XY OU Twitch Plays Competitive OU

This is my First Smogon RMT. Criticism is appreciated.
This team is inspired by the popular Twitch stream, where many people attempt to play Pokemon at the same time. I am willing to change any of the Pokemon on my team to be able to fit into the tier, but I was trying my hand with some lower-tier Pokemon and see how they do in OU.

Katie (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 164 HP / 116 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

This Dragonite has a very strange set, as most people are expecting a Dragon Dance set-up from Dragonite. But, do not underestimate this strange set, as it can survive almost any special attack, and hit back pretty hard. Roost is given to let its ability be able to be triggered again to survive more incoming attacks. This set can cause Pokemon such as Venusaur, Landorus, Latios and Latias to switch out, giving Dragonite a free moment to set up its ability.

Burrito (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Espeon is an obvious choice, many people try to set up hazards in OU, but Espeon completely counters that idea. Espeon usually gets a free turn to set up a screen, or sometimes even two turns to set up both, making stallers such as Dragonite or Golbat on my team even stronger, and is holding the light clay to increase the longevity of the screens. Full HP investment to be able to take a Special Attack, which it does most of the time. Dazzling Gleam and Psychic are there to counter threats such as Garchomp and many other dragons, and Psychic to take out threats such as Nidoking, as after the screens are set up, Espeon will not have much use after the opponent's hazard-setter is taken out.

moonbat (Golbat) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray
- Super Fang
- Roost

One of my leads. It is meant to check opposing lead Pokemon such as Scolipede who will attempt to set up behind a substitute, but infiltrator kicks in and will be able to go right through the substitute. Confuse Ray is a hell of a gimmick to depend on, but on Pokemon who will attempt to set up swords dance, it is practically Swagger. Toxic and Roost are meant to stall.

ATV (Venomoth) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz

In my opinion, one of the perfect set-up Pokemon. I would choose Venomoth over Scolipede any day, because of two moves that Scolipede does NOT have. Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder. Many people can predict Venomoth very easily due to the fact they are sure it will try to use sleep powder, but it is very easy to predict that switch if they have a Grass-type on their team. He is also a perfect pair to Nidoking, boosting its already high speed and special attack to insane levels. Wonder Skin also is a great ability in my opinion, as taunting will only have a 50% chance to work on it.

King Fonz (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

My sweeper. With one Quiver Dance boost from Venomoth, Nidoking becomes insanely powerful, even more so than it already was. Combined with its very good coverage, Nidoking becomes a huge threat to the enemy team if they do not find a way to get rid of it. Sludge Wave is for pesky fairies such as Clefable or Togekiss, Earth Power for Mega-Manectric and other electric types, Ice Beam to take out Gliscor, and last but not least, Flamethrower, which is going to OHKO Ferrothorn almost all of the time.

Moon Doge (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 232 Atk / 52 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

My mega. Sucker Punch for priority against Pokemon that will outspeed it, Knock Off because it is crucial to almost any team, as certain items become huge threats. Fire Blast is give because since of the special attack boost, it is utilized well and unexpected by most. Superpower to get rid of opposing Dark, Steel and Ice Pokemon.

Thank you for taking a look at my team. I am open to many suggestions, as I am quite new to OU, but I have gotten to mid 1400's with this team so far.

Last edited:
This team needs more SWAG. I suggest you use dual screens magnezone instead of absol because your team has no screens. Overall, 1/10.

This team needs more SWAG. I suggest you use dual screens magnezone instead of absol because your team has no screens. Overall, 1/10.
I hope you realize of how much of a bitch your being in this post. If someone uses bad PKMN and sets in an RMT, you don't need to post. At least, give them some feedback and suggest like Keldeo over Nidoking and Gliscor over Golbat. I'm already a huge ass to people on Smogon and you are over doing it.

I hope you realize of how much of a bitch your being in this post. If someone uses bad PKMN and sets in an RMT, you don't need to post. At least, give them some feedback and suggest like Keldeo over Nidoking and Gliscor over Golbat. I'm already a huge ass to people on Smogon and you are over doing it.
Get em

Just gonna point out that he does have Dual Screens already. On Espeon. Although that needs more SWAG comment...

Swagsire is a valid choice. I don't know how I feel about Golbat, m'self. Swag is a great physical wall, and with Toxic/Recover/Unaware and good defensive typing seems like a better choice than Golbat. Swag also has nice synergy with Venomoth, as special grass is Swag's worst nightmare and ATV 4x resists that with not horrible special bulk. Maybe Swag wasn't significant enough to the stream for your team though.

You might be interested in this: http://www.reddit.com/r/TPPLeague/ We're the pseudo-competitive battling component of the TPP community. I think you'd fit right in!
(Oh, the sidebar is what will interest you. Look for the IRC link. The posts probably won't interest you.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)