NU Exeggutor

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Please slash Hidden power Ground with HP fire on the specs set. Its great for nailing Probopass and still hits steel types. Its a matter of preference if you want to hit Probo and Bastio or Ferro.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exeggutor Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Probopass: 238-282 (73.4 - 87%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exeggutor Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Probopass: 138-163 (42.5 - 50.3%)

Even Giga Drain is a 2hko after any prior damage, idk how important HP Ground is when a set without HP Fire leaves you hard walled by Ferro.
You could give it a mention in moves, but I personally don't think it's worth a slash

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Don't add HP Ground. The reason it was used last gen was for Skuntank and Probopass but the former is gone and the latter can be hit by Leaf Storm.

LumRest:
- expand it to more than Granbull for Team Options. The tier has a lot of good bulky waters for instance, and they have good synergy
- usage tips: "Try to scout what would be best first of all, and act accordingly, even if it requires taking a bit of damage."; I don't really understand this part ;-;
- mention it's a good status absorber in usage tips
- mention that it can come in on bulky stuff and absorb their status, especially bulky waters, in usage tips

Choice Specs:
- Expand on more Team Options for non-sun

Chlorophyll Sweeper:
- Remove Moonlight from usage tips as it isn't on the set
- I don't think the priority part is necessary because it's mainly just Spiritomb and Kangaskhan (Egg resists stuff like Aqua Jet and Mach Punch). I'd mention to get them out of the way before attempting to sweep

SubSeed:
- like LumRest, expand on team options a tad

Checks and Counters:
- put Steel-types and Cryogonal as separate points

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Don't add HP Ground. The reason it was used last gen was for Skuntank and Probopass but the former is gone and the latter can be hit by Leaf Storm.

LumRest:
- expand it to more than Granbull for Team Options. The tier has a lot of good bulky waters for instance, and they have good synergy
- usage tips: "Try to scout what would be best first of all, and act accordingly, even if it requires taking a bit of damage."; I don't really understand this part ;-;
- mention it's a good status absorber in usage tips
- mention that it can come in on bulky stuff and absorb their status, especially bulky waters, in usage tips

Choice Specs:
- Expand on more Team Options for non-sun

Chlorophyll Sweeper:
- Remove Moonlight from usage tips as it isn't on the set
- I don't think the priority part is necessary because it's mainly just Spiritomb and Kangaskhan (Egg resists stuff like Aqua Jet and Mach Punch). I'd mention to get them out of the way before attempting to sweep

SubSeed:
- like LumRest, expand on team options a tad

Checks and Counters:
- put Steel-types and Cryogonal as separate points
Coulda swore I removed the pesky Moonlight thing. Apologies on that one, that was a silly overglancing of the thing. Asides from that, fixed all that needed fixing, and touched up on the Team Options some more.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
LumRest:
Team Options:
- when mentioning hazard users, explain how they help in Exeggutor's role. Also, please list hazard setters that can fit on most teams and not just niche ones like Miltank. For example, Rhydon, Seismitoad, Omastar
- explain the type synergy between bulky Waters and Eggy

Choice Specs:
Team Options:
- For the third point, remove the "supposing you lost your Specs" part because it enjoys hazard support either way. Mention one or two O/2HKOs it gets with hazards, for example Probopass. Also list SR setters that can fit on most teams and not niche ones like Miltank: see LumRest
- Also add a teammate that can take advantage of Spiritomb, for example CM Slurpuff

Chlorophyll Sweeper:
Usage Tips: Mention removing Spiritomb and Kangaskhan in particular, rather than priority moves which is very general.

SubSeed:
Team Options:
- Don't need to mention SR (and status) on Miltank and Probopass if they don't add anything to Eggy's role. If need be, at least explain how these moves help
- Remove the part about Mantine having the second best SpD because it's irrelevant to Exeggutor
- It's not about special walls as much as it is about type synergy, so rectify this point please

slayerx725232

slayerx725232

LumRest:
Team Options:
- when mentioning hazard users, explain how they help in Exeggutor's role. Also, please list hazard setters that can fit on most teams and not just niche ones like Miltank. For example, Rhydon, Seismitoad, Omastar
- explain the type synergy between bulky Waters and Eggy

Choice Specs:
Team Options:
- For the third point, remove the "supposing you lost your Specs" part because it enjoys hazard support either way. Mention one or two O/2HKOs it gets with hazards, for example Probopass. Also list SR setters that can fit on most teams and not niche ones like Miltank: see LumRest
- Also add a teammate that can take advantage of Spiritomb, for example CM Slurpuff

Chlorophyll Sweeper:
Usage Tips: Mention removing Spiritomb and Kangaskhan in particular, rather than priority moves which is very general.

SubSeed:
Team Options:
- Don't need to mention SR (and status) on Miltank and Probopass if they don't add anything to Eggy's role. If need be, at least explain how these moves help
- Remove the part about Mantine having the second best SpD because it's irrelevant to Exeggutor
- It's not about special walls as much as it is about type synergy, so rectify this point please
I'll make note of all this and proceed to change it up later, as right now it is nearing 4AM and all cognitive thinking is out of the window. I greatly appreciate all the advice you've been giving me on how to better this analysis.

slayerx725232

Now that I have coherent thoughts back, I ended up fixing all that needed a touch up on, again. It even involved doing math (CURSE YOU MATH) but it should all be sorted out now, unless I blindly missed something.

scorpdestroyer

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
LumRest:
Team Options: Remove entry hazard support, nabbing the 2HKO on Probopass isn't good justification because 1) it beats Probo thanks to Lum and 2) it doesn't actually 2HKO without Specs

Choice Specs
Team Options: Make a note of how Slurpuff can set up on Spiritomb if it tries to kill Eggy

SubSeed:
Team Options:
- Explain the type synergy between Probo and Eggy. Similarly, remove the SR support part if you can't justify it in relation to Exeggutor
- I'm not sure how important status it for Eggy, but if you do mention it also give examples of users that inflict status. Same goes for clerics

Sorry for being nitpicky but this is how it is n_n

slayerx725232

slayerx725232

I prefer nitpickyness, it lets me improve on my article writing for the future and lets me learn a few more things I may not have known. Also, you've caught something I've overlooked twice, so that's a great thing.

scorpdestroyer

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
some other stuff:

