Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Cryogonal
Typing: Ice ----> Ice/Steel
Abilities: Levitate ----> Reflection (When the user is hit with a Special move, the opponent will receive 50% of the damage dealt.)
BST: 70/50/30/95/135/105 ----> 70/50/60/125/155/125
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt

Or rather, 50% of the damage dealt if Mega Cryogonal has unlimited health.
The new ability of Cryogonal will make people think twice before sending Mega Charizard Y/Gengar/any special attackers to finish it off, because more often than not they will be crippled in return. For example, Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast, since it does this:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cryogonal in Sun: 660-780 (191.8 - 226.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It gets completely demolished as well in return, as the ability also makes it take half of the brunt aka 330-390 damage, which is guaranteed to kill it unless it invested fully in HP. Landorus's Focus Blast takes away over half of itself's health, same with Thundurus, Gengar and Mega Alakazam, while Greninja, Latios and Mega Gardevoir gets walled and slowly have their HP whittled down. Mega Cryogonal also possesses Recover, which gives it even longer time before fainting. You can also try an offensive Mega Cryogonal, with its added coverage in Dazzling Gleam and Thunderbolt, as well as its boosted Sp.Atk and Speed. Unfortunately, its Def is still pretty bad, and with the myriad of weaknesses from the Ice/Steel typing including a 4x Fire and Fighting weakness which are basically everywhere, so physical attackers can still faint it easily.

Mega Accelgor
Typing: Bug ----> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Hydration/Sticky Hold/Unburden ----> First Strike (Move power increased by 30% if wielder moves first)
BST: 80/70/40/100/60/145 ----> 80/115/40/120/70/170
New Moves: Dark Pulse, X-Scissor, Drain Punch

Just try and tell me Accelgor doesn't look like a Dark type. As its base offensive stats aren't exactly that high, I have to give it a custom ability that boosts its offensive presence. First Strike is the opposite of Analytic; As long as you're faster, you hit harder, which with Mega Accelgor's 170 Speed isn't that hard of a thing. Bug/Dark has a surprisingly decent coverage, only getting walled by Fairy- and Fighting-types, which can be covered by other coverage moves. Mega Accelgor can hit from both physical and special side, having the stats and moves to do so, but its Def is still pathetically weak, not much better with Sp.Def, and its power can be lacking sometimes.

Mega Mienshao
Typing: Fighting ----> Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless ----> Cloud Step (Immune to and boost Speed by 1 stage when hit by Flying-type moves.)
BST: 65/125/60/95/60/105 ----> 65/145/70/115/85/130
New Moves: Power Whip, Air Slash

Basing this on the Qinggong technique in Chinese martial arts, Mega Mienshao is now part Flying-type, and its ability gives it an edge against all the Flying-types in the OU metagame. Talonflame and Mega Pinsir can no longer just go and smack it with a priority Brave Bird or Aerilate Quick Attack, while they are wrecked by Stone Edge in return. 130 Speed is already quite good in OU, but the +1 in Speed would let it outspeed even more opponents. Unfortunately, it doesn't really have any STAB Flying moves other than Air Slash and Bounce(lol), but it gained Power Whip as well for extra coverage. At least it has more Flying STAB than Gyarados. Still, while there is a boost in its defenses, Mega Mienshao is still frail by OU standard, and it now has a weakness to Ice Shard, another priority move, as well.

The spreadsheet is sorely in need of updating, considering that we've finished 3 1/2 generations of Pokemon by now and the spreadsheet is missing a good 15-20% or so of them. I'd be happy to update it if given permission, though considering ace will be back soon we might really be able to bring the project back up to speed starting then.
Yes, please, I can't really code anything because I have no idea what I need to add.

Updated spreadsheet!
Here

New abilities from Umbreon slate onwards:
Poison Pores (Rough Skin clone, Umbreon)
Swordsman (Boosts cutting and slashing moves by 1.5x, Kricketune)
Compost (Grass-type Water Absorb, Wormadam-P)
Dirtpile (Ground-type Water Absorb, Wormadam-S)
Scrap Metal (Steel-type Water Absorb, Wormadam-T)
Mineral Dissolve (Rock-type Water Absorb + SR removal + Sandstorm removal, Mothim) <--- Can we discuss this please? *
Clear Sky (Removes weather and suppresses weather while user is in play, Drifblim X, Rotom-S; note that Cloud Nine only suppresses weather, but does not remove it)
Strong Legs (Boosts kicking moves by 1.5x, Lopunny; note that Iron Fist, which appears to be this ability's counterpart, only boosts punching moves by 1.2x)**
Tireless (User cannot sleep and ignores recharge turns of its moves, Purugly)
Accumulation (Rollout and Ice Ball hit for 3x damage, Lickilicky)
Last Fart (Opponent's Pokemon, including Steel-types, is inflicted with bad poisoning when the user faints, Skuntank [name change?])
Winter Shield (immune to priority moves, Glaceon)
Grounded (Ground variant of Corrosion/Valiant/Scrappy, Gliscor X)
Landscaper (doubles duration of field effects, Gliscor Y [should we just make it a Field Warp clone?])
Vanguard (Defensive Download; +1 to a defense depending on the opponent's higher offense, Gallade X)
Grit Power (Attack and Special Attack boosted by 1.5x when statused, Azelf)
Overwhelm (Taunt on Mega-Evolution and switch-in, Mesprit)
Heat Seek (Fire-type moves used by the user never miss, Heatran)
Sweet Dreams (Heals 1/8 HP every turn while asleep, Cresselia)
Purify (Poison-->Grass Flash Fire; absorbs Poison-type moves, including TS, to boost Grass attacks 1.5x, Shaymin Land Forme)
Victory SuperStar (Victory Star with 20% accuracy buff, Victini)
Sneaky (Dark-type Gale Wings)
Dream Fulfillment (+1 Special Attack and can choose attacks as usual when asleep, Musharna) ***
Castrophony (Amplifier clone, Audino [can we just give Audino Amplifier, too?])
Energy Crystal (User takes 75% from special attacks and gets a +1 boost to Special Attack when hit by one, Gigalith X)****
Judoka (1.5x against foes > 60 kg (132.3 lbs), Throh)
Combo Artist (1.5x damage against foes with lowered Speed, Sawk)
Scarecrow (Flying immunity, Maractus)
Precision (Moves under 40-BP have their power doubled, Escavalier X)
Spirit Absoorb (Heals 25% HP after a KO, Chandelure)
Valiant (Fairy variant of Corrosion/Grounded/Scrappy, Haxorus)

Added everything from the Espeon, Umbreon, Slowking, Jumpluff slate onwards (except Entei, Celebi, Blissey, and Smeargle slate, which was already added for some odd reason).

Questions and Comments:
-Mega Drifblim X drops its Attack by 10. Adjust or just let it slide?
-Mega Lopunny has a boost of 105, which stat(s) should the extra 5 be dropped from?
-Mega Lumineon has both Quiver Dance and Tail Glow, thanks to a tie. What do we do about this? (note: flavorwise, they both are perfect, but is it too much competitively?)
-We removed Recover from Mega Dusknoir, correct?
-Gallade X has an extra 10 stat points.
-Was a bit iffy about Rock/Fighting Probopass, but then...

-Fairy Mesprit while the other lake guardians are pure Psychic... I'll come to terms with it eventually.
-We conveniently have and X and a Y Mega Basculin. Not that it matters at all, but my personal headcanon is saying that each form has its own Mega from this.
-What happened to Garbodor, exactly? JayHankEdLyon , you tied the vote but later you said you would be fine with dropping it. I couldn't find any definite answer as to what happened, though. Did you want to drop you Garbodor or keep it as an X/Y thing? For now I assumed the latter, as its easier to delete a Mega than to search it up and reenter it.
-Cincinno is broken. That is all.
-Beartic's like 20 points over the stat limit.

Notes:
*Mineral Dissolve is incredibly complex, I say just stick to the Rock clone of Water Absorb; it would fit with the Wormadam forms, and although I'm not sure how the game works, if SR deals Rock-type damage, wouldn't Mothim heal from it anyways? (Don't quote me on that, I'm speculating).

