Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
It might be prudent to out who all claimed what and who all is clean. Will leave that up to you guys
This is not the best course of action right now I think you should be doing this lynch to see how people act naturally before learning how everyone claimed. I would also have preferred that this possibility not be announced because this move is anticipated. This action also depends on how few people are actually clean and how much of a guesswork game this is going to be.

I'm surprised to see so many people jump on the MS wagon - before this day he was one of my strongest town reads.

What about the Snype's big post was so conclusive, by the way? Paperblade zorbees you both said that his post made you believe him, I would like to hear what makes you think that.

askaninjask I am surprised to see you comment on bandwagoning when you just bandwagoned onto billly.

I've been tagged. Twice. Guess I should give my two cents. However (lame excuse incoming!) everything there is to be said has already been said. Just posting this because apparently, lurking is scummy, and so is this kind of defensive post, and so is mislynching. What kind of logic is this?

As for who to lynch, I'd say No Lynch for now, but apparently that's also scummy. However, I'd like to not jump on another lynchwagon, as again, that's apparently scummy. Is ANYTHING considered not to be scummy?

And after this, I'm probably on you're scumlist for being defensive. But truth is, I am defensive by nature, which is why I keep my posts to a minimum, because if l don't, I sound like scum, which I promise you I'm not.

Also, my first wall post. And it's full of mistakes.

Tl;dr: I'm the biggest noob in mafia history. I just caught everyone's negative attention without any prompting.
I am not going to address your entire post because from what I have interacted with you in BassGame, you do seem like a legitimately new player to mafia in general. The reason why I bolded the last part is that you have just admitted defeat without even trying, which I think is completely terrible. If everyone admitted defeat before even trying, then why play? "Without any prompting" makes this seem as though you don't have a choice but you do. Take some posts that people have said earlier and try to analyze things about them, why they did what they did, what arguments they try to use (considering we're getting reads, there's bound to be some subjectivity and gut feelings). This post is actually not very helpful at all just out of circumstances because either side could go defeatist. You could be mafia that did not anticipate having to post much hoping to lay low or you could be a villager that is disappointed that the village has lost a shitload of important people so quickly and feel incredibly overwhelmed by having to actually make meaningful posts. I don't think anyone should be making defeatist posts like this one because it also questions why, even if you're village, you should be left alive because as a villager, I want a villager that would try to win rather than one that just gives up. Please try.

My reads on Metal Sonic have not changed. His activity in posting yet still just posting rather condescending one-liners make me feel that he might know more about the village than the rest of us do, which could be indicative of a sign as mafia. My vote still stays on him.

zorbees I still suspect you because I think it is most likely that there was a mole that LightWolf trusted given the deaths that have happened the past few nights.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well I can't really defend myself of that claim. It does seem likely there is a mole. But if there is a mole, it'd have to be a mole role most likely. I honestly think it is possible that there is no mole and Sauron is just some kind of crazy information role. Is there any other reason you think I could be scummy besides possibly being a mole?

And I'd still like that votecount UncleSam/DLE.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Well I can't really defend myself of that claim. It does seem likely there is a mole. But if there is a mole, it'd have to be a mole role most likely. I honestly think it is possible that there is no mole and Sauron is just some kind of crazy information role. Is there any other reason you think I could be scummy besides possibly being a mole?

And I'd still like that votecount UncleSam/DLE.

I had no reason other than you were on the sheet until you suggested that Sauron is a crazy information role. Can you elaborate on this? Typically in 1v1s, mafia do not have access to otherwise standard roles in 2v1 or 1v2 games, ex: kidnapper, silencer. I think it is more likely that a mole role existed than the information role suggested. After all, Smeagol had an actual mole role, why couldn't the mafia have one? They've been given fakes, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me if one of those fakes is an actual mole role.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
PokeguyNXB you can't agree with EVERYONE, people are taking opposing sides in arguments. Post saying what you think are the more/most reasonable posts that other people have made. This way, your opinion is known to us, and the people who you think are suspicious are more likely to be lynched.

