tinted Lens sets are dealt with by sacrificing the least useful Pokemon and revenge kill with Durant. Speed Boost sets are even worse to this team as my only hope is for Slowking to take a hit and revenge kill with Fire Blast.
Durant can revenge kill this and Druddigon takes a hit and kills but due to Illusion it is difficult to play around. Definitely a big threat when Hitmonlee greets Gligar with a Nasty Plot.

I have Durant to set up on it, Rotom Mow and Moltres to murder it but it can still be really annoying because with Wish and Regenerator it just won't freaking die.
Not that big of a threat as it is an open invite for Moltres and Durant. Calm Mind sets are a bit scary though and Charge Beam Aromatisse kills my Moltres.
Not that big of a threat as Moltres, Druddigon and Rotom-Mow all defeat it one on one and Slowking lures it with the speed EV's and Fire Blast
Gligar walls this thing but it is still pretty scary especially if Gligar is down.
Slowking is extremely reliable in countering Moltres which makes offensive sets not as threatening. Substitute and Roost sets are annoying though.
This thing basically means I have to keep Druddigon around since it is my only check to this thing. Basically Speed Boost Yanmega but worse.
Annoying but not really the most threatening. Usually I status this thing with Rotom-Mow to wear it down over time and cut it's offensive stats.
Not a big threat as Slowking walls almost all sets with ease and Gligar and Moltres can defeat quite a few of it's sets too.
This thing is pretty annoying but never really that threatening. Durant can set up on it while Moltres does heavy damage.
It's Druddigon and Druddigon is scary to any team. Gligar can defeat it though while Moltres and Durant revenge kill it. Rotom-Mow his Will-O-Wisp also helps as they like to switch in on him.
Moltres and Gligar are his best counters which makes Escavelier pretty much a non existent threat. Slowking also lures it with Fire Blast.
Can be a bit scary if it's Calm Mind but Durant and Slowking check it pretty easily. Relic Song sets are scary though.
Slowking can wall it decently while Durant and Moltres check it.
Can wall my Moltres which is annoying but Druddigon and Rotom-Mow check it while Durant can revenge kill.
Gligar can very slowly wear down Virizon while Durant can revenge kill it. Rotom-Mow his Will-O-Wisp again comes in handy as Virizion just loves switching in on him.
Has the potential to OHKO my entire team which is scary. Moltres however can take 1 Blizzard if it needs to and easily kills 20 snowmans with Fire Blast. Almost my whole team can also revenge kill it since it's slow as Christmas balls.
Annoying but not really threatening. Durant sets up on it if it doesn't have Hidden Power Fire.
Gligar walls this with utter ease. Losing Eviolite and Taunt is annoying but still functions decently without it and Earthquake does a buttload to Drapion.
Most of my team doesn't really care about trapping from Dugtrio as only Durant really minds it and Slowking takes a bit a lot from Earthquake.

Rather annoying wall but Moltres switches in on it easily and Durant can sometimes set up on it.
Shell Smash pass is annoying but setting up is difficult for Gorebyss. Switching into Slowking on the Shell Smash also allows me to Dragon Tail the incoming Pokemon.
Big threat only for the simple fact that a lot of people run Hidden Power Ice instead of Hidden Power Grass on the ladder which hits my checks to Jolteon for good damage. Stop using Hidden Power Ice to counter team me noobs on the ladder.
Can just about OHKO my entire team after a Nasty Plot but Durant can outspeed and kill it.
Not really threatening as much as it can be annoying with Toxic and Protect. Still though Moltres blasts through it and most of my Pokemon can defeat it 1 on 1.
Choice Scarf sets are walled by Gligar even though he can't do much back while other sets are revenge killed by Rotom-Mow. Substitute and Bulk Up sets can be pretty threatening though as they can take a Thunderbolt from Rotom-Mow.
Druddigon, Moltres and Slowking can check Emboar but countering this piece of bacon is difficult which makes him scary at times.
Scary wallbreaker as it 2 hit KO's my entire team and revenge killing a healthy one can be troublesome since Durant and Rotom-Mow don't OHKO. Truly a threat to my team.
Haven't seen much of them but they can be pretty threatening since most of my switch in's dislike a burn from Will-O-Wisp. Moltres makes a pretty good answer though.
Pretty scary if it has Ice Punch, if not then Gligar walls the shit out of it while Moltres and Slowking check it and Durant revenge kills it.
Moltres can check all variants of it while Gligar switches in on it without much trouble. Bulk up sets are bad news for Gligar though.
Nothing likes to switch in on Magneton and quite a few team members liek Durant are walled by it. Usually it is just hope Gligar takes a hit and kills it with Earthquake.
Probably does pretty well vs my team but I haven't really seen much of them so I can't judge.
Choice Scarf ones are easily walled by Druddigon but Will-O-Wisp ones are annoying.
To be honest I haven't seen much of this Pokemon either but Rotom-Mow and Druddigon can usually deal with it.
Pretty scary because it can sleep one of my checks but Druddigon and Slowking deal with it decently and it is hard for Vivilion to set up on any members of my team.
Pretty annoying since it sets up hazards but Gligar is a reliable hazard remover so that helps.
Moltres just straight up burns through this thing while Durant can even set up on it so not a big threat.
Really scary wallbreaker that nothing can switch in on on my team. I have Rotom-Mow, Slowking and Druddigon to check it but that is it really.
Moltres switches in on it pretty easily and destroys it with Fire Blast. Slowking also fares decent against it.
Has the coverage to hit almost my entire team for super effective damage. Rotom-Mow can pick off a weakened one with Leaf Storm and Druddigon checks it but still scary as heck.