Choice Specs:
- When talking about HP Fire mention Ferroseed as an example because that's one of the main targets
- Instead of saying it is "typically" combined with sun teams change it to it "can be" combined with them
- You can expand on usage tips a bit. Talk about when to use each move. If there's a dangerous setup sweeper, don't use Leaf Storm and spam Psychic instead, if tomb is alive either don't bring it in or don't use Leaf Storm or Psychic, etc
- Leaf Storm doesn't 2HKO SpD Probopass because of the special attack drop, find another example please :/
- Meowstic isn't one of the best weather supporters due to not having switch moves. Mention Uxie instead

Chlorophyll:
- State examples of sun Pokemon for Team Options

SubSeed:
- Mention grounded Poison-types in Team Options
- Eggy also takes Ground-, Fighting- and Water-type hits for Probopass

slayerx725232

slayerx725232

some other stuff:

- Leaf Storm doesn't 2HKO SpD Probopass because of the special attack drop, find another example please :/
I did the math (since the calculator does not account for special attack drops, and came to the conclusion that it 2HKO's with 2 layers of spikes and SR. (btw, screw math) However, if i stated that it did without the hazard support, then I'll definitely fix that.

EDIT: Added in and adjusted anything that needed done scorpdestroyer

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
Ya I didn't notice Leaf Storm still 2HKOs, my bad

Other stuff:

Choice Specs:
Usage Tips:
- Add here that Leaf Storm can be used when walls are around because with hazards it 2HKOs a lot of walls, like Audino and Probopass

Team Options:
- Weather Uxie doesn't run dual screens. Mention Stealth Rock instead.

Chlorophyll:
Team Options:
- Same with Uxie
- Tropius is not a great sun abuser. Talk about Victreebel, Sawsbuck, Typhlosion, and Pyroar instead.

slayerx725232

I knew my math wasn't that bad on the Probopass thing. Was a slight pain in the ass trying to figure out how to determine the percentage of damage with hazards at first though. Anyways ya, fixed everything up again as best I could. scorpdestroyer

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
slayerx725232

Change all the set names properly, ya. The ones on top of the ##### too.

State an example of a Chlorophyll Pokemon under Team Options for Chlorophyll set because you don't have any rn.

Under checks and counters, priority attackers and not abusers; we don't use abusers in our analyses

I trust you'll do this. After you're done consider it as QC 3/3

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
amcheck :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
######## (<- Always use 8 #s or =s, not an arbitrary number or the number that looks best)
(line breaks after headers improve readability but are not necessary)

Exeggutor is one of those Pokemon that has multiple sets it can run, allowing it to hasve multiple niches. It can make use of the wonderful ability Harvest to allow it to stall out higher threats, or it can take advantage of the sun with Chlorophyll and potentially sweep teams. It also has moderately decent bulk, allowing it to withstand quite a few hard-hitters (remove dash) given the right EVs. The one main downfall of Exeggutor is its weakness to common attacking types, such as Dark-, Fire-, (remove dashes) and Bug-types. One of its sets can also be almost entirely destroyed by Taunt users faster than it, which isn't hard to do there are many of as it has a mediocre 55 base speed.

LumRest
#########
n
ame: LumRest
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Rest
ability: Harvest
item: Lum Berry
evs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 108 Speed
nature: Modest

Moves
========

Sleep Powder lets Exeggutor force put one of the opposing Pokemon to go to sleep, which is always a positive in any battle. With a strong STAB move in Psychic, Exeggutor is able to hold its own when need be, and gain back slight health with its other primary STAB move, Giga Drain. When times get too rough and Exeggutor doesn't look like it will be able to survive another hit, Rest is there to allow Exeggutor come back in at full health. Rest also lets it remove any hazardous statuses that it may have gained and is unable to remove until it gets harvests another Lum Berry.

Set Details
========

Being given 108 EVs in Speed allows Exeggutor to outspeed base 67 Pokemon that have no investment, namely uninvested Lanturn, which can come in and severely cripple Exeggutor. With 248 EVs put into HP, Exeggutor is also allowed to survive longer, able to survive taking in harder hits while still being able to live. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack so that Exeggutor is able to hit hard with its two STAB moves, and potentially racking up a few KOs on it's own. The ever-lovely (dash) Lum Berry is to prevent Exeggutor from picking up a status, as that can be detrimental to any Pokemon. With the extraordinary ability Harvest, Exeggutor has an essentially infinite supply of Lum Berries, which works well in great harmony with the move Rest.

Usage Tips
========= (remove equals sign)

Though Exeggutor is somewhat bulky, try to prevent from not to sending it out recklessly, and act according to the situation you are faced with. This particular set, however, works greatly as a status absorber, as it has limitless Lum Berries. It can switch in on a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or and Thunder Wave, heal itself with the Lum Berry, and then proceed to either attack the opposing Pokemon or switch back out for later use.

Team Options
=========== (remove equals signs)

Due to Exeggutor having With Sleep Powder, it Exeggutor is able to pave a the way for other setup sweepers such as Klinklang and Mismagius to come in and tear through the opposing team, such as Klinklang or Mismagius. Another great thing to have on the team would be a cleric such as Togetic and Granbull, as it which can switch in on a Bug- or Dark-type move and Heal Bell away any status Exeggutor may have if its Lum Berry is Knocked Off. in case of a lost Lum Berry, due to the common use of Knock Off. Granbull can switch into moves that could devastate Exeggutor and also dispose of Spiritomb, which is a big check to Exeggutor. works as a cleric and a bulky switch-in to moves that would otherwise devastate Exeggutor. It is also able to dispose of Spiritomb, which is a big check to Exeggutor. A bulky Water-type such as Seismitoad is also a good switch in to Fire-type attacks. (period) and Seismitoad is also capable of setting up Stealth Rocks, which is always beneficial to any team.

Choice Specs
########## (remove hashes)
n
ame: Choice Specs
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Leaf Storm
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Sleep Powder
ability: Chlorophyll
item: Choice Specs
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Moves
========

The moves given to Exeggutor are there primarily for hard-hitting STAB, with Giga Drain being there for scenarios in which dropping special attack is not favorable advised and the opposing Pokemon resists or is immune to Psychic is resisted or unable to hit the opposing Pokemon, such as in the case of Spiritomb. Hidden Power Fire is there for situations when both of the Exeggutor's STAB moves are resisted. The primary target of this is Ferroseed, as it is unable to be hit hard by neither Grass- nor Psychic-type moves hit it hard. It Hidden Power Fire can also hit other unsuspecting Steel-type Pokemon, such as Klinklang. (no mention of Sleep Powder?)