Steven Snype said:
askaninjask I am surprised to see you comment on bandwagoning when you just bandwagoned onto billly.
...was two votes too much pressure?? Sorry, you're right, I should have backed off even though I thought you were suspicious, that's the real way to get things done in NOC. And the fact that you're voting Metal Sonic now bothers me. Metal Sonic has made several posts that I do not believe him to be capable of making as mafia. As much as it bothers me that we're not making MS do this himself, here is why I think voting Metal Sonic is stupid.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lord-of-the-rings-mafia-day-9.3511055/page-32#post-5631856

in this post, Metal Sonic is the first of us to state in the thread that he believes the sheet has been leaked to the mafia. If he's mafia, then the mafia either has the sheet or they don't. In either case, I doubt MS would be so bold as to make this statement in an NOC daytime.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lord-of-the-rings-mafia-day-9.3511055/page-31#post-5626498

in this post, Metal Sonic votes AG saying "bye byeee", and while this seems like nothing it's actually a really bold post for scum to make (taunting the lynch vote of a villager) and one that I don't believe MS would make. This post strikes much more as a villager who is excited to lynch someone who he believes to be scum.

So yeah, my vote remains on Snype for making not one but two stupid lynch votes.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
No defeatist posts, got it. But it seems in every NOC I've played, just about anything is considered scummy, so even playing as village (and I am village in this game) I'm constantly afraid of acting scummy, so I don't post. Generally, no matter what side I'm on, my top priority is to survive to the end of the game (at least without being lynched), so all I do is not act scummy, and the sad thing about that is I've never been mafia, yet my posts are scummy regardless.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
PokeguyNXB you can't agree with EVERYONE, people are taking opposing sides in arguments. Post saying what you think are the more/most reasonable posts that other people have made. This way, your opinion is known to us, and the people who you think are suspicious are more likely to be lynched.

...was two votes too much pressure?? Sorry, you're right, I should have backed off even though I thought you were suspicious, that's the real way to get things done in NOC. And the fact that you're voting Metal Sonic now bothers me. Metal Sonic has made several posts that I do not believe him to be capable of making as mafia. As much as it bothers me that we're not making MS do this himself, here is why I think voting Metal Sonic is stupid.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lord-of-the-rings-mafia-day-9.3511055/page-32#post-5631856

in this post, Metal Sonic is the first of us to state in the thread that he believes the sheet has been leaked to the mafia. If he's mafia, then the mafia either has the sheet or they don't. In either case, I doubt MS would be so bold as to make this statement in an NOC daytime.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lord-of-the-rings-mafia-day-9.3511055/page-31#post-5626498

in this post, Metal Sonic votes AG saying "bye byeee", and while this seems like nothing it's actually a really bold post for scum to make (taunting the lynch vote of a villager) and one that I don't believe MS would make. This post strikes much more as a villager who is excited to lynch someone who he believes to be scum.

So yeah, my vote remains on Snype for making not one but two stupid lynch votes.
I think both posts are posts that Metal Sonic would make regardless of what faction he is on as there are mafia connotations to do so anyway, but it is his lack of insigh t into the game that most makes me feel that he is mafia.

For your first point, if he were mafia, he could be trying to spread a sense of distrust among the village by pointing out he feels that there could be a mole within the village spreadsheet. The intent of a post like that is to try to weaken the strength of the power associated with LightWolf by insinuating that the information LightWolf receives through these results could be fake or the people that LightWolf trusts also have access to this information., and why not? LightWolf had had a 3/3 hitrate (albeit some easy targets in my opinion), but he also had enough information to discover Bass was also mafia. I think MS's boldness is something that is characteristic of him that for him to not do so would be suspicious of him.

Your second pointis offbase. Metal Sonic has to continue his boldness. Furthermore, if he was so excited to lynch someone who he believed was scum, why not do it earlier? I think it was because he was laying low and did not want to attract attention to himself while LightWolf was alive and the village system would be so strong.