**Strong Legs is 25% stronger than Iron Fist, should we fix that or leave it alone?

***The ability's name breaks the extended character limit for XY, I believe, so perhaps something shorter like Dreamer would be better? Also, the choosing attacks bit sounds a bit tough to code, maybe auto Sleep Talk instead? The +1 Special Attack still gives purpose to sleeping, it would likely be easier to code, and you wouldn't have to devote a moveslot to Sleep Talk. GG Unit since it was your submission you get the final call but I'd come up with a secondary plan in case the ability turns out to be too difficult to implement.

****Seems a bit complex, IMO. Thoughts?

For Pokemon with two Megas, for now i gave both forms all moves from both submissions, we can clean it up later formally but I don't think I have the power to pick which moves to keep on my own, which is why I left them intact. I also assumed the easiest solution when solving BST problems; ie: some people's (+x) in parenthesis didn't match up with the actual value, so I took the one that correctly gave 100 BST (others assumed the wrong values for the Pokemon's original BST, so I adjusted the buffs to match the lower or higher original stats.

Last bit is just for the balancing committee, but after months of quiet stewing and nudging I switched out Ice Punch for Megahorn on Mega Ledian. Don't shoot me.

Alright, I put quite a few hours into this, considering we haven't updated the chart since midway through Johto, and since I've done it all by hand and it's getting late where I am (plus Google Docs has been acting up a bit and disconnecting every now and then), there might be some mistakes. Corrections would be great, as would answering these questions so I can get a feel on how the community wants to handle the ambiguities I found while entering the Megas. I'm probably gonna go to bed soon, so I won't respond to any comments for a while, but I'll get back on them as soon as possible.

Last edited:
ty for the hard work : D
And damn that's a lot more abilities than I expected.

I'd suggest changing the name of Mega Skuntank's ability, Last Fart (lol) to Residual Toxic, and Mega Musharna's Dream Fulfillment to Subconscious.
Maybe change Iron Fist to x1.5, as well?
Energy Crystal should be fine; it's just a altered mix of several abilities (Filter, Justified, type absorption abilities).
About Gallade X, I'd suggest taking 5 points from Sp.Atk and the other 5 from Def.

EDIT: For the description of Valiant, shouldn't it say 'Dragon variant of Corrosion/Grounded/Scrappy' instead of 'Fairy variant of Corrosion/Grounded/Scrappy'?
Also, can you change the description for Corrosion to match that for Grounded?

Last edited:
Updated spreadsheet!
Here

Questions and Comments:
-Mega Drifblim X drops its Attack by 10. Adjust or just let it slide?
-Mega Lopunny has a boost of 105, which stat(s) should the extra 5 be dropped from?
-Mega Lumineon has both Quiver Dance and Tail Glow, thanks to a tie. What do we do about this? (note: flavorwise, they both are perfect, but is it too much competitively?)
-We removed Recover from Mega Dusknoir, correct?
-Gallade X has an extra 10 stat points.
-Was a bit iffy about Rock/Fighting Probopass, but then...

Notes:
*Mineral Dissolve is incredibly complex, I say just stick to the Rock clone of Water Absorb; it would fit with the Wormadam forms, and although I'm not sure how the game works, if SR deals Rock-type damage, wouldn't Mothim heal from it anyways? (Don't quote me on that, I'm speculating).

***The ability's name breaks the extended character limit for XY, I believe, so perhaps something shorter like Dreamer would be better? Also, the choosing attacks bit sounds a bit though to code, maybe auto Sleep Talk instead? The +1 Special Attack still gives purpose to sleeping, it would likely be easier to code, and you wouldn't have to devote a moveslot to Sleep Talk. GG Unit since it was your submission you get the final call but I'd come up with a secondary plan in case the ability turns out to be too difficult to implement.

****Seems a bit complex, IMO. Thoughts?
Great stuff! Both suggestions on Musharna are totally fine - the name is by far the worst part of about every ability I think of haha, and the opening of a moveslot was definitely more my intent than the choosing moves part.

For the other stuff, I'll try to chip in some feedback here and there before going to bed.

I was gonna say both moves on Lumineon are fine but then I saw Simple. Really don't know what to think about these X/Y ones because on one hand giving a Pokemon two vastly different but equally viable Megas is a good way to make it more competitive, but we don't really get to decide beforehand that Noctowl/Bellossom/etc should be getting X/Y Megas rather than whichever other crappy Pokemon, and that gets compounded when the new moves play out like that (where I assume the Lightning Rod Lumineon had Tail Glow and not Quiver Dance and vice versa).

If I'd been thinking of it from the start, it would have been best to just have a quick runoff vote for any ties since Mewtwo and Charizard differ much more between their X/Y Megas than all the ties, and we see that Charizard X/Y are not optimized stat-wise (imagine Charizard X with 111 Special Attack and 19 points to distribute elsewhere) to somewhat offset the unpredictability they bring.

If Drifblim X hadn't also gotten Recover, Air Slash and Nasty Plot I'd have been more OK with it, but it's not that terrible and can afford to give the Attack back and take 10 points from something else, especially when going against a Drifblim would already force you to guess whether it's going to be the Prankster Y or the faster, harder-hitting X. Also, it's gonna really hard to make a usable Mega Volbeat/Illumise since Drifblim Y can have Prankster, Nasty Plot, and Baton Pass (and even Recover!).

The Probopass is this silliest type change on there since its whole schtick has always been that the actual nose on it is what's magnetic and losing that's basically the same as it losing its nose. What's a Probopoass without a nose, but oh well it's not really that big a deal.

For Mothim I think it is like that where the game treats switching in on SR as being hit by a Rock-type move, so it'd take no damage and heal 25%, but Mothim looks like one of those Pokemon so crappy that it does need a really good custom ability. Mega Mothim's current stats indicate that it's supposed to be as unimpressive as possible offensively and defensively (where it got 80 of 100 points towards its defenses, which are still not good, when it could have also gotten more Quiver Dance-oriented boosts) to make up for that support. Also

Last edited:
If Drifblim X hadn't also gotten Recover, Air Slash and Nasty Plot I'd have been more OK with it, but it's not that terrible and can afford to give the Attack back and take 10 points from something else, especially when going against a Drifblim would already force you to guess whether it's going the Prankster Y or the faster, harder-hitting X. Also, it's gonna really hard to make a usable Mega Volbeat/Illumise since Drifblim Y can have Prankster, Nasty Plot, and Baton pass (and even Recover!).
I'm fine with taking away Nasty Plot, since Mega Drifblim X doesn't really need it to beat the weather starters which is my role intended for it.

H'okay. Here's the slate. PM your top 3 to The Pizza Man If something's not right, tell me via your favorite method

Current Slate

Mega Cryogonal
Type: Ice -> Ice
Ability: Levitate -> Inversion (type effectiveness of moves used against Cryogonal is reversed)
New Moves: None

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 30 -> 85 (+55)
SpA: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpD: 135 -> 150 (+15)
Spe: 105 -> 120 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Cryogonal gains a third dimension and is now a complex prism! With a mustache!

Competitive Concept: For years I’ve wanted this. Since before Inverse Battles existed. Since before Cryogonal existed. Since before the Physical/Special split existed, I wanted an Ice/Normal pokemon with an ability that flipped weaknesses and resistances.

I didn’t give Cryo a Normal type, but I did give it a new life in Inversion. As it turns out, Mono-Ice is pretty amazing defensive typing when the chart’s reversed: Cryogonal trades an immunity to Ground and a resistance to Ice for a single weakness to Ice and a resistance to Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel. This Rapid Spinner may be hit by grounded hazards now, but it suddenly resists Stealth Rock. Add that to a much-improved defense stat and a nice little boost to its already-superb Special Defense, and we’ve got ourselves a tank.

But wait, there’s more! On top of utility like Rapid Spin, Recover, Haze, Screens, Magic Coat, and Knock Off, our special little snowflake retains a magnificent offensive boon in Freeze Dry. Ice Beam hits harder in general, but with Freeze Dry, you not only get STAB against Water types, but hit threats like Quagsire, Kingdra, and Gyarados x4. Odd as it may sound, it may be worth your time to fit both on any offensive Cryos out there, particularly as the rest of its coverage consists of Flash Cannon, Signal Beam (which only hits harder than Ice Beam if the foe resists Ice or is quad-weak to Bug), and, erm, Solar Beam and Hyper Beam.

