XY OU XY OU RMT

Still familiarizing myself with 6th gen. Haven't played actively since 3rd gen.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

My usual lead. Protect to scope movesets and counter choice-equipped pokemon. Stealth rock for those bird sweepers.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball

Spike up the field and then explode. Also my rapid spinner. 3rd sentence.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Disable

I like this gengar. It's a good gengar. 3rd sentence.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

flamethrower for the pokemon that have a 4X weakness to it. so they won't obnoxiously switch in pokemon like scizor against chansey. thunder wave instead of toxic b.c I don't have a lot of fast pokemon on my team and heatran already has toxic. wish support for rest of team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

shuffle the field after heatran and forretress set up stealth rock and spikes. this zapdos is surprisingly resilient. 3rd sentence.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Sweep after hazards are set up and extreme speed for fast sweepers that are running out of HP. 2nd sentence. 3rd sentence.

Okay so first of all I suggest you add a little more depth to each Pokemon's description(a paragraph for each). Try to explain why to chose the Pokemon to fill this role, as well as explanations for moves, items, etc. Also, what's the deal with the "3rd Sentence" thing? Anyways, onto the actual team.

Heatran
Heatran looks for the most part solid, however I suggest you change Lava Plume to Flamethrower since Lava Plume doesn't have anything over Flamethrower, while Flamethrower does more damage. Protect is fine and perfectly logical, I personally would swap Toxic with (Toxic)Spikes, as since Heatran is your usual lead your going to want to get hazards up ASAP. Other than that it's fine.

Forretress
IMO it isn't a good idea to have hazards spread to more than one Pokemon unless you think the lead is going to die before all of them are up, from the looks of this team Heatran shouldn't have a problem getting hazards up. So I'd change Spikes to Leech Seed to wall things to eternity. That's really it for Forretress.

Gengar
Umm... Pro tip: make sure to give the viewer of what you're Pokemon is trying to do. Based on your moveset your trying to act as Sub-Sable Gengar. From what I know Mega-Banette does much better at this job with better bulk and Prankster, which gives +1 priority to non-attacking moves. No changes to the moveset though, it's solid.

Chansey
Chansey has so low attacking stats that Flamethrower is downright frivolous(no offense), since Scizor is pretty much the only viable Pokemon in OU with a quad weakness to fire that's the only thing it counters, in response to switch in I say this:
252+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 424-500 (66 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 116-140 (33.8 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
What that means is that if Scizor switches in and you predict it, it will still barely kill you, rending Flamethrower irrelevant, as such I would switch Flamethrower with Toxic to break down bulky Pokemon(Not starting with Fer/For). Since your main goal here (I think) is to pass wishes I would swap Thunder Wave with Softboiled to give you some instant recovery when the going gets tough. Other than that it's fine.

Zapdos
The only thing I'm going to put here is that since your trying to wear down the team with hazards you could swap Thunderbolt with Whirlwind so your Sleep Talking is not sabatoged by RNG

Dragonite
One thing you could do is swap Lum Berry for Life Orb to make your 2KOs, OHKOs, but if you do you want to swap Outrage for Dragon Claw to prevent problems with Confusion.

TL;DR
Overall the teams fine, it could use a few changes, but it's well picked and each Pokemon contributes.
Thank you for reading! And have fun laddering!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)