XY OU This is Meta!!

Introduction

Hello smogon rmters, this is my second rmt. I've been rating rmts a lot lately and wanted to make my own again this was an attempt for a ladder team with big threats so hope you enjoy reading my rmt

Original Team Building Process (changes not mentioned)

First I needed a lead and I know landorus-t is very good one and also a big threat as you know I'm going for big threats

Then I needed a special and physical tank so I went for Heatran and Ferrothorn because they are big threats as well and can take a lot of hits but hit back too

Then I needed a very strong big threat mega like charizard-x he can out speed a lot with d dance and can hit hard but has also a recovery move etc.

I also needed a wall breaker that can deal a lot of damage but also can take some hits so I choose Azumarill and also is a big threat to the current meta.

I also needed a Revenge killer who can of course revenge kill but also out speed a lot and deal a lot of damage and also terrakion is a threat.

Overview

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

So I choose for charizard-x as my mega cause he is a very powerful and threatful mega and I choose for d dance so he can deal even more damage and out speed a lot more thing roost is there for recovery from hits or recoils from flare blitz I choose those 2 moves for stab so he can deal a lot of damage. BTW: he has huge cleaning capabilities as I have seen as a late game sweeper ! :D

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

This is my lead heatran and with this choice scarf he says fuck you greninja out speed u-turn and OHKO him most of the time and he also has knock off to steal away some nasty annoying items and stone edge for coverage earthquake is there for fast stab damage to hurt the enemy team a lot. The def spread is so he can take more physical hits than usual landorus-t's.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latias will give me a way of dealing with Landorus-T which can 2HKO or OHKO everything on my team, also Latias will give me a pretty vital ground immunity which is nice. Furthermore, Latias can give me Healing Wish support which will help aid with Bird Spam to keep Landorus-T alive. If needed defog is for charizard because he gets hurt bad by hazards

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

This is my physical wall I gave him leftovers for longevity and Iron barbs deals damage to physical tanks I gave him some spd so he won't die to every special move that hits him I gave him leech seed to kill some hard to kill pokes and gyro ball to kill very fast pokes (also stab move) power whip is just a powerful stab move to kill some pokes if it's super effective. Spikes and stealth rock are there to set-up hazards to make sweeps easier

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

This is my wall breaker who can deal a lot of damage and eat chanseys for breakfast Play rough and waterfall are there for strong stab, aqua jet is for priority to kill weak pokemon or kill fast pokemon super effective knock is there to knock off things like leftovers assault vest etc. this spread is also very good because it can take a lot hits man! The Speed EVs are here to speed creep most Azumarills.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

This my revenge killer, he is normally a very relaxed guy but when someone hurts his friends somethings snaps in his head and gets very angry and kill them in instant XD Now seriously euhm he's a very fast hard hitting pokemon with strong moves like close combat earthquake rock slide stone edge, close combat and stone edge are for stab equake ^^​

Importable

Natsu (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Azumarijn (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Eden Hazard (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Mega Nurse Joy (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

I liek Greninjas (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

U did what?! (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Last edited:
This is a pretty good team, however once your Zard gets statused you are incredibly weak to stall. Because you already have scarfer in Lando-T I suggest you change your terrak from adamant scarf to Jolly life orb with SD instead or Earthquake and taunt or sub in place of X-Scissor. This will allow you to punch holes in the other team making a Zard sweep much more likely. For your Lando-T I think superpower would be a better option than EQ for revenge killing mega ttar, air balloon drill and mega gyarados. You also need a defogger/spinner for Zard but thats all I can think of for now.

This Terrak set
/hide/ Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4
Item
Tags
Nature
  • Jolly
EVs
  • 252 Atk
  • 4 Def
  • 252 Spe
    /hide/

This is a pretty good team, however once your Zard gets statused you are incredibly weak to stall. Because you already have scarfer in Lando-T I suggest you change your terrak from adamant scarf to Jolly life orb with SD instead or Earthquake and taunt or sub in place of X-Scissor. This will allow you to punch holes in the other team making a Zard sweep much more likely. For your Lando-T I think superpower would be a better option than EQ for revenge killing mega ttar, air balloon drill and mega gyarados. You also need a defogger/spinner for Zard but thats all I can think of for now.