Mega Cryogonal
Type: Ice -> Ice
Ability: Levitate -> Magic Guard

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 30 -> 60 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Spe: 105 -> 125 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mega Cryogonal channels its inner magical power of snowflakes to prevent passive damage (look guys I can be creative). That’s about all I really need to explain.

Competitive Concept: Spinner and special tank now with improved longevity and a fantastic ability. Once Mega Evolved, Cyrogonal is fully immune to passive damage; it serves not only as a fantastic user of Rapid Spin, but also as a status absorber. Unfortunately, Mega Cryogonal might have to suffer from one switch-in on SR before it Mega Evolves.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Cryogonal: 138-164 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Mega Cryogonal: 136-160 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Mega Cryogonal Freeze Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 436-520 (114.1 - 136.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Cryogonal Freeze Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 126-150 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Cryoganol
Type: Ice
Ability: Clear Ice(decreases the damage of non SE moves by 25%)
Stats: 70/50/30/95/135/105>>>70/50/80/125/155/105
Movepool: same
Basically I made it what it was and made it as good as possible at defensive ice

Cryogonal (Cryogonite)
Type: Ice -> Ice/Ghost
Abilities: Levitate -> Clear Ice
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 30 -> 80 (+50)
SpA: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpD: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Spe: 105 -> 105
BST: 485 -> 585

Cryogonal is weird, to say the least. In terms of design, it's a pissed-off snowflake. It shares a general design of being a large floating face with Gastly. It can turn into steam and vanish if its body temperature rises, which also bears a similarity to Gastly in being made of gas and being able to turn invisible. And on top of that, they both live in dark places caves, which made me decide to give Cryogonal a Ghost typing. It's probably a bit of a stretch but there are weirder typings.

What this does for an unfortunate defensive Ice-type is grant it an immunity to Fighting and resistances to Bug and Poison. This alone isn't enough to fix Cryogonal, so it recieves the Clear Ice ability, which was initially deisgned for it anyhow and allows it to better take neutral hits. Combined with its high Special Defense and access to Recover and Rapid Spin, it excels as a wall, and it has some offensive presence as well.

Mega Cryogonal
Typing: Ice -> Ice (Baby)
Ability: Levitate -> Winter Shield (immune to increased priority moves)
New Moves: N/A
HP: 70
Attack: 50 -> 50
Defense: 30 -> 40 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 -> 140 (+45)
Special Defense: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Speed: 105 -> 130 (+25)

When the Levitating snowflake loses its ability and hits the ground, that's a good indicator winter's coming. Sure, Mega Cryogonal still has lopsided defenses and will be KOed by just about any physical attack, but Winter Shield makes things at least wait their turn. Something like Scizor would normally switch in on Cryogonal and do as it pleased while laughing its head off, but now Mega Cryogonal can run Hidden Power Fire for a nasty surprise of 80-93% damage on 252/0 Mega Scizor without needing to get involved in any Bullet Punch/Pursuit mindgames. Compared to Mega Glaceon, it's much faster and slightly bulkier from the Special side (though that difference is nullified if Glaceon's investing in bulk and Cryogonal isn't), at the cost of some Special Attack, a ton of Defense, and coverage. Ice Beam, Freeze Dry and Hidden Power are the only damaging attacks it has to speak of, and those moves will compete with nice support options it already has like Recover, Haze, Rapid Spin, Light Screen, and Reflect.

Cryogonal

Ice -> Ice/Water
Ability: Frozen Grip (Traps types that Ice or Water is super-effective on, in addition to Water-types)

HP: 70 (+0) -> 70
Atk: 50 (+10) -> 60
Def: 30 (+50) -> 80
SpA: 95 (+25) -> 120
SpD: 130 (+0) -> 130
Spe: 105 (+15) -> 120

Movepool Additions: Soak, Hydro Pump

So this is a direction I took that I think no one else did, and I thought of it when reading Cryo's Bulbapedia entry, where it states that "[Cryogonal] captures its prey with chains of ice, freezing them at -148° F". I could immediately imagine myself as a little Totodile, strolling happily down along a riverbank, when suddenly this hexagonal crystalline ice monster floats out of nowhere, traps me in its icy chains and freezes me, chilling my bones until I faint. Okay, it might not be that extreme, but it really was just begging for a trapping ability. Neither existing one fit, so I made my own. This lets it do what it really wants to: use Rapid Spin. It can come in on a supporter or weak special attacker that it can trap and spin freely, and then eliminate it with an Ice Beam or Freeze-Dry if it's Water-type. Since a lot of Stealth Rockers are Rock/Ground type, the ability to trap and kill them and thus not have to spin many times in one game is very useful. So now we know Mega Cryogonal can spin effectively, what would prevent it from doing its job? Two things, mainly offensive pressure and Ghost-types. Cryogonal has pretty good coverage, being able to hit 7 types with super effective damage with its STABs thanks to Freeze Dry, but what if something like Scarf Keldeo comes in and threatens you out? I suggest pairing Mega Cryogonal with one or two physical walls, as it can take many special hits but is lacking in physical bulk. And feel free to use something like PhysDef Moltres as one of your walls now that Mega Cryogonal can reliably get rid of rocks for you. Ghost-types can be hit on the switch with a Soak or a strong STAB attack, in order to cripple them so they want to switch out - or, if they stay in when you soak them, you can spin on them. Soak also works well with Freeze-Dry, since it can Soak things like Ferrothorn on the switch and hit it with a super-effective Freeze Dry. It's mostly a gimmick, but it can cause a lot of switch and give Cryogonal many chances to spin freely, so I think it's worth trying out. I should also mention that many popular defoggers and spinners like Latios and Excadrill are trapped and easily killed, so Mega Cryogonal can really play an important role in hazard control. Speaking of which...

Mega Cryogonal
Typing: Ice ----> Ice/Steel
Abilities: Levitate ----> Reflection (When the user is hit with a Special move, the opponent will receive 50% of the damage dealt.)
BST: 70/50/30/95/135/105 ----> 70/50/60/125/155/125
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt

Or rather, 50% of the damage dealt if Mega Cryogonal has unlimited health.
The new ability of Cryogonal will make people think twice before sending Mega Charizard Y/Gengar/any special attackers to finish it off, because more often than not they will be crippled in return. For example, Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast, since it does this:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cryogonal in Sun: 660-780 (191.8 - 226.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It gets completely demolished as well in return, as the ability also makes it take half of the brunt aka 330-390 damage, which is guaranteed to kill it unless it invested fully in HP. Landorus's Focus Blast takes away over half of itself's health, same with Thundurus, Gengar and Mega Alakazam, while Greninja, Latios and Mega Gardevoir gets walled and slowly have their HP whittled down. Mega Cryogonal also possesses Recover, which gives it even longer time before fainting. You can also try an offensive Mega Cryogonal, with its added coverage in Dazzling Gleam and Thunderbolt, as well as its boosted Sp.Atk and Speed. Unfortunately, its Def is still pretty bad, and with the myriad of weaknesses from the Ice/Steel typing including a 4x Fire and Fighting weakness which are basically everywhere, so physical attackers can still faint it easily.

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug -> Bug/Poison
Ability: Hydration/Sticky Hold/Unburden -> Stance Change
New Moves: King's Shield

Shield Mode (default upon Mevolving, switching in, and after using King's Shield)

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Def: 40 -> 140 (+100)
SpA: 100 -> 70 (-30)
SpD: 60 -> 140 (+80)
Spe: 145 -> 95 (-50)

Attack Mode (activates upon, well, attacking)

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 70 -> 140 (+70)
Def: 40 -> 70 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 145 -> 95 (-50)

Flavor Concept: Recalling its lost youth as an armored, puckering blob, Accelgor decides to grab a steel shield.

Competitive Concept: Lordy mercy, what a change (those who recall my Escavalier know I like to play around with the bug twins' weird evolution concept). Thanks to its better HP stat, Shield Form Accelgor is actually bulkier than Shield Form Aegislash, albeit with worse typing; still, the addition of Poison gives Accelgor some wonderful new resists to play with.

