XY OU Multi-Core Team !

After a long while, I decided to step away from gimmickys and play seriously a little bit.

So, I made this biased Dragonite team that had some success but it made me find my most precious and favourite core!

After a few matches with said team, I realised I was winning a lot of them with my classic Water-Grass-Fire formation, while Dragonite (my supposed-to-be win condition) was resting aside, which was weird.
Then, it had to be done.

The multi-cores actually came out naturally when trying to fit the team with the best partners possible.

Enough side story, here comes the team itself:

479-wash.gif
598.gif
663.gif

WATER-GRASS-FIRE
And this core is PURE bulk!

Talonflame is not the most used one, it goes the Stallbreaker way:

NeverUsed (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Selling point of this set is being unusual.
You bring Flame in, they switch into something to take a Brave Bird and/or scare it away.
But they eat a Taunt, if I'm being careful, or a WoW, if I predict.
This guy can take Thundurus' Thunderbolt (not roosting) and live to tell the tale!
Stall is shut silent by his speedy Taunt, WoW crippels a lot of switches (especially Tyranitar, Azumarill, Rocky Helmet Skarmory) and is my main damage dealer (yeah, I don't BB as much as I WoW).
Just something to add: BURN, MAWILE :v

Rotom-Wash is a common set with an unusal spread:

Centrifugal (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 222 HP / 32 SpA / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Second guy here runs the troll set but with a MUCH greater speed.
112 Speed allows it to trick its Scarf all the way up to Thundurus. Cope that with my teams defensive sets, having threats locked is something I appreciate a lot. And it can even take those pesky Toxic Orbs and Eviolites some stupid walls like to carry.
32 SpA allows it to OHKO non AV Excadrills (most Sand Rushs, after Sand is taken care of).
Rest of the EV's to bulk it up.

Ferrothorn completes the main core, with a very unnoriginal set:

Steel in my heart (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

I'm not sure if there's much to say about this set that you guys don't know.
First, this guy is my main Azumarill switch-in for the cute Iron Barbs' free damage. And it can fuckin set its Belly Drum, Steel is gonna wall it forever between a Leech and a Protect.
Also, scouting them Choiced mons and checking Spore is cool.
Stealth Rock is VERY helpful: not entirely needed but helps hugely. This team tends to cause a lots of switches, where I choose a move according to my predict skills (particulary, they're not so bad, thanks <3).
Also, fairy check number one.

Then, I wanted Latios because of the insta-Dragon-kill button that Draco Meteor is.
Just to be sure, I decided to run Scarf Latios and....

Aforementioned Rotom-Wash +
381.gif

DOUBLE SCARF TRICK CORE
And this core is PURE evil!

Latios goes the basic Scarf set:

Shinigami (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock

This is it: Trick is a Chansey killer.
The ever-so-common Draco Meteor existence is enough to make most opponents believe I'm always gonna press it and BANG, gimme that Eviolite!
Draco Meteor is the ridiculously nuke you all know, I won't repeat all the worlds it rips apart.
Psyshock is the basic "other STAB" and it hits physically, a plus.
Last (third) slot is home to some doubt. I can choose if I wanna hate Steels (specially Magnezone and Scizors) or if I wanna hate Genies and Gliscor.
Most of the time, I choose to hate Steels (and have lots o' trouble with Zone, you will see)

So, that's it. With Latios' Draco Meteor, I decided to run another kill-button, to make things easier for the JetDragon. And it came with another core!

Aforementioned Rotom-Wash (such a busy guy!) +

212-mega.gif

VOLTURN
And this core is PURE momentum!

Mega Scizor caused me some trouble constructing... I wasn't sure If I ever wanted it to be Mega, since it has U-Turn and Choice Band would be nice. In the end, the little bulkier Megamon got me.

