Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... how about them Mega Pokemon? We all remember a time when this was a fun thread about Megas for all mons, right?

I can see Ice/Fight Beartic with Sharp Claws because he's a big scary bear! It helps defensive by fact that you won't need as much Atk Evs and can invest them defensively to get the same results. Sadly you'll need to use Ice Punch over Ice Crash. Just add Drain Punch and Close Combat... maybe Earthquake?

So... how about them Mega Pokemon? We all remember a time when this was a fun thread about Megas for all mons, right?

I can see Ice/Fight Beartic with Sharp Claws because he's a big scary bear! It helps defensive by fact that you won't need as much Atk Evs and can invest them defensively to get the same results. Sadly you'll need to use Ice Punch over Ice Crash. Just add Drain Punch and Close Combat... maybe Earthquake?
That's exactly what I was thinking for Beartic. Perhaps it could also use Thunder Punch to actually hit Azumarill with something. Tough Claws is an especially cool ability because it's activated on Aqua Jet too, Beartic's only priority move.

I'm reeeaally feelin' Dry Skin for Haxorus. If any of my submissions in the next slate come close to winning, that'd better be it.

I'm personally thinking Hustle to make Hone Claws more viable; funnily enough, the accuracy drop from Hustle would be overcorrected, meaning moves like Icicle Crash and Play Rough hit more often. But Tough Claws certainly makes sense.

My worry about Ice/Fighting is that Beartic would need serious speed to compensate, as there's only so much bulk that can make up for that many weaknesses and so few resistances. That's why I'm thinking Ice/Water, which gives nice Aqua Jet STAB and also gives some handy resistances.

Dry Skin Haxorus is cool, but I'm a pretty big fan of Thick Fat Dragon/Steel Hax. Also the ability someone suggested to make Dragon moves hit Fairy seems pretty nice. Still, no matter what, Haxorus is gonna need to dump quite a few points in Special Attack to stop it from just murdering everything.

I'm personally thinking Hustle to make Hone Claws more viable; funnily enough, the accuracy drop from Hustle would be overcorrected, meaning moves like Icicle Crash and Play Rough hit more often. But Tough Claws certainly makes sense.

My worry about Ice/Fighting is that Beartic would need serious speed to compensate, as there's only so much bulk that can make up for that many weaknesses and so few resistances. That's why I'm thinking Ice/Water, which gives nice Aqua Jet STAB and also gives some handy resistances.

Dry Skin Haxorus is cool, but I'm a pretty big fan of Thick Fat Dragon/Steel Hax. Also the ability someone suggested to make Dragon moves hit Fairy seems pretty nice. Still, no matter what, Haxorus is gonna need to dump quite a few points in Special Attack to stop it from just murdering everything.
Ideally, Ice/Fighting Beartic would have Mach Punch, and those that its priority doesn't hit hard, it can take a hit from and hit hard back, or are bulky and slower than it. Tough Claws is almost made for it, but Hustle is also an option.

I don't really see Thick Fat working on Haxorus. Yeah, gaining further resistances are nice, but it just doesn't fit its deisgn.
On the other hand, it's definitely a tricky thing to make as it already has a terrifying Attack stat, good (but not great) speed and decent bulk.

I'm a bit worried about Hustle sweepers, since we already have 3 Hustle Megas: Primeape, Dunsparce, and Raticate. The latter two are also intended to abuse Hustle+Hone Claws, too, and 3 Megas all based on the same move combination might be pushing it. Unlike these three, Beartic doesn't already have Hustle, so if anything the pre-existing Megas have more claim to the ability, as they already have Hustle in the first place.

Dragon/Steel Haxorus is cool, I was considering it but put it aside since it wasn't exactly necessary, and I'd rather only change a Mega's typing if it fits very well flavorwise. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, though--by all means, make your submission Dragon/Steel! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Considering the amount of neat ideas for Haxorus being thrown around, this is one of the situations in which I wouldn't mind a tie. Thick Fat Dragon/Steel Haxorus sounds awesome, but its speed should be significantly lowered to avoid DD shenanigans. Just no Tough Claws, okay?

I think Steel is incredibly fitting for Haxorus as it's covered in armor and has axes for fangs. Plus, with that trollish base speed, it appreciates the resistances so it can set up (also fk u fairies).

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Going to spoil some aspects of my Haxorus submission since we're discussing it and it could give you all some ideas. I already decided Dragon/Steel before it was even discussed but it's more due to my idea of the Flavor concept I will provide. As for ability I'm just going to go with something simplistic such as Hyper Cutter or Intimidate. It's not ridiculous as something like Tough Claws, and the fact that by default it's probably going to get a good attack boost I just went with something simplistic. Yeah stat distribution for Hax is going to be tough although I know for sure I'm lowering speed. It'll help balance it out without adding too much of redundant boosts in something like Special Attack.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright here are the results, and Jay stop winning

Alomomola: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Alomomola

Type: Water -> Water

Ability: Healer/Hydration/Regenerator -> Regenerator
New Moves: None

HP: 165 -> 165
Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Def: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpA: 40 -> 50 (+10)
SpD: 45 -> 95 (+50)
Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Alomomola transforms into a fish that looks like a more realistic, pulsing heart, traumatizing younger players. Or maybe it gets a nurse's cap or something instead.

Competitive Concept: Alomomola is a medic through and through, and by god, it's gonna get buffed up. Its tremendous HP stat is now matched by great Defense and above-average Special Defense.

Complex? Hardly. But all Alomomola really needed was a boost in bulk like this to be more viable, as it's already pretty damn great in the right hands; if you haven't seen them yet, check out these awesome replays from Branflakes325.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-and-innovative-sets-no-shitty-gimmicks.3503558/.

Klinklang: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Klinklang
Type: Steel-> Steel/Electric
Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Technician
New Moves: Flame Wheel, Rapid Spin (come on, it's a rapidly spinning series of gears), Spark

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 100 ->140 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 125 (+10)
SpA: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 90 -> 110 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Sparks fly all around Klinklang's gears

Competitive Concept: Yeah, the most obvious way to go, but for good reason. The question is, what makes Klinklang different from Magnezone?

The answer? Shift Gear and Gear Grind. Klinklang veers physical, and its mega stats should reflect this with a healthy boost to Attack and a fun new speed tier.

Flame Wheel, Spark, and Rapid Spin were added for flavor and, in the case of Flame Wheel, some nifty coverage after Technician (Spark acting as a recoilless Wild Charge with a para chance isn't shabby either). After one Shift Gear, 252 Atk 252 Spd Adamant Mega Klinklang hits 598 speed, which is only beaten by the likes of Max Speed Choice Scarf Electrode; meanwhile, its attack rises to a terrifying 624. Moreover, Electric/Steel has the most resists/immunities of any existing type combo (11 resistances ). Whaddabeast.

Ferrothorn: Tie between JayHankEdLyon and zerobreaker000
Mega Ferrothorn

Type: Grass/Steel-> Grass/Steel
Ability: Iron Barbs/Anticipation -> Bulletproof
New Moves: None (do not give this monster Rapid Spin or Spiky Shield, folks; remember, regular Ferro would get them too!)

HP: 74 -> 85
Atk: 94 -> 124 (+30)
Def: 131 -> 171 (+40)
SpA: 54 -> 64 (+10)
SpD: 116 -> 146 (+30)
Spe: 20 -> 10 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Ferrothorn gains a few smaller vines to act as usable arms.

Competitive Concept: While I don't wish to change Ferrothorn's role as a bulky nightmare, I also want to make sure it plays a different role than its normal counterpart. Thus, I've made Ferro into an even greater wall, but stripped it of Iron Barbs, leaving regular Ferro its niche (particularly as Megathorn can't hold Rocky Helmet). Bulletproof is a decent ability, granting immunity from Aura Sphere and Focus Blast, but again, its stats are so good I wanted to make sure it still has kryptonite (hence a lack of Heatproof). I even considered Dry Skin to compound Ferro's Fire weakness, but Bulletproof fits flavor-wise better and Ferro's still a Mega, dammit, I don't want to overcorrect its power.

Beyond its now-titanic defenses, Ferrothorn's gained a nifty attack boost and an even lower speed, optimizing Gyro Ball's power. Otherwise, I'd imagine its role is largely the same, just with more overt defense and offense befitting a tank rather than using passive damage to punish physical attackers.

Mega Ferrothorn
Typing: Grass/Steel ----> Grass/Steel
Abilities: Iron Barbs/Anticipation ----> Tough Claws
BST: 74/94/131/54/116/20 ----> 74/139/156/54/136/30
New Moves: Drill Run, Stone Edge

Considering the defensive prowess of regular Ferrothorn, of course Mega Ferrothorn is going to be a physical one. Tough Claws boosts up most of Mega Ferrothorn's physical moves sans Stone Edge, and base 139 Atk is nothing to scoff at. Hone Claws as its only boosting move, the 30 speed which is incredibly slow, and the 4x Fire weakness does hold it back, however.

Eelektross: The Pizza Man (Click my Profile pick)
Mega Eelektross
Typing: Electric --> Electric/Water
Ability: Levitate --> Levitate
Stats: 85/115/80/105/80/50 --> 85/145/90/135/90/70
New Moves: Waterfall, Surf

Mega Eelektross has now taken a page out of Rotom-W's book and is now a Electric/Water type. While it is no longer a pokemon without a weakness but it does have quite a nice typing now with more resistances. It now has quite the attacking power on both sides. For the physical side, It can use a nice coil set up set that can do a nice amount of damage with STAB in Wild Charge and Waterfall and some nice coverage in Crunch and Rock Slide. On the special side, it can use a Acid Spray set with STAB on Thunderbolt and Surf and access to Flamethrower to hit those steel types immune to Acid Spray.

This post starts the submission period for Beheeyem, Chandelure, Haxorus, and Beartic

I fear that the winning Klinklang might be slightly overpowered with access to Flame Charge, but congrats to JayHankEdLyon for the wins!

Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Ability: Telepathy/Synchronize/Analytic -> Shiver (new ability already given to Noctowl)

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 75 -> 75
Def: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpA: 125 -> 190 (+65)
SpD: 95 -> 110 (+10)
Spe: 40 -> 40

Flavor Concept: With its telepathic powers, Mega Beheeyem makes the opponent Shiver, lowering its Special Attack.

Competitive Concept: Powerful wallbreaker hindered by poor typing and speed. Great mixed defenses and a useful ability let it tank several attacks when mixed with Recover, but the main reason to use Mega Beheeyem is its massive Special Attack combined with moves to target both of the opponent’s defenses. It can opt for a Nasty Plot set with Recover and two attacks or just no recovery and three attacks to deal truly heavy damage.

252+ SpA Beheeyem Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 266-314 (68.9 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Beheeyem Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Venusaur: 320-378 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Beheeyem: 141-166 (39.8 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252+ SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Beheeyem: 88-105 (24.8 - 29.6%) — 100% chance to 4HKO
Type: Ghost/Fire -> Ghost/Fire
Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator -> Levitate

Atk: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 105 (+15)
SpA: 145 -> 185 (+40)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Chandelure finally goes airborne and gets the ability it always deserved.

Competitive Concept: Just another kinda slow, kinda bulky wallbreaker. Chandelure has two of the best offensive types in the game, and can probably afford to run Taunt and Will-O-Wisp in addition to Fire Blast and Shadow Ball, its STAB moves of choice. Energy Ball is also a viable option to hit the likes of Tyranitar and Rotom.

252+ SpA Mega Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 164-194 (45 - 53.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 266-314 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 162-192 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 290-344 (104.3 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Type: Dragon -> Dragon
Ability: Rivalry/Mold Breaker/Unnerve -> Dry Skin

HP: 78 -> 78
Atk: 147 -> 177 (+30)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 85 (+25)
SpD: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Spe: 97 -> 87 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Haxorus has very scaly, and imaginably dry, skin; the ability thus fits. Upon Mega Evolution, Haxorus grows enormously and resembles a giant beetle with scaly, dragon-like skin.

Competitive Concept: One of the few Dragon Dance sweepers that does not fear Scald. I originally considered giving M-Haxorus Tough Claws, but then could find no way to make it balanced. Dry Skin provides utility, flavor, and balance for what would otherwise be an overpowered Mega sweeper.

+1 252+ Atk Mega Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 438-516 (108.4 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 285-336 (87.9 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 170-200 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
Type: Ice -> Ice/Fighting
Ability: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Thunder Punch, Close Combat

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Def: 80 -> 95 (+15)
SpA: 70 -> 70
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 50 -> 75 (+25)

Flavor Concept: Beartic already gets a bunch of Fighting-type moves, and it has a very aggressive appearance. Additionally, some Pokedex entries state that “it freezes its breath to create…claws of ice to fight with.” As such, I added Fighting and Tough Claws. Close Combat is added because it already gets Superpower, so why not add its near-clone? Also Thunder Punch kinda fits because why not.

Competitive Concept: Powerful physical wallbreaker with two fantastic offensive STABs and solid coverage. Mega Beartic can destroy most opponents with Ice Punch/Superpower/Thunder Punch/Aqua Jet. Perfect neutral coverage and decently powerful priority can wreak havoc without even setting up, but it falls to most faster opponents.

-1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Beartic Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 436-516 (114.1 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Beartic Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 193-228 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Beartic Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

zerobreaker000 On your submission... Ferro gets Curse. Combine that with Gyro Ball and...
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (89 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 205-243 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It 2HKOs TANGROWTH. Damn.

Ice ----> Ice/Water

Snow Cloak/Swift Swim ----> Refrigerate

95/110/80/70/80/50 ----> 95/150/95/85/95/65 (--/+40/+15/+15/+15/+15)

New Moves: Waterfall

Mega Beartic is a bulky and powerful Physical attacker. With Refrigerate, all of Mega Beartic’s Normal-type moves turn into Ice-type moves, as well as getting a 30% damage boost, meaning that it can spam insanely high-powered Return, Thrash, etc. The added Water type gives Mega Beartic STAB on Aqua Jet, and also gives it one more resistance to Water. Waterfall was added to give Mega Beartic a good Water type move to complement its new typing.

Man, thanks everyone! Happy to have changes made in case Technician Flame Wheel makes MegaKlang OP (I'm hoping not, though; still walled by Rotom W, still super weak to EQ, still vulnerable to burn).

Mega Beheeyem
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Telepathy/Synchronize/Analytic -> Analytic
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast (I mean the thing’s from outer space)

Def: 75 -> 125 (+50)
SpA: 125 -> 165 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 130 (+20)
Spe: 40 -> 20 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Beheeyem is now surrounded by a ring, like Saturn’s, and a few orbiting orbs.

Competitive Concept: Beheeyem’s pre-Mega concept is a wonderful one: a methodical attacker whose powerful Special Attack explodes thanks to Analytic and low speed, that can reverse on a dime through Trick Room to direct the flow of battle to its liking. With coverage moves like Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, and Signal Beam, alongside great support moves like Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, and Recover, it should by all accounts be a fantastic pokemon.

The problem? Mediocre bulk, combined with a shoddy defensive typing weak to both Pursuit and U-Turn. The solution? Give it a wonderful secondary type (which makes sense for flavor both from its role as an imp and the association of fairies with Clefable, another alien), and beef up that bulk. And while we’re add it, we might as well enhance that lovely special attack stat.

Beheeyem was already halfway there, it just needed a few nudges in the right direction to fully shine.

Mega Chandelure
Ability: Flame Body/Flash Fire/Infiltrator -> Flame Body

Atk: 55 -> 85 (+30)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 70 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Chandelure’s gains another layer of candles (so now has eight), and the three tiers burn in different intensity (reddish orange at the smallest at the edges, dark violet in the original layer of candles, and bright blue from its head).

Competitive Concept: Man I wanted to give our favorite lamp Shadow Tag, but even if I lowered its speed and took into account its terrible weakness to hazards, it’s still just too damn strong. Either the stats would go to its bulk to keep its attack power down, making it live so long it could kill certain pokes guaranteed, or its attack would skyrocket at the expense of its bulk, meaning it would still probably kill certain mons guaranteed.

Instead, I wanted to make Chandelure strong. Like, literally the second-strongest Special Attacker next to Mega Mewtwo Y. Its base form has the highest non-legendary Special Attack in the game barring Aegislash, so I wanted to play to its strengths. Moreover, it’s already got surprisingly good defenses, so I figured I’d make it bulky as well to accommodate for the aforementioned weakness to hazards. Its slightly reduced speed is to keep it from going wild, and I dumped the rest in Attack for the same reason.

The ability was my biggest dilemma, given I decided against Shadow Tag. I ultimately picked Flame Body to reflect its upgraded defenses; this Chandelure might actually take enough hits to have Flame Body activate a few times.

Mega Haxorus
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Steel
Ability: Rivalry/Mold Breaker/Unnerve -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Iron Head

HP: 76 -> 76
Atk: 147 -> 165 (+18)
SpA: 60 -> 95 (+35)
SpD: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Spe: 97 -> 99 (+2) (muahahahaha)

Flavor Concept: After heavily investing in Stark Industries, Haxorus gets a specially improved Iron Man suit. The Thick Fat is more like that of Venusaur or a bear than an actual gut.

Competitive Concept: At a glance, the most obvious idea for Haxorus might be Strong Jaw. But then we see its movepool, and look: not a single Fang move. No Crunch. Not even Bite. Absolutely nothing that would benefit from Strong Jaw. That’s because those aren’t plain ole teeth, they’re tusks, and he’s a goddamned “Axe Jaw” too busy smiting to bother with biting.

Instead, I’ve decided to take the sheer physicality of Haxorus, compounded by its armored bod, to invest in its bulk rather than its sweeping ability. Not only were its defenses buffed and Steel added to eliminate all three of its regular form's weaknesses at the cost of extra damage from Ground and Fighting, but with Thick Fat, it now actually resists Ice while maintaining its Fire resistance. Its mammoth attack has still improved, but not to the level of other Megas if you’re only into smashing heads. Its speed has also finally passed its trollish 97 tier...to an even more trollish 99. Finally, a healthy investment in Special Attack not only keeps the beast from getting too frenzied, but means it can hit a little hard with Draco Meteor if you’re of a mind to do so.

Mega Beartic
Type: Ice -> Ice/Water
Ability: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim -> Brute Force (All attacking moves are Physical. Users: Mamoswine, Ninjask, Tauros.)
New Moves: Ice Shard, Slack Off, Revenge

Atk: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Spe: 50 -> 50 (+0)

Flavor Concept: The icicle beard is now at Gandalf/Dumbledore/ZZ Top-levels.

Competitive Concept: This is a mean, lumbering bear. Its pitiful speed has not improved, nor has it gained any wisdom to boost its special attack. However, its secondary Water type now gives it STAB on Aqua Jet, which is always nice, and gives it an altogether superior defensive typing that supplements its added bulk.

The kicker, of course, is Brute Force, our new ability that transforms Special Attacks to Physical. What does this mean? Well first off, Physical Ice Beam entirely outclasses Icicle Crash, with better BP, better accuracy, and a freeze chance instead of a flinch chance for such a slow mon. Physical Surf is similarly powerful, and Beartic also suddenly has Grass coverage with Physical Grass Knot. Moreover, Captain Cold still has nifty coverage in Play Rough, Shadow Claw/Night Slash, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, and Superpower/Low Kick (and Revenge, as seen below).

Revenge is added because, like Avalanche, it takes advantage of Beartic's godawful speed. Ice Shard supplements Aqua Jet to give our slow bear dual STAB priority to pick and choose from. Finally, Slack Off is added just to help keep Beartic alive. Yes, 95/130/120 is fantastic bulk, and Water helps Ice’s brittle nature, but the bear’s still weak to Electric, Grass, Fighting, Rock, every form of hazard (including SR weakness), and every status but Freeze.

(I am so excited for the next slate!)

