XY Ubers Ubers: The Start

BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL

INTRODUCTION

Hi there! I'm SpeedBlaziken I decided to start playing the ubers tier so I made a team. My team will probably suck so that's why I'm making the RMT, so I can make it better.

THE TEAM

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
I decided to start the team with Darkrai just because I like it and because dark types got a buff this gen.

Then I tought about Scizor, I didn't wanted another uber in my team and I also tought that with Scizorite would be cool but then I realized that with Choice Band was better.

I tought
Groudon was a cool pokémon to use on Ubers because it's a good wall and a phazer and sun is ok vs. rain.

After that I knew that I needed to cover my fire's Scizor weakness so I tought that Heatran was the best for that.

I knew that Arceus-Water was a good support pokémon for sun teams so I decided to use it. It also covered my Scizor's fire weakness, like Heatran does and had Defog so it was ok to help vs. stall.
Giratina from what I knew it's another phazer and was going to cover some of my team's weaknesses.

Then, after testing more, I released that Ho-Oh was better for that team because it was a good Xerneas check and I didn't have one.​

IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS

Darkrai

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Darkrai with a 125 speed and 135 SpA base stat is a powerfull uber pokémon that has the dark type stab, that now does normal damange to steel types, which is better.

Move 1: Dark Void: Darkrai signature's move is Dark Void and every Darkrai must have that move on it's set because you put to sleep every pokémon, not like spore that is blocked by grass types.

Move 2: Sludge Bomb: Is prefered instead of Focus Blast because it can hit Fairy type pokémons such as Xerneas or Arceus-Fairy that can threaten Darkrai.

Move 3: Dark Pulse: Perfect move with stab, It's ver usefull vs. Mewtwo becuase you have the Choice Scarf Item. A Choice Scarf item could be an option to revenge kill Mewtwo probably.

Move 4: Nasty Plot: So I get a +2 SpA on the change after I put to sleep the other pokémon (Darkrai can't really set up with Nasty Plot without predictions).

Scizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off Pursuit

Scizor acts as a revenge killer here. With the Choice Band item and Bullet Punch I can easily take down damanged pokémons.

Move 1: Bullet Punch: The best move that Scizor canhave because of it has the stab and because of Technitian's Scizor ability. It's basically the move that makes it able to revenge kill other pokémons when they are low hp because of the priority.

Move 2: Superpower: That move works vs. Arceus normal and Chansey/Blissey. I don't think it has moe uses a part from that.

Move 3: U-Turn: I have U-Turn to scout so I can easily predict a change and use U-Turn and then change to another pokémon.

Move 4: Knock Off: Works vs. Every pokémon that isn't a mega, you can't knock off a mega stone. What it does is that does is that you remove the opponent's pokémon item and if you do that it's x1.5 damange so it's like stab, if it doesn't you don't get the x1.5. Perfect vs. Chansey. Pursuit: Pursuit is prefered over Knock Off in that case so I can check Mega Gengar.

Groudon

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 236 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail Stone Edge
- Lava Plume Roar

Groudon is my weather pokémon. It seems that everyone is using Kyogre so I think the best way to counter rain is with sun. A defensive set helps vs. Arceus.

Move 1: Earthquake: Good vs. steel types like Heatran or Lucario.

Move 2: Stealth Rock: So I check Ho-Oh and other fire pokémons, I break Lugia's Multiscale and I stop focus sash all the time.

Move 3: Dragon Tail: Phazing Move. Stone Edge: To Check Ho-oh, Yvetal and more.

Move 4: Lava Plume: Because with the sun a Fire move is always good and because of the chance to burn. Roar: Because Dragon Tail doesn't affect fairy types.

Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect
- Toxic

Heatran covers my Scizor weakness and it's a good partner for Groudon because of the sun.

Move 1: Lava Plume is prefered instead of Fire Blast because of the burn chance.

Move 2: Roar: Phazing move.

Move 3: Protect: To recover a little Hp. I also takes down Blaziken when it use HJK.

Move 4: Taunt: I don't really want to have problems with stall teams so I prefer taunt over Will-o-Wisp, Toxic or other moves that fit well for Heatran. Toxic: Toxic is prefered in that case so Heatran doesn't become a dead bait vs. Ho-oh.

Arceus

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment / Grass Knot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

I use the Splash Plate because I need Arceus Water to check rain teams.

Move 1: Judgement: Judgement is water type in that case and never misses so It's the best move you can use for that arceus.

Move 2: Will-o-Wisp: Cripples physical pokémons and helps vs. some walls.

Move 3: Recover: So I can get Hp back and I can stall when it's needed.

Move 4: Defog: Vs. stall normally so I can defog every hazard that the opponent has set up.

Ho-Oh

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic

Ho-Oh seems to work better than Giratina for that team. That pokémon is my physical wall and also a good Xerneas check.

Move 1: Brave Bird: Is the strongest flying move that ho-oh so that's a good reason for use it and also for coverage vs. Arceus Fighting and Blaziken.

Move 2: Sacred Fire: Perfect on a sun team and has a 50% chance to burn.

Recover: To recover my Hp and to stall.

Toxic: To cripple walls most of the time (and other pokémons affected by toxic but mostly walls).

OLD TEAM MEMBER

Giratina

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail / Roar

Giratina has another form, the origin but for that team I think that the normal one is better because it acts as a wall.