Set Details
========

Exeggutor is given 252 EVs in special attack to allow for the strongest possible attacks when coupled with Choice Specs. When given 252 EVs in Speed, Exeggutor is nearly unsurpassed when under the sun; (semicolon) however, (comma) it can also utilize these EVs when there is no sun as well, outspeeding any uninvested base 85 Speed Pokemon, such as Feraligatr that have no investment, even allowing it to outspeed a Feraligatr with no investments that is not a Jolly nature. The remaining 4 EVs are placed into defense to allow Exeggutor to potentially survive more attacks. The Choice Specs are to ensure that the maximum amount of damage it will be dealt, and that nothing will want to switch into a neutral attack from Exeggutor.

Usage Tips

While Chlorophyll Exeggutor is typically run with a sun user, it does not have to be under the sun to be effective. However, keep in mind that once you are Exeggutor is locked into a move, it is easy to play around Exeggutor, so choose the move that would best fit the upcoming scenario. For example, using Psychic the previous turn while the opponent still had a Spiritomb would allow for you to either become Pursuit trapped or setup fodder. When dealing with setup sweepers are present, it is better to use Psychic instead of Leaf Storm unless the Pokemon resists it, instead of Leaf Storm, as once Exeggutor is at -2 Special Attack, it is no longer threatening. However, when dealing with walls such as Probopass or and Audino, Leaf Storm is the better move to use as it can 2HKO both of them after entry hazards damage. with slight hazard use.

Team Options

Even though Exeggutor is not entirely reliant on sun, having a Pokemon sun setter such as Volbeat, Liepard, and Uxie that can set it up such as Volbeat, Liepard, or Uxie is greatly appreciated. Liepard and Volbeat are both Prankster users that can easily set up the sun for Exeggutor, while Uxie can set up the sun as well as Stealth Rocks, which is great to have present. As with all Pokemon that attempt to sweep, having entry hazards support is always beneficial, as it allows for Exeggutor to be able to 2HKO Pokemon it would otherwise be unable to, such as Probopass. Without any hazards up, Exeggutor has no chance of 2HKOing Probopass, whereas with Stealth Rocks and 2 two layers of Spikes, it Leaf Storm is always a 2HKO. Seismatoad is a great Pokemon to set up Stealth Rocks, as it is quite bulky, and its one weakness is something a type that Exeggutor can switch into. For Spikes, Accelgor is a great choice, as with Focus Sash it is a speedy Pokemon that is capable of getting up 2 two layers of Spikes almost every time when it has Focus Sash.

Chlorophyll Sweeper
############## (remove hashes)
n
ame: Chlorophyll Sweeper
move 1: Solar Beam
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Sunny Day / Sleep Powder
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Moves
========

Exeggutor under the sun is a Pokemon that should not be messed around with, as it has access to Solar Beam, a powerful base 120 Base Power STAB move that has with no repercussions to using, asides from the fact that it is only truly useful during the sun. It also has another powerful STAB move in Psychic, which can hit a lot of the things that Grass-type moves cannot. For Steel-types however, Hidden Power Fire is present and able to take advantage of the sun boost as well. Since this particular set is not bound to a Choice item, Exeggutor has the option of running Sunny Day itself, but this can be replaced with Sleep Powder to cripple one of the opposing Pokemon.

Set Details

When in the sun with 252 speed EVs, Very few things are able to outspeed Exeggutor when in the sun with 252 Speed EVs, which lettings it hit many Pokemon for big damage before they get a chance to strike back. It Exeggutor is also given 252 special attack EVs to maximize the damage output when given a Life Orb. The Life Orb on it's own is to help Exeggutor deal massive damage without having to be locked into a move, allowing for more versatility.

Usage Tips

Exeggutor's main role on this set is to deal as much damage as it can, with or without the sun. Even though Exeggutor isn't entirely decimated by priority, there are a few users of it that can ruin the chances of Exeggutor sweeping, namely Kangaskhan and Spiritomb. If able to, Attempt to take out these two Pokemon before switching into attempting a sweep with Exeggutor to attempt a sweep. If you decide that you'd rather run Sleep Powder over Sunny Day on Exeggutor, be sure that you have a Pokemon dedicated solely to setting up the sun, such as the bulky Uxie or the quite fast Liepard, as Exeggutor underneath the sun is a force to be reckoned with. (<- this sentence could be removed entirely as it's kind of already mentioned in Team Options)

Team Options

On the off shot that If Exeggutor is unable to set up sun on it's its own, or you decide to run Sleep Powder over Sunny Day it, it would be best to carry a Pokemon that can set up sun for it. Liepard and Volbeat are both semi-fragile Pokemon that have access to Prankster Sunny Day, while Uxie is a bulky Pokemon with a modest speed that can set up both sun and Stealth Rocks, which are always beneficial to Exeggutor. Having other It is recommended to have hard-hitting Pokemon such as Typhlosion and Victreebel that enjoy being in the sun, as is always recommended, as such as the hard-hitting Typhlosion or Victreebel. both of these Pokemon have use as other hard-hitters in the sun, and are great when coupled with Exeggutor.

SubSeed
########
n
ame: SubSeed
move 1: Leech Seed
move 2: Substitute
move 4: Sleep Powder / Giga Drain / Hidden Power Fire
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Speed
nature: Bold

Moves
========

This particular set is designed to stall out higher threats, and utilizes such moves to allow it to do that job. Leech Seed is placed on the set to whittles away at the opposing Pokemon's health, while letting Exeggutor recover mitigate any damage it takes over the course of the battle. Substitute is for switch-outs or when against slower Pokemon, as it lets you Exeggutor reduce the amount of damage you it takes, while allowing you it to stall out the opponent. Psychic is to gives Exeggutor a powerful STAB move for situations when it is unable to stall out the opponent with Leech Seed. The fourth slot is a choice between Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, and Hidden Power Fire. Giga Drain allows for more recovery on Exeggutor's part, while Sleep Powder lets you incapacitate an opposing Pokemon and stall them it out while it's asleep out that way. Hidden Power Fire is there for in case you decide you need coverage.