Last edited:
Repost because I ended up making it back in time for submissions.
Beheeyem

Beheeyem

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic/Steel (like a UFO [LGM-->BEM-->UFO])
Abilities: Telepathy / Synchronize / Analytic -----> Analytic
BST: 75/75/75/125/95/40 -----> 75/120/79/150/123/38
Moves: Flash Cannon

Weeee, I'm back! (at least for this one). So here's Mega Beheeyem, a Pokemon based off of aliens (particularly those depicted in western media, such as little green men and "men in black"). A few months ago there was quite a bit of support for a Psychic/Steel Mega for Beheeyem based off of UFOs, that was unfortunately put aside due to not meeting the requirements set for the project (100 BST, no HP boosts, etc.) Now that Beheeyem is back on the slate, here's my take on that idea, and how it is intended to work in the metagame.

To start off, a major difference between how the project was at its start and how it is now is the simple fact that we've already created a bunch of new Megas, and many ideas intended for later generations have now been already done or outclassed by Megas from earlier generations (such a process is only natural, however--hence the reason why some new Pokemon compete for niches with older ones). Analytic is an ability that has been used quite often before, namely in three cases: Dodrio, Hitmonchan, and Slowking. How would Mega Beheeyem with Analytic be different from these previous Megas and earn itself a separate niche?

Well, for starters, Beheeyem uses Analytic entirely differently from Dodrio and Hitmonchan. The latter two are not particularly slow; they use Analytic to discourage the foe from switching, as the switch-in would be hit 30% harder. Mega Beheeyem, with its base 35 Speed on the other hand, is intended to use it against all foes, whether the opponent switches or not. This it has in common with Mega Slowking. Slowking, however, is intended to be far bulkier; 95/90/130 bulk with Slack Off orients it torwards defensive offense, and its Water-typing gifts it with a whole plethora of different strengths, weaknesses, checks, and counters from Beheeyem's Steel-type (Fire resistance rather than weakness, Grass weakness instead of resistance, and so on). Beheeyem also takes a more offensive route; sure, 123 Special Defense is nice, but 75 base HP and 79 base Defense isn't nearly as good. While Slowbro can afford to set up a Calm Mind or two thanks to its bulk, Beheeyem is designed to be a more straightforward attacker; while Nasty Plot is a decent move for it, its low Speed, mediocre Defense, and lack of priority or healing (there's a reason why I didn't give it Bullet Punch) makes setting up a very bad idea until one is sure the opponent's physical attackers all have been taken down. To compensate for this, however, is its 150 Special Attack and virtually guaranteed Analytic. This means its moves will be hitting with off of an effective 195 Special Attack (or a respectable 156 Attack if one is so inclined); what Mega Slowking has in survivability and bulk Beheeyem trades in for brute force.

The neat thing about Analytic rather than just straight-up boosting Beheeyem's offenses is that it gives Beheeyem more flexibility during team-building. Had I just given it raw attack power, it could have easily become broken by switching on a resisted Special Attack and then setting up Trick Room; Analytic, however, discourages the use of Trick Room on a pure attacking Beheeyem set, as the boost would be lost if Beheeyem moves first (which, based on its Speed, it almost always will). On the other hand, 120/150 offenses are still solid on their own, so Beheeyem could forgo its Analytic boost in favor of Trick Room and a set-up move. While Beheyeem is indeed capable of frightening power, however, it is offset by the fact that this Pokemon needs quite a bit of team support. Trick Room Beheeyem would likely need other Trick Room users, for example--while it sounds easy enough, the likely fact is that the most desirable Trick Room users in this metagame--Dimensional Warp Reuniclus and Field Warp Xatu--are incompatible with Beheeyem thanks to its Mega status. While this Pokemon seems strong in this current metagame, it likely won't be so in a Mega-filled one; auto- and 8-turn Trick Room will be tough things to compete with, particularly since the former two Megas can support a variety of non-Mega Pokemon whereas Beeheyem would likely require the opposite (multiple non-Mega Pokemon to support a single Mega). Analytic Beeheyem has to deal with the fact that it is both slow and average in the physical defense department; virtually all priority moves are physical anyways (sorry Vacuum Wave), making this really a problem for Trick Room Beheeyem as well. Beheeyem can't function at its full capacity until all physical threats are eliminated, since staying in on a variety of common physical OU threats would likely spell doom for it. A lack of priority compounds it, giving it no options besides switching or taking a hit when faced with a faster (read: any) foe. Additionally, dedicated Special walls are more commonly used than Physical ones, thanks to the pink blobs, making 150 Special Attack a bit less threatening than a similar Attack stat. Finally, Steel is ultimately a mixed bag for Beheeyem; thanks to the Gen VI changes, it no longer gifts it with the two neutralities it most desparately wants--Dark and Ghost, which would have been even more useful in today's metagame had it gained them. A Fire-weakness also doesn't help, particularly with Talonflame and Heatran running around in OU. A Bug resistance, while nice, doesn't really come up too often. Poison immunity is a small bonus in that it is now immune to the status itself, but as a Psychic-type Beheeyem didn't have much problem with Poison-types in the first place. Perhaps the biggest gift the Steel-type gave to it was a resistance and super-effective STAB against Fairy-types, a niche that no current Mega Analytic user boasts; it certainly has its uses, considering how prominent the type is in the metagame.

Beheeyem distances itself from other Analytic users by actually being able to take advantage of it the majority of the time, while maintaining an offensive bias rather than a defensive one. A need for substantial team support and stiff competition with similar Pokemon keeps it from being overly centralizing, while a lack of decent physical bulk and HP in combination with its low Speed and lack of priority or healing limits its ability to shine without some skilled prediction and strategy. Still, its raw power and strategic potential when placed in the right hands is tantalizing, and certainly makes Mega Beheeyem worth consideration for the Mega spot of some potentially great teams.

Chandelure

Chandelure

Typing: Ghost/Fire -----> Ghost/Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire / Flame Body / Infiltrator -----> Entrap (Grip Claw in ability form; trapping moves will always last their maximum duration)
BST: 60/55/90/145/90/80 -----> 60/85/100/175/110/95
Moves: None

This one was fun! =3

Quick! When I say Chandelure, say the first thing that comes to your mind. If you said Shadow Tag, then you also probably know how hyped this Pokemon was when people first found out about its Hidden Ability in Gen V. You also probably know that for all intents and purposes in standard battling, Shadow Tag Chandelure doesn't exist, as GF changed it to Infiltrator in Gen VI. Perhaps this was for the better, since as we have seen with Mega Gengar, a Ghost-type with great Special Attack, nice Speed, and Shadow Tag is a recipe for banishment to Ubers. But since Chandelure is so associated with trapping (at least in my mind), why not make a Mega that incorporated it in a way different from how Arena Trappers and Shadow Taggers do it now?

According to most sources, Chandelure hunts prey by surrounding them in a vortex of flames and burning away its victim's soul. As mortifying as that sounds, this is probably the basis of its Shadow Tag ability--it traps the foe and prevents its escape, just as the ability does. But Shadow Tag is something we want to avoid with Chandelure, especially since it is getting a 100-point boost to its stats as a Mega. How else could we make trapping, an integral part of both its flavor and its hype competitively last generation, a part of this Pokemon without resorting to the ability? Well, when one mentions a "vortex of flames", one particular move comes to mind: Fire Spin.

Semi-trapping moves are interesting in that they are in theory useful, and occasionally even see a rare bout of competitive play (see: Infestation). However, their traditional lack of reliabilty due to ranging from 2-5 turns has made them not very desirable in most matches, where even a single turn can decide the victor. Gen V helped by bumping the minimum number of turns up to 4, and while they are now occasionally still seen in the metagame, they certain aren't something that most people explicitly prepare for while teambuilding.

Entrap is a simple ability, both in terms of its effect and its coding (it's an item in ability form, like how Sturdy is for the Focus Sash and Aftermath is for the Jaboca Berry). Chandelure's main--and only--use for it is Fire Spin, a move that, though weak in power, is mainly intended to be used for its effect. With Entrap, Chandelure simulates Shadow Tag for 5 turns on the opponent, with the added bonus of the opponent losing 5/8ths of its HP plus the initial damage over the effect's duration. Now, you might say, "but Clap! 5 turns is more than enough for Mega Chandelure to completely wreck havoc on the opponent's team! Surely such an ability is going to destroy the entire metagame!" 5 turns would indeed be plenty for Chandelure to obliterate most teams with Shadow Tag; semi-trapping moves aren't quite the same as trapping, however (as the name implies), and carry a variety of limitations that help keep what would be a very scary Pokemon in balance.

Firstly, Fire Spin has an accuracy of 85%; for reference, that is just a tad higher than the infamously shaky Stone Miss. Of course, relying on luck is by no means a way to keep a Pokemon in check, but it is something that makes it a bit unreliable, and not just a straightforward Pokemon. The key difference between Shadow Tag and semi-trapping, besides the turn limit, is the fact that a semi-trapping move won't take effect until after the opponent switches, as switching always occurs before attacks (unless you're using Pursuit, which as no bearing on this anyways). This is huge; what primarily made Shadow Tag so scary is that the user got to choose who gets trapped; it was ridiculously easy to simply switch in on set-up bait and proceed to, well, set-up and sweep. Pokemon were made entirely irrelevant simply because they were too easy to get set-up on by trappers. With semi-trapping moves, it is the opponent that gets to choose who is trapped, rather than the user. This entirely changes how trapping is handled; Chandelure can't just switch in on set-up fodder to set up, since the opponent could switch into a counter to get trapped by Fire Spin instead, forcing Chandelure to switch and putting the user at a disadvantage rather than an advantage by giving the opponent a free turn. Instead of blindly and uncompetitively winning matches simply by switching on the right Pokemon, semi-trapping makes strategy a prime factor in determining how the game is played out. The opponent gets to choose who is trapped, for starters, so winning is not just a matter of setting up and sweeping. Instead, using Team Preview to gauge which Pokemon would be able to deal most effectively with the user's team becomes the main goal. The user then gets to switch in a Pokemon to deal with the one the opponent switched in--at this point, 2 turns of the trapping have been used up (one to use Fire Spin, the other to switch Chandelure to a counter for the Pokemon the opponent switched in). 3 turns of trapping is far more manageable for players than the indefinite number of turns Shadow Tag allowed. And of course, there are Pokemon that just outright ignore trapping altogether--primarily other Ghost-types, but also the Shed Shell user one sees now and then to avoid Magnezone and other trappers (as well as Flash Fire users in Chandelure's particular case). The one other notable thing Fire Spin does that Shadow Tag doesn't, however, is allow the trapper to switch; while it burns a turn of the trapping to do so, the ability to switch opens up a whole new avenue of strategies that become possible with semi-trapping.

