Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright so sableye, and doublade, but also what other pokes should i use for my team?

I have this team so far:

Hawlucha (Sweeper)
Darmanitan (Balanced trying to get Zen Mode)
Blastoise (My Mega)
Scizor (For Leverage)
Whimiscott (Staller with Prankster)
???

Which poke should I use here, and also is my team balanced?

Also how do I get Zen Mode on Darmanitan?
If you are going to use Darmanitan, which I wouldn't recommend personally, go with Sheer Force. Zen Mode is unreliable and forces you to compromise your movepool while sacrificing Darmanitan's raw power. If you must use him (I'm assuming this team is on a cartridge) use Sheer Force with either a Choice Scarf, Choice Band or Life Orb. As for balance, it's hard to determine what exactly you need without movesets for each mon, but it may help to pair Whimsicott with a dedicated defensive Mon whose typing helps cover Whimsicott's weaknesses (sadly, nothing immediately comes to mind).

Which Electric type Pokemon should I use for a special sweeper that can last a few hits? I'm tossing between Magnezone and Jolteon. More suggestions are welcome but I mainly want a response. Thank you :)

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which Electric type Pokemon should I use for a special sweeper that can last a few hits? I'm tossing between Magnezone and Jolteon. More suggestions are welcome but I mainly want a response. Thank you :)
Jolteon isn't bulky at all, so idk why you'd use it if you want a bulky sweeper. Also Magnezone is way too slow to be a sweeper; it's more of a utility check to Steel-types. Viable electric-type sweepers include Thundurus-I, Thundurus-T, and Mega Ampharos, with Mega Ampharos being by far the bulkiest. Mega Manectric is also very fast, but it's a bit too weak to sweep.

Oh yeah Raikou's also good, but it's a tad weak w/out specs.

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:
I need help with my team. So far I have a Megasaur and a Bisharp for a bulky offensive team. What should I add?
Something that can handle bird spam,preferably defensive rotom-w,but scarfed magnezone will also be good and also keep something to get rid of Lando-I for you, you can use Latios/Latias if Lando=I doesn't have knock off and also get defog support.

ay i traded you a pokemon with an egg move but at the time that i gave it to you it didn't know the move can you then still teach it the move?

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Who decides when there's going to be a suspect test and how are Pokemon picked out for testing?
It's typically the heads of the OU council that decide, based on the player's beliefs of a Pokemon being too strong for the tier, or detrimental to the metagame. It's never going to be preplanned what Pokemon is getting tested, just happens on a 'this is too strong' basis.

Which Gourgeist form/set works best in the current overused metagame? I remember cases being made for both Impish SUPER Size (Leech Seed/Will-O-Wisp/Shadow Sneak/Seed Bomb) and Timid SMALL Size with (Will-O-Wisp/Leech Seed/Substitute/Protect).

Which Gourgeist form/set works best in the current overused metagame? I remember cases being made for both Impish SUPER Size (Leech Seed/Will-O-Wisp/Shadow Sneak/Seed Bomb) and Timid SMALL Size with (Will-O-Wisp/Leech Seed/Substitute/Protect).
small, because of its 99 speed

(unless somebody would like to tell me otherwise lol)

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Small is the best, but imo use Jolly > Timid and Phantom Force > Protect.

Consensus: in your opinion, is AV Mamoswine a viable set in lieu of FEAR for better Dragon-hunting capabilities?
It would have some surprise factor, but I don't think it's a great item for Mamoswine to hold, as it has a poor defensive typing, and it can't invest in bulk without sacrificing its offensive capabilities. The FEAR set is best used as a Stealth Rock lead, while for hunting Dragon-types, it's best to go with Life Orb, to power up Ice Shard as much as possible. It would need to take some EVs out of either Speed or Attack for added bulk, as even with an Assault Vest, 252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Mamoswine: 398-471 (110.8 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO, but shifting too many EVs out of speed can place it below pokemon that it normally beats 1v1, such as Breloom, Bisharp and Diggersby, while if you shift EVs out of attack, (as an extreme case), you get 0 Atk Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 232-280 (72.7 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

I noticed people are running Flamethrower>Overheat on M-Man now. Is there a reason for the switch? Flamethrower seems to miss out on some significant KOs that Overheat nabs, and the SpA drop doesn't seem *too* bad on a mon carrying Volt Switch.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 288-340 (79.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 414-488 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 194-230 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 280-330 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 242-286 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 350-412 (81 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 222-262 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 318-376 (98.1 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chesnaught: 256-302 (67.3 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chesnaught: 368-434 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 226-268 (71 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 326-384 (102.5 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(not super relevant since Light Screen's going up first but w/e)

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gourgeist-Small: 256-302 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gourgeist-Small: 370-436 (117.8 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's unfortunate, I'm not one to hide behind my computer all day and enjoy socializing. Plus I thinks it's cool to actually have to put the time in to physically make the team and use it, is there at least non showdown tournaments with cartridges?

I saw a core that I likd a few weeks ago on the Good Cores thread (Zapdos/Hippodowon/slowbro) but when I checked today, the core was gone. What happened? And does someone still have a pastebin or something of that core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)