XY Ubers Rain & Keychain (reqs team; peaked ~1500)

Thought I'd make an RMT for the team I used to get reqs. It peaked at about 1500 (just above) but then got knocked down a bit. (Screw you, Drifblim, Scolipede, Smeargle...) Anyway, by the time I made reqs, it had gone 55:24. Special thanks to haxiom, who helped me learn ubers and gave the team a lot of input, suggestions, and feedback.

Team Rain & Keychain

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry / Leftovers | Intimidate | Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD (IVs: 28 Spe)
Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Knock Off / U-turn

Generally the lead. Sets the first hazard, which is especially useful because this team struggled quite a bit vs. Ho-Oh. Also provides a lot of momentum. IVd to outslow base 90s, particularly Groudon and Giratina, as that allows Lando to tank a hit before u-turning into something more appropriate, such as Kyogre if I'm out against Groudon or Palkia if I'm out against Gira. I used to have Leftovers, which were quite useful, but about 3/4 of the way through laddering I switched it to Lum Berry to absorb a burn from Gira or Toxic from whatever. Also lets me lead vs. Darkrai, and U-turn to break the sash as he fails to sleep me. Then I can go into Kyogre for an early-game water spout, potentially forcing the opponent to reveal their Arceus form or making their other Kyogre counter vulnerable and dealing some nice damage with the right prediction. Ultimately Palkia doesn't have any recovery, so if I have to chip away little by little to bust through it, so be it. Knock Off to remove Life Orbs and Lum Berries (even AV from Palkia or Power Herb from Xerneas if I'm lucky/the opponent is stupid). Finally, helps vs. Blaziken in conjunction with Kyogre's rain.

Klefki @ Leftovers | Prankster | Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Spikes / Play Rough / Thunder Wave / Toxic

Alternate lead vs. teams with Deoxys-S. T-Wave it, then Play Rough a couple times, then switch to Ghosteus for the defog + kill. Also lead vs. Deoxys-A, as Play Rough OHKOs (lol). However, I have to keep it super safe against teams with Xerneas (so...all of them) because it's the only way to guarantee Xerneas eventually goes down thanks to T-Wave negating Geo's speed boost. Luckily a lot of people play Xerneas really poorly, sending it out early allowing me to damage during Geo (they usually come out vs. Palkia or Ghosteus), switch to Klefki to tank a hit (Xern can't OHKO with anything, even at +2), get off a t-wave, and then potentially a play rough or a spike if I get lucky with a full para. Then Klef goes down, I bring in Lando, and EQ for the kill. If not, another member has to finish the job. Sucks, but hey, it's friggin' Xerneas. Even sub or aromatherapy won't help, as the former breaks from a single play rough (except against the most physically defensive of Xerns), and if it tries the latter I can simply put the status back next turn. Klefki also helps vs. Blaziken (though I can't use it for Blaziken if Xern is still alive, as Blaze will kill and it's easier for the team to deal with than Xern), Mewtwo, and just in general as my team love love loves hazards especially Yveltal as they help him beat stall. Finally, it resists Yveltal's STABs, and toxics and walls the shit out of Lugia, who can only "beat" Klefki if it's running sub and whirlwind. He has to be careful about spamming toxic, though, as Xerneas MUCH prefers that status to thunder wave. So much pressure to put on such a cute little keychain!

Palkia @ Assault Vest | Pressure | Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Spacial Rend / Hydro Pump / Thunder / Fire Blast

Mandatory Kyogre check. AV because screw opposing Kyogres, and screw Ditto as well. Also lets me be safe vs. Xerneas in case it decides to Moonblast first turn rather than using Geo. Hydro Pump even outside rain is generally a 2HKO, which lets me pull off the Klefki suicide mission without having to lose Landorus as well. Base 100 speed is amazing to let it check things like weakened Giratina and CB Zekrom. Also a fairly good option against Genesect, though +1 U-turn definitely hurts. Moves are completely standard. I considered putting Thunder Wave on this thing to mess with Xerneas even more, but Fire Blast is just so useful and I need some pre-Geo damage on it anyway. Also helpful vs. Arceus-Water though Arceus-Water is extremely dangerous for the team, much more so than Grasseus.