Set Details
========

With the given Speed EVs, Exeggutor is able to outspeed uninvested Lanturn base 67 Pokemon that have no investment, namely Lanturn. With a full 252 EV investment in HP, Exeggutor is allowed to can take more hits. The HP stat also stays an even number, which allows the Sitrus Berry to kick in after two Substitutes. The remaining EVs are dumped into Defense to allow Exeggutor to better combat Feraligatr and other physical attackers. Sitrus Berry takes advantage of Harvest, as a great source of recovery that is nearly infinite. A Bold as a nature allows you Exeggutor to take even more physical hits, and increases your its longevity.

Usage Tips
========

The primary goal of this set is to whittle away at the opposing Pokemon's health, while coming out with staying with a respectable amount of HP. The first thing that should be done is setting up a Substitute, as it allows you Exeggutor to take any hit and set up a Leech Seed. If you have Sleep Powder, though, the first priority may be to use that beforehand though, as it will render a Pokemon useless and allow Exeggutor while you can continue to set up a Substitute while as they opponent switches out. If you feel Exeggutor needs to take hits from special attackers more easily be more specially defensive, switch the Defense and Special Defense EVs and put them in special defense, as well as switching that changing the nature to Calm. It's mainly preferential to which side you want to take hits from easier.

Team Options

As previously said, Granbull or any other bulky Fairy-type Pokemon would be are extremely helpful to beneficial to have with Exeggutor, as they are able to eat up most moves that are super effective against would be the downfall of Exeggutor. Having a status absorber is also helpful to this set, as Exeggutor has no method of removing status once it is inflicted upon it. Alternatively, a cleric such as Togetic can be used substituted, as it can easily switch in on most moves that would decimate Exeggutor, (remove comma) and proceed to Heal Bell away any hindering statuses. In regards to that, having A Pokemon that can inflict statuses itself would also be great to have, as they it can either assist in gradually whittling away at the opposing Pokemon's HP so that Exeggutor can better stall out opposing Pokemon or prevent a Pokemon from outspeeding Exeggutor. Spiritomb and Miltank both fit this role greatly well, seeing as Spiritomb can neuter any physical attacker with a well-placed (dash) Will-O-Wisp, while Miltank can paralyze or toxic poison any other Pokemon. Doing so would allow Exeggutor to better stall out opposing Pokemon. Again, Having a bulky wall that works well with Exeggutor is ideal, as it this keeps Exeggutor relatively healthy while not without your having to sacrifice one of your Pokemon. Probopass works great in this role, as it can easily eat up take Bug-type attacks, and doesn't suffer too much from most Dark-type attacks. It isn't a one-sided assistance, though, as Exeggutor is able to switch in on the Water-, Ground-, and Fighting-type moves easily to space that bother Probopass. The final thing that would be Grounded Poison-types such as Muk and Garbodor are nice to have for Exeggutor would be grounded Poison-types, such as Muk or Garbodor, as they can absorb Toxic Spikes and hit the opposing team hard to make way for Exeggutor.

Other Options
########## (remove equals signs)

Exeggutor has the potential to run a variety of various sets, such as a dual screens setter or and a Wish passer. However, if you are looking for a strong variant of Exeggutor, you can easily give it a Choice Band, Wood Hammer, and Low Kick so that it can wreak havoc. In place of Choice Specs, You can swap those Choice Specs out with a for Choice Scarf to boost Exeggutor's Speed quite well. However, you can also bluff the appearance of having a Choice item, but instead give Exeggutor a Meadow Plate to catch opponents off-guard (remove dash). Exeggutor also works well with a Life Orb on a Trick Room team, as it is slow does not have the greatest of speeds.

Checks & Counters
############# (remove equals signs)
(add a colon after every item; this should not be a bullet point list)

**Priority Attackers**: Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak easily counter the Chlorophyll set, as Exeggutor on it's own is not very bulky and unable to take larger hits. That being said, Spiritomb is quite a great counter for Exeggutor this Pokemon, as long as it Spiritomb (<- hope this is what you meant, change to Exeggutor if it wasn't) is not running a mono-attacking set.

**Fast / Prankster Taunt**: On the SubSeed set, the primary destruction of that is Any form of fast taunter, as it prevents SubSeed Exeggutor from setting up a Substitute, (remove comma) or a Leech Seed. In this retrospect As such, Liepard is a great counter for the SubSeed set, as it can easily Taunt turn one 1, preventing any setup moves, (comma) and is immune to the stereotypical Exeggutor's STAB Psychic-type (dash) moves. that Exeggutor carries as STAB. However, against the offensive sets, Taunt is irrelevant. (period) , but Liepard still does a good job utilizing Knock Off / Encore, as long as it can be switched in safely.

**Magic Bounce / Xatu**: A great counter for either of the sets would be is Xatu, as Magic Bounce prevents the setup set from getting anywhere, and Xatu resists the primary attacks Chlorophyll Exeggutor's STAB moves sent at it while it and can easily dispose of it any variant of Exeggutor with Heat Wave or a Flying-type STAB move (<- don't add this if Xatu doesn't normally carry a Flying-type STAB move; it just seems like it would be better to mention its STAB moves but I'm not familiar with NU). In terms of the Chlorophyll set, most of the moves that Exeggutor would carry would be unable to leave a dent on Xatu, while it can Roost away any damage sent on it.

**Status Users**: The greatest counter to Exeggutor, assuming it is not already behind a Substitute on the SubSeed set If Exeggutor is not behind a Substitute, would be Toxic, while another crippling thing to occur would be paralysis, poison and paralysis are very crippling for it, as Exeggutor on its own has no form of removing such statuses. In the same regards, Toxic Spikes can often prove often fatal for Exeggutor unless it is holding a Lum Berry.

**Steel-types (dash)**: If offensive Exeggutor does not carry Hidden Power Fire or Psyshock, Granted that the Exeggutor you are facing is offensive, and not carrying HP Fire or Psyshock, Steel-types (dash) have a relatively easy time disposing of Exeggutor it as they can resist both its STAB moves while the Grass STAB and typically eat up the Psychic STAB, retaliating with hard hits that can end Exeggutor.

