XY UU Verde

good team?

• Total voters
Hey guys, today (or whichever day you see this RMT), I'd like to showcase a team that I just recently made around one of my favorite Pokemon to toy around with, NP Celebi. At first, I didn't expect this team to be successful, but after a few games I realized that this team might actually be my best so far. Anyway, enough with me bitching and here's the team:

Now that all of the above's done, here's the actual team:

Looks like Serebii! Glad to be home!

Camo (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Here's the main Pokemon of this team and late-game sweeper, Nasty Plot Celebi. I chose this guy (girl?) over other grass-types due to it's well-rounded stats, and decent movepool (lookin' at you Lilligant). Leftovers recover HP while Celebi sweeps, Nasty Plot is to boost Celebi's SpA through the roof, and EVS/nature are to outspeed and kill anything below 100 (fuck scarf). Psychic/Energy Ball provides STAB, with Earth Power screwing over Steel types. That's really all there is to Celebi.

We all know who wins this fight, don't we?

Kerbecs (Houndoom) (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

Lemme tell you a tale, folks. Once upon a time, there was a Mega Houndoom trainer known as mandude. He was known for having the mightiest Houndoom in the land, with it's Flash Fire aiding the Pokemon weak to the type (fire), it's EVS and nature tailored to crush defenses and outrun opponents, it's Fire Blast/Dark Pulse bearing overwhelming strength, while the Fairies were mercilessly slaughtered by Sludge Bomb. Houndoom was also known for crippling other Pokemon with it's unexpected Will-O-Wisp, leaving their Physical attack halved and pathetic.

lol gg nubs

Duke (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Heracross serves as a hole-puncher/wallbreaker along with Mienshao, both being able to A:decimate opponents B:fuck blissey and C:kick ass in general. Jolly nature is to aid the scarf (and outspeed random shit), EVS are to crush (almost) anything like the other 2 above, and Close Combat provides more power than all of Heracross' other STAB. Megahorn also was thrown here for max power, Rock Slide hits flying types while being more accurate than Stone Miss, finally Knock Off knocks off items from Pokemon that rely on their iteams such as fellow choice users and Blissey.

Looks like we have a badass here.

Metagame (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Say hi to the fallen hero, Metagross! Once worshipped by the lead metagame of DPP and the ability to check hail in BW, the former OU member now finds himself in a bad situation, dropping to UU. HOwever, Metagross still kicks ass there, especially with Assault Vest covering his lackluster SpD, HP EVS buffing his defense even more, and Atk EVS letting him fight back against the denizens of the tier. His STABS are the best ones (it's been proven by base power) that he has access to (at least physically but wtf runs special metagross), Earthquake gets rid of his Steel brethren, and Bullet Punch revenge kills/last second kills/kills sashed bastards who have used their sashes. HUZZAH!

The shipping is real.

Rising Donger (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Here we have the 2nd wall-breaker that I own, with the same qualities attributed to Heracross above-unless you count the fact that Mienshao can diss Fairies with Poison Jab, do a bit more damage than CC with High Jump Kick, and make awesome exits with Regenerator U-Turn. Choice Band helps add extra power to Mienshao's attacks, and Knock Off......well you can guess. CYA AT NOIVERN'S DESCRIPTION, SCRUBS!

I am a predator! Hear me roar!

Ryusei (Noivern) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- U-turn

And so, here is the replacement to Empoleon/new revenge-killer/ape killer you've all been waiting for, Noivern! With his Life Orb, he does extra damage while ALSO being able to switch between moves, unlike Choice items which restrict him. Flamethrower annihilates Steel types, sending their charred remains to the grave, while Draco Meteor and Hurricane strike down anything that doesn't resist them. Finally, the almighty U-Turn switches out Noivern when a special wall/counter comes in, or when he's drained his SPA by using Draco Meteor. Let the slaughter commence!

and so there you have it, my latest RMT ATM. I could post replays, if I wasn't such a lazy bum.
Empoleon:Can I do the outro?
Houndoom:No, I want to do it.
Me:STFU guys, I'm trying to type
Celebi:REMEMBER THAT I'M THE MVP OF THIS SHOW AND EMPOLEON GOT THROWN OFF THE TEAM, RIP
Noivern:WHADDUP, FELLOW BASTARDS
Metagross:That wasn't very proper, Ryusei.
Mienshao:SICK BURN!
Heracross:Why'd you use his nickname, Metagross? Real men use real names.
Me:Ok then, cya Smogon and have a good day!

