Resource LC Smogcast

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi, prem and i will be hosting another smog cast soon. If you want to be part of it, pm both PREM AND I with time zones and when you are available.

Post questions that you want answered on the smogcast here and they might make it on the show.

QUESTION: What's your favorite LC Pokemon? For a challenge, don't use anything in the top 50 of usage stats :].

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What might ORAS bring us in terms of tutor moves/unreleased abilities?

What stands out right now as dominant Pokemon / playstyles in the post Misdreavus era?

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Do you believe stall is a viable play style is the post Misdreavus era?

What are some underutilized Pokemon that you believe should get more usage?

What are some Pokemon that became better with the banning of Misdreavus?

... Oh yeah, and cutest Mons! ^_^

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
What factors of the metagame is preventing Rain from becoming at least semi-meta?

How does one utilize Poliwag to the fullest of its abilities?

I said I wouldn't be a part of it, but if we do it on a weekend or a night time, I can make time. But if we want fresh casters I won't participate.

Hints at next suspect? Heh
What has been working for y'all on the ladder
Creative sets you have liked using

That's I got ATM they may be sucky questions :/

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Discussion points

Shadow Tag + Arena Trap: Shadow Tag has been a discussion point for the entirety of Smogon for some time now, how good is it in LC? Gothita has a range of Pokemon it can freely pick off, with its decent coverage. Diglett has been much more of a discussion point in LC, being blamed last suspect for making Fletchling such a potent threat. Does it limit teambuilding enough to be ban worthy?

Viability of different playstyles: Balance, Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Stall, Weather. What's the most viable, what's the least? Good cores that fit these styles.

Finally, Grand Slam hype. Who's doing well in the LC Open, predictions for winners and stuff.

Think these are 3 discussion points that are pretty important, particularly trapping, since it's been a Smogon buzzword since the Ubers testing began.

Unsure of whether to apply for this or not, since idk if i can be bothered, but I'll be happy to help organise anything if you guys need

Last edited:

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
missy ban: opinion on unbanning? each user's thoughts on the matter

ways to potentially make the ladder better?

is macle a frog in disguise that is spying us to potentially invade the earth?

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GlassGlaceon asked me to post this for him:

1. Thoughts on drilbur, especially the SD set? Lack of good ground resists make it a huge force in this metagame.

2. Thoughts on 19+ speed mons? I feel like now that missy is gone, the speed tier has cleaned up, and a lot of 19 speed mons get to shine but i want some other opinions.

3. What players did you not expect to get bumped out of the LC Open so early? What are your predictions for underdogs especially and win predictions.

4. Most innovative players in this meta? What people have stood out in terms of creativity?

5. What ~10 people would you say are the best at LC atm. Doesn't have to be the best, but the most consistently good other than yourselves of course. Adding to that, who are some underrated players 2 look out for?

He had some more questions, but they were too silly :)

Last edited:
With the increased vulnerability to knock off in LC, has the increase in damage along side the already large impact of losing key items qualified the move to be banned?

Is the lowered viability of both ghosts and psychic types such as slowpoke, solosis, and frillish due to knock off enough cause to qualify the move to be banned?

Is knock off a necessary move in LC for coverage purposes (meinfoo, corphish, etc.) as it has great distribution, damage, and massive benefits?

Is the increased viability of sticky hold users such as shellos and trubbish at stake if knock off was banned?

Would the inability to remove items such as eviolite and berry juice via knock off be a negative impact on the meta? Is the possibility of increasing the viability of stall from such a change a bad thing for LC?

Is the unbanning of berry juice from 5th gen working out as well as hoped?

If knock off was not around to remove berry juice would it be imbalanced and in need of rebanning?

Is the need for fletch counters limiting team building even with the few good, viable options such as chinchou and archen, or is it just another example of counting a big threat?

Has the decreased viability of certain grass and fighting types due to fletchling reason enough qualify it to be banned?

Are pawniard and fletchlings priority powerful enough that they limit teambuilding as well as the use of frail scarfers and attackers, such as bunnelby and tailow, who can be OHKO'd from both LO sucker punch and gale winds acrobatics?

With the large popularity and impressive results of cholodrought, has vulpix been brought into light for a possible ban on either itself or drought?

If drought was banned would a ban on sand stream and/or hippopotas be seen as necessary even though sand is not as strong as sun?

Reactions: tcr

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Question 1.In LC Wch pokemon is the biggest threat Wch is not ban?

Question 2.wch pokeMon you wish it was not ban in lc¿

Last edited:
Which burmy do you like the most? and do you like the burmy naked?
btw there is regular burmy, burmy-trash(best one alive) and burmy-sandy

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Which burmy do you like the most? and do you like the burmy naked?
btw there is regular burmy, burmy-trash(best one alive) and burmy-sandy
they all do the same thing tho, it's not even like wormadam who actually gets a typing addition, movepool change and even a stat change.

:U

You play too much trash

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so as of now we picked a group of 5 between me macle cork quote blizzardy tcr and blara. we dont know exactly who until we pick a time or date but its 5 of those 7 people

anyway discussion points

15 minutes- introductions, lc open, stuff going on in the forums.
35 mintues- general metagame discussion. basically answering quetsions here about what we think of the new metagame and we compare it to the old one
10 minutes- hype corner. we will make this quick AND I SWEAR TO GOD THEY BETTER BE ACTUALLY NEW AND EXCITING

hopefully thats all we need sounds cool yeah

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OKAY GUYS. im apologizing for the latest announcement for smogcast ever because of many many many things going wrong on both our end and the casters end. the time of the smogcast is october 4th 1 pm pst / 4 pm est (tomorrow). sorry if you cant watch this and sorryfor many inconveniences, but real so many communication errors happenedd that this is literally the best time. hopefully you can make it and hopefully nothing goes wrong (cant even say nothing will go wrong cause i still need to get in contact with someone who hasnt responded yet)

yeahhhh

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
btw group changed it is now Quotecs / TCR / Prem / Macle / Champion Fizz sorry for lying to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)