This Terrak set
/hide/ Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4
Item
Tags
Nature
  • Jolly
EVs
  • 252 Atk
  • 4 Def
  • 252 Spe
    /hide/
Not fan of that terrakion set cuz u will easily get outspped and ko'd + lando without stab equake <.< zard x won't get statussed cuz immune to will-o-wisp and t-wave is predictable I switch to lando and toxic to one of my steel types so it's not realy a weakness even tho u got one point I don't have a spinner/defogger. and for mega ttar and gyrados u must be stupid to use landorus-t for it <.< gyrados just kills it cuz of typings so scarf terrakion revenge kill both mega t-tar and gyrados + azumarill can take care of them aswell thanks for the rate ^^

Not fan of that terrakion set cuz u will easily get outspped and ko'd + lando without stab equake <.< zard x won't get statussed cuz immune to will-o-wisp and t-wave is predictable I switch to lando and toxic to one of my steel types so it's not realy a weakness even tho u got one point I don't have a spinner/defogger. and for mega ttar and gyrados u must be stupid to use landorus-t for it <.< gyrados just kills it cuz of typings so scarf terrakion revenge kill both mega t-tar and gyrados + azumarill can take care of them aswell thanks for the rate ^^
It's meant to bust walls which your team has trouble doing and you have scarfer. And no I'm not stupid It's called revenge killing, A +1 mega dos paired with a trapper could sweep once ferrothorn is removed, lando-t with superpower guarantees the ko. How about latias in place of Azumarill. Latias has reliable recovery and defog and is a great check to Keldeo, Azumarril's main defensive use on your team.

Move 1

Move 2
Move 3
  • Surf
Move 4
Item
Ability
Tags
Nature
  • Timid
EVs
  • 72 HP
  • 184 SpA
  • 252 Spe

Last edited:
Wow, a really good team! This looks so solid.
Well, do you really need two attack moves for Ferrothorn? If not, try using Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn, and Taunt or Roar on Heatran to punish the set-up.
For Terrakion and Charlizard, why do you run 4HP EVs? That will make you have even number of HP, which will make you weaker to Stealth Rock. Try putting those EVs into SpD or Defense.
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 237-280 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
AV Azumarill is actually not a wallbreaker, but..
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 354-417 (55.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Well, now people run a lot of Knock-off for AV Azumarills, no one would stay in Azumarills.

Do you need that speed for your Azumarill? If you do, you should change the Evs for HP and SpD. That will leave you an even number of HP and blah blah.. People don't tend to run Speed Evs a lot. I personally run 4EVs to beat them.
SpreadUsage
Adamant:252/252/0/0/4/0 43.236%
Adamant:252/252/0/0/0/4 8.040%
Jolly:4/252/0/0/0/252 3.623%
Adamant:252/252/4/0/0/0 3.588%
Adamant:92/252/0/0/0/164 2.687%
Adamant:4/252/0/0/0/252 2.684%
Other36.142%
Comment:really bad spreads though.. These stats were in June, but I don't think they changed a lot. I should have gotten the 1825+ stats or something..

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Wow, a really good team! This looks so solid.
Well, do you really need two attack moves for Ferrothorn? If not, try using Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn, and Taunt or Roar on Heatran to punish the set-up.
For Terrakion and Charlizard, why do you run 4HP EVs? That will make you have even number of HP, which will make you weaker to Stealth Rock. Try putting those EVs into SpD or Defense.
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 237-280 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
AV Azumarill is actually not a wallbreaker, but..
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 354-417 (55.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Well, now people run a lot of Knock-off for AV Azumarills, no one would stay in Azumarills.

Do you need that speed for your Azumarill? If you do, you should change the Evs for HP and SpD. That will leave you an even number of HP and blah blah.. People don't tend to run Speed Evs a lot. I personally run 4EVs to beat them.
SpreadUsage
Adamant:252/252/0/0/4/0 43.236%
Adamant:252/252/0/0/0/4 8.040%
Jolly:4/252/0/0/0/252 3.623%
Adamant:252/252/4/0/0/0 3.588%
Adamant:92/252/0/0/0/164 2.687%
Adamant:4/252/0/0/0/252 2.684%
Other36.142%
Comment:really bad spreads though.. These stats were in June, but I don't think they changed a lot. I should have gotten the 1825+ stats or something..

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
Thanks Ill look into that and I got stealh rocks on heatran so spikes maybe? and Ill switch the evs of terrakion and charizard ^^

Hello there, this is a very interesting team you have here. However you do have a few notable flaws. One problem is that your team has no Defogger, so that if the opponent sets up Stealth Rocks that automatically puts you at a disadvantage when trying to sweep with Charizard, especially if you haven't mega evolved. Also 2 fire types is pretty redundant so I suggest using Latias > Heatran. Heatran is not really essential for your team and just increases your weakness to Excadrill Sand and ground types in general such as Landorus I&T. Latias will give you a way of dealing with Landorus-I which can 2HKO or OHKO everything on your team, also Latias will give you a pretty vital ground immunity which is nice. Furthermore, Latias can give you Healing Wish support which will help aid with Bird Spam to keep Landorus-T alive. Also I notice that you have Stealth Rocks on Heatran which you can just shift to Ferrothorn over Protect.

Another notable flaw is the fact that you have 2 Choice Scarf users and no real Stall Breaker. You might be okay against stall without an Unaware user, however, if you come up against Unaware stall you automatically lose. So for this reason as Landorus-T already acts as a revenge killer due to being Scarfed, I suggest using Choice Band Terrakion > Choice Scarf. Choice Band Terrakion offers you a solid way of dealing with stall; as well as lures in common Charizard X counters such as Landorus-T and hits them very hard with a CB Stone Edge, which eventually opens up a Charizard X sweep.