**Cryogonal**: While not being a Pokemon that it would not want to switch directly into a hard-hitting (dash) move from Exeggutor, once Cryogonal is in safely it can use its powerful STAB Ice-type moves to either OHKO Exeggutor or force Exeggutor it out. (period) with the offensive pressure it carries or manage to dispose of Exeggutor with a powerful STAB Ice-type move.

slayerx725232

Oh my, looking back on that analysis, I didn't realize how horrible my grammar was in that. I guess that is one downside to writing this up at 4AM. Anyways, I fixed up all the atrocious grammar, your help was much appreciated frenzyplant.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########

Exeggutor has multiple niches. It can make use of the wonderful ability Harvest to stall out threats, or it can take advantage of the sun with Chlorophyll and potentially sweep teams. It also has decent bulk, allowing it to withstand quite a few hard hitters given the right EVs when invested appropriately. The one main downfall of Exeggutor is its weakness to common attacking types, such as Dark, Fire, and Bug. One of its sets can also be almost entirely destroyed by Taunt users faster than it, which there are many of as it has a mediocre base 55 base Speed.

LumRest
########
name: LumRest
evs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 108 Spe

Moves
=====

Sleep Powder lets Exeggutor put one of the opposing Pokemon to sleep, which is always a positive in any battle. With a strong STAB move in Psychic, Exeggutor is able to hold its own when need be, and gain back health with its other primary STAB move, Giga Drain. When times get too rough and Exeggutor doesn't look like it will be able to survive another hit,(RC) Rest is there to allows Exeggutor come back in at to recover back to full health when it's getting low on HP. Rest also lets it remove any statuses that it may have gained and is unable to remove until it harvests another Lum Berry been afflicted with.

Set Details
========

108 EVs in Speed EVs allows Exeggutor to outspeed uninvested Lanturn, which can come in and severely cripple Exeggutor. With 248 EVs put into HP, Exeggutor is able to survive harder hits. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack so that Exeggutor is able to hit hard with its two STAB moves, potentially racking up a few KOs. The ever-lovely Lum Berry is to prevents Exeggutor from picking up a status, as that can be detrimental to any Pokemon. With the extraordinary ability Harvest ability, Exeggutor has an essentially infinite supply of Lum Berries, which works well with Rest.

Usage Tips
========

Though Exeggutor is somewhat bulky, try not to send it out recklessly, and act according to the situation you are faced with. This particular set, however, works greatly as a status absorber, as it effectively has a limitless supply of Lum Berries. It can switch in on a status move such as Will-O-Wisp and or Thunder Wave, heal itself with the Lum Berry, and then proceed to either attack the opposing Pokemon or switch out for later use act as a pivot switch.

Team Options
========

With Sleep Powder, Exeggutor is able to pave the way for setup sweepers such as Klinklang and Mismagius to come in and tear through the opposing team. Another great thing to have on the team would be a cleric such as Togetic and Granbull which can switch in on a Bug- or Dark-type move and Heal Bell away cure any status Exeggutor may have if its Lum Berry is Knocked Off. Granbull can switch into moves that could devastate Exeggutor and also dispose of Spiritomb, which is a big check to Exeggutor. A bulky Water-type such as Seismitoad is also a good switch in to Fire-type attacks. Seimitoad is also capable of setting up Stealth Rocks, which is always beneficial to any team.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
=====

The moves given to Exeggutor are there primarily for hard-hitting STAB, with Psychic and Leaf Storm are Exeggutor's two strongest STAB moves, with Giga Drain being there for scenarios in which dropping lowering Special Attack is not favorable and the opposing Pokemon resists or is immune to Psychic, such as in the case of Spiritomb. Hidden Power Fire is there for situations when both of Exeggutor's STAB moves are resisted. The primary target of this is Ferroseed, as neither Grass- or Psychic-type moves can really damage it. Hidden Power Fire can also hit other unsuspecting Steel-type Pokemon,(RC) such as Klinklang. In case you feel the need to add Sleep Powder can be used over Hidden Power Fire, as it is a great stop to setup sweepers such as Mismagius and Feraligatr.

Set Details
========

Exeggutor is given 252 EVs in Special Attack to allow for the strongest possible attacks when coupled with Choice Specs. When given 252 EVs in Speed means,(RC) Exeggutor is nearly unsurpassed fast than most Pokemon when under the sun; however, it can also utilize these EVs when there is no sun as well, outspeeding any uninvested base 85 Pokemon, such as Feraligatr. The remaining 4 EVs are placed into Defense to allow Exeggutor to potentially survive more attacks. The Choice Specs are to ensure that the maximum boosts the amount of damage that will be dealt,(RC) and that nothing will want to switch into a neutral attack from Exeggutor.

Usage Tips
========

While Chlorophyll Exeggutor is typically run with a sun user, it does not have to be under the sun to be effective. However, keep in mind that once Exeggutor is locked into a move, it is easy to play around, so choose the move that would best fit the upcoming scenario. For example, using Psychic the previous turn while the opponent still had a Spiritomb would allow for you to either become Pursuit trapped or setup fodder. When setup sweepers are present, it is better to use Psychic instead of Leaf Storm unless the Pokemon resists it, i as once Exeggutor is at -2 Special Attack, it is no longer threatening. However, when dealing with certain walls such as Probopass and Audino, Leaf Storm is the better move to use as it can 2HKO them after entry hazards damage.

Team Options
========

Even though Exeggutor is not entirely reliant on sun, having a sun setter such as Volbeat, Liepard, and or Uxie is greatly appreciated. Liepard and Volbeat are both Prankster users that can easily set up sun for Exeggutor, while Uxie can set up sun as well as Stealth Rocks, which is great to have present. As with all Pokemon that attempt to sweep, having entry hazards support is always beneficial, as it allows for Exeggutor to be able to 2HKO Pokemon it would otherwise be unable to. Without hazards up, Exeggutor has no chance of 2HKOing Probopass, whereas with Stealth Rock and two layers of Spikes, Leaf Storm is always a 2HKO. Seismatoad is a great Pokemon to set up Stealth Rocks, as it is quite bulky, and its one weakness is a type that Exeggutor can switch into. For Spikes, Accelgor is a great choice, as with Focus Sash it is capable of getting up two layers of Spikes almost every time.

Chlorophyll Sweeper
########
name: Chlorophyll Sweeper
move 1: Solarbeam
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
=====

Exeggutor under the sun should not be messed around with, as it has access to Solar Beam, a powerful 120 Base Power STAB move with no repercussions, asides from the fact that it is only truly useful usable during the sun. It also has another powerful STAB move in Psychic, which can hit a lot of the things that Grass-type moves cannot. For Steel-types, Hidden Power Fire is able to take advantage of the sun boost as well. Since this particular set is not bound to a locked into a move with Choice item, Exeggutor has the option of running Sunny Day itself, but this can be replaced with Sleep Powder to cripple one of the opposing Pokemon.