Doesn't particularly wall anything on my team while Rotom-Mow switches in on it easily.
Basically a weaker Jolteon that is walled pretty easily by Druddigon. Not as scary as Jolteon but still a bit annoying.
Rotom-Mow and Druddigon check it pretty well and Durant also does.
It walls most of my physical attackers which is annoying but Slowking deals with it pretty well as it switches in and does a lot with Psyshock.
nothing like to switch in on this thing aside from maybe Druddigon which makes it scary. Thankfully it isn't overly common.
Slowking deals with it well while Durant revenge kills it. Stupid Cosmic Power sets are pretty bad for my team though.
Gligar walls Skuntank with ease which makes it pretty bad versus my team.
Can sweep my team if it gets of a Belly Drum but it is extremely difficult to get one off.
Walls most of my team members but Moltres counters non Rock Slide sets and Durant can check it.
Never really seen one but I would imagine Slowking and Moltres can deal with it.
Gligar can take a hit if it's healthy and do quite a bit of damage with Earthquake. Durant revenge kills it but it is still tough to deal with.
Never really seen one but I would imagine they can sweep my team after a Shell Smash.
Gligar and Druddigon deal with it. Still thoughFUCK KINGS ROCK CINCINNO!
Slowking is a full stop to Combusken and it's Baton Pass shenanigans.
Not really that threatening since Slowking walls it and Durant can even set up on defensive ones. All my Pokemon deal well wit this in general.

Set up fodder for Durant and most of my team members can deal ith it. Super Fang is annoying though.
None of my team members really have a problem dealing with Granbull so it is not a real threat.
Basically a Hitmonlee that is much easier for my team to deal with since Slowking also walls it without Knock Off.
Walls my Moltres which is annoying but Rotom-Mow easily deals with it. Haven't run into Choice Specs set yet but they look pretty scary.
Walls most of my team members and won't freaking die but luckily they are extremely uncommon for me.
Slowking checks it while Rotom-Mow hard checks it.
Durant deals with it well thanks to having Lum Berry for Thunder Wave.
Kind of set up fodder for Durant since it can't really touch him. Molktres Hurricane also does a buttload.
Set up fodder for Durant and most other team members bar Gligar and Rotom-Mow defeat it.
Scary but haven't seen much of it so I can't really judge it.
Gligar walls it but Ice Beam variatns steamroll through my team.
Sets up some stuff but is easily worn down over time and most of my Pokemon have at least 1 good move to deal with it.
Again haven't seen much of it so can't really judge.

All other Pokemon are uncommon and aren't really threatening to my team so I will stop here.

Last edited:
I like Durant, I built a team around it a couple days ago in fact. Something I liked using that isn't really popular, but surprisingly effective in RU is Tauros. I was chatting in the RU room on PS and we came to the conclusion that Tauros is a good lure. Tauros lures in doublade, which walls Durant, and can 2HKO with fire blast! Tauros only needs 16 SAtk EVs to guarantee the 2HKO, so you're not losing out on much physical attack from this set. Moltres is great, but Doublade is never staying in on a Moltres, and let's be honest, Doublade is not easy to wear down. With Tauros you'll also be less dependent on defog, meaning Tauros can actually attack and not be forced to roost every time it switches in. Tauros also takes on Magneton which walls Durant, and if they have a surprise scarf you're not dead, unlike with Moltres. Tauros also lures in Tangrowth, and 2HKO's non-av variants, which will help Rotom-Cut, Druddigon, and Gligar out. Whether you think Tauros is a joke or not, I encourage you to atleast try it :]

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)