I went very sparingly with the stat boosts, and gave it no moves at all, since Chandelure wasn't exactly weak to begin with and easy semi-trapping is a powerful thing to give to a Pokemon. For starters, I dumped 30 of the 100 points into Attack just to ensure this thing wouldn't get too out of hand. 175 Special Attack seems high, but considering that Chandelure has the second-highest Special Attack out of all non-legendary, non-Mega Pokemon, it would only be fitting if it had one of the higher Special Attacks as well. 100/110 defenses keeps Chandelure frail while preventing its Special Attack from going much higher, while 95 Speed is almost-fast-but-not-fast-enough-to-outspeed-base-100s (and rather slow for a Mega that wasn't already slow to begin with). Typing was fine, so I didn't see much reason to change it. The real star of Mega Chandelure is its ability, which gives it a unique niche that no other Pokemon in OU, even previous Megas from the submissions, have really capitalized on.

TL;DR: Chandelure continues its focus on trapping, but instead of capitalizing on the arguably broken Shadow Tag, it instead focuses on the unique semi-trapping abilities move like Fire Spin offer. The key thing that keeps it balanced is that the opponent can switch before being trapped, allowing him or her to choose who gets trapped rather than the user choosing as he or she does when using Shadow Tag or Arena Trap. A limited number of turns also prevents strategies like stalling and boosting from being viable with semi-trapping; however, the ability to switch and keep the opponent trapped also creates a variety of new options that no other Pokemon in OU can, making Mega Chandelure a unique choice for one's coveted Mega spot.

EDIT: I'm still iffy about the Special Attack. I tweaked it based on someone's comment, but I'm still not too sure about it. Some comments would definitely help.

Haxorus

Haxorus

Typing: Dragon -----> Dragon
Abilities: Rivalry / Mold Breaker / Unnerve -----> Valiant (Can hit Fairy-types [Scrappy/Corrosion clone])
BST: 76/147/90/60/70/97 -----> 76/162/120/90/80/112
Moves: Fire Punch

The return of Gen V Dragons... sort of. Let me explain.

So Haxorus partially bypasses the nerf to Dragon-types brought by Gen VI through its ability, which enables it to hit Fairy-types neutrally and restoring its reputation as a solid neutrally-hitting attacking type circa Gen V. Everything else about it more or less stays the same; it's still a pure-Dragon type, it's still a physical attacker, and it still is an armor-plated dragon with blades sticking out of its face.

Speaking of armor plating and blades, while this doesn't affect Mega Haxorus competitively, its Pokedex descriptions emphasizing its armor and valiance did. In my head, Mega Haxorus becomes a bit knight-like; not overtly so to the point where it gains a Steel-typing, but enough so that it becomes worthy of an ability with a name like "valiant".

Just like in Gen V, Haxorus has two main tools at its disposal to hit the majority of OU relatively hard: Dragon Dance and Outrage. While the former is still used often in OU, the latter has taken a huge hit from the last generation, thanks to the fact that Fairies are completely immune to the move. Haxorus gets around this via its ability, enabling it to use Outrage just as effectively as it did before (Steel-types are just as big of a problem, too). Fire Punch is a small buff that helps it muscle through Steel-types, though Outrage will deal more against anything else weak to Fire thanks to the STAB boost. Its Attack stat is buffed by 15 points, which while nice, doesn't quite compensate for the loss of an item. A Defense boost to 120 and a Speed boost past the critical base 100, however, compensate for this, making Haxorus's weaker initial power a smaller problem when it can both boost and cause switches more easily. Haxorus becomes a Dragon that, against all odds, has the ability to become a Fairy slayer; Outrage cleanly 2HKO's a max defense Clefable, for perspective.

Just as Haxorus has all the benefits of a Gen V Dragon, however, it also has all of the weaknesses. Primarily, Steel still walls Haxorus just as well as it does other Dragons. Fire Punch helps a bit, but 75 BP without STAB is unlikely to take down Steels that haven't already been previously weakened, particularly since many OU Steels are stronger in physical Defense. Additionally, while it can hit Fairy-types for neutral damage, it still take super-effective damage from Fairy-type attacks. Haxorus will still despise a Moonblast just as much as any other Dragon-type (besides Hydreigon, but you get my point). Take that 2HKO I mentioned earlier on Clefable; while Haxorus can indeed take the Fairy-type down in two Outrages, a Clefable with some investment can also OHKO Haxorus with a Moonblast. It may not be able to switch in on Outrage like it can most Dragons, but it can certainly make short work of Haxorus with some careful prediction. Finally, while often overlooked, confusion is not the best thing to be stuck with when your Pokemon has Dragon Dance boosts stacked up. Since Mega Haxorus will be holding Haxorusite, a Lum Berry isn't an option for it to cure its status (or avoid burns, for that matter). This means the player will be forced to take a chance with confusion or switch and lose their boosts once Outrage ends. However, this isn't to say that Haxorus has too many drawbacks to use, by any means--other than the Fairy-weakness, these are all problems Dragons have faced since Gen IV, and ones that they have been able to overcome to dominate the metagames of both generations. Mega Haxorus gives the Gen VI metagame a taste of what a substantial threat the type can be when blessed with a few of the perks it had in previous years.

Mega Haxorus makes use of its ability to turn Fairy-type counters into simply checks; it makes the time-tested combination of Dragon Dance and Outrage once again viable, even in a metagame filled with Fairy-types. In short, Mega Haxorus shifts a time-tested Pokemon archetype from past generations and adapts it to the new generation, bringing about the return of the dragon.

Beartic

Beartic

Typing: Ice -----> Ice/Water
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Swift Swim -----> Clear Ice (neutrally-damaging moves do 75% damage; counterpart of Filter/Solid Rock)
BST: 95/110/80/70/80/50 -----> 95/140/120/70/110/50
Moves: Waterfall

I will continue submitting Clear Ice until something gets in with it (for those of you who've joined the project more recently, I put Clear Ice for every Ice-type Mega I submit, though I think I'll have the best chance once we get to either Cryogonal or Avalugg [or hey, even both!]). With it, Beartic half-resists Fire, Normal, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, and Fairy. Defensive Ice sucks for the most part, but a 25% reduction on neutral moves mitigates this a bit. It's not a full resistance, but it helps give Beartic a bit more survivability (the list of types seems like a lot, but it is primarily for switching in on attacks; most opponents will be more likely to exploit its Electric, Grass, Fighting, or Ground weaknesses anyways, especially since all four are common in OU).

Beartic embraces its design as a polar bear and becomes a bulky attacker (just like the animal in real life, if you think about it). 95/120/110 isn't amazing for a Mega, but it certainly isn't bad, and its ability helps further its bulkiness as well. Beartic is already stronger connected to water as a polar bear; many of its Pokedex entries mention swimming, it has Swift Swim as a hidden ability, and it is able to learn Surf. From this, it is only natural that it gains the Water-typing upon Mega evolution. Adding types to Ice rarely hurts, since it needs all the resistances that it can get. Ice/Water also has precedence in OU as seen by Cloyster; while the latter is a quick and relatively frail (I'm of course talking about after a Shell Smash, whereas before using the move it would be quite the opposite), Mega Beartic aims to be slow but bulky.

I added Waterfall to its movepool as a physical Water STAB; it already has both Aqua Jet and Surf, so Waterfall isn't much of a stretch at all. 140 Attack is nice; not the best for a Mega, but certainly decent given the Pokemon's bulk. I kept Beartic's speed the same so that it would be able to utilize Avalanche. A 120-BP Ice-type STAB move coming off of a base 140 Attack is certainly nothing to scoff at. Finally, Bulk Up is a standard move for bulky sweepers, and Beartic is no different; Between Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Avalanche, and Bulk Up, Beartic certainly has enough moves to round out a solid movepool (also Superpower if one feels so inclined).

Mega Beartic isn't very complicated, nor does it embrace a quirky concept like some of my other submissions do. It gets the job done, however; a nice Attack stat, good bulk, a decent ability, and a powerful STAB move make it a solid choice for some teams without excessive need to build a team around it.

zerobreaker000 On your submission... Ferro gets Curse. Combine that with Gyro Ball and...
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (89 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 205-243 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It 2HKOs TANGROWTH. Damn.
Still get walled by Skarmory, though.
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (105 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 114-134 (34.1 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
And it can't really set up in front of Skarmory lest it get Whirlwinded.
Plus, investing in Atk means you miss out on bulk, which compounded with the lack of leftovers and recovery should make it easier to kill.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 520-616 (147.7 - 175%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 456-540 (129.5 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yeah...

Also, submissions!

Mega Beheeyem
Typing: Psychic ----> Psychic/Rock
Abilities: Telepathy/Synchronize/Analytic ----> Dimension Wrap (Sets up Trick Room upon Mega Evolution and switch-in.)
BST: 75/75/75/125/95/40 ----> 75/90/110/175/95/40
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Power Gem

I'll admit, when I decide to use the Psychic/Rock typing I didn't exactly thought about the flavor first. I suppose you can contribute the secondary typing to some sort of asteroid... Psychic/Rock have a surprisingly large coverage, larger than either Psychic/Ghost or Psychic/Fighting, in fact. Power Gem is added for STAB, and Aura Sphere is for coverage against Steel- and Dark-types. Despite Mega Reuniclus also possessing Dimension Wrap, they play rather differently. While Mega Beheeyem is more powerful than Mega Reuniclus, it's also frailer and the higher base speed means it'll outsped(slowed?) by some of those that can't outspeed(slow?) Mega Reuniclus, which makes it easier to take out.