Yveltal @ Dread Plate | Dark Aura | Hasty
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Dark Pulse / Sucker Punch / Oblivion Wing / Taunt

Sucker Punch is extremely important priority for the team, as it lets Yveltal pick off weakened Kyogres in case Palkia went down early, and is a last resort against Xerneas if Lando couldn't finish the job. Taunt is also extremely useful as this guy shuts down stall single-handedly. Even Chansey (which for some reason I saw much more than Blissey) doesn't want to be taunted and sucker punched over and over, so it usually surprises them and forces them to switch out with damage, meaning it can no longer counter a full-HP Kyogre. Dark Pulse for mandatory and extremely powerful STAB (Yveltal seriously surprised me over and over with how much a Dark Pulse could do), Oblivion Wing for recovery and to hit Grasseus. Dread Plate because screw life orb recoil (and I didn't really appreciate the life orb damage when I wasn't packing Roost). Checks Gira, Ghosteus, and Mewtwo (MM2Y's Ice Beam does not OHKO without prior damage and Sucker Punch does), and forces MGar to switch out, suicide, or simply be killed. Absorbs Deo-A's Psycho Boost, and can tank two ESpeeds, though it doesn't really enjoy having its plate knocked off.

Arceus @ Spooky Plate | Multitype | Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Defog / Judgment / Will-O-Wisp / Recover

Burns, burns all around! Burns for E-Killer, burns for Mega Kangaskhan, burns for Yveltal switch-ins, burns for Zekrom, burns for Rayquaza, burns for MM2X, burns for Ho-Oh--oh CRAP!!! ...okay, now that that's out of my system, here you have Ghosteus. I've already outlined a lot of his jobs earlier in this RMT. Basically, he kills hazard setters (except Groudons...though he could if he wanted, but I usually at least have Lando soften them up first) and then defogs their shit away. A special screw you to Scolipede, who gets attacked, then burnt, and then defog spammed on him until he leaves or dies. Next, he is THE switch in to Mega Kanga and E-Killer, burning both, though not being able to do much else to either. Sadly gets nailed in the bum by Refresh E-Killer (if only Refresh had less PP...) and by faster E-Killers with Shadow Force. Doesn't shut down non-shadow force E-Killer completely, but once burned, the team as a whole has been able to play around him fairly well. Ghosteus works especially well against E-Killer if I haven't revealed my Arceus form yet, and can get enough damage on it as it SDs the first time, as that pressures it to go for ESpeed giving Ghosteus opportunity to switch in. If possible, Yveltal tries to come in for the taunt. Occasionally E-Killer will come in on Yveltal, giving me the opportunity to taunt and then switch into Ghosteus. Helps back up Yveltal against Ghost and Psychic threats like Gira, Mewtwo, and Lugia. Finally, provides support against Blaziken in combination with Kyogre's rain.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf | Drizzle | Modest
Water Spout / Surf / Thunder / Ice Beam
The primary win-condition on the team. Scarf to clean up late game once Palkia and Arceus are gone. Dialga can be a problem, too, but, he's generally dealt fairly easily by the rest of the team. Zekrom buckles under the might of scarf Modest full HP Water Spout, taking over 50% damage, and then being forced to choose a dragon or electric move with the threat of being blocked by Klefki or Landorus, respectively. After a single Water Spout, it can't tank another, meaning once it comes in all I have to do is switch out and get Kyogre in safely again. (e.g., another slow U-turn from Landorus.) I prefer Modest over Timid for that extra oomph, especially after I've taken damage to ensure surf does as much as possible. Also ensures the OHKO with Water Spout against 252 HP Xerneas. The extra speed boost also doesn't help against the most common Ubers scarfers, namely Genesect (outspeeds and U-turns for massive damage and goes into a counter), Zekrom (way too risky to bet my win condition on a speed tie), and Xerneas (outspeeds anyway, ensuring it wins 1v1 as surf can't OHKO even 0 HP Xern and neither can WS after taking a moonblast).

At a glance:
Landorus-T | Klefki | Palkia | Yveltal | Arceus-Ghost | Kyogre

Major known issues:
Ho-Oh
Refresh E-Killer (and shaky vs. E-Killer in general)
Teams that are overprepared for Kyogre, especially when they have Arceus-Water
Goddamned bulky ass rest talk Kyogre who can go and suck a big one

Aight so time to rate my first team on Smogon wooooo

At my first glance, the team looks p solid and props for using Ghostceus [[:

As you said in your threat list, Ho-oh can give your team trouble, as it's able to 2HKO pretty much your whole team. One option you have is to change Knock Off from Lando-T -> Stone Edge so that you can actually kill it with Lando-T (it looks like your only switch in). I don't really understand the point of the 'outslow' part of Lando-T, but that might just be me. I would change it into 88 speed EVS (31 speed IVs obv) to outspeed most Ho-oh's and to creep a bit.