Despite Accelgor's limited offensive movepool (its only moves with more than 80 BP are Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb (now with STAB), Focus Miss, Energy Ball, Double Edge and lol Hyper Beam/Giga Impact), it has some wonderful tricks up its sleeve. U-turn, for instance, makes it a magnificent pivot, entering with great defenses and attacking with STAB on a 140 base attack before fleeing. Knock Off is always fun utility, and Accelgor can be a real stinker with Infestation, Encore, and Toxic up its sleeve (not to mention Gastro Acid, which possibly has some use in this meta of ability-dependent megas).

Finally, unlike Aegislash, Accelgor has the means to heal itself, both through Giga Drain for offense, and with Recover. Didn't know Accelgor got Recover? Well why would you, it has 85/40/60 defenses! With Recover and King's Shield, alongside the aforementioned potency of Infestation, Encore, and Toxic, Mega Accelgor can run some serious stall, aided by its not-too-shabby speed of 95.

Which brings us to Accelgor's weakness: while the shield weighs it down from its former glory at 145, 95 speed is still pretty quick, meaning that plenty of pokemon will be attacking after Accelgor to hit its Attack Mode's paltry 85/70/70 bulk (which, to be fair, are still better than standard Accelgor's miserable defenses). Mega Accelgor has to be played with care, but considering how many roles it can play, and the general speed creep of the meta, it can still yield major dividends. Or you could just run Curse to keep its speed down and gain Defense at the same time (beware, though, Accelgor's physical movepool is nothing to write home about).

I'm really excited about the process of Escavalier and Accelgor's megas both reflecting their unique evolutionary journeys as they gain and lose their armor. Here are two simple sample sets (simple with no EVs):

Hazards Support
-Spikes
-Recover
-Encore/Gastro Acid/Toxic
-U-turn

With this set, Accelgor stays in Shield form while setting up hazards, healing itself, and messing with the opponent with Encore or Gastro Acid before U-turning for impressive damage.

Mixed Pivot
-Acid Spray/Sludge Bomb
-Bug Buzz
-King's Shield/Knock Off
-U-turn/Knock Off

Against faster foes, Accelgor can attack with its dual STAB and defend itself with King's Shield. If we make room for Knock Off, Accelgor gains both utility and a coverage attack against the Ghosts and Steels that resist both STABs. Acid Spray is particularly useful for the whole team, weakening an opponent before U-turning into a mon that takes advantage of the -2 Special Defense or the likely switch.

(Also, just to address coding concerns: considering an entire other petmod is being made to give every mon Stance Change, I severely doubt this will be difficult to code; if so, we can ask one of those folks to do it. I made sure to not try any fancy business with Stance Change here, it works precisely as Aegislash's does, down to the exact same move used to switch stances. A previous attempt to give Darmanitan Stance Change was problematic not because of Stance Change itself, but because of the complication of its stance changing depending on whether its attack was Physical or Special.)

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug -> Bug/Fighting
Ability: Hydration/Sticky Hold/Unburden -> Competitive
New Moves: Shadow Ball

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 70 -> 70
Def: 40 -> 60 (+20)
SpA: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 145 -> 165 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mega Accelgor competes/fights with its enemies for water to avoid dehydration, so it gains the ability Competitive and the Fighting type. Shadow Ball is added because all special attackers (should) have it.

Competitive Concept: Competitive sweeper with solid coverage for a Bug-type. Mega Accelgor beats out the entire unboosted metagame and can hit hard with perfect neutral coverage off of base 140 SpA. Once Talonflame is removed from the game, it can sweep with a set of Bug Buzz/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Spikes. Spikes is thrown in there both to set up an easier sweep and to encourage the opponent to use Defog, but Giga Drain can be used for extra coverage.

+2 252+ SpA Mega Accelgor Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 260-308 (85.5 - 101.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Mega Accelgor Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 408-482 (112 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Mega Accelgor Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 578-684 (82.1 - 97.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug>>>Bug/Poison
Ability: Pure Velocity(increases the damage of this pokemon's move by 30% if it outspeeds the opponent)
Stats: 80/70/40/100/60/145>>>80/80/80/120/90/155
Movepool: +Aura Sphere
This Accelgor runs the role that the TS LO accelgor does except with higher special damage(physical is just below) and a good ability
the attack boosts are because of uturn(standard in TS atleast) and pursuit(which lets you get PV boost on switching opponents)
Aura Sphere because accelgor is a ninja
Poison because they spit poison

Accelgor (Accelgorite)
Type: Bug -> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Hydration, Sticky Hold (Unburden) -> Specialize/Specialization (pre-existing ability, btw)
(All attacks use the Special Attack stat to deal damage)
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch

Atk: 70 -> 70
Def: 40 -> 70 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
BST: 495 -> 595

Accelgor is based off a ninja, a sort of warrior/assassin that relies on stealth and the element of surprise. More importantly, not anyone can be a ninja - they undergo specialized training and use specialized equipment to carry out their missions. The shuriken and katana are marks of a ninja in modern fiction, and Accelgor adapts these as moves.

Competitively, Accelgor becomes a high-speed assassin, targeting opponents with powerful special attacks before they can react. Even before opposing priority, thanks to Sucker Punch. It as frail as you'd think, either, and sports resistances to Grass, Ground, Dark, and Ghost. It has access to the best (and basically the only usable) special priority backed by STAB, as well as STAB U-turn (with as much power as Scizor's) and Pursuit.

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug -> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Hydration, Sticky Hold (Unburden) -> Swift Impact (Half of the Pokemon's total speed is added to Atk and SpAtk when dealing damage)
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Quiver Dance, Sticky Web

HP: 80
Atk: 70 -> 75 (+5)
Def: 40 -> 80 (+40)
SpA: 100
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Spe: 145 -> 175 (+35)

Concept: As scary as it may sound to directly add 246 to either attack stat, keep in mind that Accelgor has shitty neutral coverage. Water Shuriken can help, as it makes priority Talonflame think twice, but if you want REAL power, your coverage is Poison/Bug/Grass, and Skarmory couldn't give a fuck how many times you Quiver Dance before blowing you out. Even Knock Off won't hit that hard despite its new STAB boost. Focus Miss is... Focus Miss, it's a huge risk to even consider using it.

Then again, a new Sticky Web setter is always welcome. Shurikens are mostly Ninja flavored and Quiver Dance is an alternative boosting move to Agility.

Mega Accelgor
Typing: Bug -> Bug
Ability: Protean
New Moves: Sticky Web
80/70/40/100/60/140 -> 80/80/55/140/75/160

Concept: "Protean: of or resembling Proteus in having a varied nature or ability to assume different forms" -Merriam Webster (getting nerdy here :P)
Basically I stole the concept from greninja, who is a ninja and blends in with its surroundings to achieve the ability. Accelgor also happens to be a ninja, and apparently even uses more speed and "ninja-ness" than greninja. So there's protean.

Stays bug, because it's a bug ninja, deal with it, we're not gonna change types on every pokemon anyways, so there's that.

Gets Sticky Web now because it's a bug, it's fast, should be able to set it up easily if there were an actual pokemon battle, and let's face it; all the sticky web users now kinda suck (sash accelgor might be a thing)

I dumped a lot into special attack so that protean can actually be usable with its otherwise mediocre attacking stats. The rest was just dumped because that's what you gotta do sometimes.

Mega Accelgor
Typing: Bug ->Bug
Ability: Sticky Hold/Unburden (best abilities for a Mega ever)/Hydration -> Competitive
New Moves: Toxic Spikes
HP: 80
Attack: 70 -> 70
Defense: 40 -> 70 (+30)
Special Attack: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Special Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Speed: 145 -> 155 (+10)

Accelgor is a Pokemon that likes to go fast and doesn't take well to losing any races, ergo Competitive. This allows it to fill a niche on hazard-stacking teams as a Pokemon that can set up Spikes and dissuade the opponent from using Defog by threatening big damage if Competitive is activated (sorry, felt like adding Sticky Web didn't fit that well and would've been too greedy). Usually this requires switching Bisharp or Thundurus with Defiant in on Defog users; Pokemon with Competitive, such as Milotic, currently do not live up to their ability's name in the OU metagame. A nice little coincidence about Mega Accelgor's 135 base Special Attack is that with max investment, even 248 HP Talonflame is guaranteed to be OHKOed if you predict a switch-in and use Hidden Power Rock.