Kurenai (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Red Ninja Kurenai is ready to Knock Off!
It's my main Draco Meteor eater, which is actually a shame, since no Roost.
Superpower is my one and only way to try surviving Magnezone on the switch. Coupled with -1 Bullet Punch, I actually have a high chance to survive its Hidden Power Wrath.
Bullet Punch is the main reliable STAB of choice.
U-turn is the momentum keeper, which is always so great, specially when they have a wall or something I can cripple with Talon or OHKO with a Scarfed mon.

Last but not least, I realized this team suffered quite hard with Electrics. Poor Ferrothorn was being overwhelmed hard with all the electrics switches. A Ground mon was mandatory.
While I was at it, I decided to bring something.... deadly.
So, another reliable Dragon was summoned to the battlefield, forming another core:

Aforementioned Latios +
445.gif

DUAL SCARF DRAGONS
And this core is PURE power!

Gotta love the brute force, hitting them physicals and them specials <3
Garchomp is the so needed Electric immunity + key type attacks (STAB ground and Rock, way too needed)

Sharpedo-Mega (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab/Fire Fang
- Outrage

Gotta love how people throw random Ice attacks to get me out of play lol
Gotta love how I won't really switch as much as people would like to :v
Well, it's a pretty straight forward set, with the lovely EdgeQuake coverage, Outrage finishes games and...
Poison Jab vs Fire Fang
Poison Jab is just to smash poor Fairies. It can hurt Breelom or so, but it's targeting Fairies.
Fire Fang would bring misery to Scizor and Ferrothorn trying to take all the other 3 attacks.
Most of the time, I get fairies (Azumarill) switching into it, so Poison Jab has been better...

Well, that settles it. 6 mons, 4 different cores. Lots of crippling, lots of resists.
Problems with Magnezone if I can't outplay it, little problems with Stealth Rock since I actually depend a lot on Talonflame, although I couldn't fit Defog anywhere, even with two Defog users...

*EDIT: Forgot to mention, Gengar can be a little bit troublesome if not handled quickly. Allowing it to get Subs up is bad.

I have topped 1634, but I got lazy and I have tests tomorrow, so I will stop for now.
Probably gonna ladder higher, since I'm so in synch with this teams cores <3

Hope you guys like it and, if you see something, suggest changes!
Adieu!

I haven't rated a team in a while so I'll just start by rating this.

I like the structure of the team and the multi core idea you had. However, I made a few changes when testing this out and I kinda think you should try them out too.

First one I made was I replaced Talonflame with Heatran. Specially defensive Heatran is common as you know but I made this because I feel Heatran is a better rocks carrier than Ferro. Also, it can use Taunt and WoW too, which aren't your everyday common options on Tran.

Second change I made was I changed scarf on Rotom to Specs. Still does the same job, not as fast but hits harder.

I just changed SR to Spikes on Ferro just cuz you can hazard stack and so you won't be useless in front of something like Chansey.

I'd take the scarf off Lati and give it a LO. Also, I'd replace Ice Beam/HP Fire to Defog. Hazards will wear you out and keeping them off the field is sometimes game changing. Plus, LO Draco Meteor hits shit like Phys Def Gliscor hard as it is.

Last change I made was I replaced Poison Jab on Chomp for Dragon Claw. I mean sometimes you can spam Outrage late game but earlier on, you might need to revenge kill something really quick, and you won't be locked into Outrage then.

This is all just imo, rest is up to you. gl laddering

I have a few suggestions. First off, I agree with locKzzy's suggestion of heatran>talonflame. There are many sets you can use, and thats up to you to choose which one you like best. I personally run

Heatran
@ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

This set is quite offensive, but the hp and will-o-wisp allow it to have some defensive capabilities as well. It is also a more flexible stealth rock user than ferrothorn, since ferrothorn has limited offensive capabilities. The speed is to outspeed a lot of common threats, such as jolly azumaril/t-tar, adamant bisharp, defensive landorous-T and many more. I would also recommend you use a life orb or choice banded scizor instead of mega scizor. Offensive mega scizor is a waste, as the life orb or banded variants will do more damage than the mega. Scizor is very versatile, and you can run the banded set, or life orb with roost + 3 attacks, defog etc. If you insist on using mega scizor, I recommend a bulky variant. I am not familiar with them, so I woul recommend searching for some on smogon. you definitely need a defogger or spinner, so I recommend using scizor, or a life orb latios. i would also recommend a different moveset for talonflame, and a choice band. I suggest brave bird/flare blitz/u-turn/tailwind, but that's just me. Overall it's a pretty solid team, and you have checks to most threats.

