Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most effective EV spread for Mega Scizor? I want to use the Bulky SD set with SD, Roost, Bullet Punch, and Knock Off
If Aegislash gets banned would max HP/ max Def be the best?

Hey guys, how do you deal with sub toxic Gliscor?
Anything with Taunt, or something immune to toxic/toxic damage. Skarm shuts it down but can't really hit it. Sylveon is good because it takes little from EQ, can heal bell away toxic, and can hit hard with Pixilate Hyper Voice through subs. Breloom can SD up, and hit through sub with Bullet Seed before toxic kills it, or you can run poison heal. Outside of that, you just need to keep pressure on it. The only way it can play its stalling game is if you give it a turn to toxic you, AND either another turn to sub or you're slower so it can sub before taking damage. So if you switch immediately to a fast special attacker, it might get toxic'd but it won't need to die.

Also, never let it start stalling (i.e., never get into the position where your pokemon is toxic'd and Gliscor is behind a substitute) against a faster pokemon. Against faster pokemon, Gliscor gets to come out of it with a substitute. (Because when you break the sub, it uses substitute again that turn and then you die to toxic at the end of the round. Against a slower pokemon, it can't set up a sub the same turn as you break it because it will have already moved, so when you die to toxic, it will be exposed.)

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What's the most effective EV spread for Mega Scizor? I want to use the Bulky SD set with SD, Roost, Bullet Punch, and Knock Off
If Aegislash gets banned would max HP/ max Def be the best?
The standard spread is 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD now. In an Aegi-less metagame, you could change the SpD for Attack, unless there's some other benchmark I don't see.

Does anyone have a good idea for team support for this Rampardos set? Ive been using it on a sticky web team in attempt to force switches and grab a boost, however priority and flying types/levitators stop me very often. I know it isnt technically viable, but I find it very fun to use and hard to switch into, it 2hkos all of ou besides keldeo and terrakion.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish

The evs are to outspeed Kyurem B under sticky web by exactly one point as well as the whole unboosted metagame after a rock polish. Attack is maximized and the rest is dumped into special attack. Also before anyone is too quick to dismiss Rampardos keep in mind that all of its' moves receive a sheer force boost, making them more powerful than they may appear. It's Rock Slide is even decently more powerful than Landorus-I's Earth Power.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
So I had an idea involving a tier between OU and Ubers, it can be for non legendary pokemon and mega stones, like blaziken and mega lucario, it could be called Over Powered or something like that, and it could be for players looking to use those powerful pokemon with out having to deal with huge Uber threats like multiscale lugia and mega mewtwo.
I don't really see the question within this, but if you want to suggest it, the place to do that would be here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/suggestions.3469608/page-86

Just want to check, does Haze only affect the active pokemon in rotation battles (as in, only the front pokemon, not all three)? It seems that way in the battle maison.

Just want to check, does Haze only affect the active pokemon in rotation battles (as in, only the front pokemon, not all three)? It seems that way in the battle maison.
Yes. Any inactive pokemon on the field will retain any status boosts or drops.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone have a good idea for team support for this Rampardos set? Ive been using it on a sticky web team in attempt to force switches and grab a boost, however priority and flying types/levitators stop me very often. I know it isnt technically viable, but I find it very fun to use and hard to switch into, it 2hkos all of ou besides keldeo and terrakion.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish

The evs are to outspeed Kyurem B under sticky web by exactly one point as well as the whole unboosted metagame after a rock polish. Attack is maximized and the rest is dumped into special attack. Also before anyone is too quick to dismiss Rampardos keep in mind that all of its' moves receive a sheer force boost, making them more powerful than they may appear. It's Rock Slide is even decently more powerful than Landorus-I's Earth Power.
Don't use it. Period.

I'm a bit new here, but I like experimenting. I will help as best as I can, but I'm not a wizard at teambuilding.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish

Personally, a Pokémon that can take a lot of hits Rampardos will see is Slowbro. He is also great at switching in and out continually thanks to regenerator. You might also want a flying/levitating poke for the ground weakness, but you shouldn't have to worry about grass. (Except maybe M-Venusaur)

Apart from that, the main problem I see is the lack of setup opportunities. If you really wanted to go cheese, use a momento Dugtrio, but otherwise the setup and switchin opportunities are lacking. Try getting in on a double switch as the opponent goes to talonflame. If you're lucky, they'll overestimate his bulk, and switch out. Problem, though, is:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rampardos: 177-209 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rampardos: 153-182 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rampardos: 118-140 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

So unless they have leftovers, and your Rampardos has no residual damage, there's no setup. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything else to setup on, sadly. I would also recommend switching him to a speed-boosting nature and evs unless you want to get outsped and killed. Also, a wish user. Get one.

slayerx725232

Okay this might be silly but........

How long has the "excuse us during our redesign" been there at the top of the page?
It's been there as long as I've been on Smogon, and I'm sure it will be there for decades to come. (I doubt there even will be a resdesign ;p)

slayerx725232

Is diance legal for competitive play yet?
It was recently released in a Japanese event, and placed in the OU tier for Smogon, so I would assume it is. I know that it is usable on Showdown, however not entirely sure about whether or not it is on the 3DS.

Hey, does anyone know what EV spread and Nature I should use for Specially Defensive Gliscor? Impish or Careful and just max hp max sp def?

Hey, does anyone know what EV spread and Nature I should use for Specially Defensive Gliscor? Impish or Careful and just max hp max sp def?
244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe with a Careful nature is the standard. The Speed EVs let you outspeed Adamant Bisharp, max speed Aegi and max speed Tyranitar.

What are some good partners to bird-spam, I have been using conkeldurr, mamoswine, latias, and Rotom-W, but Im trying to make a new one?

What are some good partners to bird-spam, I have been using conkeldurr, mamoswine, latias, and Rotom-W, but Im trying to make a new one?
Keldeo is a very good teammate as it can take care of Tyranitar, Skarmory and Heatran. Assault Vest Raikou is also a good option as it can help you against opposing birds and Thundurus.

Keldeo is a very good teammate as it can take care of Tyranitar, Skarmory and Heatran. Assault Vest Raikou is also a good option as it can help you against opposing birds and Thundurus.
Ok, thanks a lot, I have heard excadrill is good too.

Also: how is hidden power grass on rotom-W?

Ok, thanks a lot, I have heard excadrill is good too.

Also: how is hidden power grass on rotom-W?
yeah. Exca is good too and helps against room-w if it is a mold breaker version. As for HP grass on Rotom-W, what does it hit that is not hit already by volt switch/hydro pump except for gastrodon, who is not used much in OU anyway?

Could there feasibly be another tier between RU and NU right now?

(When) will Smogon introduce a new tier? Are there strict criteria for tier creation, or was it a quick decision to introduce RU simply in response to the large number of Pokemon introduced in Black and White?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)