A good chunk of the points then go into its defenses to make setting up Spikes easier, and while the 10 points in Speed look like they were dumped in at the end, 155 base Speed allows it to either go Modest and outspeed positive-natured 130s or stay Timid and outspeed neutral-natured +1 base 100s.

EDIT: After seeing that Mega Froslass also has Competitive, I decided Accelgor needed another hazard to not be outclassed (it barely hits harder and has much worse offensive STAB, it can't Rapid Spin block, and the most relevant Pokemon between 111 and 155 base Speed is mowing Accelgor down with Brave Bird no matter what). I went with Toxic Spikes over Sticky Web because 1) Greninja gets TSpikes, and judging by the Protean submissions I'm not the only one seeing ninja similarities and 2) Sticky Web on base form Accelgor would make it too reliable a setter with Focus Sash and there are sure to be tons of crazy wallbreaking Megas that will be nearly impossible to stop if getting Sticky Web up is super easy.

Accelgor

Bug -> Bug/Poison
Ability: Oblivious

HP: 80 (+0) -> 80
Atk: 70 (+0) -> 70
Def: 40 (+45) -> 85
SpA: 100 (+20) -> 120
SpD: 60 (+25) -> 85
Spe: 145 (+10) -> 155

Movepool Additions: Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web

Accelgor has become the ultimate hazard-stacking lead. The main things support leads have to look out for is Taunt, but Accelgor don't give a fuck: with Oblivious, he completely ignores Taunt and sets up hazards in your face. His previously blistering speed has been upped 10 more points to a monstrous 155, and combined with his newly improved bulk he is almost sure to get at least two hazards up. Make sure you utilize team preview to set up the most important hazards first. If the other team has many Poison- and Steel- types, don't worry so much Toxic Spikes and focus on getting Spikes and Web up. If the opponent has an HO team, Sticky Web would be most useful to help slow down their offensive threats and also break any White Herbs, etc. MegAccelgor's new Poison typing kinda hurts it defensively, but offensively it gives STAB to one of its strongest moves in Sludge Bomb, and it provides justification for giving it Toxic Spikes. In terms of support moves, it has Encore, which is useful for ruining other leads who try to set up hazards alongside you. Just make sure you Encore them into Stealth Rock or Sticky Web, and not any spike moves, because that would be extremely counter-productive. Accelgor has a decent arrangement of attacking moves like Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain and Focus Blast, but most of the time, it only has one slot for an attacking move; all the others are taken up by hazards or support moves. This guy will probably be very effective but very predictable, like another hazard stacker lead, Froslass, but stronger, faster, and bulkier. Froslass does get Destiny Bond, but Accelgor is useful to keep alive to Encore set-up sweepers into set-up moves, or set up one more layer of Spikes mid-game, or unleash a strong STAB Sludge Bomb to kill that Sylveon your Keldeo wanted out of the way.

Accelgor
Type: Bug-->Bug/Fighting
Ability: Sticky Hold/Unburden/Hydration-->Protean
Stats: 80/70/40/100/60/145-->80/100/40/150/70/155
Movepool: +Aura Sphere

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug -> Bug/Water
Abilities: Hydration/StickyHold/Unburden -> Protean
New Moves: Water Shuriken

Atk: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Def: 40 -> 50 (+10)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
BST: 495 -> 595

Flavor Concept: The membrane that encased its body are now waves of water that circulate around Accelgors body.

Competitive Concept: At 165 base speed Accelgor outruns most scarfed moons in the OU tier alone and at 130 base SpAtk packs a punch for something designed to be a revenge killer first. M-Accelgors competitive use is enhanced with Protean as it can now function as a mixed/special attacker, spikes setter, or just play mind games to put pressure on foes more effortlessly.

Mega Accelgor
Bug ---> Bug/Dark
Hydration / Sticky Hold / Unburden ---> Adjacent Force. (Upon switch in or mega evolve, uses Power Swap).
80/70/40/100/60/145 ---> 80/120/45/130/60/160
New Moves: Knock Off.

So I've basically followed up Accelgor's ninja-like aspects and turned him into a dark ninja of the shadows :P
The ability is based off how ninjas generally aren't the biggest fighters and use their opponents power against them in martial arts. Also Accelgor learns Power Swap as a starting move so its not that out there. Strong against set-up sweepers.
Bug / Dark typing gives Accelgor useful STAB on Pursuit and Knock Off.

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug --> Bug / Ghost
Abilities: Hydration / Sticky Hold / Unburdan [HA] --> Competitive
Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 --> 80 / 70 / 60 [+20] / 160 [+60] / 70 [+10] / 155 [+10]
New Moves: Shadow Ball

Flavor:

I'll expand on this later.

Competitive Reasoning:

Mega Accelgor becomes a fearsome hazard setter with pseudo-unblockable spikes thanks to its added ghost typing and Competitive to dissuade defog users. Again, will add on this later.

Mega Accelgor
Typing: Bug ----> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Hydration/Sticky Hold/Unburden ----> First Strike (Move power increased by 30% if wielder moves first)
BST: 80/70/40/100/60/145 ----> 80/115/40/120/70/170
New Moves: Dark Pulse, X-Scissor, Drain Punch

Just try and tell me Accelgor doesn't look like a Dark type. As its base offensive stats aren't exactly that high, I have to give it a custom ability that boosts its offensive presence. First Strike is the opposite of Analytic; As long as you're faster, you hit harder, which with Mega Accelgor's 170 Speed isn't that hard of a thing. Bug/Dark has a surprisingly decent coverage, only getting walled by Fairy- and Fighting-types, which can be covered by other coverage moves. Mega Accelgor can hit from both physical and special side, having the stats and moves to do so, but its Def is still pathetically weak, not much better with Sp.Def, and its power can be lacking sometimes.

Mega Stunfisk
Type: Ground/Electric-> Ground/Electric
Ability: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Storm Drain
New Moves: Recover

HP: 109 -> 109
Atk: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Def: 84 -> 114 (+30)
SpA: 81 -> 111 (+30)
SpD: 99 -> 129 (+30)
Spe: 32 -> 32 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Stunfisk inflates! Now it's derpy and tubby all at once!

Competitive Concept: Dopefish really likes its new 109/114/129 bulk, but the kicker is its odd typing: Stunfisk is immune to Electric and has a very handy resistance to the omnipresent Flying. Resisting Poison and Steel, and hitting them back hard with Ground STAB if they're grounded or Electric STAB if they're Skarmory or Crobat, makes it a wonderful ally to Fairies everywhere. And, as a bonus, a Rock resist is always helpful on the switch.

I was really considering Arena Trap for added utility, but Storm Drain's transformation of a Water weakness into a strength, in a way that makes perfect sense with flavor, was too much to pass up. The special attack boost from Water moves also imrpoves its great utility STAB Discharge to spread Paralysis and Scald to spread Burn, as well as more powerful choices like STAB Thunderbolt, STAB Earth Power, Surf, and Sludge Bomb/Wave. Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Toxic, and the new addition Recover add to Stunfisks's usefulness, and generally make it into an excellent addition to any team that hates fairies and BirdSpam.

Mega Stunfisk
Type: Ground/Electric -> Ground/Electric
Ability: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Grounded (See OP for description)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Recover

Atk: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Def: 84 -> 101 (+17)
SpA: 81 -> 131 (+50)
SpD: 99 -> 112 (+13)
Spe: 32 -> 42 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Stunfisk is known as the “Trap Pokemon,” so I deemed it flavorful for it to trap all opponents on the ground with Grounded. The Fire attacks and Recover are added because why the hell not.

