Programming XY TSDA Pokedex (Latest: v0.3)

XY TSDA Pokedex
Latest download link, here.

Introductions
It's about time people know my second great hobby besides Pokemon: programming. I created this tool initially to help me to find egg chains when I'm without internet. But now, I'm hopping to make it the most complete Pokedex app ever. I will make constant updates to this app, because I'm like in a permanent holiday, and I have nothing to do at home.
Actually, I need some help to make a complete database, and I will not refuse help. Please see the "Want to help section, if you want to help with this app.

Images

Features:
- Dynamic Pokemon Database - this app has an dynamic pokemon database, i.e the Pokemon's info is not formatted only for exhibition, but to be used for future tools and for the only implemented tool(Egg Move Chains Finder).
- Current items shown at the Pokedex: Name, ID, Type, Level Up/Tutor/Machine/Egg/Transfer-only/special moves, gen introduced, height, weight, genus, pokédex entries, pokémon icon and pokémon image.
- Egg Move Chains Finder - that was the main reason I wanted to create this app. The Pokemove Dex, using an complex algorithm create by me, analyzes the Pokemon Database to find all possible Egg Moves Chains for a selected egg move at real time. It shows to you all the Pokemon you will need to pass a selected egg move, how you will teach the move to the Pokemon thats starts the chain, and all the combinations of Pokemon possible.
- Multi-platform application - this app runs using Java. That means it will not run only on Windows, but it will run on any operational system supported by Java, namely: Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, that means that to use this application you will need to download a library, like with some Visual C++ applications.
- Lightweight app - this applications runs smoother on any PC. Trust me, I have the worst PC ever. Even the Egg Moves Chain Finder runs faster like no tomorrow.

Future Features
- Complete Database - in the nearly future, the app will have all the info you can get for a Pokemon.
- Future Tools - IV and Stat Calculator, Hidden Power Calculator, MAYBE legality analysis and more.

Download
Pre-requisites
- To use this application, you need to download and install the latest JRE(Java 8 Runtime Environment) here, that is like the Visual C++ runtime library, but for Java applications. To download you have to accept the license agreement and choose the apropriate file for your operational system. If you aren't sure, download the Windows x86 Offline option. Don't worry, the process is very simple, just download the instalation file, run it, and click "Next" until it installs. After that, you can run the Pokemove Dex like any normal application, with two-clicks.
Download
- After installing the JRE, download the Pokemove Dex here. It's a Winrar file, so just extract it anywhere, and two clicks on the file Pokedex.jar, that acts like a .EXE file after you installed JRE. If the app doesn't run, you probably haven't installed the JRE correctly. Stay free to contact me, but I will not do anything for you if you didn't follow the steps above.

Want to help?
Actually I'm accepting help with the Pokemon database. If you want to help, verify any errors for each Pokemon in the application and send every error you see to the email thiago_tsda@hotmail.com.

Changelog
***** v 0.1
- Initial Release

***** v 0.2
- Implemented an full Move database, with description, power, accuracy, type, category and pp.
- Added Move Details view, using the above created database.
- Layout changed a bit.
- Removed the Find Chains button. Now it's not necessary to click a button to find the chains for the selected egg move, clicking on the move is sufficient.
- Better chain sorting, chains that start with a level up move will come first and will be sorted, respectively: by the level that the move is learned, by the the chain size, by the chain starter's name(alphabethically). Non level up moves will be sorted by the chain size and by the by the chain starter's name.
- The chain finding algorithm is better, now it discard many dumb chains.
- Many performance tweaks.
- Fixed some move duplicates on the database(Wormadam and Meowstic).
- Added the pokemon's type to the database. The Pokemon's type are shown on the first tab("Overview"), as well as the Damage Taken by the Pokemon by each type.