Mega Chandelure
Typing: Ghost/Fire ----> Ghost/Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ----> Scorch Bind (Traps opponent for 3 turns on switch in/Mega evolving; Fire- and Ghost-types are not affected.)
BST: 60/55/90/145/90/80 ----> 60/70/105/180/105/100

This is my attempt at making a Mega Chandelure with something similar to Shadow Tag, but not as OP. The original concept with Fire Spin, while possess a chance at missing, traps the opponent for 5 turns which is ample time for Chandelure to setup into an absolute nuke. Scorch Bind's 3 turn should give Mega Chandelure to set up a few Calm Minds or boost its speed with Flame Charge, but not enough to break it. Still, I dumped quite a few points to Atk and defenses, but with 100 speed, 180 Sp.Atk and good moves, Mega Chandelure would be a great sweeper.

Mega Haxorus
Typing: Dragon ----> Dragon
Abilities: Rivalry/Mold Breaker/Unnerve ----> Mold Breaker
BST: 76/147/90/60/70/97 ----> 76/182/130/100/85/67
New Moves: Flamethrower, Bulk Up

Haxorus is incredibly strong already, I mean, look at that 147 Atk. Mega Haxorus while abandons its somewhat alright speed, got much tanky physically in return and finally got a usable Sp.Atk stat. Its bulk give it many chance at setting up Bulk Ups, and once you start doing so, Mega Haxorus gets even more bulky:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 192-228 (53.9 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 254-302 (71.3 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 204-242 (57.3 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mold Breaker is there because I don't really think there's much ability that fits Haxorus and won't break the metagame, and it's not like it really need a custom ability anyways. Its Sp.Def is still not that great, so revenge killing with special moves should not be too hard.

Mega Beartic
Typing: Ice ----> Ice/Fighting
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim ----> Swift Swim
BST: 95/110/80/70/80/50 ----> 95/150/105/70/90/75
New Moves: Close Combat, Thunder Punch, Drain Punch

The increase in bulk and speed, as well as Swift Swim, makes Mega Beartic a good sweeper in the rain. Ice/Fighting gives STAB in Close Combat and Drain Punch, depending on which one you prefer, and Thunder Punch is there for coverage against Water-types. Beartic's nice 95/105/90 bulk gives it quite a bit of time to set-up Bulk Ups, which buff its Atk even further. Sadly running Mega Beartic means you can't use other megas to setup rain, and thus must use Politoed. Ice/Fighting also have quite a lot of weaknesses, which might be another problem.

EDIT:
(I am so excited for the next slate!)
Ah yes, Accelgor-
Waaaaait.
The slate after that.
BISHARP.

Type: Dragon -> Dragon
Ability: Rivalry/Mold Breaker/Unnerve -> Mold Breaker

Atk: 147 -> 187 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SpA: 60 -> 75 (+15)
SpD: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Spe: 97 -> 97

This Mega keeps it nice and simple, while not too overpowered, because we already know what Haxorus' MO is - try to Dragon Dance up and start slaughtering. The attack stat is almost too perfect because in addition to allowing it to better '187' things (go listen to some old Dr. Dre if you don't get the reference), it's commensurate with the boosts Megas with a similarly high base stat have gotten.

It keeps the 97 base speed partly because that's one of the main things I think of when I think Haxorus, but also to keep it from being too fast after a Dragon Dance. I thought about giving it Hyper Cutter, but based on the ability's distribution it looks to be more for Pokemon with huge claws. The Defense boost is the main reason you'd use Mega Haxorus over keeping your Mega slot open by using a regular one with a Lum Berry; it doesn't turn Haxorus into a physical wall by any means but provides some useful insurance against priority moves. For example, LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch goes from 61.6-72.7% to 46.1-54.7%. Thought of going the Dragon/Steel route, but since this is more physically defensive, it's better to not be weak to Fighting and Ground than it is to be neutral to Fairy and Ice since the former two types are much more commonly seen on physical attackers.

The other stat boosts are just to keep it from being too overpowered. Special Defense remains a relative weakness for Mega Haxorus.

Ability: Telepathy/Synchronize/Analytic -> Protean
New Moves: Focus Blast

75/75/100/175/120/40
SpA: 125 -> 175 (+50)
SpD: 95 -> 120 (+25)

The Pokemon based on 1950s sci-fi aliens gets modernized as it Mega Evolves. Beeheyem the Prot(h)ean is still slow after emerging from its stasis pod, but its defenses remain quite respectable in this cycle of Pokemon battling. Just like Javik with Lift Grenades, Mega Beeheyem annihilates stuff with its special/biotic attacks - Mega Tyranitar is cleanly OHKOed with Protean Focus Blast. Yes, I was just as surprised as you were that Beeheyem doesn't normally get Focus Blast. If the Mega Beeheyem player has the proper coverage moves and is predicting correctly, it's nearly impossible to stall out. Instead, it must be taken out through offensive pressure; its mediocre HP and low speed means that while it may be able to tank a hit and KO something, it will be left at low enough health to be easily revenged.

Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator -> Spirit Absorb (Heals 1/4th of max HP after a KO)
New Moves: N/A

Atk: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpA: 145 -> 190 (+45)
Spe: 80 -> 80

Chandelure becomes more of a special tank, with some points in Attack to make sure it's not too overpowered. Despite Chandy's defenses, weaknesses to all entry hazards and common priority moves limit its survivability - that's where Spirit Absorb comes in. It's basically the exact opposite of Aftermath (-25% to opponent when you're KOed vs. +25% to you when you get a KO). Here's a great example of how it works:

252+ SpA Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 344-406 (85.1 - 100.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 150-176 (57.4 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Chandelure is threatening a KO on some crucial member of your opponent's team. Chandy's taken a couple dings throughout the battle - maybe it came in on Stealth Rock and took a round of Toxic damage. Normally, your opponent would be able to death fodder something and revenge kill with Azumarrill's Aqua Jet, but Spirit Absorb pushes Mega Chandelure out of that range, allowing it to continue smacking things with that 190 Special Attack.

Type: Ice -> Ice/Water
Ability: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim -> Swift Swim
New Moves: Waterfall

Atk: 110 -> 140 (+40)
Def: 80 -> 95 (+15)
SpD: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Spe: 50 -> 60 (+10)

Just because there are a bunch of new Megas doesn't mean that weather's going to be useless all of a sudden, right? The added Water typing plus Waterfall helps Beartic realize its potential as a physical Swift Swimmer that can help Rain teams address Grass type threats.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So here are my submissions. One of my favorite slates so far and looking forward to more slates.
Mega Beheeyem
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Electric
Abilities: Telepathy/Synchronize/Analytic -> Levitate

SpA: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Spe: 40 -> 50 (+10)
BST: 485 -> 585

Flavor Concept: Beheeyems design is based of an alien so went with an idea that electric surges would be occurring around its body.

Competitive Concept: Ok so I always wondered why this thing never got Levitate, cause it's pretty much levitating so went with that. The ability helps to compensate its added typing as well, speaking of which adds some new resistances such as steel and electric. A general stat boost with emphasis in Special Attack and still functions as a staple Trick Room mon.

Mega Chandelure
Abilities: Flash Fire/FlameBody/Infiltrator -> White Smoke

Atk: 55 -> 55 (+0)
SpD: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 95 (+15)
BST: 520 -> 620

Flavor Concept: The fire on Chandelure now will be burning as a pure white hue. The number of torches are increased and there is a white flame Halo above its head.

Competitive Concept: The hilarious thing about Chandelure is that it learns Taunt, which I'm going to have to try out more in UU sometime in the future. With this in mind I went with a concept of something that can ignore stat drops from things like Sticky Web as well as filling the role of a wall breaker, stall breaker, or set up sweeper with Calm Mind.

Mega Haxorus
Abilities: Rivalry/MoldBreaker/Unnerve -> Hyper Cutter

Atk: 147 -> 187 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Spe: 97 -> 82 (-15)
BST: 540 -> 640

Flavor Concept: The tusks on its face are larger, with sharp knees, elbows, spikes protruding from its back, and an ax at the end of the tail.

Competitive Concept: Added a steel typing to emphasis its aesthetic changes as well as negating its original weaknesses down to only fighting and ground. Large boost in attack and defense and special defense as well as a special attack boost for some balance. Drop in speed to compliment the typing and aesthetic. Hyper Cutter to prevent attack drops so that it can consistently do its job without worrying about things like Intimidate.

Mega Beartic
Type: Ice -> Ice
Abilities: SnowCloak/SwiftSwim -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Freeze Dry

Atk: 110 -> 110 (+0)
Def: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpD: 80 -> 130 (+40)
Spe: 50 -> 60 (+10)

Flavor Concept: A thicker more husky version of Beartic. Bigger paws with ice around them that are used to block attacks.

Competitive Concept: I mean it's a polar bear so I thought it made sense that Thick Fat would work as the ability. Small increase in special attack and speed with the majority of its stat boosts in both defenses. Freeze Dry kind of made sense as a new move, at the very least an obtainable egg move considering its move pool is pretty abysmal right now. Outside of that move I really didn't see any other reason for it to have new moves in terms of this concept alone.

Would it be okay if the swordsman ability were renamed blademaster so it could make sense on a Haxorus and other sharp slicers that don't use swords or don't have a Y chromosome?

Last edited:
Mega Haxorus
Abilities: Rivalry/MoldBreaker/Unnerve -> Intimidate
New Moves: Seismic Toss, Recover

Atk: 147 -> 147
Def: 90 -> 130(+40)
SpA: 60 -> 80(+20)
SpD: 70 -> 100(+30)
Spe: 97 -> 107(+10)

DEFENSIVE HAXORUS

Mega Chandelure
Type: Fire/Ghost -> Fire/Dark
WIP from here on
Abilities: ->
New Moves:

HP:
Atk:
Def:
SpA:
SpD:
Spe:
BST:

Last edited:
Mega Haxorus
Type: Dragon>>>Dragon/Steel
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 76/147/90/60/70/97>>>76/172/100/115/100/77
Movepool: +Iron Head
The attack+TC means it does the same amount as adamant CB when it has an adamant nature. Its bulk isn't too good. Its speed lets it get outsped by more pokemon(particularly here) and get OHKOd.
Steel is because it's the axe pokemon. Iron head is because steel and it has a head.