Competitive Concept: Special tank with phenomenal two-move coverage and a unique typing. Mega Stunfisk achieves perfect neutral coverage with Earth Power/Flamethrower in conjunction with its ability, Grounded. Additionally, access to reliable recovery permits it to consistently heal throughout the match in addition to provide utility with its fourth moveslot. Toxic, Scald, Thunderbolt, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave are all viable options for added utility.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Mega Stunfisk: 314-372 (74.5 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Stunfisk: 124-146 (29.4 - 34.6%) -- 6.2% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Mega Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 338-402 (111.1 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Stunfisk Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 344-408 (97.7 - 115.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Stunfisk

Ground/Electric ----> Ground/Electric

Static/Limber/Sand Veil ----> Arena Trap

109/66/84/81/99/32 ----> 109/76/114/111/119/42 (--/+10/+30/+30/+20/+10)

New Moves: Charge Beam, Nasty Plot

Stunfisk is known as the Trap Pokemon, so why not give its Mega form Arena Trap as an ability? This allows Mega Stunfisk to be a bulky trapper, allowing it to come in on Choice-locked Electric moves or other things that don’t do much and proceed to set up or knock it out. The two added moves give Stunfisk a way to boost its Special Attack, while making the most sense flavour wise.

Stunfisk (Stunfiskite)
Abilities: Static, Limber (Sand Veil) -> Dry Skin
New Moves: Slack Off

Atk: 66 -> 66
Def: 84 -> 109 (+25)
SpA: 81 -> 116 (+35)
SpD: 99 -> 159 (+50)
Spe: 32 -> 22 (-10)
BST: 471 -> 571

Stunfisk lives in the water, so it really shouldn't be weak to it. Dry Skin is fitting for a Ground type and might offer an explanation as to why it's mostly found in shallow water or buried under mud.

The new ability provides a Water immunity and passive recovery under Rain, which augments its unique type with an immunity to Electric and resistances to Flying, Rock, and Steel.

Other than that, Stunfisk receives a general upgrade to its stats. It loses speed because it remains motionless underwater and covered in mud. With 109/109/159 bulk, Scald and Discharge it makes a solid wall that can spread status and be a solid wall.

Mega Stunfisk
Abilities: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Water Absorb
New Moves: Slack Off, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot

Atk: 66 -> 71 (+5)
Def: 84 -> 124 (+40)
SpA: 81 -> 126 (+45)
SpD: 99 -> 129 (+30)
Spe: 32 -> 12 (-20)

Concept: While others are giving Stunfisk more power, I want my derp fish to literally sit there and take it up the ass while striking back as hard as it can. Once again, we have a RotomW immune pokemon from me... do people like RotWash too much to let my crusade against him work?

In any case, despite having 2 boosting moves, there's no way you'll see him sweep unless you use Trick Room. In a Trick Room, you'll find there are very few slower mons, and I'm thinking of lowering it by 5 more points just to make sure.

So no, this isn't a clone of anyone else's. I don't want to brag, but I feel as though I'm gonna be the only one to drop his speed as he should lose it all!

Mega Stunfisk
Typing: Ground/Electric -> Ground/Electric
Ability: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Fight or Flight (+1 priority against Ground and Electric types)
HP: 109
Attack: 66 -> 66
Defense: 84 -> 114 (+30)
Special Attack: 81 -> 121 (+40)
Special Defense: 99 -> 129 (+30)
Speed: 32 -> 32

As the Pokedex says, it can contort itself with unexpected speed to escape things it can't paralzye. Stunfisk needs a lot of help, so rather than using that sudden speed to flee, its Mega can be more aggressive without necessarily needing to switch out.

Bigger defenses allow it to take some hits and try to status a few things, and the ability helps it against those things it can't paralyze. Something like Balloon-less Excadrill can't just switch into Discharge because Fight or Flight means Earth Power from Mega Stunfisk is going to put a hurt on it. That goes double for Electric types; Mega Stunfisk can counter most of them quite well since even if it's worn down it can heal itself with priority RestTalk.

252+ Atk Technician Klinklang Bulldoze vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stunfisk: 204-242 (48.3 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's an excellent check to a potentially major threat, made even better by the fact that Mega Stunfisk can end Mega Klinklang with Earth Power regardless of how many Shift Gear boosts it's gotten.

Stunfisk

Ground/Electric -> Ground/Electric
Ability: Magic Guard

HP: 109 (+0) -> 109
Atk: 66 (+9) -> 75
Def: 84 (+31) -> 115
SpA: 81 (+29) -> 110
SpD: 99 (+31) -> 130
Spe: 32 (+0) -> 32

Movepool Additions: Slack Off

Type: Ground/Electric ---> Ground/Electric
Ability: Limber/Static/Sand Veil ---> Super Static (Just static but with a 60% chance of paralysis rather than 30%)
Stats: 109/66/84/81/99/32 ---> 109/66/124/111/129/32
New Moves: Slack Off

Honestly, Static is already a pretty good ability, its just that when your abusers are frail electric types it doesn't get much of a chance to shine. Even so, I've buffed it up a little so it's more reliable and to give megafisk more of a reason to be used.
The obvious things are good mixed bulk and recovery, and fisk's interesting typing gives it a group of unusual resistances to differentiate it from other walls.

The main thing I see mega fisk being handy with however is in counterring Voltturn strategies, by blocking Volt Switch and often times paralysing those that try to U-turn from it. Not only that, but Super Static could be a handy emergency sweeper stop, if the RNG is on your side.

Mega Meinshao
Type: Fighting-> Fighting
Ability: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless-> Winter Shield (User is immune to increased-priority moves (current users: Glaceon, Beartic); we can either change this fan ability's name, or note that Mienshao is based off Eastern monks that regularly survive harsh mountain winters)
New Moves: Nope!

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 95 -> 135 (+40)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 105 -> 135 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Meinshao gets an orange Shaolin robe to keep warm.

Competitive Concept: Even if we add 50 to both of Meinshao's defenses, there's simply no way it can go far in a meta with Gale Wings Talonflame and Quick Attack Mega Pinsir. Sure, we could give Meinshao Extremespeed, but then regular Meinshao would have it as well, eliminating the whole point of this meta making megas the improvements.

The solution? No more priority attacks. Meinshao's blistering 135 speed leaves Talonflame and Pinsir in the dust, and after mountain training grants it a Winter Shield, their precious priority attacks are meaningless (with the unfortunate exception of Feint, should Pinsir choose to run it; still, this means that Pinsir is forced into a slightly less powerful move for your other mon to deal with). Meinshao's increased power with Reckless or survivability with Regenerator is sarificed, but in exhange, you'll have a heck of a time revenge killing this monster.

But doesn't this make our monk ermine OP? Not with this BST. 135 Attack is mighty for sure, but hardly impossible to overcome in this meta full of powerhouse defenders, and its own bulk still pitiful. Its most powerful move is still the unreliable High Jump Kick, and without Regenerator at its side, all it takes is Protect, a smart switch to a ghost, or simple bad luck to make Meinshao destroy itself. Rock Slide and Stone Miss for much-needed Flying coverage are similarly shoddy, the former unless the opponent is super weak to Rock, and the latter for its horrible accuracy.

Mienshao's new Special Attack of 135 makes for a wonderfully powerful Aura Sphere, Grass Knot, and Hidden Power, but there's not much else to do with this buffed stat. Any mon with more than 135 speed (of which there are many in this new meta) and halfway-decent offensive stats is a death sentence. Meinshao's susceptible to burns, paralysis, and Sticky Web, all of which are crippling. Finally, while it has access to Swords Dance, Meinshao has no way to boost its own speed, meaning it can't in any scenario outstrip every non-Feinting mon in the game and become impossible to revenge kill.

Still, despite its many flaws, Mega Mienshao is certainly worth the risk, thanks to its combination of power, speed, and immunity to priority.

Mega Mienshao
Type: Fighting -> Fighting
Ability: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless -> Reckless

Atk: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 105 -> 115 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Mienshao gets all bulked up to deal heavier damage.

