ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's possible too, but I'd rather we couldn't Mega Evolve anything before Norman's Slaking shenanigans. Now, if Game Freak shares my opinion...
In X/Y, we got the Mega Stone for Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur well before the Mega Ring. It's possible you get one from Steven when you deliver the letter to him in Dewford, but are unable to use it without the Mega Bangle

Speaking of starters, that event Torchic in XY makes me suspect that few are going to pick torchic this time around, at least their first play through. The newness of the others will make them the go to starters this time around. I usually used torchic but will probably grab mudkip this time around.

That's possible too, but I'd rather we couldn't Mega Evolve anything before Norman's Slaking shenanigans. Now, if Game Freak shares my opinion...
Well we got mega evolution after gym 3 in XY and if we account for the long piece of nothing between gyms 1 and 2 then we'll probably get it just after gym 4

you know, to make it easier for us to handle the slakings

If I recall, in RSE, the EXP Share was given to you by Mr. Stone in Rustboro City after delivering the Letter to Steven. It was completely optional. I doubt it will be this time around but it'll be nice to see it become optional.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Weighing in on the Mega Stone thing: Given the point of where Norman comes it is unlikely that you will have the final form of your starter by then so it is not as if the Mega Stones are not going to be of much use to make the Slakings easier anyway (for the starters anyway). Case in point the graphic showing Slaking using Retaliate on the Combusken showing Combusken at Lv28.

Then again, the Flannery gym battle graphic shows a Lv31 Marshtomp.

But then again there are like no battles between the fourth and fifth gym battles in RSE aside from randoms in the now accessible Route 111 desert. So yeah, do not expect Mega Starters to help you against Norman unless you grind like crazy / go too far on autopilot with Exp. Share.

===

On another note I guess I will talk about the expanded Pokédex. Feebas and Milotic were 140 and 141 on the old dex and now they are 145 and 146 on the new dex according to Serebii. This means that five new mons must fit in the first 144. Those slots will probably be taken by Gallade, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade and Probopass. Then we have the Pichu line going from 156-158 to 162-164. Two new slots there... which will probably be occupied by Dusknoir and Chingling. Finally we have the Bagon line going from 187-189 to 196-198 which opens up two new slots. Those two will probably be taken by Rhyperior and Froslass.

What this means is that if Game Freak are adding brand new lines before the National Dex like Slowpoke and Audino, then they are almost certainly going to be tacked on to the end of the Pokédex ala Platinum like what someone said earlier idk who it was. So much for the "Expanded Pokédex"... for the time being I guess (outside of the obvious gen iv evo gains). Just some food for thought.

this is assuming everything in rse dex stays in oras dex

Last edited:
I feel like the fact that the yadon paradise page saying transfer your Slowpoke to ORAS implies they aren't in the dex. I suppose the same could be extended to Audino & Lopunny.

I'm honestly rather confused as to why that page is showing Kalos as necessary at all. You'd think if Mega Slowbro was being advertised as being in ORAS, you'd be able to get it without needing any other game than ORAS as necessary, whether Slowpoke would be in-game or aftergame.

I'm honestly rather confused as to why that page is showing Kalos as necessary at all. You'd think if Mega Slowbro was being advertised as being in ORAS, you'd be able to get it without needing any other game than ORAS as necessary, whether Slowpoke would be in-game or aftergame.
Incidentally, I can't help but notice that, like Diancie, Slowbro & Audino's trailers specifically mention that the mega stones were obtained in ORAS

Incidentally, I can't help but notice that, like Diancie, Slowbro & Audino's trailers specifically mention that the mega stones were obtained in ORAS
Stuff like that is often in trailers to prevent people from wasting their time trying to find it in X and Y and other somewhat stupid things like this.

The page is also about exercise, so they are just telling your to exercise now along side your Slowpoke/bro and not

Stuff like that is often in trailers to prevent people from wasting their time trying to find it in X and Y and other somewhat stupid things like this.
They are noticeably absent in the footage with the other megas

They are noticeably absent in the footage with the other megas
It was fairly obviously in Mega Sableye's trailer.
This message only does show up in the Mega trailers that aren't very obviously connected to ORAS itself, though. Slowbro, Sableye and Audino were shown as singular trailers so it may not have been certain to some people that these were definitely connected to ORAS, while the same could definitely be said for Diancie despite being in an ORAS trailer due to being a Gen 6 Pokémon. Aside from those, every other Mega shown in a trailer so far has had the rest of the video be very obvious that this is ORAS and not just something you can do in XY.

