Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pyroar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cacturne

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Leafeon

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
This is my first serious and minimally good team in the NU tier. After seeing other people's teams, I decided to build one.

I started with the deffensive side, and I choosed my physical walls:

Weezing came to the team because it has only 1 weakness and can wall almost everything physical. Eviolite Piloswine has an enourmous bulk and can take hits while setting up stealth rocks.

After that, I needed my special walls. Lickilicky works as a cleric and Mantine as a defogger.

After having the deffensive core built, I needed sweepers. LO Pyroar and AV Cacturne are here to destroy weakened teams.

In depth:

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It's function is simple. Weezing spreads burns while hits decently with sludge bomb (prefered over sludge wave because it's higher probability of poisoning the foe). ResTalk is it's only reliable way of recovery, but with it, Weezing is not afraid of annoying status. It can efficiently wall Miltank, Accelgor, Lilligant, Arbok, Avalugg, Basculin, etc.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat / Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Roar

This is the stealth rocker of the team. With eviolite reaches the bulk of 403/426/237, beeing able to take hits from almost any physical attacker, while it can set up it's stealth rocks and phaze set up sweepers. It needs a way of recovery, so Lickilicky is a very good team mate providing wishes for all.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious / Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam
- Knock Off

Lickilicky is the cleric of the team. It cures all status and recovers HP from all it's team mates, while spreads paralysis and knocks off items. It runs oblivious to be inmune to taunt, but i'm seriously thinking about using own tempo because of my horrible confusion hax.

Batamanta (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mantine is here with the only purpose of defogging annoying hazards. Also it can receive special hits very reliable (with the same bulk of Skarmory but inverted) and spread burns with it's unique offensive move, scald.

Mufasa (Pyroar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast

Pyroar is the special sweeper. With LO can hit really hard with it's fire miss (still preferring it ahead flamethrower) and hyper voice. It runs hidden power grass to deal with threads like Golem, Rhydon or Seismitoad, wich otherwise will be able to wall Pyroar entirely. Also, will-o-wisp is here to deal better with sucker punch users.

Cacturne @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Cacturne closes the team as my physical sweeper. It hits really hard and with priority with sucker punch, can recover some HP with drain punch, and have seed bomb as a secondary STAB and poison jab to deal with fairy-types. Assault vest gives it a bit of special bulk to del better with special threads, but it's usually not enough.

Possible substitute of Cacturne:

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sword Dance
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

Is such a great pokémon in NU, and it can be the set-up sweeper I need. With a decent speed tie and a great physical bulk, Leafeon can boost in front of many pokémon of the tier and then spam leaf blades and knock offs, recovering HP itself with synthesis, but i'm not sure if replace Cacturne with this neko.

Threads:

An special set with flamethrower/fire blast, t-bolt, focus blast and psychic can OHKO or 2HKO my whole team, and I will be forced to sacrifice two pokémon to destroy it.

Regice with a restalker set can be really difficult to deal with, because it can kill easily Cacturne/Leafeon with ice beam and a burn is not important for it. But, Pyroar can 2HKO it with fire blast, Piloswine can wall it if no focus blast and Mantine if no t-bolt.

If this cupcake can use a belly drum and doubles it's speed, it's very difficult to deal with it. Only Weezing can take a hit of it's return and then OHKO with sludge bomb. Piloswine can take a hit and phaze it, but receiving so much damage in the process. If my physical walls are dead, is an enourmous gg.

And that's all, my friends. I hope you enjoyed this RTM and, please, tell me whatever you think that can be an improvement for it. Thanks :)

Hi there! This team is interesting, but has major flaws. To start with, your team really doesn't have a purpose. Looking at your first few pokemon, it looks to be stall, but then you have weirdly placed sets such as a AV Cacturne and LO Pyroar. I get you are trying to play balance, but tbh Balanced teams really only need a defensive backbone more than anything. Further than that your team is incredibly weak to physical setup sweepers such as Slurpuff and SD Gatr, who can tear through you if they have a boost under their belt. Stall also causes you some difficulty as result of your being unable to significantly damage it through residual or direct damage. Again, the biggest problem with this team is the actual fit of pokemon, where I feel your team doesn't really have a "goal" in mind.

The first thing I would do is to replace Weezing with Spikes Garbodor. Garbodor relieves a lot of your team's issues, and somewhat patches up your team's issue in that you lack any offensive presence outside of Pyroar and Cacturne. Its ability to set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes consistently makes your team fair a lot better against stall while limiting the opportunities for threats you cited to set up, and a combination of Rocky Helmet and Aftermath makes quick work of an already set up Slurpuff or other physical setup sweepers only with a little bit of wear and tear.