Set Details
=========

Very few things are able to outspeed Exeggutor when in the sun with 252 Speed EVs, letting it hit many Pokemon for big heavy damage before they get a chance to strike back. Exeggutor is also given 252 Special Attack EVs to maximize the damage output when given a Life Orb. The Life Orb on it's own is to help lets Exeggutor deal massive damage without having to be being locked into a move, allowing for more versatility.

Usage Tips
========

Exeggutor's main role on this set is to deal as much damage as it can, with or without the sun. Even though Exeggutor isn't entirely decimated by priority, there are a few users of it that can ruin the chances of Exeggutor sweeping, namely Kangaskhan and Spiritomb. Attempt to take out these two Pokemon before attempting a sweep with Exeggutor. If you run Sleep Powder over Sunny Day on Exeggutor, be sure that you have a Pokemon dedicated solely to setting up sun, such as the bulky Uxie or the quite fast Liepard, as Exeggutor under the sun is a force to be reckoned with.

Team Options
========

If Exeggutor is unable to set up sun on its own, or you decide to run Sleep Powder over Sunny Day, it would be best to carry a Pokemon that can set up sun for it. Liepard and Volbeat both have access to Prankster Sunny Day, while Uxie can set up both sun and Stealth Rocks, which are always beneficial to Exeggutor. It is recommended to have hard-hitting Pokemon such as Typhlosion and Victreebel that enjoy being in benefit from the sun, as both of these Pokemon are great when coupled with Exeggutor.

SubSeed
#######
name: SubSeed
evs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe

Moves
========

This particular set is designed to stall out threats. Leech Seed whittles away at the opposing Pokemon's health, while letting Exeggutor recover any damage it takes over the course of the battle. Substitute lets Exeggutor reduce the amount of damage it takes, while allowing it to stall out the opponent. Psychic gives Exeggutor a powerful STAB move for situations when it is unable to stall out the opponent with Leech Seed. The fourth slot is a choice between Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, and Hidden Power Fire. Giga Drain allows for more recovery on Exeggutor's part, while Sleep Powder lets you it incapacitate an opposing Pokemon and stall it out while it's asleep. Hidden Power Fire is for coverage against Steel-types.

Set Details
========

With the given Speed EVs, Exeggutor is able to outspeed uninvested Lanturn. With a full maximum investment in HP, Exeggutor can take more hits. The HP stat also stays an even number, which allows the Sitrus Berry to kick in after two Substitutes. The remaining EVs are dumped into Defense to allow Exeggutor to better combat Feraligatr and other physical attackers. Sitrus Berry takes advantage of Harvest, as a great source of recovery that is nearly infinite. (space) A Bold nature allows Exeggutor to take even more physical hits,(RC) and theoretically increase its longevity.

Usage Tips
========
The primary goal of this set is to whittle away at the opposing Pokemon's health, while coming out with a respectable amount of HP. The first thing that should be done is setting up a Substitute, as it allows you Exeggutor to take any hit and set up a Leech Seed. If you running have Sleep Powder, the first priority may be to use that beforehand though, as it will render a Pokemon useless while you can continue Exeggutor to can set up a Substitute while they switch out. If you feel Exeggutor needs to be more specially defensive, switch the Defense EVs and put them in Special Defense, as well as and switching that the nature to Calm. It's mainly preferential to which side you want to take hits from easier.

Team Options
========

As previously said, Bulky Fairy-type Pokemon are extremely helpful to Exeggutor, as they are able to eat up most moves that are super effective against Exeggutor. Having a status absorber is also helpful to this set, as Exeggutor has no method of removing status. Alternatively, a cleric such as Togetic can be used, as it can easily switch in on most moves that would decimate Exeggutor and proceed to Heal Bell away any statuses. A Pokemon that can inflict statuses itself would also be great to have, as it can either assist in gradually whittling away at the opposing Pokemon's HP so that Exeggutor can better stall out opposing Pokemon or prevent a Pokemon from outspeeding Exeggutor. Spiritomb and Miltank both fit this role well, seeing as Spiritomb can neuter any physical attacker with a well-placed Will-O-Wisp, while Miltank can paralyze or poison any other Pokemon. Having a bulky wall that works well with Exeggutor is ideal, as this keeps Exeggutor relatively healthy without your having to sacrifice one of your Pokemon. Probopass works great in this role, as it can easily take Bug-type attacks, and doesn't suffer too much from most Dark-type attacks. Exeggutor is able to switch in on the Water-, Ground-, and Fighting-type moves that bother Probopass. Grounded Posion-types such as Muk and Garbodor are nice to have for Exeggutor, as they can absorb Toxic Spikes and hit the opposing team hard.

Other Options
########

Exeggutor has the potential to run a variety of various sets, such as a dual screens setter and a Wish passer. However, if you are looking for a strong variant of Exeggutor, you can easily give it a Choice Band, Wood Hammer, and Low Kick. You can swap Choice Specs for Choice Scarf to boost Exeggutor's Speed. However, you can also bluff a Choice item, but instead give Exeggutor a Meadow Plate to catch opponents off guard. Exeggutor also works well with a Life Orb on a Trick Room team, as it is slow.

Checks & Counters
########

**Priority Attackers**: Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak easily counter the Chlorophyll set, as Exeggutor is not very bulky. Spiritomb is quite a great counter for Exeggutor, as long as Spiritomb is not running a mono-attacking set.

**Fast / Prankster Taunt**: Any fast Taunter prevents SubSeed Exeggutor from setting up a Substitute or a Leech Seed. As such, Liepard is a great counter for the SubSeed set, as it can easily Taunt turn one, preventing any setup moves, and is immune to Exeggutor's STAB Psychic-type moves. However, against the offensive sets, Taunt is irrelevant.

**Xatu**: A great counter for either of the sets is Xatu, as Magic Bounce prevents the setup set from getting anywhere, and Xatu resists Chlorophyll Exeggutor's STAB moves and can easily dispose of any variant of Exeggutor with Heat Wave.

**Status Users**: If Exeggutor is not behind a Substitute, poison and paralysis are very crippling for it, as Exeggutor on its own has no form of removing such statuses. Toxic Spikes can often prove fatal for Exeggutor unless it is holding a Lum Berry.