***** v 0.3
- Changed the application's name to XY TSDA Pokédex. TSDA is a sign that I usually use for my works(google it) and it is my name initials.
- Completely reworked the application to run using the veekun.com database. Because of that, the application will be complete in the future. Because the veekun's database contains hoopa and volcanion, they are here =].
- Adapted the application to work with any languages(yes!). I will need help with translating the application first, before adding new languages. Fortunately, the veekun.com database contains game translations, so I will need help only with the application.
- Layout drastically changed. Now created an menu bar, and separated the egg chains finder to one of the menus. Also added an shortcut to the chains finder(Crtl + E)
- Removed some things, because I reworked the application and I will need to reimplement, namely: egg groups, type charter and gender ratio.
- Added: alternate forms(yes! including stupid things like vivillon patterns), the gen the pokémon was introduced, the pokémon's genus, height, weight, Pokédex entries and the Pokémon's Image.
- Completely reworked the egg chains finder to work using the veekun database. Now it is nearly perfect: it is MUCH faster, it finds chains for baby pokémon, nidorans and volbeat and gallade, and eliminates many stupid chains for Pokémons of the same evolution chain. Also added sketch chains(smeargle =]). Still, it is not perfect.

Known Bugs
- None.

Attachments

Last edited:
I've been wanting an egg move chain app for quite some time. Whenever I get back into breeding, I'll definitely give this a go - Serebii sometimes doesn't like to tell you how to get a particular egg move. As far as I see it, this egg move finder is all this app would need :p

I'm going to keep my eye on this in the meantime. Can't wait to start breeding again with this neat little tool!

New Update!Also, updated the screens.
Changelog:
- Implemented an full Move database, with description, power, accuracy, type, category and pp.
- Layout changed a bit.
- Removed the Find Chains button. Now it's not necessary to click a button to find the chains for the selected egg move, clicking on the move is sufficient.
- Better chain sorting, chains that start with a level up move will come first and will be sorted, respectively: by the level that the move is learned, by the the chain size, by the chain starter's name(alphabethically). Non level up moves will be sorted by the chain size and by the by the chain starter's name.
- Added the pokemon's type to the database. The Pokemon's type are shown on the first tab("Overview"), as well as the Damage Taken by the Pokemon by each type.
Great guide,Thiago
I think you misunderstood? This is an program, not an guide.
I've been wanting an egg move chain app for quite some time. Whenever I get back into breeding, I'll definitely give this a go - Serebii sometimes doesn't like to tell you how to get a particular egg move. As far as I see it, this egg move finder is all this app would need :p

I'm going to keep my eye on this in the meantime. Can't wait to start breeding again with this neat little tool!
There is a new update =]
this is for 6 gen only, isn't it?? maybe you can do somethig like this http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?4754-New-Official-PSN-Pok%E9App-thread, which let you change the game you want to know the dex, this program has a dex write in xml, maybe you can use it to complete your database
your program is fantastic!!! i'll enjoy searching a good breed chain, thnx
Yes, it is for gen 6 only. Actually, I'm using serebii for the database, I created an algorithm that analyzes the html pages and creates the database =]
Looks good.
=]

New Update!Also, updated the screens.
Changelog:
- Implemented a full Move database, with description, power, accuracy, type, category and pp.
- Layout changed a bit.
Awesome! Already DL'ed the old/original one and has come in handy for when my internet is non-existent...

Now I have to re-download it (with my crappy internet).

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and improvements! Especially the bold above!

Going to DL it as soon as I can!

EDIT:
As for the name, maybe changing it to something like Egg Chain Dex? I Dunno, maybe just keep it as Pokemove Dex.

Awesome! Already DL'ed the old/original one and has come in handy for when my internet is non-existent...

Now I have to re-download it (with my crappy internet).

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and improvements! Especially the bold above!

Going to DL it as soon as I can!

EDIT:
As for the name, maybe changing it to something like Egg Chain Dex? I Dunno, maybe just keep it as Pokemove Dex.
I'm thinking about the name still...
It will be an complete dex,so Egg Chain Dex is not an option.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Love the idea. Only done minor testing/using, but as a feature request/suggestion:
Have an option for the whole chain to be of Pokémon catchable (or receivable via in-game trades, fossil museum, etc.) in X and Y (or possibly selectable per game). I'd often prefer a longer chain if it means I don't have to trade for Pokémon to complete it. This also goes for Friend Safari only Pokémon as not everyone has access to all of them outside of trades.
Thanks for the hard work! :)