It was fairly obviously in Mega Sableye's trailer.
This message only does show up in the Mega trailers that aren't very obviously connected to ORAS itself, though. Slowbro, Sableye and Audino were shown as singular trailers so it may not have been certain to some people that these were definitely connected to ORAS, while the same could definitely be said for Diancie despite being in an ORAS trailer due to being a Gen 6 Pokémon. Aside from those, every other Mega shown in a trailer so far has had the rest of the video be very obvious that this is ORAS and not just something you can do in XY.
Ahhh, I had completely forgot to look at sableye's trailer.

It doesn't really make much sense, though - if someone doesn't like contests but wants to power up their favourite Pokémon or play competitively, they shouldn't be forced to go through something completely unrelated to battles in order to get it, which I think Game Freak will recognize.
Well, Mega evolution is a component of contests now as well. So getting the mega stone "powers up" your Pokemon for contest play too. Even though contest are unrelated to battle mega evolution now relates to both and so new mega evolution aren't an unreasonable prize for good contesting. Once you earn it you can use it to do better in contest too, and Altaria is very heavily related to contests in the content released to us so far.

Last edited:
But people obviously prefer to be able to use Pokémon during the main story, so it is beneficial to remind them that they don't have to wait until the bulk of the game is over.

It's also possible that the Slowpoke line won't be obtainable in ORAS at all. It wouldn't be more annoying than not having access to Houndoom/Manectric in the same version as its Mega Stone.

It's also possible that the Slowpoke line won't be obtainable in ORAS at all. It wouldn't be more annoying than not having access to Houndoom/Manectric in the same version as its Mega Stone.
That's a completely different situation. Houndoom and Manectric are advertised as being in XY, so even if it is a bit of an annoying method, you should somehow be able to get their Megas between their games.
Mega Slowbro's advertised as being in ORAS, so it'd be really damn stupid if it wasn't in the game. They have to put it somewhere in the aftergame, otherwise it's practically false advertising.

That's a completely different situation. Houndoom and Manectric are advertised as being in XY, so even if it is a bit of an annoying method, you should somehow be able to get their Megas between their games.
Mega Slowbro's advertised as being in ORAS, so it'd be really damn stupid if it wasn't in the game. They have to put it somewhere in the aftergame, otherwise it's practically false advertising.
I've mostly just lurked in the shadows of this thread and its predecessor, but I just had to respond to this.

By your logic, Diancie is available in ORAS as a capture-able 'mon, seeing as how it's "Mega stone is available in ORAS."

Besides, just as many have said before and will continue to do so many years from now, this is GF we're talking about. It's their game and franchise, they can do what they please (until substantial consumer/fan backlash and subsequent low sales, etc.).

I'd say we just soak-up all the info we can and don't bother too much about the details until release. Speculation without good standing is, after all, simply speculation and assertions such as this are no better, in my opinion.

Well, there's my post. Now to wait for another fifty pages until my next...

If anything, the Mega Houndoom/Manectric situation is false advertising, because most people would assume that you can at least obtain one of them without trading, but that isn't the case. With Mega Slowbro, the only thing they've promised is access to the Slowbronite. Also, the vast majority of potential ORAS players already have either X or Y, whereas far fewer people have both versions.

Let's not forget that the Elekid and Magby lines were unobtainable in the DP games without relying on FRLG (for the dual-slot method), making Electivire and Magmortar hard to obtain in those games.

I've mostly just lurked in the shadows of this thread and its predecessor, but I just had to respond to this.

By your logic, Diancie is available in ORAS as a capture-able 'mon, seeing as how it's "Mega stone is available in ORAS."
Well no, because that's also a very clearly different situation and advertised as such. They clearly mean for you to get Diancie from an event and get it's mega stone in ORAS from some event guy, just like how Shaymin got you a Gracidea in Platinum. We have precedent in that every Mega Evolution advertised for XY had the base form available in XY in some way, shape or form, aside from Blaziken who was, again, clearly advertised as an event. Slowpoke is NOTHING like an event Legendary and is very clearly just another 'normal' Pokémon and situation like any other Mega. Unlike Diancie, Blaziken and possibly Metagross, it is not an event, it is not advertised as having anything special about it that's different from any other Mega you can get in the game and I see absolutely no reason for them to not put Slowpoke in the aftergame, why is this argument even a thing.

