XY OU My unnamed OU team

I decided to make this team with the focus on not being weak to rocks and not having to worry about them being setup, since they take away a massive focus from winning the game. So far this team is doing well but it's missing some things that I just can't put my finger on... So that's why I'm asking for help :P

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

i felt this team needed a dragon and here it is. I went for scarf to outspeed other dragons and most of the meta with that, since it doesn't really need band or lefties in my opinion. Not much to say with him.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Reuniclus is an idea I got from someone else's RMT, 220HP is to get the best lefties recovery. max def is needed since he has no way to buff his def's normally. And he doesn't really need spdef because of calm mind. I decided to go with recover because it does an amazing job at supporting the setup against certain pokes and psyshock for spedef walls (this came in very useful sometimes, I'm keeping it) and Focus blast is just for coverage against dark types. HP fighting is far too weak to be viable. Sure this strategy is crit weak, but I'll take it.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Spore is a very good moves when you predict switches but don't know into what. It has some amazing coverage and with his technician ability, breloom can surprisingly hit like a truck on steroids. I had no room for sub / SD because I think coverage is more important.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Honestly, just wanted something else to hit hard. I remember my friend talking about this a few months ago, and this team looked like it needed a fairy so I decided to chuck Azu in.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone is ridiculously strong with magnet pull. it has enough speed to outspeed Adamant 252spe Excadrill and can lock in mons like scizor and ferro that can't do anything to magnezone. Scarf is also good to always outspeed Scizor and KO with hpfire, outspeed is important because they can U-turn. This also destroys Skarmory and pretty much any steel type.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 44 HP / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

I needed a 6th that wasnt weak to ground and a special attacker...well I found it. I gave it taunt to stop batonpass teams early and sub is good when it's against a mon that can't touch it. Or if you predict spore etc.

Overall, my biggest problems are Landorus and greninja. I'm sure that I can find a better mon to replace Gengar and Azumarill with your help. I've done minimal testing with this team so it's still in early stages.

I'm very new to Smogon metagame, only started playing again around a week ago and my best was 1.7k on the ladder. My first time playing was late last year so I'm still very new to the game compared to most of the members here.

Any advice and criticism is greatly appreciated, thanks for the read!

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi I see your team I see many scarfed, banded..... since azumaril is strong that can attack very strong without band since if this pokemon attack aqua jet by seeing landorus if opponent switch Keldo then it will be forced to attack with aqua jet or force to switch which kill us other pokemon or hit it very hard wch can cuz u the match so I prefer assault vest> banded and waterfall> superpower as you said that landorus is problem to your team as your team have having 2-3 fighting move too

I suppose that I'll try AV azu instead of band, it's not making any notable 2hko's into 1hko's etc anyway.

I'll also try waterfall over super power. Also, what do people think greninja would be like in my team? I think it can fix some of my problems but can also make my team very talonflame weak. idk

Greninja can be be a good special attacker with nice coverage. Getting STAB on every coverage move isn't something to take lightly i would also take a look at stuff with magic guard (alakazam, clefable) if your looking for some more SPA cause it fits in nicely with you not wanting to care about stealth rock. Something I would also consider is something with magic bounce like espeon. When someone sees magic bounce in team preview they will always think twice before trying to throw entry hazards t-waves, will o wisps, and toxic at you making you not have to worry about stealth rock even less with good predictions as long as your magic bouncer is still alive your opponent may end up having to spin defog heal bell off stuff he did to him self... Just food for thought

Also as some one who loves using gengar be sure to keep an eye out for mold breaker because they can an will 0hko you with a earthquake I only bring this up because excradrill seems to be the popular rapid spinner in OU nowadays

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)