Mega Beartic
Type: Ice>>>Ice/Fighting
Ability: Swift Swim
Stats: 95/110/80/70/80/50>>>95/160/90/80/90/70
Movepool: +Close Combat
Fighting oughtta be self explanatory.
It already had swift swim.
In the rain it's a beast with boosted speed, good stabs, and pseudo-stab aqua jet.

Mega Beheeyem
Type: Psychic>>>Psychic/Electric
Ability: Probing(or some other name)(this pokemons attacks have a 30% chance to disable the foes last move)
Stats: 75/75/75/125/95/40>>>75/95/95/175/105/40
Movepool: same
Electric is beacause it communicates by flashing the lights in its fingers.
The ability is because beheeyem is able to control opponents.

I'm amazed/flattered that so many people are using my submission format. On a different note,
Repost because I ended up making it back in time for submissions.
Beheeyem

Beheeyem

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic/Steel (like a UFO [LGM-->BEM-->UFO])
Abilities: Telepathy / Synchronize / Analytic -----> Analytic
BST: 75/75/75/125/95/40 -----> 75/120/79/150/123/38
Moves: Flash Cannon

Weeee, I'm back! (at least for this one). So here's Mega Beheeyem, a Pokemon based off of aliens (particularly those depicted in western media, such as little green men and "men in black"). A few months ago there was quite a bit of support for a Psychic/Steel Mega for Beheeyem based off of UFOs, that was unfortunately put aside due to not meeting the requirements set for the project (100 BST, no HP boosts, etc.) Now that Beheeyem is back on the slate, here's my take on that idea, and how it is intended to work in the metagame.

To start off, a major difference between how the project was at its start and how it is now is the simple fact that we've already created a bunch of new Megas, and many ideas intended for later generations have now been already done or outclassed by Megas from earlier generations (such a process is only natural, however--hence the reason why some new Pokemon compete for niches with older ones). Analytic is an ability that has been used quite often before, namely in three cases: Dodrio, Hitmonchan, and Slowking. How would Mega Beheeyem with Analytic be different from these previous Megas and earn itself a separate niche?

Well, for starters, Beheeyem uses Analytic entirely differently from Dodrio and Hitmonchan. The latter two are not particularly slow; they use Analytic to discourage the foe from switching, as the switch-in would be hit 30% harder. Mega Beheeyem, with its base 35 Speed on the other hand, is intended to use it against all foes, whether the opponent switches or not. This it has in common with Mega Slowking. Slowking, however, is intended to be far bulkier; 95/90/130 bulk with Slack Off orients it torwards defensive offense, and its Water-typing gifts it with a whole plethora of different strengths, weaknesses, checks, and counters from Beheeyem's Steel-type (Fire resistance rather than weakness, Grass weakness instead of resistance, and so on). Beheeyem also takes a more offensive route; sure, 123 Special Defense is nice, but 75 base HP and 79 base Defense isn't nearly as good. While Slowbro can afford to set up a Calm Mind or two thanks to its bulk, Beheeyem is designed to be a more straightforward attacker; while Nasty Plot is a decent move for it, its low Speed, mediocre Defense, and lack of priority or healing (there's a reason why I didn't give it Bullet Punch) makes setting up a very bad idea until one is sure the opponent's physical attackers all have been taken down. To compensate for this, however, is its 150 Special Attack and virtually guaranteed Analytic. This means its moves will be hitting with off of an effective 195 Special Attack (or a respectable 156 Attack if one is so inclined); what Mega Slowking has in survivability and bulk Beheeyem trades in for brute force.

The neat thing about Analytic rather than just straight-up boosting Beheeyem's offenses is that it gives Beheeyem more flexibility during team-building. Had I just given it raw attack power, it could have easily become broken by switching on a resisted Special Attack and then setting up Trick Room; Analytic, however, discourages the use of Trick Room on a pure attacking Beheeyem set, as the boost would be lost if Beheeyem moves first (which, based on its Speed, it almost always will). On the other hand, 120/150 offenses are still solid on their own, so Beheeyem could forgo its Analytic boost in favor of Trick Room and a set-up move. While Beheyeem is indeed capable of frightening power, however, it is offset by the fact that this Pokemon needs quite a bit of team support. Trick Room Beheeyem would likely need other Trick Room users, for example--while it sounds easy enough, the likely fact is that the most desirable Trick Room users in this metagame--Dimensional Warp Reuniclus and Field Warp Xatu--are incompatible with Beheeyem thanks to its Mega status. While this Pokemon seems strong in this current metagame, it likely won't be so in a Mega-filled one; auto- and 8-turn Trick Room will be tough things to compete with, particularly since the former two Megas can support a variety of non-Mega Pokemon whereas Beeheyem would likely require the opposite (multiple non-Mega Pokemon to support a single Mega). Analytic Beeheyem has to deal with the fact that it is both slow and average in the physical defense department; virtually all priority moves are physical anyways (sorry Vacuum Wave), making this really a problem for Trick Room Beheeyem as well. Beheeyem can't function at its full capacity until all physical threats are eliminated, since staying in on a variety of common physical OU threats would likely spell doom for it. A lack of priority compounds it, giving it no options besides switching or taking a hit when faced with a faster (read: any) foe. Additionally, dedicated Special walls are more commonly used than Physical ones, thanks to the pink blobs, making 150 Special Attack a bit less threatening than a similar Attack stat. Finally, Steel is ultimately a mixed bag for Beheeyem; thanks to the Gen VI changes, it no longer gifts it with the two neutralities it most desparately wants--Dark and Ghost, which would have been even more useful in today's metagame had it gained them. A Fire-weakness also doesn't help, particularly with Talonflame and Heatran running around in OU. A Bug resistance, while nice, doesn't really come up too often. Poison immunity is a small bonus in that it is now immune to the status itself, but as a Psychic-type Beheeyem didn't have much problem with Poison-types in the first place. Perhaps the biggest gift the Steel-type gave to it was a resistance and super-effective STAB against Fairy-types, a niche that no current Mega Analytic user boasts; it certainly has its uses, considering how prominent the type is in the metagame.

Beheeyem distances itself from other Analytic users by actually being able to take advantage of it the majority of the time, while maintaining an offensive bias rather than a defensive one. A need for substantial team support and stiff competition with similar Pokemon keeps it from being overly centralizing, while a lack of decent physical bulk and HP in combination with its low Speed and lack of priority or healing limits its ability to shine without some skilled prediction and strategy. Still, its raw power and strategic potential when placed in the right hands is tantalizing, and certainly makes Mega Beheeyem worth consideration for the Mega spot of some potentially great teams.

Chandelure

Chandelure

Typing: Ghost/Fire -----> Ghost/Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire / Flame Body / Infiltrator -----> Entrap (Grip Claw in ability form; trapping moves will always last their maximum duration)
BST: 60/55/90/145/90/80 -----> 60/85/100/175/110/95
Moves: None

This one was fun! =3

Quick! When I say Chandelure, say the first thing that comes to your mind. If you said Shadow Tag, then you also probably know how hyped this Pokemon was when people first found out about its Hidden Ability in Gen V. You also probably know that for all intents and purposes in standard battling, Shadow Tag Chandelure doesn't exist, as GF changed it to Infiltrator in Gen VI. Perhaps this was for the better, since as we have seen with Mega Gengar, a Ghost-type with great Special Attack, nice Speed, and Shadow Tag is a recipe for banishment to Ubers. But since Chandelure is so associated with trapping (at least in my mind), why not make a Mega that incorporated it in a way different from how Arena Trappers and Shadow Taggers do it now?

According to most sources, Chandelure hunts prey by surrounding them in a vortex of flames and burning away its victim's soul. As mortifying as that sounds, this is probably the basis of its Shadow Tag ability--it traps the foe and prevents its escape, just as the ability does. But Shadow Tag is something we want to avoid with Chandelure, especially since it is getting a 100-point boost to its stats as a Mega. How else could we make trapping, an integral part of both its flavor and its hype competitively last generation, a part of this Pokemon without resorting to the ability? Well, when one mentions a "vortex of flames", one particular move comes to mind: Fire Spin.

Semi-trapping moves are interesting in that they are in theory useful, and occasionally even see a rare bout of competitive play (see: Infestation). However, their traditional lack of reliabilty due to ranging from 2-5 turns has made them not very desirable in most matches, where even a single turn can decide the victor. Gen V helped by bumping the minimum number of turns up to 4, and while they are now occasionally still seen in the metagame, they certain aren't something that most people explicitly prepare for while teambuilding.

Entrap is a simple ability, both in terms of its effect and its coding (it's an item in ability form, like how Sturdy is for the Focus Sash and Aftermath is for the Jaboca Berry). Chandelure's main--and only--use for it is Fire Spin, a move that, though weak in power, is mainly intended to be used for its effect. With Entrap, Chandelure simulates Shadow Tag for 5 turns on the opponent, with the added bonus of the opponent losing 5/8ths of its HP plus the initial damage over the effect's duration. Now, you might say, "but Clap! 5 turns is more than enough for Mega Chandelure to completely wreck havoc on the opponent's team! Surely such an ability is going to destroy the entire metagame!" 5 turns would indeed be plenty for Chandelure to obliterate most teams with Shadow Tag; semi-trapping moves aren't quite the same as trapping, however (as the name implies), and carry a variety of limitations that help keep what would be a very scary Pokemon in balance.