I haven't rated a team in a while so I'll just start by rating this.

I like the structure of the team and the multi core idea you had. However, I made a few changes when testing this out and I kinda think you should try them out too.

First one I made was I replaced Talonflame with Heatran. Specially defensive Heatran is common as you know but I made this because I feel Heatran is a better rocks carrier than Ferro. Also, it can use Taunt and WoW too, which aren't your everyday common options on Tran.

Second change I made was I changed scarf on Rotom to Specs. Still does the same job, not as fast but hits harder.

I just changed SR to Spikes on Ferro just cuz you can hazard stack and so you won't be useless in front of something like Chansey.

I'd take the scarf off Lati and give it a LO. Also, I'd replace Ice Beam/HP Fire to Defog. Hazards will wear you out and keeping them off the field is sometimes game changing. Plus, LO Draco Meteor hits shit like Phys Def Gliscor hard as it is.

Last change I made was I replaced Poison Jab on Chomp for Dragon Claw. I mean sometimes you can spam Outrage late game but earlier on, you might need to revenge kill something really quick, and you won't be locked into Outrage then.

This is all just imo, rest is up to you. gl laddering
Heatran is nice as a defensive pivot but I lose the power of Brave Bird, being able to OHKO/scare Mega Cham and Hera, 2HKO/scare Mega Venu and Keldeo Pinsir, not to mention the almost certain revenge kill on all those. Scaring them gives me momentum on WoW or a double switch (if I predict), scoring a kill gives me battle advantage. And the ability to stall those Seismic Tosses with Roost. I understand your changes, Heatran walls a lot better, but I'm a little... not convinced with this...
Not to mention I can play with people minds, they are most of time expecting Talon to nuke them with priority.

You may be right about spikes > Stealth Rock, I have to try that out, although I lose some crucial points on those pesky Zapdos.

About Lati, I agree with the ridiculous power on LO sets. I like being faster than other dragons, tho. I will try it out and see how it goes.

About Poison Jab: yeah, gonna surely change that ^_^
Thanks for your suggestions!

I have a few suggestions. First off, I agree with locKzzy's suggestion of heatran>talonflame. There are many sets you can use, and thats up to you to choose which one you like best. I personally run

Heatran
@ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

This set is quite offensive, but the hp and will-o-wisp allow it to have some defensive capabilities as well. It is also a more flexible stealth rock user than ferrothorn, since ferrothorn has limited offensive capabilities. The speed is to outspeed a lot of common threats, such as jolly azumaril/t-tar, adamant bisharp, defensive landorous-T and many more. I would also recommend you use a life orb or choice banded scizor instead of mega scizor. Offensive mega scizor is a waste, as the life orb or banded variants will do more damage than the mega. Scizor is very versatile, and you can run the banded set, or life orb with roost + 3 attacks, defog etc. If you insist on using mega scizor, I recommend a bulky variant. I am not familiar with them, so I woul recommend searching for some on smogon. you definitely need a defogger or spinner, so I recommend using scizor, or a life orb latios. i would also recommend a different moveset for talonflame, and a choice band. I suggest brave bird/flare blitz/u-turn/tailwind, but that's just me. Overall it's a pretty solid team, and you have checks to most threats.
The changes you made on fire mons simply rid me of a stallbreaker c_c
And, please, read all the notes I made above about Stallbreaker Talon vs most Heatran sets.

About Scizor, you're right about the damage output, indeed. I'm just not sure if I would be able to pivot as many hits as I do with Mega.
However, since its role is mostly ofensive, I'll try that out! Thanks for your time :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)