Other than that, your team is pretty solid. So I hope I helped and good luck with testing!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Hello there, this is a very interesting team you have here. However you do have a few notable flaws. One problem is that your team has no Defogger, so that if the opponent sets up Stealth Rocks that automatically puts you at a disadvantage when trying to sweep with Charizard, especially if you haven't mega evolved. Also 2 fire types is pretty redundant so I suggest using Latias > Heatran. Heatran is not really essential for your team and just increases your weakness to Excadrill Sand and ground types in general such as Landorus I&T. Latias will give you a way of dealing with Landorus-I which can 2HKO or OHKO everything on your team, also Latias will give you a pretty vital ground immunity which is nice. Furthermore, Latias can give you Healing Wish support which will help aid with Bird Spam to keep Landorus-T alive. Also I notice that you have Stealth Rocks on Heatran which you can just shift to Ferrothorn over Protect.

Another notable flaw is the fact that you have 2 Choice Scarf users and no real Stall Breaker. You might be okay against stall without an Unaware user, however, if you come up against Unaware stall you automatically lose. So for this reason as Landorus-T already acts as a revenge killer due to being Scarfed, I suggest using Choice Band Terrakion > Choice Scarf. Choice Band Terrakion offers you a solid way of dealing with stall; as well as lures in common Charizard X counters such as Landorus-T and hits them very hard with a CB Stone Edge, which eventually opens up a Charizard X sweep.

Other than that, your team is pretty solid. So I hope I helped and good luck with testing!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Thank you verry much I changed it up ^^

such a typical ou team looks like a bunch of mons pulled out of s rank and then slapped together lol
Not just slapped together without thinking but in a way ur right it is typical but that was what I was going for this team must represent how the current meta looks like. This is the represnetation of the current meta imo ^^

Sand rush and bird spam is the meta this is just a tossdtogrther team that has minimul synergy. Dont be offended, im not saying your team sucks but as psted above you need fixes. I agree with the latias fix and terrakion fix. You lose to thundurus and stall hard.

Sand rush and bird spam is the meta this is just a tossdtogrther team that has minimul synergy. Dont be offended, im not saying your team sucks but as psted above you need fixes. I agree with the latias fix and terrakion fix. You lose to thundurus and stall hard.
Yeah, you can say that again. Those mons are really viable mons, although they share the same weakness to particular playstyle/mon. He needed a defogger/spinner, and a wallbreaker. Now being that fixed, this team will definitely get better. Even after that, the team is still sort of Thundurus weak. I am also worried about Quagsire.

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 206-246 (63.7 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah, you can say that again. Those mons are really viable mons, although they share the same weakness to particular playstyle/mon. He needed a defogger/spinner, and a wallbreaker. Now being that fixed, this team will definitely get better. Even after that, the team is still sort of Thundurus weak.
Please give me more suggestions I'm open to change everything ^^

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 396-468 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 64-76 (18.1 - 21.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

Since now you have a defogger, it is not a good idea to run spikes yourself anymore. How about using Power Whip instead of Gyro Ball, and Protect over Spikes? Spikes are awesome, but it really hurts when you have to defog it yourself for your Charlizard to switch in..

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 648-764 (216.7 - 255.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 296-348 (98.9 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 316-372 (105.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 12 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 296-351 (73.8 - 87.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 238-282 (79.5 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Now Thundurus is dead.

Last edited:
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 396-468 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 64-76 (18.1 - 21.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

Since now you have a defogger, it is not a good idea to run spikes yourself anymore. How about using Power Whip instead of Gyro Ball, and Protect over Spikes? Spikes are awesome, but it really hurts when you have to defog it yourself for your Charlizard to switch in..

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 648-764 (216.7 - 255.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 296-348 (98.9 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 316-372 (105.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now Thundurus is dead.
Thanks I looked into it and yeah it seems like the better option now realy thank you and btw : this isn't one of my best teams this is just a theme team the theme is high rank threats so it's not realy that good but thanks for making it way better up until now with the changes ^^

Does anybody have more tips?

Since you are running a Charizard set with Roost... You should for sure run the 144 Hp / 252+ Atk / 112 Spe. This allows you to take hits, Roost off the damage, and force switches.

Ferrothorn should only have one attacking move as Leech Seed Protect are very needed for recovery. If you want Gyro ball, relaxed is definitely needed, but if you want to hit bulky water types, i woukd go power whip with an impish nature 252 HP 88 Def, rest SpD.
Just a few set details
Mandibuzz is also a great partner with Ferrothorn an can be used to wall a lot of threats that coukd take out ferro. it can also defog

I am going to bump this because I want to use this team again and it has been a long time since anything was posted here ^^ + I wanna get ready for oras so u can suggest oras megas as well ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)