XY Doubles Rate my Doubles Trick Room Team!

Slowbro @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

When I think of a Trick room team, I think of Slowbro. I mean slow is in his name. His ability is really helpful for dealing with Life Orb damage. On top of this, he's really tanky, and outputs tons of damage. There are I few problems I've seen. The first is that he has no real psychic stab, and I'm wondering If I should replace a move with psyshock or psychic. There's also the obvious problem that surf hits allies, which makes playing him with anyone other than Mawile or Gallade out of the question; I've been thinking of replacing it with scald. Finally, he seems to die a lot due to hits from special attacks, and I thought it might just be a good idea to replace him with his regal counterpart.

Cruncher (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head

The mega of the team (although may be replaced once mega Slowpoke is released). Mawile's access to priority moves make him a great part of the team. Protect has been extremely helpful on so many occasions. His bulk and typing are great from surviving hits from teammates, as well as enemies. He is very useful for dealing with Mega Venusaur WHO I HATE.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

Marowak used to be Conkeldurr, but I replaced him when he wasn't really adding much offensively. Marowak has better coverage and tons of power, and is one of my favorite pokemon. I'm not running him with fire punch 'cause I'm trying to recreate this team in-game. Stone Edge is mostly for dealing with Talonflame, who can be very annoying. His biggest problem is that he's weak to surf, which is Slowbro's only water-type STAB as of right now, and this also becomes a problem when Azumarill's on the field.

Gallade (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak

I am really loving Gallade. He's fast, a great physical presence as well as TR setter, and can tank special attacks like nobody's business. He's great at dealing with Amoonguss, Gengar, and anyone else who looks at him funny. He can tank Slowbro's Surf and Exploud's Boomburst and just keep on chugging. Shadow Sneak hasn't been particularly useful, so I'm wondering if he has any good moves to replace it.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Chandelure can be a bit of a burden sometimes, but normally helps out in the end. I tried running him with air balloon for a while, but he just kept dying, so I gave him Focus Sash. Heat Wave is great for fire-type coverage, and Shadow Ball normally kills everything Heat Wave doesn't. His biggest problem is that he only has those two moves, although it is nice to have another TR setter, and Protect has been extremely useful a multitude of times. He is weak to surf, though, making it hard to use if he doesn't have protect up, and it doesn't help that Exploud has Scrappy and a choice-scarfed boomburst.

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA / 168 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

I am surprised as to just how amazing this guy is. There have been so many instances where he beats two of the opponents pokemon to win the game by himself. He used to have surf, but I replaced it for more ice-type coverage. There really isn't anything else I can say about this guy; boomburst just destroys everything. He has great coverage, and scrappy works great with normal and fighting-type moves; I've been thinking of replacing it with soundproof to help chandelure, but it's so much more useful offensively.

Good looking team! I have a quick suggestion regarding slowbro and gallade. Cresselia outclasses slowbro in bulk, usefulness to the team, and in longevity. All of your TR setters are also weak to taunt so im suggestion you use this cresselia set in place of slowbro.

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Safeguard
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock
The mental herb will take away your taunt weakness, safeguard for sleep spamming amoongusses and the other moves are quite self explanitory.

Now my second suggestion would be to replace marrowak or gallade with eruptran. Gallade is the one i see going most likely due to the fact that you really dont need another setter and it adds a ghost type weakness to your team, which is usually a big weakness for TR teams. I find this set to be quite useful.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Eruption

Anyways i hope these suggestions help!

I hope this won't sound to stupid, but I honestly like Slowbro better with Oblivous. Taunt is such an annoying move...

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An option over Marowak would be Rhyperior

Rhyperior (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Drill Run
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Standard dual stabs, drill run is for hitting through wide guard, protect to buy a turn to maybe reset Trick Room. It hits very hard and in addition to STAB rock slide, the flinch chance is annoying when on top of the damage output.

Even if you don't add this, I recommend scald > surf on slowbro as Chandelure and Marowak/Rhyperior don't like surf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)