Move 1: Rest: So I can recover Hp back and heal every status that Giratina can have.

Move 2: Sleep Talk: So i don't have to wait 2 turns untils Giratina wakes up.

Move 3: Will-o-Wisp: Cripples physical pokémons and helps vs. some walls.

Move 4: Dragon Tail: Phazing move.

CONCLUSION

Well there's nothing much to say. I think the team is simple and not really hard to use in my opinion. I don't really know about the treaths but it seems that Mewtwo can take down the team really fast.
When you use that team you will have alot of fun with Darkrai because you can put to sleep any pokémon (not insomnia pokémons).

IMPORTABLE
Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Groudon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect
- Toxic

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic

Last edited:

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hello there, your team looks solid and its built very well, however you can still make some chages which can make your team even better.

First of all, I'd like to suggest you to use chople berry instead of leftovers on heatran. If xerneas is running focus blast and it hits your heatran and scizor two in a row, then its over. So chople berry helps heatran survive 1 focus blast and then it can roar xerneas out. Also toxic > taunt, taunt actually isnt very good on heatran and toxic is decent as it helps vs support arceus and with toxic heatran doesn't become ho-oh bait.

And lastly, i suggest you to use fire punch instead of lava plume and stone egde over dragon tail on groudon, since you're running max attack fire punch is better in this case and dragon tail has not been decent at all this gen because of the fairy types arrival (its terrible anyway). stone edge helps vs ho-oh, yveltal etc if they try to switch in vs groudon.

Also try using pursuit over knock off on scizor as gengar is dangerous for your team.

Good team and good luck :)

Hey SpeedBlaziken, powerful team :] Nice example of sun balance, with Darkrai as the main sweeper, and your team supports it quite well. Darkrai can be absolutely devastating depending on match up as you probably have experienced yourself already haha. I'm going to echo the previously suggestions of Standard Groudon and Toxic Heatran. Its nice to have rocks on Heatran as you can directly punish Ho-Oh and roar it out, but Protect is actually amazing to have a as scouting is really nice and so is Toxic stalling. Giratina is sadly an issue because it lures Yveltal it, which is a giant problem to your team. Before I get to solving the Yveltal issue, I'm going to address your other weakness first; Kyogre. Scarfogre gets walled well enough by Giratina+Waterceus, but specsogre gets a kill every time it comes in, which is a particularly big issue for sun balance. You could in theory use waterceus to wall it, but one Thunder an it gets zapped to death, and this team is so solid it honestly would be a waste to not use spdef Palkia over Giratina. Spdef Palkia is probably the best counter to Kyogre out there (Joryn hue), and using Palkia would give you a water sponge, which is important as you can now use something much more useful over Waterceus. Even though Waterceus is a great, if not the best, defogger on sun, you are sadly kind weak to Yveltal. Arceus Fairy completely gets rid of your Yveltal weakness, and also makes up for you losing Giratina, as it can run physdef ev's to help check Ekiller lacking Lum Berry (Waterceus couldn't do this as well because it needed the spdef ev's for checking Kyogre). One of the biggest downsides of Fairyceus is it getting easily trapped my Mega Gengar, luckily you have a banded Scizor to trap it :] Fairyceus is also a great way of handling Palkia, so you don't lose that quality of Waterceus either. I also forgot to mention that a common issue with spdef Palkia is that it lures Xerneas in and if you don't have a reliable switch-in to its moonblast it can turn out to be quite problematic, luckily you have Heatran to sponge its hits. Speaking of Heatran, I think giving it 248 hp/52 def/208 spdef would be more optimal. 208 spdef hits a jump point, and the rest goes in phys def to help wall Ho-Oh better, while still checking Xerneas just like it did before. You also have Scizor as an amazing check to Xerneas, so this is worth it.

So thats it! Hope I helped, I have provided the new sets below :)

(ok so at this point in time I saw you had swapped gira for phys def ho-oh, this is a great change actually. this rate applies to the giratina version, I still encourage you to make these changes to that version of the team though. if you want me to rate the version with ho-oh, be sure to tell me so :) use roost over recover on it, though.)

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 36 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog
The physical bulks helps with switching into Zekrom's Bolt Strike, as well as taking on various physical attackers. If you find yourself getting overwhelmed by Yveltal/Palkia feel free to go full spdef though.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Dragon Tail is kind of mandatory to not get trapped and set-up on by Gothitelle, but if you haven't encountered it in the past and you think it is unlikely for you to face it (so on the ladder) then feel free to use surf.

Last edited:
Hey there, nice team.

Couple of suggestions I'd like to make would be changing Groudon to a Defensive set so you set up Stealth Rocks AND deal with EKiller. Here's an importable set if you want to try it out:

Groudon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Roar/Thunder Wave

Secondly Giratina is complete trash this gen (sad face) so it would be better to change it to something else. Additionally I don't see what it does for your team.

Some options to take it's place would be Specially Defensive Palkia (countering Kyogre and thus allowing you to run a different Support Arceus), Scarf Zekrom (great for pivot/momentum and fantastic Scarfer with extreme revenge killing abilities :o!) or Xerneas, either offensive or defensive which both have their merits. Just a couple suggestions, but almost anything would be better than Giratina.

Good luck in the ubers tier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)