The next thing I would do is to replace Mantine with Life Orb Xatu. Your team really doesn't need Mantine's utility especially if you are going to be using Garbodor, and again lack of offensive presence makes you easily set up on. Xatu brings a lot to the table, with good offensive synergy alongside Pyroar and Cacturne, as well as giving you a way to break stall, one of the largest issues that your team has. Its's access to Magic Bounce is far more reliable than a rest-talk set with defog, and its amazing offensive presence easily lets it break through most pokemon with its great coverage. By limiting setup opportunities for opponents, blocking hazards and status, as well as maintaining a lot of Mantine's synergy with your team, there is little reason not to use it over Mantine.

Minor Changes:
Piloswine: Piloswine ideally should be running 252 HP / 192 Atk / 16 Def / 48 Spe Adamant as its EV spread, as Piloswine is more a tank than anything. 48 Speed lets you outspeed base 55 pokemon, 192 Attack ensures a 2HKO on a 252 / 252+ Qwilfish after intimidate and gives you nice offensive presence and makes you incredibly difficult to switch into, and 252 / 16 defenses give you some bulk to play around with roar!
Lickilicky: Protect > Knock Off or Body Slam is incredibly important, as Protect often lets you stall out pokemon which can 2HKO you, scout an opponent's choiced attack, and most importantly safely recover. You honestly shouldn't ever use Wish without protect, and it 100% needed for your Lickilicky to even be somewhat useful.
Pyroar: You cited Slurpuff as a major threat, so you could try a Choice Scarf as an item, which would let you revenge kill even a Unburdened Slurpuff due to Pyroar's also speed tier. With the addition of Spikes to the team, the loss in power shouldn't be too noticable, and again this helps with your Setup sweeper issues.
Cacturne: I honestly think Assault Vest is a terrible item on Cacturne, due to its shitty defenses and even worse typing. Its a horrific set, and you really shouldn't be using it. Instead try Substitute / Swords Dance / Sucker Punch / Seed Bomb, as it becomes a much more reliable setup sweeper for your team capable of setting up on a multitude of opponents. Sucker / Seed is the only coverage you really need, Substitute lets you avoid crippling status and gives you great setup opportunities. The ev spread is just max attack max speed.

Hope this helped!

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes / Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot / Giga Drain
- Heat Wave
- Roost

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Alfonso Dragonlord

I agree with Brawlfest's suggestions regarding Garbodor > Weezing, Piloswine's EV change, Choice Scarf Pyroar, and SubSD Cacturne.

I am going to suggest trying out Pelipper over Mantine as your team is currently quite weak to Fighting-types, and Pelipper is a better check than Mantine.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost

Pelipper is also a better Defog user in my opinion as most of the Stealth Rock setters are Physical Attackers, which Pelipper can beat without much trouble thanks to its physical bulk and Scald. It also has a more reliable recovery in Roost.

I am also going to suggest Audino over Lickilicky:

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Double-Edge / Knock Off
- Heal Bell / Encore
- Wish
- Protect

While Lickilicky can't be Taunt'd, it is easier to force it out as it NEEDS to Wish + Protect to heal itself. Audino, on the other hand, can easily heal itself by switching in and out thanks to Regenerator, which will make it easier for you to pass a Wish to the rest of your team.

Finally, and these two suggestions are up to you, I am going to suggest trying out Toxic over Roar on Piloswine to cripple Cryogonal (which your Piloswine can't touch) and other things. I am also going to suggest you to try out Choice Scarf Rotom over Choice Scarf Pyroar a bit as this will give you a Rapid Spin Blocker, a way to gain momentum with Volt Switch, and also lures in Ground-types for Cacturne. Rotom can also cripple walls thanks to Trick, which can give more set up opportunity for Cacturne.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Hope I helped!

Brawlfest, to be honest, Garbodor doesn't convince me over Weezing, because it's huge lack of recovering (at least in your set), and I think that spikes aren't so important. About replacing Mantine, Soulgazer's Pelipper can be a better option to be prepared against physical fighting moves and physical stealth rockers, and Xatu doesn't convince me because I always need a defogger or spinner in my team, I need the option to remove the hazards and not just bounce them in a risky prediction, because and is very predictable the switch into Xatu to bounce the hazards. About Lickilicky vs Audino, I used Audino before in other teams, but in this one I choose Lickilicky because it's better bulk and it's inmunity to taunt, two things that really cripple Audino.

I thank you both your contributions, but sincerely, the only changes that really convince me are Pelipper > Mantine, the EV change in Piloswine, a SubSD set in Cacturne, and running a Scarf Pyroar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)