XY OU Help me get past 1500! My new highest!

Lucario @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

He’s one of my favorite pokemon. I’ve always wanted to build a team with him, and finally found some nice team members. It’s a standard physical set. Nature and EVs for max attack. Swords Dance when I can, and his attack power becomes lethal. Close Combat hits most pokemon hard. Extreme Speed is to take out Talonflame, or anyone that is faster than Lucario. Earthquake is here for coverage. I would consider using Crunch, as with Stab is gives me more base power, and also a way to deal with Gengar. Plus the possible defense lower to the opponent would be helpful.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Nasty Plot

- Thunderbolt

- Thunder Wave

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now, I read Lucario appreciates a wall breaker. I figured Thundurus could be one with its massive special attacking power. I’ve even swept a few teams. I like to spread Thunder Wave with +1 priority to pokemon Lucario can’t outspeed. This helps me not have to resort to extreme speed to go first. Thunderbolt for STAB and massive attacking power. HP Ice has allowed me to get through Garchomp and other Dragons. Nasty plot is helpful when I find myself with a great chance to set up. After a nasty plot, I’ve done serious damage to some of the better special defensive orientated pokemon. EVs are for maximum damage output.

Latias (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP/ 252 Spe

Timid Nature

At one time I used Latios as a defogger, and another offensive pokemon. I found myself never having too much opportunity to use his offensive capabilities. So I switched to Latias with a more defensive set. EVs are so I can have a better chance to get off a defog, and HP is so I can let off bigger wishes. Draco Meteor for STAB, Psychock helps with Venusaur. Wish to help deal with Life Orb damage and switching into pokemon. Defog takes care of hazards when they get out of hand.

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Wish

- Defog

Heatran @ Air Balloon

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Toxic

- Lava Plume

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

I always, always find myself coming back to Heatran. It’s such a great pokemon and forms part of a F/W/G core with Venusaur. Standard set, and is my pokemon who I used to absorb most special attacks. He takes fire attacks for Lucario too. Stealth Rock will help weaken opponent’s coming in for Lucario to finish later. Toxic is to help damage pokemon, and I think it works great with Protect. Lava Plume for STAB and the burn chance. I go back and forth so much with Heatran. I use to have Will O Wisp/Flame Thrower/Roar/Stealth Rock, which is a set I’m interested in. This one had Air Balloon. Roar was surprisingly helpful with Stealth Rock to keep the opponent off balance. I’m surprised I’ve never tried it before. EVS and nature for maximum special defense.

Quagsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Toxic

- Recover

Part 2 of my F/W/G core, and I’m just such a fan of unaware. He’s also my Physical pokemon. A lot of pokemon can only hope to 3HKO Quagsire. I love switching in a pokemon setting up. Before they realize what’s happening, their toxic’d and Quagsire is at 100%. EVs and nature are for bulk. Toxic is to help with slowly bringing opponent’s down to wear Lucario can sweep through. Scald for burns. Again, I find more use with Ice Beam for Brelooms or Grass Pokemon that switch in. Recover for longevity.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite

Ability: Thick Fat

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- Synthesis

- Leech Seed

Standard Venusaur. Evs for bulk, part 3 of the F/W/G core. I wish I could have Knock Off, but Leech proves to be pretty useful for me. What more can I say that hasn’t been said?

I find myself having some issues with Greninja and Gengar.

I also find myself having trouble getting Lucario into a match. He has a nice set of resistances but I just don’t know when to send him in.

I like Azumarill to help with fighting attacks, and for more offense, but would lose a physical defense pokemon. Unless I made Venusaur physical tank.

I like Slowbro, he can be a physical tank, regenerator is one of my favorite abilities. He brings a lot of weaknesses though. Another bug weakness, a 2nd ghost weakness which already have no answer for, and another dark weakness.

Mandibuzz would be nice for Psychic/ground immunity, Dark resistance, Physical defense, Knock Off, Defog, (which may allow me to go back to Latios) toxic, foul play, plenty of options, but breaks up my F/W/G core. Also brings a 3rd ice weakness to my party.

This is a pretty cool looking team. However, I see you having problems with a couple of Pokemon. For example, your team lacks a solid answer to MG Calm Mind Clefable once it sets up or twice. I recommend running Iron Tail (despite the accuracy) over Earthquake as EQ and CC have redundant coverage anyway and Life Orb max Attack+ Lucario Iron Tail does ~93-109% to max HP/Defense+ Clefable who could otherwise do big damage back with Flamethrower.

I really don't think that Latias should be running Wish. You don't run a lot of HP, so you'll be passing small wishes and you couldn't really heal yourself reliably with Wish if you don't have protect to use in conjunction with it. I'd suggest replacing it with Healing Wish or Roost / Recover. Healing Wish could be used to bring back Luke or Thundy for a late game sweep and Roost / Recover give Latias a quicker and more reliable form of recovery. Good luck with your team!

Lucario: Move 4 HP EV to Def to take less hazard damage. I too recommend Iron Tail over Earthquake for those pesky fairies. Also, Lucario isn't Dark-type, so he does not get STAB on Crunch.

Thundurus: Standard Nasty Plot, always good

Latias: NotBruceWayne hit the nail on the head. Wish should be exchanged for Healing Wish or Roost depending on your playstyle.

Heatran: With no reliable recovery, defensive Heatran gets worn down easily, so if you're going to use Protect you should definitely use Leftovers for the recovery.

Quag: Standard, always good

Venusaur: You should run Venusaur as a defensive tank with a spread of 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe. You already have Heatran taking special hits, and defensive Venu walls half the meta and still has the bulk to take special attackers like Keldeo. Your moveset leaves you walled by steels, but Leech Seed is an awesome move so it may be worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)