ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does CoroCoro usually get leaked? Don't we usually have those by now, or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
When does corocoro usually get leaked? Don't we usually have those by now, or did I miss something?
CoroCoro is usually leaked around the 12th, with the official release date being the 15th. Last month we got leaks on the 8th which was exceptionally early.

Diancie event confirmed for the US! That's nice, I mean it had to happen soon but still good to know we weren't forgotten (same deal for White M-Gengar)
I'm hoping/assuming Dinacie's megastone in ORAS is an in game "event" you can only activate with the Diancie from the upcoming event. Sort of like the Zorark you could get in BW using the Shiny beasts from HGSS. It'll be fun to do a little Diancie side quest :)

EDIT:
Which reminds me: how much time is 'coming soon' supposed to be? I know we got Diancie through Japan, but they've been telling us that Diancie for Europe and America is 'coming soon' for more than half a year
Looks like you got your answer, haha (Oct 27)

Last edited:
Diancie event confirmed for the US! That's nice, I mean it had to happen soon but still good to know we weren't forgotten (same deal for White M-Gengar)
I'm hoping/assuming Dinacie's megastone in ORAS is an in game "event" you can only activate with the Diancie from the upcoming event. Sort of like the Zorark you could get in BW using the Shiny beasts from HGSS. It'll be fun to do a little Diancie side quest :)
About time we got Princess.

Unrelated, but I'm interested to see if the mega Latis get a design overhaul or are even to exist at all. It's not unheard of for event items to exist and then game freak gets lazy and just never releases them (looking at you, Azure Flute and Lock Capsule)

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Diancie event confirmed for the US!
And by serial code! Little things like this, and the fact that the nearest GameStop for me is like ~2500 km away is what makes me love living in a fucking 3rd world country with no way out! /sarcasm

On-topic:

Maybe the new moves will trigger like the Rotom formes moves. Or maybe Kyogre & Groudon will get them automatically upon going Primal if they only have 3 moves to begin with. Or maybe Eruption / Water Spout will be automatically replaced similarly to what happens to Black & White Kyurem's level up movelist.

Or maybe they'll go the Platinum route and say "nope, the mega stone goes to the bag before a battle".

Let's just hope for a patch. For people who don't have Internet, they could use the game itself to patch X & Y (which is what they used in Gen. 3 to patch the Berry Glitch using the newer games, if I'm not mistaken).

And by serial code! Little things like this, and the fact that the nearest GameStop for me is like ~2500 km away is what makes me love living in a fucking 3rd world country with no way out! /sarcasm

On-topic:

Maybe the new moves will trigger like the Rotom formes moves. Or maybe Kyogre & Groudon will get them automatically upon going Primal if they only have 3 moves to begin with. Or maybe Eruption / Water Spout will be automatically replaced similarly to what happens to Black & White Kyurem's level up movelist.

Or maybe they'll go the Platinum route and say "nope, the mega stone goes to the bag before a battle".

Let's just hope for a patch. For people who don't have Internet, they could use the game itself to patch X & Y (which is what they used in Gen. 3 to patch the Berry Glitch using the newer games, if I'm not mistaken).
Berry glitch for RS was patched using the Jirachi Disk, that was available for people that bought Colosseum for Game Cube in presale. At the same time as you received Jirachi, your game would be patched.

Berry glitch for RS was patched using the Jirachi Disk, that was available for people that bought Colosseum for Game Cube in presale. At the same time as you received Jirachi, your game would be patched.
This was also true if you connected to Fire Red or Leaf Green, and I believe, through connecting the rest of the Gen III games as well. I just remember getting my patch through Leaf Green, so I can't recall for sure.

Also for EU players using Pokemon Channel, which gave Jirachi too

CoroCoro is usually leaked around the 12th, with the official release date being the 15th. Last month we got leaks on the 8th which was exceptionally early.
To add to this: last month was leaked so early because it officially released on the 12th instead of the 15th (it does so every August).

However, Pokejungle has said on Twitter that this month's Corocoro is officially released on the 13th this month. So we might get them slightly earlier this month, but still not as early as last.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
For all we know, it could also be that an existing move is "hauled over" if the Primal Thingy is held. My prime suspects in that regard would be Ancient Power or Secret Power. Moves such as Fling and Natural Gift show us that it's totally within the realm of the game code to change a move's base power, status effects and even typing mid-battle. Though, I suspect the new moves to play on Groudon/Kyogre's strongest attacking stats, and as far as I know, no move has ever been seen to change attack category mid-battle. There's also the fact that these moves are stated to be entirely new, which frankly only can be extended as far as the not-yet-acknowledged moves found by hacking. These moves are either entirely new, or one of the five so-far-unacknowledged moves, three of which can be dismissed on the spot.