Firstly, Fire Spin has an accuracy of 85%; for reference, that is just a tad higher than the infamously shaky Stone Miss. Of course, relying on luck is by no means a way to keep a Pokemon in check, but it is something that makes it a bit unreliable, and not just a straightforward Pokemon. The key difference between Shadow Tag and semi-trapping, besides the turn limit, is the fact that a semi-trapping move won't take effect until after the opponent switches, as switching always occurs before attacks (unless you're using Pursuit, which as no bearing on this anyways). This is huge; what primarily made Shadow Tag so scary is that the user got to choose who gets trapped; it was ridiculously easy to simply switch in on set-up bait and proceed to, well, set-up and sweep. Pokemon were made entirely irrelevant simply because they were too easy to get set-up on by trappers. With semi-trapping moves, it is the opponent that gets to choose who is trapped, rather than the user. This entirely changes how trapping is handled; Chandelure can't just switch in on set-up fodder to set up, since the opponent could switch into a counter to get trapped by Fire Spin instead, forcing Chandelure to switch and putting the user at a disadvantage rather than an advantage by giving the opponent a free turn. Instead of blindly and uncompetitively winning matches simply by switching on the right Pokemon, semi-trapping makes strategy a prime factor in determining how the game is played out. The opponent gets to choose who is trapped, for starters, so winning is not just a matter of setting up and sweeping. Instead, using Team Preview to gauge which Pokemon would be able to deal most effectively with the user's team becomes the main goal. The user then gets to switch in a Pokemon to deal with the one the opponent switched in--at this point, 2 turns of the trapping have been used up (one to use Fire Spin, the other to switch Chandelure to a counter for the Pokemon the opponent switched in). 3 turns of trapping is far more manageable for players than the indefinite number of turns Shadow Tag allowed. And of course, there are Pokemon that just outright ignore trapping altogether--primarily other Ghost-types, but also the Shed Shell user one sees now and then to avoid Magnezone and other trappers (as well as Flash Fire users in Chandelure's particular case). The one other notable thing Fire Spin does that Shadow Tag doesn't, however, is allow the trapper to switch; while it burns a turn of the trapping to do so, the ability to switch opens up a whole new avenue of strategies that become possible with semi-trapping.

I went very sparingly with the stat boosts, and gave it no moves at all, since Chandelure wasn't exactly weak to begin with and easy semi-trapping is a powerful thing to give to a Pokemon. For starters, I dumped 30 of the 100 points into Attack just to ensure this thing wouldn't get too out of hand. 175 Special Attack seems high, but considering that Chandelure has the second-highest Special Attack out of all non-legendary, non-Mega Pokemon, it would only be fitting if it had one of the higher Special Attacks as well. 100/110 defenses keeps Chandelure frail while preventing its Special Attack from going much higher, while 95 Speed is almost-fast-but-not-fast-enough-to-outspeed-base-100s (and rather slow for a Mega that wasn't already slow to begin with). Typing was fine, so I didn't see much reason to change it. The real star of Mega Chandelure is its ability, which gives it a unique niche that no other Pokemon in OU, even previous Megas from the submissions, have really capitalized on.

TL;DR: Chandelure continues its focus on trapping, but instead of capitalizing on the arguably broken Shadow Tag, it instead focuses on the unique semi-trapping abilities move like Fire Spin offer. The key thing that keeps it balanced is that the opponent can switch before being trapped, allowing him or her to choose who gets trapped rather than the user choosing as he or she does when using Shadow Tag or Arena Trap. A limited number of turns also prevents strategies like stalling and boosting from being viable with semi-trapping; however, the ability to switch and keep the opponent trapped also creates a variety of new options that no other Pokemon in OU can, making Mega Chandelure a unique choice for one's coveted Mega spot.

EDIT: I'm still iffy about the Special Attack. I tweaked it based on someone's comment, but I'm still not too sure about it. Some comments would definitely help.

Haxorus

Haxorus

Typing: Dragon -----> Dragon
Abilities: Rivalry / Mold Breaker / Unnerve -----> Valiant (Can hit Fairy-types [Scrappy/Corrosion clone])
BST: 76/147/90/60/70/97 -----> 76/162/120/90/80/112
Moves: Fire Punch

The return of Gen V Dragons... sort of. Let me explain.

So Haxorus partially bypasses the nerf to Dragon-types brought by Gen VI through its ability, which enables it to hit Fairy-types neutrally and restoring its reputation as a solid neutrally-hitting attacking type circa Gen V. Everything else about it more or less stays the same; it's still a pure-Dragon type, it's still a physical attacker, and it still is an armor-plated dragon with blades sticking out of its face.

Speaking of armor plating and blades, while this doesn't affect Mega Haxorus competitively, its Pokedex descriptions emphasizing its armor and valiance did. In my head, Mega Haxorus becomes a bit knight-like; not overtly so to the point where it gains a Steel-typing, but enough so that it becomes worthy of an ability with a name like "valiant".

Just like in Gen V, Haxorus has two main tools at its disposal to hit the majority of OU relatively hard: Dragon Dance and Outrage. While the former is still used often in OU, the latter has taken a huge hit from the last generation, thanks to the fact that Fairies are completely immune to the move. Haxorus gets around this via its ability, enabling it to use Outrage just as effectively as it did before (Steel-types are just as big of a problem, too). Fire Punch is a small buff that helps it muscle through Steel-types, though Outrage will deal more against anything else weak to Fire thanks to the STAB boost. Its Attack stat is buffed by 15 points, which while nice, doesn't quite compensate for the loss of an item. A Defense boost to 120 and a Speed boost past the critical base 100, however, compensate for this, making Haxorus's weaker initial power a smaller problem when it can both boost and cause switches more easily. Haxorus becomes a Dragon that, against all odds, has the ability to become a Fairy slayer; Outrage cleanly 2HKO's a max defense Clefable, for perspective.

Just as Haxorus has all the benefits of a Gen V Dragon, however, it also has all of the weaknesses. Primarily, Steel still walls Haxorus just as well as it does other Dragons. Fire Punch helps a bit, but 75 BP without STAB is unlikely to take down Steels that haven't already been previously weakened, particularly since many OU Steels are stronger in physical Defense. Additionally, while it can hit Fairy-types for neutral damage, it still take super-effective damage from Fairy-type attacks. Haxorus will still despise a Moonblast just as much as any other Dragon-type (besides Hydreigon, but you get my point). Take that 2HKO I mentioned earlier on Clefable; while Haxorus can indeed take the Fairy-type down in two Outrages, a Clefable with some investment can also OHKO Haxorus with a Moonblast. It may not be able to switch in on Outrage like it can most Dragons, but it can certainly make short work of Haxorus with some careful prediction. Finally, while often overlooked, confusion is not the best thing to be stuck with when your Pokemon has Dragon Dance boosts stacked up. Since Mega Haxorus will be holding Haxorusite, a Lum Berry isn't an option for it to cure its status (or avoid burns, for that matter). This means the player will be forced to take a chance with confusion or switch and lose their boosts once Outrage ends. However, this isn't to say that Haxorus has too many drawbacks to use, by any means--other than the Fairy-weakness, these are all problems Dragons have faced since Gen IV, and ones that they have been able to overcome to dominate the metagames of both generations. Mega Haxorus gives the Gen VI metagame a taste of what a substantial threat the type can be when blessed with a few of the perks it had in previous years.

Mega Haxorus makes use of its ability to turn Fairy-type counters into simply checks; it makes the time-tested combination of Dragon Dance and Outrage once again viable, even in a metagame filled with Fairy-types. In short, Mega Haxorus shifts a time-tested Pokemon archetype from past generations and adapts it to the new generation, bringing about the return of the dragon.

Beartic

Beartic

Typing: Ice -----> Ice/Water
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Swift Swim -----> Clear Ice (neutrally-damaging moves do 75% damage; counterpart of Filter/Solid Rock)
BST: 95/110/80/70/80/50 -----> 95/140/120/70/110/50
Moves: Waterfall

I will continue submitting Clear Ice until something gets in with it (for those of you who've joined the project more recently, I put Clear Ice for every Ice-type Mega I submit, though I think I'll have the best chance once we get to either Cryogonal or Avalugg [or hey, even both!]). With it, Beartic half-resists Fire, Normal, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, and Fairy. Defensive Ice sucks for the most part, but a 25% reduction on neutral moves mitigates this a bit. It's not a full resistance, but it helps give Beartic a bit more survivability (the list of types seems like a lot, but it is primarily for switching in on attacks; most opponents will be more likely to exploit its Electric, Grass, Fighting, or Ground weaknesses anyways, especially since all four are common in OU).

Beartic embraces its design as a polar bear and becomes a bulky attacker (just like the animal in real life, if you think about it). 95/120/110 isn't amazing for a Mega, but it certainly isn't bad, and its ability helps further its bulkiness as well. Beartic is already stronger connected to water as a polar bear; many of its Pokedex entries mention swimming, it has Swift Swim as a hidden ability, and it is able to learn Surf. From this, it is only natural that it gains the Water-typing upon Mega evolution. Adding types to Ice rarely hurts, since it needs all the resistances that it can get. Ice/Water also has precedence in OU as seen by Cloyster; while the latter is a quick and relatively frail (I'm of course talking about after a Shell Smash, whereas before using the move it would be quite the opposite), Mega Beartic aims to be slow but bulky.

I added Waterfall to its movepool as a physical Water STAB; it already has both Aqua Jet and Surf, so Waterfall isn't much of a stretch at all. 140 Attack is nice; not the best for a Mega, but certainly decent given the Pokemon's bulk. I kept Beartic's speed the same so that it would be able to utilize Avalanche. A 120-BP Ice-type STAB move coming off of a base 140 Attack is certainly nothing to scoff at. Finally, Bulk Up is a standard move for bulky sweepers, and Beartic is no different; Between Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Avalanche, and Bulk Up, Beartic certainly has enough moves to round out a solid movepool (also Superpower if one feels so inclined).

Mega Beartic isn't very complicated, nor does it embrace a quirky concept like some of my other submissions do. It gets the job done, however; a nice Attack stat, good bulk, a decent ability, and a powerful STAB move make it a solid choice for some teams without excessive need to build a team around it.
I fear that any sort of trapping ability on Mega Chandelure is pretty borked. Aside from that, I love these submissions and it's great to see you back!

I'll catch people's eyes again. I just know it!

Mega Haxorus
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Fight
Ability: Rivalry/Mold Breaker/Unnerve -> Blademaster (The Swordsman ability but with the name that it should be changed to because it's both weapon and gender neutral. Seriously, CHANGE IT! I beg you!)
New Moves: Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, Cross Poison

Atk: 147 -> 185 (+38)
SpA: 60 -> 60
Spe: 97 -> 104 (+7)

Concept: No swords, but blades aplenty on its body. The dual STAB of Dragon Claw and Sacred Sword will hurt quite hard unless you run into a Fairy, which is why you gain Cross Poison to stop them.

