[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Another update:

As of today, hackers can use PSaves to make any IV 0, 1, 30 or 31.

So now you don't even need to import a CyberGadget form Japan to cheat... :(

I guess we're getting back to 'only trade with people you trust' gen 4/5 land.

I'm not too sure whether thi isthe place to ask this, but I got a Shiny Jirachi originally from HGSS by trading with a random player over the PSS. It has a Classic Ribbon, but what I want to know os whether it is legit. It doesn't have any IVs or a good nature, so I don't think it's hacked, but I'd rather be safe than sorry if I choose to trade it on Pokemon Showdown or somewhere.

I'm not too sure whether thi isthe place to ask this, but I got a Shiny Jirachi originally from HGSS by trading with a random player over the PSS. It has a Classic Ribbon, but what I want to know os whether it is legit. It doesn't have any IVs or a good nature, so I don't think it's hacked, but I'd rather be safe than sorry if I choose to trade it on Pokemon Showdown or somewhere.
Shiny Jirachi is only available through the recent Japanese Event. So its hacked.

Isn't it available via the bonus disc from Colosseum? It passes pokebank now.
That's true. SoulSapphire said it came from HGSS, which presumably means it says it comes from the Johto region. I'm not sure if that's where the Colosseum Jirachi would say it's from.

Edit: It really would be much more convenient if SoulSapphire just fills in the form in the front lol

Last edited:
Could you please name the OT and ID? Also the Classic Ribbon may mean it comes from PokeCheck and is a downloaded copy.

You should use the form on the first page, it would make hack checking much easier...If the location is johto it's most definitely a hack as wishmaker jirachi (the only previous gen jirachi that can be shiny) will say it's from Kanto or Hoenn (It's actually a gen 3 poke, not gen 4...but if I'm not mistaken you would be able to tell if this was the case by OT WISHMKR)
If it's shiny with any of these OTs:
SMR2010
ETE2010
VER2010
EST2010
SO2010
It's definitely hacked as those events are shiny locked(as a matter of fact if it's non kalos and shiny with ANY OT other than wishmkr it's a hack...had to look into the CHANNEL one to make sure it couldn't also be shiny
)
Derp...nevermind this...it's a hack. wishmaker didn't have a ribbon lol didn't even check that
Could you please name the OT and ID? Also the Classic Ribbon may mean it comes from PokeCheck and is a downloaded copy.
You're thinking of the premier ribbon

Edit: Some grammar and after checking for other legitimate shiny jirachi events

Last edited:
So just to clarify, the Jirachi I have is definitely a hack? Sorry I didn't fill out the form, I thought that was only for if you knew a Pokemon was hacked.

So I have a heracross that was hatch in a daycare but was born into a safari ball is that a hacked pokemon..can baby pokemon from daycare only be in pokeballs

So I have a heracross that was hatch in a daycare but was born into a safari ball is that a hacked pokemon..can baby pokemon from daycare only be in pokeballs
Female parents can now pass on their Pokeball in Gen VI. That Heracross was hatched from a female Heracross that was in a Safari Ball.

What does that mean sir..sorry new again to pokemon. So if it has that Ability its hacked?
Hidden Abilities was a new feature in Gen 5, Safari Ball'd pokemon would have to come from Gen 4.

Pokemon with Hidden Abilities inside a safari, sport, or any of the apicorn balls = hacked.

Why are Pokemon who get moves through the Pomeg glitch considered legit while Pokemon who gain moves through the Mimic Glitch or Rage Glitch are considered hacked?
*not sure if serious*

Because they can actually learn the attacks without a glitch. Also, the hack checker isn't really that great; some clear hacks do get through. For example, someone once tried to trade me an English Victini w/ Bolt Strike w/ a non-event OT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)