We haven't seen new moves for mid-battle forme changers yet, and I suspect we won't since it would be a bit of a breaker of the battle flow. If Primal Groudon/Kyogre are temporary formes to be activated in battle, I wouldn't suspect them to get the "Kyogre is trying to learn..." message for every transformation. The move is either learned before battle (and thus would most likely be an overhaul of an old move), or replaced automatically upon Primal Devolution. The thing with either of these, though, is that they prevent you from using whatever the "base move" would be while in Primal Forme.

If the Primal Formes are not temporary, I suspect they'll pull a Rotom and have the new moves appear upon forme change, or do it like Kyurem and have them be somewhere in the level-up movepool, to be replaced automatically when reverting to base forme.

And as far as patches are concerned, keep in mind that GameFreak have employed them since Gen. III with no problems, but they have never done so for anything but fixing game-crippling glitches. The capability has existed for three generations and then some, yet never been utilized for anything but emergency bugfixing.

For all we know, it could also be that an existing move is "hauled over" if the Primal Thingy is held. My prime suspects in that regard would be Ancient Power or Secret Power. Moves such as Fling and Natural Gift show us that it's totally within the realm of the game code to change a move's base power, status effects and even typing mid-battle. Though, I suspect the new moves to play on Groudon/Kyogre's strongest attacking stats, and as far as I know, no move has ever been seen to change attack category mid-battle. There's also the fact that these moves are stated to be entirely new, which frankly only can be extended as far as the not-yet-acknowledged moves found by hacking. These moves are either entirely new, or one of the five so-far-unacknowledged moves, three of which can be dismissed on the spot.

We haven't seen new moves for mid-battle forme changers yet, and I suspect we won't since it would be a bit of a breaker of the battle flow. If Primal Groudon/Kyogre are temporary formes to be activated in battle, I wouldn't suspect them to get the "Kyogre is trying to learn..." message for every transformation. The move is either learned before battle (and thus would most likely be an overhaul of an old move), or replaced automatically upon Primal Devolution. The thing with either of these, though, is that they prevent you from using whatever the "base move" would be while in Primal Forme.
You ninja'd me a little bit here :)
But I think we should all be able to admit by now that these are new moves. And not "overhauls" of Ancient Power or whatever.

For my two cents Kyogre and Groudon's new moves are just very very likely gonna be simply new moves on their level up list. Rotom (and now Pikachu) are the only Pokemon that have alternate moves for alternate forms that can also change their form as an individual. But they (presumably in Pikachu's case) only change form outside of battle and you then go through the process of editing their move set manually and selecting moves to be forgotten and so on.

Changing moves as you change forms mid battle can lead to some wonky mechanics that I can just imagine are worth trying to avoid. Bringing a set with only 3 moves, or replacing only a specific move, or having to replace any of the 4 moves and then having to get back the original move after the battle.... It's just all really awkward. It would also mean things like you can't select and use your cool new move the same turn you go Primal. Or if they only replace specific moves it could, in Kyogre's case, mean that going Primal could be giving up the single most damaging attack in the whole game.

But the biggest and most obviously avoid-worthy consequence would be that Kyorge and Groudon would be the first Pokemon ever to effectively break the 4 move slot limit. When you bring a Kyogre or Groudon into battle it will actually have 5 different moves it could execute over the course of the battle and that just seems kind of breaky.

And then finally there are a few already extant Megas with moves that would have made more sense to exist on their move list only in mega form. And yet their base forms can get the moves too. I just really expect the new moves to simply be on their level up list.

BTW here are the things we can expect about ORAS based on hidden data in XY and the past trends:
There won't be new megas
There won't be new moves
We won't get a patch

...whelp... the dominoes are tipping ;p

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Who ever said there wouldn't be new Megas? We've had follow-up-games with new Formes since Gen. III, when Deoxys started the trend. Pretty much nobody expected GameFreak not to include more Megas. They wouldn't lead to any compatibility issues with XY the way new Pokémon species (or new moves) would. As for the new moves, we will have to wait and see. I still believe they will have other ways to tackle the compatibility issue than issuing patches.

You're headstrong, I'll give you that :p
I'm sure you never said it but long long ago I definitely remember eager eyed hopefuls excitedly chattering about the new megas they wished will come and the wet blankets who told them "We already see the Lati@s stones in the code but they aren't actually XY obtainable, so they will be the only new megas in ORAS." It was certainly an argument that held less water than "no new moves" did (prior to them showing us new moves and new megas even) Anyway I don't want to ignite the whole patch thing all over again so... yeah... haha, we'll wait and see.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
In the future, please contact Stellar or me (DHR-107) if you have images that may be fake. It's getting really disheartening having to delete a load of fake discussion.

