XY UU Rate My Team!:3

Hi! Team does not have a specific strategy, but good or bad is based on making some combos with the guys. Let's start with the first Pokemon.

Krookodile (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spe
impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Krookodile, the leader of the team. I use it with physical defense and Leftovers Intimidate, Taunt to stop other leaders, stealth rock for obvious reasons, and two STAB moves to do. This set is really useful, it blocks many Pokemon.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Synthesis

Shaymin, one special sweeper. Use shaymin for Pokemon like Suicune or Swampert block, with Seed Flare I can do drop, it is very useful. Use synthesis to recover life at critical moments, psychic struggle for the types and poison as toxicorak and mienshao.

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Then there is Victini, one physical sweeper. Victini is very useful for its ability to increase the accuracy of Bolt Strike, but also for V-create that is almost always a kill. Using u-turn to "escape" from a Pokemon that can bother me, and thunder wave to lower the speed of the opponent and hope to have a bit of hax (xD), but also to hit the opponent when you do not know about who could switchare. The only weakness is ground type, but I instill shaymin that works perfectly with Victini.

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

The mega development of the team, Blastoise. Use blastoise to attack and to use Rapid Spin, freeing myself from annoying hazards, use moves aura / pulse to exploit the ability of Mega Blastoise, do not use Hydro Pump because it may fail at times when it could serve as Water Pulse a few times to me help with the confusion.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Then use a Heracross Choice Scarf. Ohh Heracross is very useful in certain critical situations can be overcome very easily. Use the scarf to be able to overcome many Pokemon and Moxie to have as much attack as well as to make more and more evil. I use two very strong STAB, and two coverage useful, too bad for Megahorn that almost always fails ..

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- Facade

And finally ** drum roll ** Jirachi! Jirachi Pokemon is a really useful, flincha almost always, and I give him the choice scarf to make it very fast so do outspeed other Pokemon. Use ice punch for coverage and facade and Healing Wish if some of my Pokemon has little life and I absolutely need.

Advise improvements for this team! :D

Two scarf? why?
Jirachi seems very useful, but I would recommend to give U-turn.
krookodile physical defender like, Heracross is a good sweeper with the scarf, why give 20 blastoise in speed? rather foul the max speed max HP, the rest is fine.
approved 4-5 / 6

Tried already with jirachi u-turn but not good. Put two scarf because I need speed jirachi to strike first with iron head and the speed of Heracross to hit first and do not make me send ko. Do 20 to blastoise speed to overcome many Pokemon, if you see, even the analysis of Smogon would recommend ..

Tried already with jirachi u-turn but not good. Put two scarf because I need speed jirachi to strike first with iron head and the speed of Heracross to hit first and do not make me send ko Do 20 to blastoise speed to overcome many Pokemon, if you see, even the analysis of Smogon would recommend ..
strike first with Iron head? for what exists paraflinch with body slam, which blastoise pokemon should overcome the defenders? those does nothing anyway. little weak in the sticky web eh? just that you and the placing all your sweeper with scarf are pretty screwed. please do not say that krookodile ago taunt about a possible sticky webber, because there is not speed out.

strike first with Iron head? for what exists paraflinch with body slam, which blastoise pokemon should overcome the defenders? those does nothing anyway. little weak in the sticky web eh? just that you and the placing all your sweeper with scarf are pretty screwed. please do not say that krookodile ago taunt about a possible sticky webber, because there is not speed out.
To overcome a Galvantula simply use eq when it's sticky web then use Victini holding his every move, and send ko Finally just send blastoise and use rapid spin :D

blastoise does not always manage to do Rapid Spin, with scarf 2 2 pokemon are well-locked on one move and in case of low efficacy was forced to switch too, in those cases, the opponent is free to boostarsi / do some 'damage .

blastoise does not always manage to do Rapid Spin, with scarf 2 2 pokemon are well-locked on one move and in case of low efficacy was forced to switch too, in those cases, the opponent is free to boostarsi / do some 'damage .
of course I know that when I put blastoise holds .. It would be stupid to use it when I know I could send it to me ko..

answer the question of being locked down with two Pokemon, Donphan could place his hazzard when he wants to, even if you take away once made out blastoise, you are free to put them back and then to take too much damage to your Pokemon, and gradually will KO .

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Well, this team can't do anything vs stall. Hippowdon can stall with Slack Off every your move and sometimes revenge kill with EQ (Victini for Example) Slowbro, Aggron, Aromatisse, Alomomola and Blissey the same. Two scarfers in a team aren't a problem if you can manage them. Now I leave you some suggestions since some sets aren't so good.
- Replace Synthesis with Air Slash on Shaymin.
- Replace Thunder-Wave with Trick on Victini and give him a Choice Band.
- Replace Aura Sphere with Ice Beam on Blastoise.
- Replace Facade with U-Turn on Jirachi and Healing Wish with Trick. Give it a Jolly Nature.

