XY UU Bulky Offense (BAN ME PLEASE)-Squad (PEAK #6)

Team Intro:
I wanted to make a UU team. I made a UU team. I laddered high up.
rip heracross 3<

"I-i must get rocks up for master!"

Muddy Fodder (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Mirror Coat
Big boy Swampert-Mega. I wanted to use this guy since I was having fun in gen 4 OU with it and decided to go UU. Swampert is intended to be a Hazards Lead and my best way of dealing with Blastoise-Mega, (Mirror Coat) my biggest weakness. Helps check Powerful Threats that shit on my team, particularly Ampharos, Raikou, and CM Jirachi. You've never had a giggle until you've OHKO'd a mega blastoise with Mirror Coat. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-158057078 (ignore the shitposting)

">implying paralysis will stop me"

そうと (Roserade) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
My qt male-crush Roserade. Re-named it after a nice Japanese guy I met today. Roserade helps eliminate bulky Ground types like Hippowdon, Donphan, and Swampert. Hidden Power Fire is to donk lead forretress that try to set-up hazards on me (as I have no clearer). My last move is Leaf Storm which is used to secure OHKOs on particular pokemon that giga drain wouldn't KO.
252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 478-564 (133.5 - 157.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO. I chose Natural Cure over Technician as all Technician would do is boost HP Fire a bit, while I can be cured from a random Thunder Wave or Scald burn just by switching.

"All of you fighting types are plebs, every last one of you."

spoopy sword (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

My main set-up sweeper and only form of priority. It can also stop Hawlucha (which is broken to shit) and Mienshao, which can give my team trouble if I'm not careful. I went with iron head and 12 speed investment instead of Gyro Ball, just so I could win those speed ties with other doublades. It seems niche but it's re-assuring not having to risk a game on a 50% chance. Lastly, doublade can check CM Florges and Life Orb Alakazam which can also tear my team up if I'm set-up on une-expectantly.

"mfw no florges gifs ;_;"

loyal gf (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Moonblast

My wish passer, Hydreigon Counter, and special tank. I'm running max Def/Bold to make up for Florges' poor Defense, and I really need no investment in SpD to take hits with Florges' already massive bulk. Protect can be useful for scouting out scarfed/banded Victini and giving me a safer switch (Slowbro on V-Create and Swampert on Bolt Strike). I can heal up any of my attackers if they take to much damage by wish passing and I can cure slowbro of toxic in case I need to CM sweep. really gud poek

"I sip the sap like I sip the booty"

Duke Nukem (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Guts/Choice Scarf Heracross: The pinnacle of fear. Foolish Sableye users will burn me with will-o-wisp and get OHKO'd by this Megahorn. Heracross is a nice revenge killer as it has a great attack stat and powerful moves in Megahorn and Close Combat. Also makes Honchkrow a lot easier to deal with as sucker punch does jack shit. Not much else really to say about Heracross, as it is literally just a speedy fast nuke and status absorber. fug OU usage I want my bb in UU

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU BREAK THIS THING?"

Verlish (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

My check to Darmanitan and Victini, and my defensive sweeper. I can easily stall out Crocune/Cm florges with Psyshock and Slack Off. The only pokemon Slowbro even fears are Hydreigon/Ampharos. I run max HP/Def bold so that I can take both Physical Hits/Special hits after I have up a couple of calm minds. Everything else is completely straight forward and not worth explaining. Ban the three sentences of description rule because it just causes me to make up random talk to stall it out.

Threatlist:
Ampharos

Hydreigon

Hawlucha

Mixtini

Calm Mind Slowbro

Fat Blastoise

Import:
http://pastebin.com/c0f4ut9Y
I'll ladder to #1 and get some replays some time soon.​

Last edited:
Hi there buddy :]

Since Heracross and Slowbro are done and dusted I thought I may as well suggest some changes for your team. First off, I would replace Slowbro with Sub Toxic Jirachi. You already have the win condition in Doublade, who alongside Florges can usually stay healthy enough to carry out the task. Jirachi also helps with your pretty large weakness to one of the new additions in the tier, being Togekiss. Next suggestion is to use Scarf Krookodile in place of Heracross. Scarf Krook can trap annoying Pokemon like Jirachi and Victini in order to free up Roserade and Florges to more safely come onto the field of play. It also allows you to break Alakazam's Sash 100% of the time which from the replay, seemed like it was quite a considerable threat to your team. As for small changes, I would run Sleep Powder over Giga Drain. Dual Grass-types attacks seems pretty redundant and Sleep Powder is absolutely amazing in this current metagame since Roserade destroys pretty much every switch in to Sleep Powder with Sludge Bomb. You can find the sets below and yeah, good luck with your team in the new metagame :]

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Iron Head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)