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Move the 4 hp evs on Houndoom into SDef. That way he takes less from SR on the switchin. In addition, I'd suggest Giga Drain> Energy Ball on celebi. Hp restoration is niiiice.

You're kinda flying weak, although you do have 2 steels to remedy that.

I'd also maybe change Houndoom's set to Sunny day/Fire Blast/sucker punch/dark pulse. Solar Power is such a great ability, and its going to waste honestly. Houndoom can set up its own sun and just go to town. Sucker punch is solid priority. With crazy nuclear SpA and fire blast you don't need sludge bomb.

Evs: 4atk/252spA/252Spd Hasty Nature

On my phone rn so this was alll I could do. Nice team tho

Hi dude, i like the team. But one thing really sticks out to me. Meet The Ape Of All Trades
Infernape @ LO (I run scarf, AHEM Heracross)
Iron Fist/Blaze 252 Spe 252 Att mainly Jolly
Mach Punch/EQ
Flare Blitz
CC
U-Turn

252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 338-398 (99.1 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO - Even U-turn kills if LO
252 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Houndoom: 368-434 (126 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO -and sludge bomb is only a 2HKO
252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 426-504 (141 - 166.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO - ScarfApe outspeeds Scarfcross
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 351-413 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO - Scarf doesnt kill but does 74-87%
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 331-390 (122.1 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO - Scarf OHKOs 75%. But doesnt need to be scarfed as Mienshao is banded and naturally outspeeds.
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 484-572 (130.1 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO - even max D bold Empoleon OHKOs 50%

So in otherwords, LO or Scarf, Infernape tears your team. In other words, your team isnt bulky enough to be a stall team and not fast enough to be hyper offensive. So add more bulk or add more speed. And a counter for Infernape (Noivern??)

Move the 4 hp evs on Houndoom into SDef. That way he takes less from SR on the switchin. In addition, I'd suggest Giga Drain> Energy Ball on celebi. Hp restoration is niiiice.

You're kinda flying weak, although you do have 2 steels to remedy that.

I'd also maybe change Houndoom's set to Sunny day/Fire Blast/sucker punch/dark pulse. Solar Power is such a great ability, and its going to waste honestly. Houndoom can set up its own sun and just go to town. Sucker punch is solid priority. With crazy nuclear SpA and fire blast you don't need sludge bomb.

Evs: 4atk/252spA/252Spd Hasty Nature

On my phone rn so this was alll I could do. Nice team tho

Hi dude, i like the team. But one thing really sticks out to me. Meet The Ape Of All Trades
Infernape @ LO (I run scarf, AHEM Heracross)
Iron Fist/Blaze 252 Spe 252 Att mainly Jolly
Mach Punch/EQ
Flare Blitz
CC
U-Turn

252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 338-398 (99.1 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO - Even U-turn kills if LO
252 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Houndoom: 368-434 (126 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO -and sludge bomb is only a 2HKO
252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 426-504 (141 - 166.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO - ScarfApe outspeeds Scarfcross
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 351-413 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO - Scarf doesnt kill but does 74-87%
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 331-390 (122.1 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO - Scarf OHKOs 75%. But doesnt need to be scarfed as Mienshao is banded and naturally outspeeds.
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 484-572 (130.1 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO - even max D bold Empoleon OHKOs 50%

So in otherwords, LO or Scarf, Infernape tears your team. In other words, your team isnt bulky enough to be a stall team and not fast enough to be hyper offensive. So add more bulk or add more speed. And a counter for Infernape (Noivern??)

Thank both of you for the suggestions! I may add Noivern onto my team, just 1 problem: WHO DO I REPLACE? I have also tried out Giga Drain on Celebi before, but I like Energy Ball better for damage (Celebi is meant to sweep late-game). I may toy around with the Houndoom set, thank you for that suggestion!

