Outside the Box - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah, looking for around three subs at the moment, since madbull doesn't seem to be very active either. eh, if I can't find em you guys still get the free wins.

DeBlois

Banned deucer.
We arranged to play late Sunday my time and it's currently 10:43. I have sent two messages and been waiting two hours since the last message.
I have to go to sleep now as I have work in the morning, so I'll report activity till further notice.

So I lost to Shartruce after missing 2 rocks slides / 3 and getting burned by Scald in the last 3/4 turns. I don't care about this tour but I'd like to check with the host about this win as he used Stealth Rock on Heatran, before he used the move I checked TIBot which has it as #2 on Usage (which is directly from usage stats) and Sweepercalc does not. Sweepercalc is incorrect. TIBot stats come directly from Usage statistics... TIBot is a better source for this as Sweepercalc does not list the most common moves for some Pokemon... At the very least I'd like a rematch but w/e just Pokemon

Here is the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-18266

[7:52pm]Laurel:!usage heatran moves
[7:52pm]TIBot_:Lava Plume 72.405% | Stealth Rock 69.491% |

Mandibuzz: http://imgur.com/CkghFf0

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
So I lost to Shartruce after missing 2 rocks slides / 3 and getting burned by Scald in the last 3/4 turns. I don't care about this tour but I'd like to dispute this win as he used Stealth Rock on Heatran, before he used the move I checked TIBot which has it as #2 on Usage (which is directly from usage stats) and Sweepercalc does not. Sweepercalc is incorrect. TIBot stats come directly from Usage statistics...

Here is the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-18266

[7:52pm]Laurel:!usage heatran moves
[7:52pm]TIBot_:Lava Plume 72.405% | Stealth Rock 69.491% |
How would he have known? Move on.

How would he have known? Move on.
Sweepercalc doesn't list the most common moves in order, just common moves....... Also you have no part in this so why are you commenting? I can't remember the last time I used Earth Power on Heatran in XY, and it has it as the top move.

Sweepercalc doesn't list the most common moves in order, just common moves....... Also you have no part in this so why are you commenting? I can't remember the last time I used Earth Power on Heatran in XY, and it has it as the top move.
He's commenting because this is ridiculous, lol.

There's no way the TO is going to change such a huge part of the tourney and make everyone redo there battles this far through r1.

I mean no offense whatsoever your really nice in VGC but like really? >.>

He's commenting because this is ridiculous, lol.

There's no way the TO is going to change such a huge part of the tourney and make everyone redo there battles this far through r1.

I mean no offense whatsoever your really nice in VGC but like really? >.>
Because Sweepercalc is clearly incorrect? It's not the other guys fault, but it's not my fault either. The tournament rules should use Smogon or TIBot not Sweepercalc... Sweepercalc doesn't have "common sets" for most pokemon regardless so you're forced to use Smogon / TIBot anyways..... Also, who goes and posts "won, gg" after that...... I probably wouldn't have said anything if he posted something like "I won because I got lucky, gg"

Because Sweepercalc is clearly incorrect? It's not the other guys fault, but it's not my fault either. The tournament rules should use Smogon or TIBot not Sweepercalc... Sweepercalc doesn't have "common sets" for most pokemon regardless so you're forced to use Smogon / TIBot anyways..... Also, I probably would have just said whatever if the man had the decency to admit to getting lucky instead of posting "won, gg"
Like I said, a large amount of battles have been played and most teams have already been built. Regardless of whether or not it's incorrect, it's just too late.

Like I said, a large amount of battles have been played and most teams have already been built. Regardless of whether or not it's incorrect, it's just too late.
I understand what you're saying, but its the TDs choice... it clearly affected my battle, that is why I brought it up. Again, if it were a friend I probably wouldn't care, its the first round of a Pokemon Tournament, I'm just really aggravated with the way he handled that. None of this mattered if I wasn't burned or hit another Rock Slide...

Whatever just I'm agitated not only by this but by other things, I really don't appreciate people not admitting to hax *sigh*

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ye Laurel shartruce2 i'm discussing this with the tds so I won't make a decision on it yet, but for now, you and your opponent must agree on either using sweepercalc's or tibot's 'banlist' for both of your teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)