Regirock [QC 0/3]

QC (0/3)

Overview
########

+great defensive stats
+above avarage attacking stat
+acces to a lot of suport moves stealth rock, thunder wave, sunny day, ...
-pure rock typing makes him weak to common types
-no form of recovery outside of a non STAB drain punch
-his speed makes him easy taunt/burn bait

Support/Tank
########
name: Support/Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Rock Slide/Stone Edge
move 4: Drain punch/Earthquake
ability: Clear Body
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4SpD
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

-stealth rock, racks up passive damage wich is apreciated by both defensive and offensive teams
-Thunder Wave cripples a lot of stuff that depend on their speed and due to regirock's amazing bulk he's pretty much certain to pull it of when he sits on a decent amout of health.
-rock slide/stone edge, stab move with standard power or accuaracy discussion
-Drain punch/Earthquake: A sort of recovery, allowing regirock to take on a more tankish role vs better coverage all around. Drain punch should provide more then enough needed coverage in nu but earthquake is just a bit better in some situations.

Set Details
========

-max hp to get the max out of regirock's bulk (investing in hp adds more bulk then investing in either defence would do)
-max attack to make full use of his tanking capabilities (taking hits and dishing them out afterwards)
-leftovers for passive recovery
-remaining ev's go in special defense

Usage Tips
========

-can set up rocks turn 1 or can come in lategame thanks to his multiple switch ins to set rocks/cripple something
-try to keep him as healthy as possible when flying or normal spam shows his face
-can usually take a physical hit from pretty much everything so use this to his full extent and cripple physical attackers by dishing out lots of damage/paralyze them

Team Options
========

-ferroseed to round up hazard+para spamming defensive core, ferroseed can take grass/water moves aimed for regi and regi eats fire
-granbull/spiritomb for fighting attacks
-bulky sweepers like magmortar suddenly turn even more dangerous when that one fast threat is paralyzed and gets stripped of his health due to hazard damage racking up
-audino/licki as a wish passer because rocky doesn't have reliable recovery of his own

Sunny Day
########
name: Sunny Day
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Explosion/Fire Punch
item: Heat Rock
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
nature: Careful

Moves
========

-sunny day gets rid of regirock's water weakness
-stealth rock, racks up passive damage wich is apreciated by both defensive and offensive teams
-rock slide is prefered over stone edge because if regi needs to attack something after setting up the sun, he's gonna have to be accurate because the timer is ticking
-either fire punch to get a pseudo stab in the sun or boom boom to smash a hole in something while allowing a frail sweeper to come in safely

Set Details
========

-max hp, max spdef for as much bulk as possible
-max attack can be used over spdef to make the boom boom hole even larger
-heat rock to get the most out of the sun, sweepers are gonna have a hard time otherwise since switching by itself is a turn

Usage Tips
========

-can be used first turn if no possible taunters are in sight
  1. set up rocks
  2. set up sun
  3. go boom
  4. sweep
-can also be used to set up sun later in the game due to numerous switchins
-can take even sun boosted fire attacks thanks to his rock typing and massive bulk
-if something tries to set up, go boom
-if you wanna start sweeping, go boom

Team Options
========

-victreebell becomes a monster in the sun thanks to solarbeam+weather ball+chlorophyl
-fire types like typhlosion and magmortar can abuse the weather with powerfull sun boosted stab attacks
-prankster users like liepard/volbeat/illumise as back up sun setter to bypass taunters

Curse
########
name: Curse
move 1: Curse
move 2: Rest
move 3: Earthquake/Sleep Talk
move 4: Rock Slide
item: Chesto Berry/Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
nature: Careful

Moves
========

-curse for boosting
-rest to heal up
-either eq for more coverage or sleep talk if you plan on using rest multiple times
-rock slide is prefered over stone edge because 8 pp just isn't gonna be enough to clean an opposing team

Set Details
========

-as much special bulk as possible
-chesto berry for the set that runs eq, leftovers for a resttalk set

Usage Tips
========

-resttalk set can be played the moment steels, fighting and ground types are softened up, bring it on something that can't kill it directly and start gathering boosts, rest when getting low on hp
-restochesto wants every status user out of the game because rest isn't reliable sine it turns regi into a sitting duck for 2 turns after the chesto berry is used
-physical super effective hits can be tanked after a boost or 2
-be carefull around strong special attackers
-also be carefull when using rest since curse lowers your speed and literally everything bar munchlax will outspeed you

Team Options
========

-both sets apreciate residual damage so hazard stackers will be a good idea, uxie matches regirock perfectly since it can eat fighting/ground moves, set rocks and heal bell if something goes wrong
-toxic spikes would also be a great adition (especially for the resttalk set) since your enemies will be taking residual damage as you boost up
-resttalk set needs something to soften up steel, ground and fighting types, bulky water mons like feraligatr usually get this done
-restochesto wants to get rid of willowisp/toxic users so that it won't be forced to rest again after the berry is consumed. magmortar can eat willowisps and sleep inducing moves while poison types can absorb toxic spiks and the move toxic itself.

Other Options
########

-most of the usable moves are mentioned
-av is an option because TO MUCH BULK but his attack stat is just above average and not that great, also only 1 stab, only recovery is a nonstab drain punch + acces to all those support options just make an av set kinda underwhelming compared to everything else
-(should i even mention gravity+zap cannon+dynamic punch or are we just gonna forget about it?)

Checks & Counters
########
taunters:
-qwilfish: fast taunt shuts it down, regi can hardly touch the fish if eq isn't on the set (even then at -1, it isn't not gonna do all to much), qwilfish can set up spikes on regi
-samurot can taunt it/threaten it out with a special set
stong fighting types
-choice band sawk can kill it if it's softened up
-gurdurr can set up on it and t-wave will activate guts
special grass/water types
-sceptile can fire of a powerfull leaf storm at his weaker special side
-seismitoad shrugs regirock's attacks of and hits back with a scald, possibly burning regi
residual damage
-toxic/burn is a problem for non rest sets so t-spikes/will-o-wisp users can be considered as checks

Last edited:
Not sure how viable counter is, but I use it on him, and it allows him to kill a lot of things. I revenge killed a +2 gatr by tanking his waterfall and killing with counter. Could always just throw it in other options, because it's actually a fairly helpful move.

Not sure how viable counter is, but I use it on him, and it allows him to kill a lot of things. I revenge killed a +2 gatr by tanking his waterfall and killing with counter. Could always just throw it in other options, because it's actually a fairly helpful move.
The problem with counter on regirock is that it returns double the damage you take, which isn't gonna be that much in most cases thanks to his amazing physical bulk. However now that you mention it, it's pretty much the only thing it can do to stop lum gatr (not sure if you expect regi to stop that but anyways). I'm just gonna let the qc team decide on this one.

Yeah like I said not sure how viable it is, even with gatr if it would have boosted again the turn that I used counter, then it would have kill him. It requires a lot of prediction, but it pays off sometimes.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
mmmk, I'd suggest putting the sunnyday set before the Rest one.
Also de-slash stone edge from both sets. On the first one, it much prefers both the accuracy and the PP of rockslide [getting sub stalled by braviary taught you nothing?], and on the rest talk one, where PP is crucial, 8pp just won't cut it.

other than that it looks pretty solid, I'll give a full rate in a bit :]

Reactions: MFF
where in gods name is the assault vest set :[ smh

also, mucho sexism with calling regirock a "him" and "he" the entire time :]]]]]]]]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)