I question aska's decision to post to defend Metal Sonic when he also thinks it should be Metal Sonic to defend himself. I think that this defense implies that there is a connection between aska and Metal Sonic. The most likely explanation that I can think of is that aska and Metal Sonic are both on the same team, and aska is trying to cover for him. My vote still stands on Metal Sonic.

zorbees, I lynched A_G as he seemed scummy going from his previous posts. I haven't said much as I've just been following LW blindly, like everyone else who lacked a power role.

I'll post more thoughts tomorrow as its late here, but I don't agree with lynching Metal Sonic. I just reckon he's trolling just because this is NOC and why the hell not lol. Instead I'm gonna lynch someone who hasn't posted any thoughts at all; someone who we're gonna have to start asking questions about eventually. Lynch ginjaninja

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I had no reason other than you were on the sheet until you suggested that Sauron is a crazy information role. Can you elaborate on this? Typically in 1v1s, mafia do not have access to otherwise standard roles in 2v1 or 1v2 games, ex: kidnapper, silencer. I think it is more likely that a mole role existed than the information role suggested. After all, Smeagol had an actual mole role, why couldn't the mafia have one? They've been given fakes, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me if one of those fakes is an actual mole role.
It is of course possible, but I honestly don't know. I feel like most of the village power roles started dying before anyone currently on the sheet was added to it, and everyone who has been on the sheet and died has been town. Additionally, Frodo makes a lot of sense for the village to have, although we've seen games in the past (Jackie Chan Adventures being an ancient example, Everybody Votes being a more recent one) where the main characters are absent from the village. Like I said, I really don't know.

My top suspect is still Nachos, between being a late claimer and being on the A_G bandwagon, and not generally posting much, I think he is the most likely scum.

To stop Snype from getting lynched I'm fine with lynch nachos. Clearly I'm not sure about this, but I would rather have Snype around just because he is contributing.

Yea Snype seems to be town. He's the one who is talking and trying to rally the people. Lynching Snype is stupid and we don't have time to debate who the scummiest person atm.

Lynch Nachos

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I would prefer Nachos not be lynched because this is just someone else who seems like he could be contributing and I would feel bad about lynching someone because they seem offline, but Nachos was one of the few people in that AG vote that provided some sort of reasoning, though mostly piggybacking on me. I would rather lynch someone that hasn't posted much content, ex: TheGottemer or soviet because even if they are villagers, they seem rather useless to have alive, and having inactive villagers helps the mafia, especially in the endgame. I think Nachos could be village and this seems like a chance for Nachos to not be able to defend himself because of timezone issues.

I'm unconvinced. Did nachos avoid claiming, or did no one bother going to him because he subbed in?

If keeping snype around is important, I can Lynch Ginganinja instead. [EDIT: unvoted]

Last edited:

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh ok fine I'll post thoughts.

Firstly, I was called up for jury service since Monday, which has limited my actual interest in posting. You can ask any questions you like from me, I don't mind at all, but currently since LW cleaned me I have been attempting to solve the issue of trying to clean various Rohirrim / Gondor, since IMO it looks like the remaining mafia are hiding under these two specific claims. Billy, Nachos was late to claim, bandwagoned AG and hammered TIK from D1, and now hammers one of the few remaining clean villagers left alive.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For what its worth actually, can we get opinions on the various active and alive players on the whole Rohirrim thing. Since I would appreciate input on this, besides IPL whos all for it, I don't see many other opinions.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I would prefer lynching two people, but I'm guessing at best we would be able to do it next day, since it's close to deadline. Organizing the votes between the Rohirrim and non-Rohirrim might be tricky unless a lot of us agree on the exact two people to get rid of.

UncleSam

Leading this village
You all surround and eat tasty Nachos. Unfortunately, he was a Soldier of Gondor.

It is now Night 9. I'm going to set deadline at 24 hours HOWEVER if you wish to plan past that time CONTACT ME AND TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED THE EXTRA TIME FOR, and I will consider extending to 48 hours.

24 hours is Midnight EDT August 1st. OC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)