Competitive Concept: Risky SD sweeper capable of OHKOing the vast majority of the metagame after only one boost. HJK/Knock Off/Poison Jab provides nearly perfect neutral coverage and insane power. U-Turn is also an option, but is practically incompatible with boosting moves. If you’re not quite convinced of this thing’s viability, just look at this:

+2 252 Atk Reckless Mega Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 333-393 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mega Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 256-302 (90.4 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Reckless Mega Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Mienshao
Type: Fighting
Ability: Judo(increases the recoil of the opponents move by an extra 50% of damage done if they outspeed this pokemon)
Stats: 65/125/60/95/60/105>>>65/160/110/95/60/130
Movepool: same
The purpose of this mega is to be a sweeper that your opponent won't try to revenge kill unless they don't have another way to take it down in which case you're gonna want to switch to something that can take the hit better though mienshao can now survive weak priority

Mienshao (Mienshao)
Abilities: Inner Focus, Regenerator (Reckless) -> Winter Shield
New Moves: Recover, Power Whip

Atk: 125 -> 140 (+15)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 120 (+25)
Spe: 105 -> 125 (+20)
BST: 510 -> 610

Mienshao grows fur resembling robes traditionally worn by Shaolin monks, which it is takes some inspiration from. They are known for training in cold environments, so it fits flavorwise.

Mienshao will not be able to thrive in the harsh environment of OU among the bravest of birds and various other foes with their priority bared. It undertakes training and the end result it rendering these attacks ineffective against it.

Mienshao can still be revenge killed by opponents with greater speed, and hates Mega Manectric for its Intimidate and greater speed, as well as Ghost types who may switch in on its powerful High Jump Kick and cause it to damage itself heavily.

Mega Mienshao
Type: Fighting -> Fighting/Poison
Abilities: Inner Focus, Regenerator (Reckless) -> Mind Clear (When struck by Psychic moves, takes no damage and heals 25% health)
New Moves: Poison Fang, Gunk Blast, Sludge Wave

Atk: 125 -> 150 (+25)
SpA: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Spe: 105 -> 115 (+10)

Concept: Everyone's harping on priority, well here's a priority concern for you: your kung fu weasel has rabies!

I would change font size if I could, but hopefully all the text modifiers will remind you how important this is.

So... why this thing? Do you not want another Fight/Poison type to abuse? What about a Psychic immune fighter? Does that not appeal AT ALL? It also plays much differently than Toxicroak, so you needn't worry about the amphibian's thunder being stolen.

Mega Mienshao
Ability: Combo Artist
Stats:
HP: 65
Atk: 125 (+25) = 150
Def: 60 (15+) = 75
SpA: 95 (+35) = 130
SpD: 60 (+15) = 75
Spe: 105 (+10) = 115
Movepool: Psycho Cut, Power Whip, Refresh
The idea for her stat distribution comes from her optional role as a special attacker even if her special movepool is barren, she has all the moves she needs. Thepower whip is here to emphasize her arm like whips that can damage enemies from up close and afar. Refresh mostly reflects her meditative nature since her slender sexy body appeals to me as a pokemon that does yoga daily with spiritual meditation every week, ad physical training everyday.

Finding the closest balance of power during her training on the frigid mountains of Mt. Coronet, she further enhances her mental and spiritual training when she learns to unleash her inner spirit. Hence, she learns how to rid of ailments whenever her body needs it out of her system (poison, burns, etc). Through her trekking within the vast forests of the world, she mastered how to use her arm whips as powerful repellants to water, ground, and rock types that face her as if her arms obtained Celebi's blessings after aiding the legendary pokemon.

Mienshao

Fighting -> Fighting
Ability: Pacemaker (Decreases the priority of any priority move by 1)

Movepool Additions: Psychic

HP: 65 (+0) -> 65
Atk: 125 (+15) -> 140
Def: 60 (+28) -> 88
SpA: 95 (+24) -> 119
SpD: 60 (+23) -> 83
Spe: 105 (+10) -> 115

Mienshao
Ability: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless-->Reckless
Stats: 65/125/60/95/60/105-->65/175/60/125/60/125
Movepool: +Flare Blitz +Wild Charge

Mega Mienshao
Abilities: InnerFocus/Regenerator/Reckless -> Regenerator

Atk: 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 60 -> 73 (+13)
Spe: 105 -> 122 (+17)

Flavor Concept: It's whiskers and tail are longer, with the split ends of both more separated and extended as well. Ears are more defined as well. Stronger contrast in the purple and yellow on its body.

Competitive Concept: The idea of this one is that it can now function as a physical, special, or mixed attacker. Keeps Regenerator cause that's an awesome ability on it anyways. Speed tier puts it at a respectable amount to compete with offense, while having access to Taunt and Calm Mind allows it to stall or wall break more efficiently depending on the set being used.

Mega Mienshao
Typing: Fighting ----> Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless ----> Cloud Step (Immune to and boost Speed by 1 stage when hit by Flying-type moves.)
BST: 65/125/60/95/60/105 ----> 65/145/70/115/85/130
New Moves: Power Whip, Air Slash

Basing this on the Qinggong technique in Chinese martial arts, Mega Mienshao is now part Flying-type, and its ability gives it an edge against all the Flying-types in the OU metagame. Talonflame and Mega Pinsir can no longer just go and smack it with a priority Brave Bird or Aerilate Quick Attack, while they are wrecked by Stone Edge in return. 130 Speed is already quite good in OU, but the +1 in Speed would let it outspeed even more opponents. Unfortunately, it doesn't really have any STAB Flying moves other than Air Slash and Bounce(lol), but it gained Power Whip as well for extra coverage. At least it has more Flying STAB than Gyarados. Still, while there is a boost in its defenses, Mega Mienshao is still frail by OU standard, and it now has a weakness to Ice Shard, another priority move, as well.

8/6 - 8/8
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Bouffalant

oh man
Oh Man
OH MAN
BISHARP
It's pretty clear what I'm going to do.

Golurk can have some nice boost to its bulk and be a Stealth Rock setter. Or maybe Grounded as ability?

clapyourhands, thanks for all the work! In terms of X and Y mons (this ties into my Garbo as well) I think we should just reexamine every tie when we're done, and then decided case-by-case whether to keep both versions as-is, fudge the movepools, combine the forms, or revote to pick one over the other. So put my Garbo in there for now.

One problem I've been seeing in past Megas from here is changing the primary type. No dual-type pokemon has ever had that happen in the history of Pokemon. When a dual-type pokemon changes type, such as Skrelp to Dragalge or Skorupy to Drapion, it's always the secondary type that's changed. The same goes for Megas, like Gyarados or, in the case of losing a type, Aggron. We can't change the primary type.

Currently, though, we have the likes of Fighting/Flying Farfetchd/Staraptor and pure Flying Archeops. Do they fit flavor? Yes. Do they work competitively? Sure. But they break one of the cardinal precedents of this series, and unfortunately I think they need to be revisited.

This all ties into this slate, actually: I'm certainly tempted to make Golurk Steel/Ghost or Fighting/Ghost. But Ground is its primary type, and as such, it cannot and should not be changed.

Perhaps a tanky spread is in store for Druddigon. It wouldn't be completely against flavor to give it Roost.

Fighting/Ghost Golurk with No Guard. That's a pretty easy decision for me to make.

Please give Mega Bisharp a completely different role. It's annoying enough as it is.

I have a particularly cool idea for Mega Bouffalant that acts as a momentum-stopper, but I'll elaborate on that when it gets to submission time. Please don't just blindly give it moves like Flare Blitz. There's no flavor behind that at all (the only reason I'm saying this is because all mons who like to abuse recoil moves get at least one Rock Head/Reckless submission with a bunch of flavorless new moves).

We've already changed loads of primary types in this project (one that comes to mind is Farfetch'd). I'll check later when I'm not on my phone for more examples

We've already changed loads of primary types in this project (one that comes to mind is Farfetch'd). I'll check later when I'm not on my phone for more examples
I know we have. I mentioned we have. That's the problem. We shouldn't use examples from this project as precedent over the crystal clear precedent set by the games. Zero percent of primary types have ever been changed for dual-type mons despite many opportunities to do so. It's even led to some strange typings of base forms, like the reverse of the normal Bug/Poison to Poison/Bug on Skorupi.

If we change primary types, heck, why not just change both types? There's no precedent for that either.

What if Druddigon were Dragon/Rock? It draws clear inspiration from gargoyles, the skin on its face is "harder than rock", and it's Japanese name Crimgan is a combination of crimson and 岩 gan (rock). For abilities, I'm thinking Solid Rock or Levitate. Give it Defog and you have a unique combination of utility and offense. It can probably be given Roost and Swords Dance, too.