Bulky ass Kyogres are annoying for everyone. I used it quite a bit and I found that Grassceus really, really pisses it off. Grass Knot just eats it up, so you might wanna consider that > Ghostceus. But by making that change, your team becomes even weaker to Ekiller, so it's really a personal preference. However, if you really find Ekiller becoming a problem, you can go Rocky Helmet physically defensive Yveltal to just destroy them w/ Foul Play. It can also tank a +2 Espeed fairly well.

Hey SoulRed12, nice team! It uses a fairly standard core of Klefki and Landorus which is always a solid core to build a team around. Then you have some more mons that help mitigate flaws the core has and overall I can see the team is well built, haxiom is the realest nig. That being said, the team does have some sup-optimal points which I'll fix, but the landokeys core (lack of a better name, 'the land of key reign' I guess hue) usually makes for a specific kind of team that needs certain mons/structure to help support it and since this core is the 'core' of the team I wont change too much around as that would just make it an entirely different team.

First of all your Landorus, its set and ev's are sub-optimal. A lum berry should not be used, earth plate or leftovers are usually always your best options. This team really looks like it would appreciate the ensuarance against ho-oh and zekrom, but you also need a more defensive build so you can deal with swords dance Arceus Normal better. Be aware you should burn it first with Arceus Ghost. Your moves should also be change to Earthquake/Stone Edge/Stealth Rock and then either Toxic, U-Turn or Knock Off. The ev's should also be re-worked to a more optimal, more defensive spread. You could run less speed, but this is the set I usually run, its just some speed creep for ho-oh mainly.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn/Toxic

Palkia should rarely carry an assault vest, this just is a poor option. It loses out on a significant bit of power, and is also major set-up bait for Xerneas. However when using an Aegislash it is a good option, I like the role it serves on this team, dont get me wrong. It was a decent pick. (Edgar: :]) It does check kyogre better I guess, but its just not as good as a Lustrous Orb set with Thunder Wave. You might however say think that because you already have Klefki you shouldn't have to worry about Xerneas, but when Xerneas gets a free switch, takes 48.6 - 57.2% (104 hp xern), goes up to +2, kill of palk and then gets para'd by keys. Now lets say your opponent also has a Yveltal, you would have to check this Yveltal with Klefki also, and when Klefki gets in a range where a +2 Moonblast can kill it, you are in some serious trouble. I say this because these scenarios usually happen late game. Late game your Landorus has a good chance to be knocked out. A skilled player will try to weaken/kill Landorus, and if that happens you have no strong physical attack left to finish off Xerneas at 50%, except for a full health Kyogre. This team also lacks strong physical attacking prowess, for this reason I'm going to suggest Mega Mawile>Klefki. Mmawile would give this team a strong physical presence, and also a pokemon that could still check both Xerneas and Yveltal very well (especially after you have paralysed Xerneas with your Lustrous Orb Palkia :D). I guess it would make you slighty more weak to a combination of Xerneas and Yveltal, but as long as you burn Yveltal on its switch-in to ghosteus it should be fine. You also have Kyogre, which means you can always set up the rain if you think your opponent carries Hidden Power Fire and you Mawile is weakened. This spread always lives a +2 hp fire after a Stealth Rock switch-in. O and did I mention Mawile makes up for the slight safety loss against Kyogre because of its strong Sucker Punch?

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: PRESSURE <-- Was copied from a dubers team, rof, thats why it said Telepathy before
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Mawile (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 224 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Now you also mentioned "Goddamned bulky ass rest talk Kyogre", I'm assuming you mean Specially Defensive Kyogre, as a threat. I see why you opted for Thunder (AV) Palkia, but the thing is that these lando+keys teams usually tend to be weak to this mon. Now, Thunder Palkia isn't going to solve that much, and I guess my following change not all that much more, but I also think the change is one that would benefit the team as a whole. The change is Choice Specs Kyogre>Choice Scarf Kyogre. You said you used Kyogre for cleaning, and that is definitely what scarf Kyogre does best, but with the addition of Mawile you have gained a great cleaner with Sucker Punch, and potentially a +2 boost in attack. Choice Specs is also better for pressuring stall. Stall can be a huge problem when using stall-weak mons such as Landorus, and support Arceus-Ghost. I'm not going to analyse how this does does vs x, y and z stallmons, but I guess you should try pressure with taunt Yveltal and Specs Kyogre and keep up offensive momentum with U-Turn, or whatever seems best to do.