Hi! Team does not have a specific strategy, but good or bad is based on making some combos with the guys. Let's start with the first Pokemon.

Krookodile (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spe
impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Relatively standard, I'm assuming the speed evs are for speed creeping or something I'm not thinking of. Regardless, despite the fact that I don't like defensive Krook, it's not a bad set.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Synthesis

Get synthesis out of there for air slash asap, you're not going to have a big chance to use it and you don't run other special sweepers anyway.

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

This doesn't hit as hard as Band Victini or as fast as Scarf Victini - use one of those. Predict with U-Turn rather than using it to swap out of something, and get rid of Thunder Wave for Zen Headbutt IMO. What would possibly stay in on a Victini that you would also want to stay in on? Like, if someone brought in a M Blastoise or an M Aggron, you're not going to stay in to T-Wave. A better example would be Hydreigon, but then again you'd never want to stay in and lose Victini just to para the Hydreigon anyway (and most will outspeed)

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Standard moves, but idk what the deal with the speed EVs are. Am I missing something, or do you outspeed something notable with those? I don't think so.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Moxie is nice and all but, especially higher up the ladder, I prefer Guts. While CC and Megahorn have great coverage, they hit such varied things in the tier that it's hard (at least, when I've tried) to get a consistent Moxie Sweep with them, even late game. And it's very likely that Hera will get be aimed at for a burn at some point (case in point, you can't OHKO a M Blastoise, and a scald will render Hera useless if it burns). As well, you could save yourself some grief if you know a toxic is coming and switch in on it to help punch a hole in your opponents team.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
- Facade

Like was said before, get rid of Facade. Jirachi relies almost entirely on hax it seems, you'll want the chance to U-turn if they have an obvious counter to switch it. Good examples of this are if Suicune or M Aggron are still alive on the opponents team. You'll just have to get used to predicting that a bit more - it's much better to predict a counter coming in an u-turn out for momentum than it is to suffer a burn or something just to use a move that would otherwise be unviable.
Comments in bold above.

Life Orb Victini is perfectly viable, and arguably more dangerous than Banded Victini, due to the ability to switch up moves against say a Alomomola who will switch in on a V-Create and then either take a Thunder/Bolt Strike (Thunder Victini isn't even that bad with Victory Star making it 77% accurate), or play around it after it sees the LO recoil and taking a V-Create, which isn't easy to do. Hippowdon doesn't wall LO Victini as well if it's specially defensive, which is the better Hippo set. CB is also fine, so you can run either one. Though If you choose to go with LO run energy ball over thunder wave for things like swampert and rhyperior, thunder wave isn't a good move on victini. Also synthesis is viable on LO Shaymin, but I can see Air Slash working too. For Krookodile, I don't see what defensive krook really does outside of getting rocks up and knocking off some items. Seeing as how you're a bit weak to fighting types, I'd run Life orb Nidoqueen over Krookodile. Your team is more of a bulky offensive variant, so Nidoqueen is a nice fit, as it can set up rocks like Krookodile can, and patch up your fighting weakness a little bit, while also posing an offense with its amazing coverage/power with its ability Sheer Force. As for other changes, U-Turn is definitely a better move on Jirachi than facade like tricking and teal said. Also, even though Heracross is leaving in a few days, Choice Banded Guts Heracross would be better on your team, since you already have a scarfer in Jirachi. I would run 112 HP 252 Atk(Obviously), and 144 Speed with an adamant nature. The speed lets you outspeed adamant Honchkrow, since there's nothing else Heracross should bother outspeeding. And Jolly Honchkrow isn't as common/as good as adamant krow. Idk why you're running rock slide over stone edge on Heracross but I guess it's fine. On Blastoise I would run Dragon Pulse over Aura Sphere since that lets you hit things like hydreigon and mega ampharos harder, while also giving you good neutral coverage against things like toxicroak, which would otherwise switch in relatively safely. Aura Sphere isn't doing too much to Blissey, so it's not really worth running. Overall, a pretty cool looking team you have here, you'll have to eventually replace Heracross with something else soon though since Heracross is going to be OU due to usage by the start of next month. Good luck with the team.

Nidoqueen set:

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
Nidoqueen theoretically only needs 20 speed to speed creep mega Blastoise, although I would run about this much to be safe since there are some things that Blastoise creeps. I'm not sure of how much speed Blastoise runs, but a mod in the uu chatroom said that he ran this much speed to speed creep toise.

Edit: although it's kind of a given, if you run LO victini run either a Hasty or Naive nature, for energy ball or Thunder, if you opt for that, to have more power.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)