Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, even the server logs don't have records of PMs. If you haven't refreshed or the server hasn't restarted, it isn't too late to check your PMs by clicking chat with the person you PMed. But if so, then it's gone :(
ahh okay, thanks :( and it's gone, i was talking to someone who was helping me with my team and my laptop ran out of charge so yeah...but thanks :)

When playing Pokemon Showdown with the touchscreen the point I "click" with my finger instead clicks a point about an inch above it. For example, on the home screen when I click Watch a Battle, instead Credits is clicked.

Has anyone else had issues like this? Is this a problem with PS or my screen? Any ideas?

Note: touchscreen is calibrated and works fine for Windows 8 and any web browsing.

is there a database of all the random battle pokemon levels somewhere? what about possible movesets/items/etc?
You can try this, It tells you the chances of your sets and other things you might want to know. Just use ctrl+f or command+f if you're on a mac and then type in the pokemon's name.
Uber - 70
OU - 74
BL - 76
UU - 78
BL2 - 80
RU - 82
BL3 - 84
NU - 86

Last edited:
You can try this, It tells you the chances of your sets and other things you might want to know. Just use ctrl+f or command+f if you're on a mac and then type in the pokemon's name.
Uber - 70
OU - 74
UU - 78
RU - 82
NU - 86
thanks for the info, but i've seen different levels than that. i think i've seen 93 and 60-something, and i KNOW i've seen 99. are there exceptions for particularly weak or powerful pokemon?

thanks for the info, but i've seen different levels than that. i think i've seen 93 and 60-something, and i KNOW i've seen 99. are there exceptions for particularly weak or powerful pokemon?
I forgot BL, BL2 and BL3 (updated in my original post). I have done a few more tests and the only exception I've seen is Alakazam which is UU and level 76. There are also a few NU pokemon that are 95 such as ledian and farfetch'd but there could be more.

When i'm in battle where do i find the link to post it in chat? i always as this question in the different rooms and i get the same answer, "Just copy and paste", this is obv not helping me because i need to know where the link is to begin with. If someone can tell me the LOCATION of the battle link that would be great. I've checked all over the battle log, clicked random places on the screen, tried using PS! from the browser and i had no success. Any help is appreciated.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When i'm in battle where do i find the link to post it in chat? i always as this question in the different rooms and i get the same answer, "Just copy and paste", this is obv not helping me because i need to know where the link is to begin with. If someone can tell me the LOCATION of the battle link that would be great. I've checked all over the battle log, clicked random places on the screen, tried using PS! from the browser and i had no success. Any help is appreciated.
The link for the battle is in the URL at the top of your browser. Additionally, if you want to invite specific users, do /invite [user] in your battle and it will PM them a button to your battle

I forgot BL, BL2 and BL3 (updated in my original post). I have done a few more tests and the only exception I've seen is Alakazam which is UU and level 76. There are also a few NU pokemon that are 95 such as ledian and farfetch'd but there could be more.
i had just fought a level 99 shedinja when i posted that, though i haven't seen any 100s yet haha. thanks!

I could use some more coding help, this time with an item. I want to know if I did this right.

"pendulum": {
id: "pendulum",
name: "Pendulum",
spritenum: 537,
fling: {
basePower: 30
},
onModifyMove: function (move) {
if (typeof move.accuracy === 'number') {
move.accuracy *= 1.5;
}

onModifyMove: function (move, pokemon) {
if (pokemon.baseTemplate.species === 'Hypno') {
return this.chainModify(2);
}

},
num: 265,
gen: 4,
desc: "The accuracy of attacks by the holder is 1.5x. Useable only by Hypno"
},

Just played a game on Ubers ladder and it told me

Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (timeout).
Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (Error: socket hang up).

Will the ladder eventually update itself and my ratings to reflect how the scores should have been after that win, or did I just waste 15 minutes of my time?

EDIT: Nevermind, it just updated (only about 5 minutes after the error), thankfully.

Another rating question: Is it true that, because your rating deviation goes down the more you battle, and GXE is based in part on your deviation, that eventually GXE changes less and less with each battle you do? I ask because it's a bit frustrating with Elo that I can win 5 battles, then have just 1 battle vs. someone who happens to be low on the ladder and then lose either due to hax or because s/he's a skilled player who just hasn't laddered up to their "true" rating yet, and then it's as if the 5 battles I won didn't even matter because I drop all the way to what I was before any of the battles that I won. I was hoping that GXE at least would solidify a bit as I rack up more matches.

1) why does PS seem to have issues connecting so often?
2) A while back I asked about Gen 4 sprites and was told it was being worked on. Updates?

Thanks all

1) why does PS seem to have issues connecting so often?
2) A while back I asked about Gen 4 sprites and was told it was being worked on. Updates?

Thanks all
As it's summer, PS is experiencing increased server load, which means it might have a few connection issues, but they'll always be resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The sprites are being collected (iirc) and work is progressing with that. You'd probably have to talk to Layell for more information.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The sprites are being collected (iirc) and work is progressing with that. You'd probably have to talk to Layell for more information.
There has been no progress, any further progress is well out of my hands and into someone who can make client coding changes.

Is it still down for you guys? If not, how come the message "Couldn't connect to server" has been popping up all day?
I've been given those messages as well. Usually refreshing can help, but you should restart your computer to see if you can login. I know that sometimes its my own device that doesn't let me in.

When playing Pokemon Showdown with the touchscreen the point I "click" with my finger instead clicks a point about an inch above it. For example, on the home screen when I click Watch a Battle, instead Credits is clicked.

Has anyone else had issues like this? Is this a problem with PS or my screen? Any ideas?

Note: touchscreen is calibrated and works fine for Windows 8 and any web browsing.
To answer your first question, I had a similar problem on my tablet. Although, I don't remember it being an inch above where I click. I do remember that mega evolving was a pain :/

As it's summer, PS is experiencing increased server load, which means it might have a few connection issues, but they'll always be resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh that makes sense, since it's been an issue for the last few months. Thanks.
There has been no progress, any further progress is well out of my hands and into someone who can make client coding changes.
Extremely disappointing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)