252+ Atk Blademaster Haxorus Cross Poison vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 288-340 (73 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not too shabby. Haxorus is still a brutal destroyer in every way and while he has more stats over 100 now, they might not be enough and Dragon/Fight isn't the dream combo it may have once been with fairies more than ready to OHKO it. I needn't remind you that Clefable's Moonblast kills with no investment. Cross Poison with an effective 105 power is a must have. Only Gen6 would make poison a must have coverage move... and I love it!

Mega Beartic
Mega Beartic
Type: Ice -> Ice/Fight
Abilities: SnowCloak/SwiftSwim -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Thunderpunch

Atk: 110 -> 155 (+45)
Def: 80 -> 115 (+35)
SpD: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Spe: 50 -> 35 (-15)

The power of Mega Beartic is in his deceptive defensiveness. Utilizing a great dual STAB that might only be surpassed by Ground/Ice, Beartic has all the tools he needs to kill you. Ice Punch, Thunder Punch and Drain Punch, though they lack direct power. The real kicker is the 30% power boost providing Mega Bear defensive capacity by allowing more room to spend EVs on defenses without harming power output.

0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Beartic Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 420-494 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Big deal, it can 2HKO Blissey! Read it again, and you'll see that's a neutral nature with 0 EVs. Adding those things in still leaves you with a 2hko. Either way, you 2HKO Blissey! A lot of things die without investment: LOOK!

0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Beartic Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 330-390 (101.8 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega Beartic will have exactly none of your shit!

Mega Beheeyem
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Electric
Abilities: Telepathy/Synchronize/Analytic -> Dimension Warp
New Moves: Zap Cannon, Aura Sphere

Def: 75 -> 125 (+50)
SpA: 125 -> 165 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Spe: 40 -> 15 (-25)

Concept: Dimension warp is one of our new abilities that sets up Trick Room and what better way to inflict it than with spaceage technology? The Electric typing is mostly there for added coverage and Zap Cannon is flavor. The Aura Sphere is just power.

Do I need to say anything else?! It's the perfect Trick Room buddy if Reunclious is not your thing/is too fast.

Mega Chandelure
Type: Ghost/Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire/FlameBody/Infiltrator -> Heat Seeker
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Scald

Atk: 55 -> 55 (+0)
SpA: 145 -> 160 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 120 (+40)

Concept: Do I need to explain why a powerful Heatseeking Inferno is absolutely lethal? I suppose not. Thunderbolt is there because most ghosts have Thunderbolt and Scald because hot wax is hot!

There's nothing else to say except some people like to watch their foes burn!

Chandelure
Typing:
Ghost/Fire -----> Ghost/Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire / Flame Body / Infiltrator -----> Soul Burner (Shell Bell in ability form, but regen is amped up to 1/4 of damage done instead of 1/8)
BST: 60/55/90/145/90/80 -----> 60/65/115/195/100/85

The flavour is that Chandy becomes a bigger, more elaborate chandelier. Pretty obvious I guess :p

Chandelure is already good enough to work fine as a mega without a custom ability, but this seemed too flavourful and appropriately powerful to pass up (and consider yourselves lucky, the other option was Tinted Lens). Bulkier and a little tiny bit less powerful than standard Life Orb Chandelure, Mega Chandelure is again a very scary wallbreaker, its ghost typing and access to substitute letting it avoid taking damage from the premier special wall, Chansey, while its ability lets it heal more than half a sub each turn against it with fire blast.
Very little else avoids the 2hko, and its ability allows it to resist the gradual wear stall mons present.

Like mega heracross, although it can dismantle stall, its matchup against offence is considerably worse, however mega chandelure has better speed and its ability allows it to avoid certain 2hkos, for example against azumarill:​

252+ SpA Mega Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 352-416 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thus, azumarill is forced to use aqua jet:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 144-170 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

However, as Chandelure dealt on average 406 damage to azu, it heals back roughly 101 hp, leaving you at a happy ~76% after dispatching of it.

Overall, another wallbreaking mega, but with some nice quirks.​

Last edited:
Here goes.
Beheeyem (Beheeyemite)
Abilities: Telepathy, Synchronize (Analytic) -> Analytic
New Moves: Confuse Ray, Focus Blast

Def: 75 -> 105 (+30)
SpA: 125 -> 170 (+45)

Beheeyem is a mysterious alien that can tamper with memories and flashes lights on its fingers to communicate. That makes Confuse Ray a perfect fit. It also gains Focus Blast as it has wide distribution and can be used by many Psychic types. It retains its best ability, Analytic.

Competitively, Beheeyem becomes a powerful wallbreaker thanks to 175 Special Attack topped off with Analytic.

252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 322-380 (83.4 - 98.4%)
252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 248-294 (82.1 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Venusaur: 366-432 (100.5 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 298-352 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

You don't even need to run Psyshock. Between Psychic and Focus Blast, you cover everything but opposing Psychic types, which Dark Pulse covers. The final move can be Calm Mind (which enables you to 2HO Chansey and handle Lati@s better) or Recover.

Chandelure (Chandelite)
Abilities: Flash Fire, Flame Body (Infiltrator) -> Levitate
New Moves: Hypnosis, Fire Spin

Atk: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 105 (+10)
SpD: 90 -> 105 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)
BST: 520 -> 620

Chandelure already exemplifies its design as the only Ghost/Fire evolution line. According to the Pokédex, "by waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance", and many other Ghost types like Gengar, Drifblim, and Spiritomb. Fire Spin is a natural move for Fire types, and Chandelure is known for trapping souls in its flames. It also floats like many Ghost types which also have Levitate.

As a Mega Evolution, it cannot hold a Choice Scarf, so I boosted its speed to be more usable overall. It has great coverage with only its STABs, and can run Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, or Hypnosis as fillers. It can also run Energy Ball for bulky waters and Tyranitar. It still struggles with Heatran and Chansey, so it's not unstoppable. It took highest non-legendary Special Attack from Alakazam in Gen 5, but had it stolen by Mega Alakazam, now it steals it back.

Just to show its power, here are some calcs:

252 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 288-338 (95.3 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 184-218 (60.5 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 241-285 (80.3 - 95%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 241-285 (75.3 - 89%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

If you run WoW

252 Atk burned Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 119-140 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 165-194 (63.2 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Haxorus (Haxorusite)
Abilities: Rivalry, Mold Breaker (Unnerve) -> Hyper Cutter
New Moves: Iron Head

Atk: 147 -> 180 (+33)
Def: 90 -> 117 (+27)
SpA: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 97 -> 97

Haxorus is a dragon covered in plate armor and unbreakable axe-like tusks, making a Steel typing a perfect fit. I chose Hyper Cutter out of the many fitting abilities for a it in order to keep it balanced.

It gains many resistances, reliable secondary STAB that eliminates Fairy types, and noticeable bulk. Hyper Cutter prevents opposing Intimidates from having an effect on Haxorus. It still is susceptible to burns, however. The standard Haxorus set uses EVs of 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spe to outspeed base 130 and below at +1 while maximizing attack and bulk.

252+ Atk Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 261-307 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Haxorus Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 254-300 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

On the defensive

4 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 164-194 (50.7 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 226-268 (69.9 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 277-328 (85.7 - 101.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Beartic (Bearticite)
Type: Ice -> Ice/Fighting
Abilities: Snow Cloak (Swift Swim) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Thunder Punch, Close Combat, Mach Punch

Atk: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 50 -> 100 (+50)

Beartic is a big bear that creates claws of ice to fight with. It has access to many Fighting-type moves like Bulk Up, Brick Break, Focus Punch, Superpower and Focus Blast. It is also an adept swimmer.

Mega Beartic gains a Fighting typing, making it neutral to Stealth Rock and resistant to Dark. However, it has many weaknesses, so it turns from an unfortunately slow Ice-tyoe to a fast sweeper with access to solid STABs boosted by Tough Claws.

252 Atk Tough Claws Beartic Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 350-414 (90.6 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Beartic Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 176-208 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Beartic Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 146-174 (40.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Beartic Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 278-328 (68.8 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And it's has great natural bulk to boot:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beartic: 195-229 (58.9 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beartic: 260-308 (78.5 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beartic: 255-301 (77 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Beartic: 250-295 (75.5 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Beartic: 286-338 (86.4 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Chandelure
Typing:
Ghost/Fire -----> Ghost/Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire / Flame Body / Infiltrator -----> Soul Burner (Shell Bell in ability form, but regen is amped up to 1/4 of damage done instead of 1/8)
BST: 60/55/90/145/90/80 -----> 60/65/110/195/110/80

The flavour is that Chandy becomes a bigger, more elaborate chandelier. Pretty obvious I guess :p

Chandelure is already good enough to work fine as a mega without a custom ability, but this seemed too flavourful and appropriately powerful to pass up (and consider yourselves lucky, the other option was Tinted Lens). Bulkier and a little tiny bit less powerful than standard Life Orb Chandelure, Mega Chandelure is again a very scary wallbreaker, its ghost typing and access to substitute letting it avoid taking damage from the premier special wall, Chansey, while its ability lets it heal more than half a sub each turn against it with fire blast.
Very little else avoids the 2hko, and its ability allows it to resist the gradual wear stall mons present.

Like mega heracross, although it can dismantle stall, its matchup against offence is considerably worse, however mega chandelure has slightly better speed and its ability allows it to avoid certain 2hkos, for example against azumarill:​

252+ SpA Mega Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 352-416 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thus, azumarill is forced to use aqua jet:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Chandelure: 150-176 (57.4 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

However, as Chandelure dealt on average 406 damage to azu, it heals back roughly 101 hp, leaving you at a happy ~76% after dispatching of it.

Overall, another wallbreaking mega, but with some nice quirks.​

The ability you described is essentially Vampiric Blade, the only difference being Vampiric Blade is 1/6 instead of 1/4. If yours wins, I'd suggest changing Vampiric Blade's name to Soul Burner since it would work for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)