XY RU RU stall reigns

Hello RMT forum i have this awesome stall team for you. this stall team has got me to almost 1200's so im making progress. here is my team so enjoy

"This skunk is gonna save your life"
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 16 HP / 228 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
this skuntank is my revenge killer/defogger. defog is to remove rocks and spikes. poison jab is for grass types and for those who resist sucker punch. sucker punch is for revenge killing. and taunt is for crippling amoonguess and other walls. the evs i used is to be both offensive and defensive. black smudge is for recovery. i started with skuntank becuase i needed something to remove hazards and be a revenge killer.

"MOON prism POWER. MAKEUP!!"

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Moonblast

This is my win condition for my stall team. cresselia Works so well with skuntank becuase they have good synergy with each other. calm mind is for sweeping and for taking less damage from special attackers. psychic is for psychic stab. substitute is to prevent status and be able to calm mind safely. and moonblast is for dragons and dark types. the item i choosed is leftovers is because i want recovery.

next i needed a win condition on my stall team. i choosed cresselia becuase its pretty good at sweeping.

"THIS IS a dragon slayer"

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

This is my cleric. this thing counters hitmonlee and other dragons, its not even funny. wish is for reliable recovery and for passing recovery to skuntank or cresselia. protect is to scout what the opponent is going to do and to guarantee a wish on aromatisse. aromatherapy is to get rid of those burns and poisons on my team. moonblast is to wear down walls.

then i needed a cleric that can get rid of statuses and heal my teamates. so i choosed aromatesse

"THE PHOENIX WILL STALL YOU TO DEATH"

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
This set has won me many games. the job of this set is to stall pokemon to death. moltres can do that very well. roost is for reliable recovery . substitute so it isn't status weak. fire blast is for fire stab. will o wisp is for crippling walls and not take any physical damage.

next i noticed that i was steel weak so i needed a fire type to kill those steel types. so i choosed moltres because it can kill steels with ease. it also kills grass types which is cool as well.

" THIS MACHINE WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!"
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect
this is my special wall and my stealth rock user. it does a good job at checking every special attacker. bar moltres and delphox. the evs are to make this specially bulky as possible. stealth rock is for wearing down walls and bringing moltres to half health. seismic toss is to wear down the things its soppose to counter. toxic is to put things on a timer. and protect is to scout and make toxic wear down.

i also needed a stealth rock user and a special wall. so i choosed registeel becuase it has special bulk and physical bulk as well.

"THE SWORDS OF DEATH"

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

OMG. This sword is a boss. i gotten so many sweeps with this thing. the evs are to make it bulky and be able to hit hard. the remainder is to outspeed rhyperior, registeel, and spiritomb without speed investment. shadow claw is for ghost stab. sword dance is to increase its attack to extreme levels. shadow sneak is to kill wear down pokemon. iron head is to kill fairys and those who resist shadow claw and shadow sneak

i needed a tank that can check a bunch of stuff. so i choosed doublade becuase its a awesome tank that can kill many pokemon.

so there you have it. my ru stall team is pretty good,but im open to suggestions so yah thanks for reading

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Solid team good job! I recommend two things:

Change Moltres' Fire Blast for Flamethrower: Even tho you lose some power, the extra PP and perfect accuracy are far more helpful in a defensive Moltres

Second change Doublade's speed to 56 evs: With 44 been the new standar you will be involved in many speed ties and with 56 you don't have to worry about them plus you outspeed Rhyperior trying to speed creep standar Doublade.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sup gooey kirby, pretty interesting team here, but i think there are some ways to improve it.

At the moment you seem pretty weak to opposing Moltres, especially if Stealth Rock is up on your side. I'm pretty sure Moltres can 2HKO your entire team at the moment, and the Pokemon that comes closest to surviving: Cresselia, has no recovery at the moment.

Thankfully, fixing this issue is relatively simple. All you have to do is change your cresselia set to a Calm Mind Moonlight varient. I really wouldn't run any Pokemon as bulky as Cresselia without some form of recovery, especially if it's a set up sweeper, and CM+Moonlight Cresselia can still find a win condition quite easily. You're vulnerable to Toxic without Substitute, but Aromatisse's Aromatherapy should be able to keep toxic away for *just* long enough for you to clean up.

Now, with your current Cresselia spread there's still a slim chance of Life Orb Moltres 2HKOing it with Fire Blast with Stealth Rock damage. Thankfully it doesn't take too many EVs to change this slim chance to a rate of absolute zero: an EV spread of 252 HP / 208 Defense / 48 Special Defense should do this quite nicely.

One other minor thing that i'd suggest is trying out Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Moltres. Toxic Subroost Moltres is great, and if you can catch slowking on the switch you can stall it out quite easily, especially with your EV spread (this means *any* slowking, not just Assault Vest, slack off varients still win in the end against your current set). As Mew2 said, i also suggest using Flamethrower over Fire Blast just for the reliability on a defensive set.

hope i helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)