Update! That was a really difficulty one.
***** v 0.3
- Changed the application's name to XY TSDA Pokédex. TSDA is a sign that I usually use for my works(google it) and it is my name initials.
- Completely reworked the application to run using the veekun.com database. Because of that, the application will be complete in the future. Because the veekun's database contains hoopa and volcanion, they are here =].
- Adapted the application to work with any languages(yes!). I will need help with translating the application first, before adding new languages. Fortunately, the veekun.com database contains game translations, so I will need help only with the application.
- Layout drastically changed. Now created an menu bar, and separated the egg chains finder to one of the menus. Also added an shortcut to the chains finder(Crtl + E)
- Removed some things, because I reworked the application and I will need to reimplement, namely: egg groups, type charter and gender ratio.
- Added: alternate forms(yes! including stupid things like vivillon patterns), the gen the pokémon was introduced, the pokémon's genus, height, weight, Pokédex entries and the Pokémon's Image.
- Completely reworked the egg chains finder to work using the veekun database. Now it is nearly perfect: it is MUCH faster, it finds chains for baby pokémon, nidorans and volbeat and gallade, and eliminates many stupid chains for Pokémons of the same evolution chain. Also added sketch chains(smeargle =]). Still, it is not perfect.

Love the idea. Only done minor testing/using, but as a feature request/suggestion:
Have an option for the whole chain to be of Pokémon catchable (or receivable via in-game trades, fossil museum, etc.) in X and Y (or possibly selectable per game). I'd often prefer a longer chain if it means I don't have to trade for Pokémon to complete it. This also goes for Friend Safari only Pokémon as not everyone has access to all of them outside of trades.
Thanks for the hard work! :)
Wow, I really liked your suggestions, and the v0.4 will for sure have those features =]

_______
See this Nerina, Sakuretsu and Buckert.

Update! That was a really difficulty one.
I know this is a little late, but is there any way to DL this new version without having to sign into some stupid social networking site? It's no big deal, just that I hate having to link this and that, and associate this with that, etc. /rant

It's fine the way it is (for me; V 0.2). Only thing I think it needs is the base stats.

I keep getting an error message whenever I try to use the program. Any Ideas?

View attachment 17118
You probably haven't installed the JRE correctly.
I know this is a little late, but is there any way to DL this new version without having to sign into some stupid social networking site? It's no big deal, just that I hate having to link this and that, and associate this with that, etc. /rant

It's fine the way it is (for me; V 0.2). Only thing I think it needs is the base stats.
I can upload it in another site, just give me some minutes =]

Thiagodd...I may be in love with you.

BEAUTIFUL.

Will you be adding a "search" feature so that you can type in pokemon names instead of selecting them in the scroll menu?
Also with the moves tab, is there anyway you could make the tabs static and not rotating?

Lastly, I'm assuming updated versions require a re-download?

View attachment 17118
Sorry for the delay, it's because I'm with internet problems. I guess you will have to wait.
Also, my PC crashed, so people will have to wait a lot for the next version.

Thiagodd...I may be in love with you.

BEAUTIFUL.

Will you be adding a "search" feature so that you can type in pokemon names instead of selecting them in the scroll menu?
Also with the moves tab, is there anyway you could make the tabs static and not rotating?

Lastly, I'm assuming updated versions require a re-download?
You can type the pokemon name when you click in the scroll menu.
About the moves tab, I will see.
Latest versions require re-download.

Looks like my old computer decided to just die on me (some graphical issue... kept "freezing" on me, even though the mouse sort of worked - about 6-7 second delay - kept getting message, sometimes, saying the display driver stopped working. Now it doesn't even "turn on" - it turns on, but has a blank screen).

I'll miss v 0.2, but v 0.3 doesn't sound all that bad :p
Re-downloading...

You have to extract the .JAR from the .RAR. A .RAR file can be unpacked with the free program called WinRAR, since I see you have Windows.

If you already have WinRAR and it's still not opening, and if you correctly installed Java: right click the .JAR after extracting it from the .RAR, select "Open with.." and manually choose the Java binary yourself

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if you know how to fix this but we'll see.

Anyway, I tried this app on Windows 8.1, it worked great. I had to revert back to Windows 8 to fix something unrelated to this and when I ran this program again, I'm getting weird graphical cutouts.

Not sure if you know how to fix this but we'll see.

Anyway, I tried this app on Windows 8.1, it worked great. I had to revert back to Windows 8 to fix something unrelated to this and when I ran this program again, I'm getting weird graphical cutouts.

I will see a fix for that.
People, just passing to let all of you know that my PC crashed, and I need to take my HD, with all the project things. Until that, the app progress will be stopped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)