XY UU Pumpkins and the Salty Tree (UU Balanced)

Hi! I'm granbel here(On ps my name is effectivilly bad) and I'm here today to show a new team that I have made! BTW, I have not tried out this team yet in the making of the RMT, so if there are obvious holes, that is why.

Salty Tree (Trevenant) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

So, this is the Salty Tree. When I was making this team, I wanted to think "what would be a good assault vest user" and then i see the decent defenses, recovery, and good coverage that Trevenant gets, it looks like a good and underrated AV user. I put 128 into defense to give it an even 220 defense, and uninvested its special defense hits 200, 300 with the AV, giving it solid mixed defenses. Horn Leech for the recovery and STAB i was talking about earlier, Shadow Claw for STAB, EQ for steel types that my most powerful move can't hit well (yes HL is more powerful then Shadow Claw), and pwp because it both gives good coverage and a way to boost my attack easily.

Pumpkin (Houndoom) (F) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb Destiny bond
- Dark Pulse

Mega Houndoom, oh how I love your coverage. The ev's are simple. max spa and max speed, then 4 in anything OTHER THEN hp to give it odd hp number for sr. the moves are pretty simple too, NP, double stab and sludge bomb for florges. Fire blast is only 15 less power then Sludge bomb when it is SE, so Dbond is better.

Tusks (Haxorus) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Att / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

One word describes my haxo set: wallbreaker. I wanted to use something the same way chandy is usually used, but physical to completely obliterate the fattest pink blob this side of the equater: blissey. It's not only physical to deal with bliss more easily, it also has 2 more base attack then chandy and a more powerful stab, so it is defenitily usable in chandy's spot. its moves are pretty standard. Rock slide instead of dd, that's all.

Mrs. Freeze (Empoleon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

This is the first of my two defensive mons, making this team quite the bulky. Mrs. Freeze here has Pretty good all around stats along with ok recovery and the best stab move it could get, plus one of the most popular moves now in gen 6, defog. now, you might ask why it doesn't carry sr, well that is because of my last pokemon.

Morton (Gastrodon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Mort the mort. It's not exactly that i saw a water weakness, its just that bulky waters are THAT common in UU that a pokemon to take advantage of them is almost vital for every team, so enter: gastrodon. I like its good enough bulk, decent special attack, and great coverage to put in on my team. Its main role is late game cleaning. Come in on a scald from a milotic, then depending on the remaining pokemon, hp grass or earth power to victory!

Wut is fog (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Now this is the reason i am not carring sr on empo. This gligar is ready to lead the team (no seriously this will be my main leading pokemon lol) with its hazards, then proceed wall physical attackers to heck and back. There is not much else to say about this, execpt that it works very well as a core with empoleon.

Well, hope you like my team!

Exportable version:

Salty Tree (Trevenant) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Pumpkin (Houndoom) (F) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Tusks (Haxorus) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Mrs. Freeze (Empoleon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

Morton (Gastrodon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Wut is fog (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there bud, gonna give your team a rate. Anyway, some of your mons are solid, and just need tweaking, while others need I be replaced. Lets start with the latter.

Trevenant: To put it bluntly, AV Trevenant is bad. It doesn't have the traits a good Assault Vest user has. It's not strong without an item, and Power Up Punch doesn't really alleviate this since it's a free turn to the opponent, only for +1 attack. It doesn't have recovery, via Wish or Regenerator. And finally it's Soecial Bulk is only OK, the stat should be high in order to actually make use of the Vest well, IE Snorlax, Goodra, or Slowking. So my suggestion for a new team member is a Swords Dance Celebi. This gives you a secondary win condition while still having solid special bulk at 100/100. MegaDoom and SD Celebi break down a lot of walls for each other, and one can punch holes while the other sweeps. Celebi also gives you some priority just in case.

Mega Doom: Great, personally I run Flame Charge over Destiny Bond, so I can avoid Revenge Kills from Scarf Mienshao, Heracross, etc. D Bond is cool too tho.

Haxorus: Band Haxorus is meh imo, wasted potential, and it's coverage isn't as good since it's STAB can be hard to spam. I would suggest going with a Choice Band Heracross. This thing is a nightmare. Guts prevents you from burning it. It has Knock Off, Pursuit, and Stome Edge for coverage.

Empoleon: RestTalk is kinda bad since total set up bait for a number of set up sweepers in the tier: I'd suggest a chane of RestTalk to Toxic and Flash Cannon. Flash Cannon hits Fairies like Aromatisse and Granbull hard, while Toxic cripples walls coming.

Gastrodon: She has no synergy with the rest of the team. A good team would have Standard Umbreon. It can Wish Pass to your weakened mons, while healing pesky status and doing a old number with foul play.

Gligar: A OK, solid set. You could switch Defog and Rocks on Empoleon and Gligar but your choice. Good luck with your team!

Hey not bad rmt! Just a few points though..
1. I like pumpkins and scary trees so you have a plus already! :-)
2. Unfortunately. Av doesnt work on some pokes. Av is great on physically bulky mons with reliable recovery ie slowbro, tangrowth. Hard hitters with a lower sp def like metagross or decently bulky mons with a decent attack like intimidate scrafty or entei. Unfortunately. Trev doesnt fit.any of those criteria and frankly a pretty bad av user. If you want to use trev, the harvest + sitrus berry combo is pretty good. Otherwise change it to sd celebi as suggested above.
3. drop resttalk on empoleon. There are too many offensive threats that can easily ohko him. Put sr and roar on him, trust me.
4. Instead of gligar, i think phys def chesnaught would match up perfectly with empoleon. They cover each others weaknesses perfectly with only fire being a headache, which doom has flash fire. It can also lay down spikes for more damage
5. Banded haxorus is ok. But sd or double dance is better. Itll give you both a win condition and wallbreaker to pave the way for doom.
6.gastro is ok. I dont like switching more than 2 pokes on a team, but i would want tou to consider a wish passer in this spot in its place. Itll help be the glue for your team. Personally, i think aromatisse would fit best, but thats preference...

Good luck though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)