Thank both of you for the suggestions! I may add Noivern onto my team, just 1 problem: WHO DO I REPLACE? I have also tried out Giga Drain on Celebi before, but I like Energy Ball better for damage (Celebi is meant to sweep late-game). I may toy around with the Houndoom set, thank you for that suggestion!
you have 2 steel types, you only need one. Personally i would ax Empoleon as it doesnt even resist fire though it is a water type. Scarf modest noivern is nice with all that speed

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, it's a really nice team but I just have a few nitpicks that I think could make it perform better.

I agree with the suggestion of Giga Drain over Energy Ball on Celebi, without any form of recovery and with Celebi being your only reliable Water resist I think the extra recovery would be much more helpful than the little extra damage EB provides. You really need Celebi to stay as healthy as possible to enable it to repeatedly switch into Suicune, and especially Manaphy now.

I also recommend replacing Zen Headbutt with Stealth Rock on Metagross. Zen Headbutt doesn't really offer you much additional coverage with Pokémon vulnerable to it such as Heracross, Infernape and Crobat already hit hard by its other moves. Residual damage will really help wear down teams faster and in particular limit the number of times dangerous threats such as Victini and Aerodactyl can switch in.

Another thing I would suggest is trying out Sucker Punch on Houndoom over WoW with a Hasty nature. Sucker Punch gives you another priority move which enable you to take out weakened Pokémon such as Victini, Haxorus and Aerodactyl. It would allow you to take out these Pokémon outright rather than attempt to burn them.

Noivern is going to be worn down extremely fast with LO recoil and SR, so it would be better to limit the recoil damage it takes and instead slap a Specs on it. This provides it with even more power and since Noivern is meant to be a hit-and-run Pokémon rather than a sweeper itself this suits it well. Also change the nature to Timid as U-turn isn't really meant to do much damage anyway.

CB is not really needed on Mienshao. It would be better off with a Life Orb allowing it to switch attacks and in particular beat Fairies with HJK + Poison Jab rather than having to predict. It also has great synergy with Regenerator, negating any LO recoil.

Well done and gl!

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sup magikarmandude! Gonna give you a rate. I'll just go poke by poke and we'll go from there.

Celebi: Nasty Plot to Swords Dance. Nasty Plot Celebi is outclassed by its Swords Dance Counterpart due to lack of priority and Celebi's STABs having better coverage against physical walls of the tier. (Slowbro, Hippo, Donphan, Alomomola, etc.) also pairs well with MegaDoom. Set is below.

Mega Houndoom: Sludge Bomb to Nasty Plot and Will O Wisp to Flame Charge. Sludge Bomb can't really touch Florges, Aromatisse shouldn't switch in on MegaDoom. Nasty Plot turns Doom into a giant threat thanks to 115 speed and 145 SpA. Flame Charge helps clean up more offensive teams, and prevents you from being revenge killed by Scarf Mienshao, Heracross, Etc.

Heracross: Choice Scarf --> Choice Band. Band Hera is one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, which will pave the way for a late game Houndoom or Celebi sweep. Not much else to say but it's power is insane!!! Set is below.

Metagross: Does absolutely nothing for synergy of your team.
Metagross to Crobat. ScarfBat gives you one of the best Infernape checks in the tier, so it helps your super nape weak team.
The great thing about Crobat is that as a scarfer it can run Adamant nature while also inestimg in HP since you only need to beat Scarf Infernape imo. Brave Bird hits like a truck, U-turn grabs momentum, and Defog is for when you need Hazards one ASAP even with Empoleon. Crobat only needs U-turn and Brave Bat for damage so why not? Roost is for the switches Crobat makes. As they go into their Aggron or Slowbro you can heal off damage you may have taken. Set is Below.

Mienshao: Has no place on your team, Hera is a better band user. So here I'm forming one half of a good defensive core to fall back on when you need it. Mienshao to Aromatisse. Aroma provides a cleric, Wishpassing, and good Dark Fighting resistances in one mon. Being immune to taunt is awesome, while it's physical bulk is very strong. Set below once again.

Empoleon: Bulky Attacker to Specially Defensive. You lacked hazards on this team, so Empoleon learns stealth rocks. Invaluable hazard racks up damage in opposing teams. Roar phases boosters like Manaphy (when it comes into ladder), Snorlax, etc. Scald spreads burns and is STAB, Toxic is annoying or walls who come in on the weak Scald. Set Below lol

Good Luck with your team yo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)