Golurk should be Ground/Steel, keeping Iron Fist while gaining Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch. Fewer weaknesses, better STAB, what's not to like?

Bisharp makes the perfect candidate for Vampiric Blade, a new ability that so far has been given to Aegislash. Swordsman/Blade master sounds a bit too noble for it, considering it's users like Samurott and Gallade. It also gives it a form of recovery, like a better Shell Bell (which is terrible to begin with).

Bouffalant... Scrappy, perhaps?

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry about the Beartic, didn't notice, just remove the extra defense and special defense, also yes we removed Recover on Dusknoir

Also on the spreadsheet you forgot the lost batch pokes and some of the custom abilities effects

Last edited:
I feel Bouffalant would be better with Rock Head (or a flavor clone of it) and maybe Head Smash? Bouffalant's afro is supposed to absorb the shock of its attacks (which explains why Head Charge is only 25% recoil instead of the 33% that Double Edge has). So maybe its afro is large enough that it can cushion the blows with all recoil attacks. Head Smash because of the name. In this case we would make it a bit bulkier so it would have a reason to run those attacks

When Druddigon was originally chosen (before it was deemed too weird and reopened), it was a Dragon/Steel type and made kind of crazy-like. Maybe Dragon/Steel isn't a bad idea after all, but it could use some tweeking.

Golurk is an amazing Pokemon and just really needs better stats and better STAB. The only problem is that there is no good ghost STAB that would make sense on this thing thing...

What if Druddigon were Dragon/Rock? It draws clear inspiration from gargoyles, the skin on its face is "harder than rock", and it's Japanese name Crimgan is a combination of crimson and 岩 gan (rock). For abilities, I'm thinking Solid Rock or Levitate.
I was thinking that, and I really want to do that, except Dragon/Rock is terrible defensive typing.

So far it seems everyone's agreeing that it should be bulky, which is great; I'm personally going for an upgraded version of Rough Skin (only because Rough Skin by itself would generally be outclassed by a normal mon holding a Rocky Helmet in terms of passive damage) and giving it Spiky Shield, to not only act as a tank, but to thoroughly discourage contact moves. Still, I can definitely also imagine this physical beast getting Tough Claws, overdone as they are.

I'm also going for a new ability for Golurk, which I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet (I think because Grounded exists): auto-Gravity when Golurk's in the field. It would not only make Ground/Ghost hit everything but Grass/Dark and Bug/Dark neutrally, but decrease evasion to the point where it can still use Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge more accurately.

Bisharp's definitely getting a different niche, as per the OP.

I'm excited to see people's take on Bouffalant, barring boring recoil move additions. What's really cool about Shia LaBouff is that it can take serious advantage of its base form by using Sap Sipper for a free switch/+1 to Attack if you play your cards right. My idea will also be expanded on in the submissions section.

I'm seeing many attempts to "fix" ice types by making them defensive... which is the mistake GF has been doing since gen 1 in the first place.
Honestly I don't think this is going to work, especially considering they face competition from the much more defenisve steel, fairy and water-type mega evolutions.
May I suggest to embrace the "glass cannon" philosophy behind the type and make the most of it?
Even something as simple as the following ability could give ice types a powerful niche, in spite of their limited defensive abilities. Said ability would be...

Flashfreeze: +1 priority to ice-type moves.

Basically an ice-type Gale Wings. Give it to something with Haze and you've created a very viable niche that can function as a revenge-killer or anti-sweep. This alone would give ice types a much greater chance to make an impact than any defensive boost can ever hope to achieve.
Just my two cents.
Definitely, made most obvious by Game Freak somehow being able to make a 660 BST legendary Dragon UU and a 700 BST upgrade to it with 170 Attack and Mold Breaker not too broken for OU! All they needed to do for Kyurem was give it one alternate forme with Freeze Shock, Ice Burn, and an ability that acted like an auto-Power Herb. Bam, instant Uber with no need to even change the base stats when Ice Burn from base 130 has a damage output between Ice Beam and Draco Meteor from base 170 and a much better effect at the cost of imperfect accuracy. Then it wouldn't have needed Fusion Bolt/Fusion Flare to be a wallbreaker deserving of Uber status since even Steel types would've had to risk a burn/paralysis to switch in.

Giving my Mega Cryogonal Winter Shield was basically an attempt to make it more offensive because another ability would have necessitated dumping a bunch of points or EVs into Defense - something like Azumarril's Aqua Jet (with no boosting item) can KO Cryogonal after Stealth Rock. That freed a bunch of points to go into making it a glass cannon, but I still added some Special Defense because it would've felt weird to go from having Special Defense be 30 points higher than its 2nd-highest stat to having it be the 3rd-highest stat on the Mega.

With Winter Shield, Azumarill can't just switch in on Ice Beam and dominate Cryogonal since Ice Beam followed by Freeze Dry is likely to KO.

Last edited:
***The ability's name breaks the extended character limit for XY, I believe, so perhaps something shorter like Dreamer would be better?
lucid dreamer? same # of characters as "compound eyes", and it's basically what a "choose your attacks while asleep" ability would be, if we could code it.

actually, i might take a crack at that.....

edit: i don't think i know enough about showdown to mod it, and i have no way of testing my code anyways, but i think the simplest thing to do might be to create a whole new status that acts like sleep in every way except the differences musharna's ability would cause, and then have musharna's ability give musharna that status any time it would be put to sleep.

edit2: oh nevermind, looks like the sleep status itself can just be modified. does anyone have a server i could try and test this out on, so we know if it's possible and how to do it?

Last edited:
Bisharp's definitely getting a different niche, as per the OP.
That's why I liked the Swordsman idea. It gets rid of Knock Off/Sucker Punch spam to using Night Slash and any other coverage moves it has that's boosted/we can think of adding for fun. As for looks, well, I'm thinking like the Shredder from TMNT. Bisharp practically looks that way anyways

One problem I've been seeing in past Megas from here is changing the primary type. No dual-type pokemon has ever had that happen in the history of Pokemon. When a dual-type pokemon changes type, such as Skrelp to Dragalge or Skorupy to Drapion, it's always the secondary type that's changed. The same goes for Megas, like Gyarados or, in the case of losing a type, Aggron. We can't change the primary type.

Currently, though, we have the likes of Fighting/Flying Farfetchd/Staraptor and pure Flying Archeops. Do they fit flavor? Yes. Do they work competitively? Sure. But they break one of the cardinal precedents of this series, and unfortunately I think they need to be revisited.
Most birds DO change primary type if they change type. Altaria does, as does Fletchinder, both from normal.

Alright, some spreadsheet updates:

-Changed "Dream Fulfillment" to "Dreamer"
-Changed "Last Fart" to "Residual Toxin" (if anyone can come up with a shorter, snappier name, be my guest, but this should be fine--thanks zero!)

Pokemon that change primary type upon Mega Evolution
-Bibarel (Normal-->Ground)
-Farfetch'd (Normal-->Fighting; I'd call this an exception due to the "Flying-type Rule" where Flying must always be the secondary type up until Noivern [Togekiss changed primary type from Gen V to Gen VI, so there's precedence for Flying-types, also Altaria and Fletchinder)
-Gallade (Fairy-->Fighting)
-Noctowl (Normal-->Psychic; again, Flying precedence)
-Staraptor (Normal-->Fighting; see above)

So really, the only problems I encountered were Bibarel and Gallade; we did enforce the primary type rules for reservations, which is why the only two Megas to change primary typings were during the submissions and voting model after most of the balancing committee went AFK (aka the Sinnoh slates). It should be something we deal with eventually, but i doesn't rank as urgent as Pokemon who break stat boost limits or the like.

That's why I liked the Swordsman idea. It gets rid of Knock Off/Sucker Punch spam to using Night Slash and any other coverage moves it has that's boosted/we can think of adding for fun. As for looks, well, I'm thinking like the Shredder from TMNT. Bisharp practically looks that way anyways
I ask again, can we have its name changed to Blademaster to be more encompassing of things that'd be too good for Tough Claws but don't have actual swords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)