Well no, because that's also a very clearly different situation and advertised as such. They clearly mean for you to get Diancie from an event and get it's mega stone in ORAS from some event guy, just like how Shaymin got you a Gracidea in Platinum. We have precedent in that every Mega Evolution advertised for XY had the base form available in XY in some way, shape or form, aside from Blaziken who was, again, clearly advertised as an event. Slowpoke is NOTHING like an event Legendary and is very clearly just another 'normal' Pokémon and situation like any other Mega. Unlike Diancie, Blaziken and possibly Metagross, it is not an event, it is not advertised as having anything special about it that's different from any other Mega you can get in the game and I see absolutely no reason for them to not put Slowpoke in the aftergame, why is this argument even a thing.
Who said this was an argument? That's a bit strong. Discussion seems to fit better.

I'll give you the Diancie bit. I was not around for the 4th gen.

Going off of what you said, it's because the Slowpoke line isn't a legendary, starter, or event that makes this situation unique. GF doesn't have to make the Slowpoke line available in ORAS - it's a common line just like any Caterpie, Aron, or Swinub. By common, I mean any 'mon that is in some way available in the wild, breedable, and is not unique/one-of-a-kind - so legendaries and starters are not common. Not all 'mons are available in-game, and must be traded or transferred over. Just because one common 'mon gets a new form, doesn't necessarily warrant its inclusion in the remake of a game wherein it was not available. Starters and legendaries? Yes. Common 'mons? No.

As for the availability of the Mega stone inheritor? GF has expressed desire to use the social functions of the 3DS this generation. It wouldn't be too hard at all to effectively utilize the GTS and acquire a Slowpoke for your new OR or AS game. Of course, one would have to put aside the blatant misuse and abuse of the GTS... Then there's also the Poke Bank - the service that will be used for years (and games) to come. In fact, I wouldn't put it past GF to do just this. So, you want to try out your new Mega Slowbro? Well, looks like you'll just have to trade for one with your friends or pull one from the Bank. It's not hard this generation to acquire such a common 'mon in order to use its new form. Now, that's not to say that the Slowpoke line won't be available in ORAS during or post-game. It's simply a new opportunity.

Besides, we have basically nothing to go off on and we're basically speculating now and, more importantly, we have no idea what GF have planned.

Speaking of what GF have planned, I really would prefer if the contests were more like RSE contests, but brought back those seals from DP. Those were really cool and unique, I thought. The DP contests were disappointing, but I honestly never really played 4th gen. The little I did play (god, were battles s l o w) was ok, but those seals were a very nice touch - so much possible creativity.

EXP Share doesn't make the game too easy, it just reduces the grind.

You either plow through the game with one powerful Pokemon or six. It really makes no difference. Pokemon has never been challenging.

I didn't use the EXP share or the torchic I received and breezed through the game in about a day, relying almost entirely on a Hawlucha I caught in the wild. Every Pokemon game has been possible to solo with a single Pokemon - the only real challenge comes if you're trying to build an even team or specifically gimp yourself.
I believe it's sad if you mono the game. Really. The nicest part of Pokémon games for me is to build a team and level all of them up. Sure, it is easier to have a single overly leveled pokémon, but where's the fun in it?

While we're speculating here's some more kind of interesting stuff from the English website. If you scroll down on This Page and flip through the art gallery you might notice something kind of odd...

Every Pokemon featured and talked about on the website is getting a new mega/form, or is the main of a featured and talked about character, or is related to contest and all their new/returning mechanics. I'm not gonna read too much into what is or isn't in the "art gallery" ribbon because that's really just all over the place. But I am starting to wonder a little bit about why Seviper and Zangoose are getting any attention. Maybe they're just trying to illustrate the fact that there will be version exclusives beyond legnedaries? Maybe it's just really random what they put up on the site? Or maybe there are some mega stones for them in the future..... I'm just speculating 'cause it seems odd they're featured at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)