Smaller Changes:

Yveltal should have a Mild nature, Hasty isn't needed as it doesn't let it outspeed anything significant. Palkia runs Timid, support Arceus creeps up to Timid base 100's (unless you really want to outspeed stallbreaker Gliscor), and a Mild nature also helps in Yveltal vs Yveltal situations and the added power is really, really nice.
Arceus Ghost should always run a Timid nature with 252 speed, this is to check Arceus better. Arceus always runs Jolly, and you would rather speed tie with it than know that it will outspeed you regardless. A +2 shadow claw still really hurts, so you would rather outspeed it.

(Also if you do decide with Level 56's rate (damn guy don't go deleting your posts now >:[) I think you should use u-turn scizor>keys, as it just fits better imo as the team turns so much more offensive. This makes a powerful u-turn core with lando which gives specsogre a lot of free switches. As ghosteus now becomes your primary win-con, you should also use superpower on megazor along with a more offensive lando (156 jolly/252 attack/rest in phys hp). This is also a solid option imo, but changes the team more than I would like to do).
So thats it! Don't get me wrong, the team is quite decent as is, but I feel these changes would still really improve it. I hope this was helpful to you, good luck!

(Edit: Edgar said mostly the same yay, (bar muh mawile ;_;) so this is what you wanna go for. Don't creep to garchomp tho, its 96 timid, (palkia/kahn), 136 timid (adamant ekiller, only recommended post-gar) or 252 timid (best option, tie with jolly ekiller), garchomp is non-existent.

Last edited:
Hello SoulRed12 nice team, I really like the structure of it, When I look at this team I really don't see a huge weakness, baring a potential stall problem but Rain + Palkia is always a threat against stall. Anyways, I highly suggest you to use Defensive Landorus-T and Lustrous Orb Palkia as ApplepieFTW suggested, as Landorus-T helps with the Extremekiller problem with the help of Arceus-Ghost of course, that's a combination I really enjoy using. Lustrous Orb Palkia just nukes everything with Hydro Pump when in rain and gives stall a bit of a problem if they lack an Arceus-Grass/Blissey. However, I don't agree with the Mega Mawile suggestion, Mega Mawile needs support to check both Xerneas and Yveltal, if anything, it would be a step back, while your team could be a bit safer against stall, hazards provided by Klefki are just amazing here.

One thing that I can suggest using is Choice Specs Kyogre over Choice Scarf. When I saw this team I was like "Damn, Specs Kyogre would be really good on this team". The reason why I think Specs Kyogre is better is that you don't really need a Scarf user on this team, Klefki and Arceus-Ghost do a fantastic job checking fast threats like Darkrai, Mewtwo and Skymin, that and other benefits like Choice Specs Kyogre being way harder to check than Choice Scarf, Spikes and paralysis provided by Klefki as well as well the need for a hard hitter for checking Xerneas makes me think Specs Kyogre is the better option here. Choice Specs Kyogre also gives more of a problem to pokemon like Sp.Def Kyogre and Arceus-Grass, with the help of hazards, it can easily get passed them. Anyways, the EV spread and nature I recommend using is the same as you have already, same for moves. As a side note, Choice Specs Kyogre is a massive threat to stall too.

Some minimal changes are using a different EV spread on Yveltal since I feel like it doesn't really the speed, I think it could appreciate more power since that, combined with hazards is just deadly, not to mention you can always paralyze stuff with Klefki. The spread I suggest using is 32 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 224 Speed with a Rash nature, makes it hit really hard, I highly recommend Rash nature because priority users are most likely physical based. Another nitpick is that you could take 16 Defense EVs out of Arceus and put them in Speed, this allows you to outspeed Jolly Garchomp, seems dumb but you never know, and it's only 16 EVs so I think it's totally worth it.

Really nice team, I like it a lot, Good Luck :]

PS: I insist with Specs Kyogre, it looks based on this team.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hello there, your team looks pretty solid, I like the core that is being used In this team (lando + kelfki + palkia), there are still some things that can be improved, so I'll start now

Firstly, I like to suggest you to use physically defensive lando-t instead of bulky attacking lando-t, use 252 def and 252 hp with impish nature, and use stone edge instead of knock off. stone edge will help you a lot in checking ho-oh.

Secondly, I agree that you have kelfki for paralysing geo xerneas if it sets up but after that you don't have a mon to ohko it, (meaning, that even after paralysing geo xern, it will still be able to kill at least 2 mons), so in this case I suggest you to use mega-lucario instead of yveltal, the roles yveltal play in this team, lucario can also fullfill them and also it can check xerneas. use 252 atk and 252 with jolly nature. Moveset: close combat, iron tail, bullet punch, rock slide/swords dance.