**Steel-types**: If offensive Exeggutor does not carry Hidden Power Fire or Psyshock, Steel-types have a relatively easy time disposing of it as they resist both its STAB moves while retaliating with hard hits that can end Exeggutor.

**Cryogonal**: While it would not want to switch directly into a hard-hitting move from Exeggutor, once Cryogonal is in safely it can use its powerful STAB Ice-type moves to either OHKO Exeggutor or force it out.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
slayerx725232

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Exeggutor has multiple niches. It can make use of the wonderful ability Harvest to stall out threats, or it can take advantage of the sun with Chlorophyll and potentially sweep teams. It also has decent bulk, allowing it to withstand quite a few hard hitters when invested appropriately. The one main downfall of Exeggutor is its weakness to common attacking types, such as Dark, Fire, and Bug. One of its sets can also be almost entirely destroyed by Taunt users faster than it, which there are many of, (AC) as it has a mediocre base 55 Speed.

LumRest
########
name: LumRest
evs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 108 Spe

Moves
=====

Sleep Powder lets Exeggutor put one of the opposing Pokemon to sleep, which is always a positive in any battle. With a strong STAB move in Psychic, Exeggutor is able to hold its own when need be, and gain back health with its other STAB move, Giga Drain. Rest allows Exeggutor to recover back to full health when it's getting low on HP. Rest also lets it remove any statuses that it may might have been afflicted with.

Set Details
========

108 Speed EVs allows Exeggutor to outspeed uninvested Lanturn, which can come in and otherwise severely cripple Exeggutor. With 248 EVs put into HP, Exeggutor is able to survive harder hits. The remaining EVs are put in Special Attack so that Exeggutor is able to hit hard with its two STAB moves, potentially racking up a few KOs. Lum Berry prevents Exeggutor from picking up a status effect, as that can be detrimental. With the Harvest ability, Exeggutor has an essentially infinite supply of Lum Berries, which works well with Rest.

Usage Tips
========

Though Exeggutor is somewhat bulky, try not to send it out recklessly, and act according to the situation you are faced with. This particular set, however, works greatly as a status absorber, as it effectively has a limitless supply of Lum Berries. It can switch in on a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave, heal itself with the Lum Berry, and then proceed to either attack the opposing Pokemon or act as a pivot switch.

Team Options
========

With Sleep Powder, Exeggutor is able to pave the way for setup sweepers such as Klinklang and Mismagius to come in and tear through the opposing team. Another great thing to have on the team would be a cleric such as Togetic and Granbull which can switch in on a Bug- or Dark-type move and cure any status Exeggutor may might have if its Lum Berry is Knocked Off. Granbull can switch into moves that could devastate Exeggutor and also dispose of Spiritomb, which is a big check to Exeggutor. A bulky Water-type such as Seismitoad is also a good switch-in to Fire-type attacks. Seimitoad is also capable of setting up Stealth Rocks, which is always beneficial to any team.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
=====

Leaf Storm and Psychic are Exeggutor's two strongest STAB moves, with Giga Drain for scenarios in which lowering Special Attack is not favorable and the opposing Pokemon resists or is immune to Psychic, such as in the case of Spiritomb. Hidden Power Fire is there for situations when both of Exeggutor's STAB moves are resisted. The primary target of this is Ferroseed, as neither Grass- or Psychic-type moves can really damage it. Hidden Power Fire can also hit other unsuspecting Steel-type Pokemon such as Klinklang. Sleep Powder can be used over Hidden Power Fire, as it is a great stop to setup sweepers such as Mismagius and Feraligatr.

Set Details
========

Exeggutor is given 252 EVs in Special Attack to allow for the strongest possible attacks when coupled with Choice Specs. 252 EVs in Speed means Exeggutor is faster than most Pokemon when under the sun; however, it can also utilize these EVs when there is no sun as well, outspeeding any uninvested base 85 Pokemon, such as Feraligatr. The remaining 4 EVs are placed into Defense to allow Exeggutor to potentially survive more attacks. Choice Specs boosts the amount of damage that will be dealt.

Usage Tips
========

While Chlorophyll Exeggutor is typically run with a sun user, it does not have to be under the sun to be effective. However, keep in mind that once Exeggutor is locked into a move, it is easy to play around, so choose the move that would best fit the upcoming scenario. When setup sweepers are present, it is better to use Psychic instead of Leaf Storm unless the opposing Pokemon resists it, as once Exeggutor is at -2 Special Attack, it is no longer threatening, and this can provide momentum to the opponent. However, when dealing with certain walls such as Probopass and Audino, Leaf Storm is the better move to use as it can 2HKO them after entry hazard damage.

Team Options
========

Even though Exeggutor is not entirely reliant on sun, having a sun setter such as Volbeat, Liepard, or Uxie is greatly appreciated. Liepard and Volbeat are both Prankster users that can easily set up sun for Exeggutor, while and Uxie can set up sun as well as Stealth Rocks, which is great to have. As with all Pokemon that attempt to sweep, having entry hazard support is always beneficial, as it allows for Exeggutor to be able to 2HKO Pokemon it would otherwise be unable to. Without hazards up, Exeggutor has no chance of 2HKOing Probopass, whereas with Stealth Rock and two layers of Spikes, Leaf Storm is always a 2HKO. Seismatoad is a great Pokemon to set up Stealth Rocks, as it is quite bulky, and its one weakness is a type that Exeggutor can switch into. For Spikes, Accelgor is a great choice, as with Focus Sash it is capable of getting up two layers of Spikes almost every time.

Chlorophyll Sweeper
########
name: Chlorophyll Sweeper
move 1: Solarbeam
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
=====

Exeggutor under the sun should not be messed around with, as it has access to Solar Beam, a powerful 120 Base Power STAB move with no repercussions, aside from the fact that it is only truly usable during the sun. It also has another powerful STAB move in Psychic, which can hit a lot of the things that Grass-type moves cannot. For Steel-types, Hidden Power Fire is able to take advantage of the sun boost as well. Since Because this particular set is not locked into a move with Choice item, Exeggutor has the option of running Sunny Day itself, but this can be replaced with Sleep Powder to cripple one of the opposing Pokemon.

Set Details
=========

Very few things are able to outspeed Exeggutor when in the sun with 252 Speed EVs, letting it hit many Pokemon for heavy damage before they get a chance to strike back. Exeggutor is also given 252 Special Attack EVs to maximize the damage output. Life Orb lets Exeggutor deal massive damage without being locked into a move, allowing for more versatility.