It's not hard to do a reverse google image search and find something out from there either if you are not 100% sure if something is real or not. Please do not post stuff willy nilly in the thread. We'll just come along and delete it.

Vader_the_White This has now been pointed out numerous times, and was almost highlighted specifically in the trailer with the new viewpoints we had. They have not confirmed anything about whether or not they actually have keystones however.

Even though nothing has been "confirmed" about Archie/Maxie's keystones those screen shots give us basically 99% confirmation. We all know what those shiny rainbow orbs are and what they mean........ Mega sharpedo/camerupt Mightyena Confirmed!!!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
They could also pull the biggest disappointment ever and just let Archie/Maxie use Gyarados/Houndoom, respectively.

Nah, just kidding. But I do wonder if any "old" Mega Evolutions will be featured prominently in ORAS. It's not like an overwhelming majority of them got much screentime in XY's story; as far as I remember only Lucario, Gyarados, Gardevoir and Absol were ever used by NPCs, and only the Kanto starters (and to some degree, Blaziken) were "mandatory gifts". You could also make a case for Mewtwo's Mega being prominent, and Ampharos', Abomasnow's and Gengar's stones being handed to you without any ado whatsoever, but the remaining half of the Mega Evolutions remain rather obscure, story-wise. Then again, the announced Mega Evolutions for ORAS are already many enough to serve for the entire story, given that they are used as sparsely as they were in XY, and I really doubt we've seen them all yet. So I guess some Mega Evolutions will remain "obscure" for this game as well.

Unless, well, they fulfill our dreams about Gym Leader rematches with Megas. Most of the Gym Leaders have rather solid connections to Mega-Evolve-able Pokémon, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to imagine. Even in the cases where no such connections exist (Roxanne, Tate&Liza, possibly Juan), it's still possible that some of their Pokémon get Mega Evolutions we haven't seen yet. As I said above, I really expect GameFreak to keep a few of them hidden up their sleeves until release.

Honestly, I would be perfectly happy if there was minimal exposure to Mega Evolution during the main game; at any rate, the most exposure that I would expect would be the player character themselves, Steven's Metagross (and Charizard?), and Groudon/Kyogre. Maxie and Archie are of course good bets as well, but at this point, for all we know their connections could point to either Camerupt and Sharpedo, Crobat or Mightyena, or just simply to Groudon and Kyogre (although I think they were getting cold feet by the time we went to the Cave of Origin).

Wallace's little sister is also a potential main game candidate, but I think it would be more likely that we'll see her occasionally in Master Contests in the post game, and she'll evolves Ali then; I guess it depends on how that storyline plays out. Wally and Brendan/May are also likely bets in the post game, with Gardevoir (XY) and the starter, respectively.

So, of those, Charizard and Gardevoir are the only significant XY Megas, and Charizard likely won't be around for long.

If there are Gym Leader rematches that are followed in the same manner as they were in Emerald, I doubt they would have the same final teams as they did then. There are three new generations, and important rematches in remakes traditionally pull from the pool of pokemon who have been introduced since the originals, so I think, quite literally, that any mega would be fair game, if the leaders do eventually use them, and if their signature pokemon does not already have one (right now, this only applies the Winona, however).

Mega Audino for Norman.

Nah, they'd give Mega-Kangaskhan to Norman :P

Speaking of, wasn't there talks of Nintendo nerfing Kanga? Or was that just rumours?
It was that they acknowledged they made it overpowered and were thinking of changing it but then they saw players in VGC had worked out ways to get past it so they decided not to nerf

First new corocoro scan from serebii.

"In this image, it confirms that, in next month's issue, due out on October 15th, a special serial code will be given. This Serial Code offers you a trial version of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire which appears to have you pick between Grovyle, Combusken & Marshtomp. "

First new corocoro scan from serebii.

"In this image, it confirms that, in next month's issue, due out on October 15th, a special serial code will be given. This Serial Code offers you a trial version of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire which appears to have you pick between Grovyle, Combusken & Marshtomp. "
(under the hope that this download is made public worldwide, I would like to say the following)
Hot damn! Thank you for NOT making your demo only available for play at game conventions, GF! We'll all be much happier being able to enjoy those 5 minutes of sneak-peek ORAS gameplay a lot better when we aren't relying on "reporters" with Pokemon-driven youtube channels to record everything off-kilter and in shoddy quality for an analysis.

You just know they're going to include something debate-worthy in that demo, including, but not limited to "What are we doing without the ability to MEvo our starters, goddammit?!"

In the pictures, Steven's shown on that one route to the east of Mauville you find him on in Emerald. And judging by the wording, I'm guessing you'll be in a forced battle with your mid-starter which ends in them evolving, and then you get the Mega Stone for them from Steven. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)