Good luck!

Accidently deleted this post before <. <

Wow, thanks for all the posts and suggestions! To avoid having to clutter my post with lots of quotes and such, I'm just going to address everyone's advice as a whole (also somewhat easier because a number of people suggested some of the same things). So, with many thanks and in reply to justinjiaxinghu ApplepieFTW Edgar Level 56:

A lot of you are suggesting me to change Lando's spread. I mostly agree that offensive-->defensive is probably a good idea, so I'll make that change. The only thing is then it makes me more afraid of being swept by Xerneas because (as many of you noted) I don't really have much physical attack power outside of Lando, certainly none that can do much of anything to Xern, and without offensive investment Lando is only doing 35-40% to Xern with EQ meaning he can't generally finish the job Klefki starts.

Although the suggestion to change Klefki to Mega Maw for more physical power to fill that hole is definitely intriguing, overall I feel that Klefki's support is very important to the team (including and especially the fact that it's the only thing that can paralyze Xerneas after a Geomancy) so I think I'd rather hang on to the little keychain, though that still leaves me with the problem of not enough physical power. What if I put Mega Mawile in place of Yveltal? I get to keep a mon with Sucker Punch, add to my physical power, and I get an additional toxic immunity (and it would definitely appreciate Klef and/or Palk's t-wave support, though it sadly can't outspeed +2 speed-invested Xerneas). Mega Lucario on the other hand is definitely interesting and frankly I've always wanted to use MegaLuke in Ubers (and his speed would help him become a fast win condition if Ogre changes to specs), but Iron Tail just makes me nervous with that accuracy. Scizor was suggested, which could work too. But with either of the latter I lose coverage vs. Grasseus who generally carries WoW. Anyway, I think I'll test out all three Megas (Mawile, Scizor, and Lucario) in Yveltal's place, and see how each works out. It would be one less SR weakness, at the very least.

The power from Lustrous Orb would definitely be nice, but I worry that without AV on Palk, my team would buckle to Specsogre, as its Thunder is a 2HKO on Palk without it and of course Water Spout will destroy literally anything else on my team. Thoughts on the trade-off? I could change Arceus to Water or Grass to back Palk up, but then I would worry much more about E-Killer and without Yveltal I have nothing really to do against Giratina...

I might miss the speed from Scarfogre, but I'll try that out too, especially if it means I get to shock RestTalk Kyogre into oblivion >:}

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to weigh in here since I definitely influenced this team a fair amount. I agree with Edgar+ApplepieFTW's rate in particular. Kyogre isn't as much of a worry as you think as LustKia is still a solid switch in and although SpecsOgre 2HKO's, between Hazards and damge it will take over time, it won't really be as much of a threat. Also, you can now cripple it with Twave.

In regards to secondary Xerncheck>Yveltal, it's a posibility. However, I feel like there will be a lot of redundancy should that happen and I'm not sure. You also lose a bit of stallbreaking abilities if you do this. I'm not exactly sure that it's the best move, as having multiple similar Xern checks gets redundant very quickly. Actually, you really don't need a Xerneas check at all, merely something that can come in and beat Xern after it is paralyzed, so most hard hitting physical attackers would work decently well here.

SpecsOgre is pretty cool btw. I guess ScarfOgre was intended as a win condition late game cleaner, but SpecsOgre smashes through a lot of stuff so it's up to you.

On a side note, LO should be Yveltal's item. The HP loss is somewhat negated by Oblivion Wing's recovery. Dread Plate is only used with defensive Yveltal or if you are trying to bluff scarf or something.

Good luck!

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey SoulRed12, not a bad team there! The standard Lando-T/Palkia/Keys core is still as functional and good as ever. There are just a few things that I'd nitpick.

First of all, Yveltal is the only one with the capability to break Chansey on this team. For that reason (and because it's a better set in general), I'd recommend Resttoxic Palkia over your current set. Dice's set allows you to still pack a punch, but gain a little utility that better enables you to defeat the ever-annoying blobs.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump

Also, Yveltal's set could be optimized a bit. I always run some investment in attack, and just enough speed to outpace neutral natured 252 speed base 90s.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 40 Atk / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Mild Nature
- Taunt
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

On that note, Yveltal is the only one vulnerable to SR on this team. As such, I'd recommend either Focus Blast, Calm Mind or a Dual Status move on Arceus-Ghost over Defog, as Yveltal has access to recovery that allows it to mitigate that flaw, and Defog is using a valuable moveslot.

Overall, nice team, and good luck on the ladder :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)