Usage Tips
========

Exeggutor's main role on this set is to deal as much damage as it can, with or without the sun. Even though Exeggutor isn't entirely decimated by priority, there are a few users of it that can ruin the chances of Exeggutor sweeping, namely Kangaskhan and Spiritomb. Attempt to take out these two Pokemon before attempting a sweep with Exeggutor. If you run Sleep Powder over Sunny Day on Exeggutor, be sure that you have a Pokemon dedicated solely to setting up sun, such as the Uxie or Liepard, as Exeggutor under the sun is a force to be reckoned with.

Team Options
========

If Exeggutor is unable to set up sun on its own, or you decide to run Sleep Powder over Sunny Day, it would be best to carry a Pokemon that can set up sun for it. Liepard and Volbeat both have access to Prankster Sunny Day, while Uxie can set up both sun and Stealth Rocks, which are is always beneficial to Exeggutor. It is recommended to have hard-hitting Pokemon such as Typhlosion and Victreebel that benefit from the sun, as both of these Pokemon are great when coupled with Exeggutor.

SubSeed
#######
name: SubSeed
evs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe

Moves
========

This particular set is designed to stall out threats. Leech Seed whittles away at the opposing Pokemon's health, (RC) while letting Exeggutor recover any damage it takes over the course of the battle. Substitute lets Exeggutor reduce the amount of damage it takes, while allowing it to stall out the opponent. Psychic gives Exeggutor a powerful STAB move for situations when it is unable to stall out the opponent with Leech Seed. The fourth slot is a choice between Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, and Hidden Power Fire. Giga Drain allows for more recovery on Exeggutor's part, while Sleep Powder lets it incapacitate an opposing Pokemon and stall it out while it's asleep. Hidden Power Fire is for coverage against Steel-types.

Set Details
========

With the given Speed EVs, Exeggutor is able to outspeed uninvested Lanturn. With maximum investment in HP, Exeggutor can take more hits. The HP stat also stays an even number, which allows the Sitrus Berry to kick in after two Substitutes. The remaining EVs are dumped into Defense to allow Exeggutor to better combat Feraligatr and other physical attackers. Sitrus Berry takes advantage of Harvest, acting as a great source of recovery that is nearly infinite. space A Bold nature allows Exeggutor to take even more physical hits and theoretically increase its longevity.

Usage Tips
========
The primary goal of this set is to whittle away at the opposing Pokemon's health, (RC) while coming out with a respectable amount of HP. The first thing that should be done is set up a Substitute, as it allows Exeggutor to take any hit and set up a Leech Seed. If running Sleep Powder, the first priority may might be to use that beforehand, as it will render a Pokemon useless while Exeggutor can set up a Substitute while they switch out. If you feel Exeggutor needs to be more specially defensive, switch the Defense EVs and put them in Special Defense, (RC) and switch the nature to Calm.

Team Options
========

Bulky Fairy-type Pokemon are extremely helpful to Exeggutor, as they are able to eat up most moves that are super effective against Exeggutor. Having a status absorber is also helpful to this set, as Exeggutor has no method of removing status. Alternatively, a cleric such as Togetic can be used, as it can easily switch in on most moves that would decimate Exeggutor and proceed to Heal Bell away any statuses. A Pokemon that can inflict statuses itself would also be great to have, as it can either assist in gradually whittling away at the opposing Pokemon's HP so that Exeggutor can better stall out opposing Pokemon or prevent a Pokemon from outspeeding Exeggutor. Spiritomb and Miltank both fit this role well, seeing as Spiritomb can neuter any physical attacker with a well-placed Will-O-Wisp, while Miltank can paralyze or poison any other Pokemon. Having a bulky wall that works well with Exeggutor is ideal, as this keeps Exeggutor relatively healthy without having to sacrifice one of your Pokemon. Probopass works great in this role, as it can easily take Bug-type attacks, (RC) and doesn't suffer too much from most Dark-type attacks. Exeggutor is able to switch in on the Water-, Ground-, and Fighting-type moves that bother Probopass. Grounded Posion-types such as Muk and Garbodor are nice to have for Exeggutor, as they can absorb Toxic Spikes and hit the opposing team hard.

Other Options
########

Exeggutor has the potential to run a variety of various sets, such as a dual screens setter and a Wish passer. However, if you are looking for a strong variant of Exeggutor, you can easily give it a Choice Band, Wood Hammer, and Low Kick. You can swap Choice Specs for Choice Scarf to boost Exeggutor's Speed. However, you can also bluff a Choice item, (RC) but by instead giving Exeggutor a Meadow Plate to catch opponents off-guard. Exeggutor also works well with a Life Orb on a Trick Room team, as it is slow.

Checks & Counters
########

**Priority Attackers**: Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak easily counter the Chlorophyll set, as Exeggutor is not very bulky. Spiritomb is quite a great counter for Exeggutor, as long as Spiritomb is not running a mono-attacking set.
space
**Fast/Prankster Taunt**: Any fast Taunt user prevents SubSeed Exeggutor from setting up a Substitute or a Leech Seed. As such, Liepard is a great counter for the SubSeed set, as it can easily Taunt turn one, preventing any setup moves, and is immune to Exeggutor's STAB Psychic-type moves. However, against the offensive sets, Taunt is irrelevant.
repeat
**Xatu**: A great counter for either of the sets is Xatu, as Magic Bounce prevents the setup set from getting anywhere, and Xatu resists Chlorophyll Exeggutor's STAB moves and can easily dispose of any variant of Exeggutor with Heat Wave.
**Status Users**: If Exeggutor is not behind a Substitute, poison and paralysis are very crippling for it, as Exeggutor on its own has no form of removing such statuses. Toxic Spikes can often prove fatal for Exeggutor unless it is holding a Lum Berry.
**Steel-types**: If offensive Exeggutor does not carry Hidden Power Fire, Steel-types have a relatively easy time disposing of it as they resist both its STAB moves while retaliating.
**Cryogonal**: While it would not want to switch directly into a hard-hitting move from Exeggutor, once Cryogonal is in safely it can use its powerful STAB Ice-type moves to either OHKO Exeggutor or force it out.

2/2

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I've just noticed this, but why isn't Psyshock slashed or even mentioned in the Choice Specs / Chloro Sweeper set?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)