Other Yes, nukes do exist in Pokemon

Battletoads seems to have won in the last poll, so now I ask: What is the hardest level?

• Ragnarok's canyon

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Wookie hole

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turbo tunnel

• Arctic caverns

• Surf city

• Karnath's lair

• Volkmire's inferno

• Intruder excluder

• Terra tubes

• Rat race

• Clinger winger

• The revolution

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! I'm getting around to my nuke team. I've wanted to do this for so long.

Before we get started however, I need to crush your expectations.
This is a team that fits the theme as my personality, and as you might guess; unusual.
This is probably the most unusual team I've ever made, and has likely never been used before.
This is a team designed to win in 2 or 3 turns, but if you want to use it, please know that is can be heavily countered by a few uncommon strategies.
This team is not complete, and hasn't undergone all of it's testing yet, so I will be more willing to change something if you have an issue with it, however, as stated in my previous threads, that does not mean you can suggest whatever you feel should be there but would make no sense. Please keep the purpose the same.
This is a team not made for competition, but can be used competitively.
This team is a lot more complicated to use properly than my others, so I don't recommend using it, but you can if you want.
Once again, I'm just here to play the game.

Now with that out of the way, I would introduce the competitors now, but I need to say something else really important.

Do not skip this passage. This is very important.
On my LC post, a few people were taking sides in saying something I did was wrong, most likely through amateurish observations and no experience. This is what makes me want to strangle people in real life.
As someone who has far too much experience with these people, I speak with authority when I say this:

You do not have, nor can gain the right to have a valid opinion on anything without knowing how it works, especially if it was made by someone that did.
I think that's enough for now. Before I get too caught up on this topic, let's move on.

Alright, the time has finally come! Competitors, try not to blow up on the way here!

Competitors:

Competitor 1: Banette / Mega Banette

Banette (Rudokko) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk / Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Helping Hand
- Torment / Dark pulse
- Trick Room
- Taunt

Yup. I here you questioning already. Trust me, though. It gets better.
Rudokko here is used as a support. Nothing more. Prankster is always a good ability to have on supports, so almost always use Mega Banette. However, there are circumstances where you don't, and those are extremely rare, so you can not really worry about this, but know that it does exist.
This thing is purely support. Nothing else.

When to use and not: There is no circumstance to not use Rudokko.

Competitor 2: Sableye

Sableye (Jurcooo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Protect / Shadow ball
- Foresight
- Swagger

Basically the defensive counterpart to Rudokko, Sableye is another support for our nukes.
You'll understand why Swagger is there in a moment. Not much else to say about him.

When to use and not: Use if Metagross or Gigalith is being sent out first, and only first. Do not use if Golem is being sent out first.

Competitor 3: Mienshao

Mienshao (Maodjxue) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Aura Sphere
- High Jump Kick

A lot of you are screaming at your monitors right now. I bet you a lot that's what you're doing.
Maodjxue is used for any initial sweeping, primarily done by Golem. Inner Focus has been regarded as a useless ability, but I couldn't disagree more. Fake out on the first turn will always work with this ability.
Getting all the speed possible takes advantage of the imperfect Wide Guard programming for the simulator, but I still don't recommend using it. And speaking of Wide Guard, of course it is there to protect against the explosions if you don't have a Trick Room set up.

When to use and not: Use if you need some initial sweeping done with Golem. Use if you need some guaranteed damage. Do not use if your opponent has potential Ghost starters.

Competitor 4: Golem

Golem (Wecom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Explosion

Here's our first nuke, and I bet you can see why. This will deliver the first punch on the field.
Wecom is here for his brute strength, and nothing more. If you're curious about the speed, refer back to Rudokko.

When to use and not: Use for the initial exploder, or unless you have no other choice.

Competitor 5: Gigalith

Gigalith (Wawucakx) @ Persim Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Re-casing from an earlier team, say hello to Wawucakx! He delivers the biggest punch on the team. Wielding a Persim Berry to accompany Swagger, he carries a variety of multi-targeting attacks.

When to use and not: Use as the second or third. Primarily second. Do not use if you need Metagross to deal with a Wide Guarder.

Competitor 6: Metagross

Metagross (Mokuwhejj) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt / Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch / Meteor Mash
- Protect

Our third and final nuke, Mokuwhejj delivers a very heavy punch. He's your man for Wide Guarders, especially with Zen Headbutt. Hammer arm is for removing any defenses, as they are mostly Steel or Rock types. I personally prefer Bullet Punch over Meteor Mash, but that's just me.

When to use and not: Use when you need to deal with Wide Guard. Use if your opponent has nothing to deal with Metagross's type. Do not use if you predict a heavy Fire or Dark type attack.

So that's my nuke team. Like I said, it is still in testing, but has been proven to be efficient as is.
I am more open to suggestions because of this, so feel free to leave one below. Happy exploding!

Pretty interesting team, and I've only got a few suggestions that don't completely change the goddamn thing alter your purpose.

Get Protect over Torment on Banette. There's hardly any instances of Torment coming in handy; Protect will be more useful for defending Banette from a possible SE hit, before your teammate goes Allahu Akbar. Same logic applies for my suggestion to replace Shadow Ball for Protect on your Sableye, SB isn't doing shit anyway.

Also replace either Aura Sphere or HJK for Protect on Mienshao, there will be instances when you're directly threatened by Explosion and an opposing Mon.

As for other suggestions, Zen Headbutt > Hammer Arm and Meteor Mash > Bullet Punch on Metagross is what I would prefer. Zen Headbutt can rid you of troublesome Wide Guard users, while Meteor Mash will give you at least substantial damage when it is unwise to explode.

Hope the team works out for you. Also that replay is the most satifying thing ever.

Last edited:
Ok so what I gathered from reading your other post as well as this one is that these teams aren't really made for the competitive smogon scene and you seem to think that the simulator is somehow different from the actual in-game. The simulator is as close to possible to the real games, however instead of fighting NPC's you are facing real people. Any comment that it's broken or not working properly or whatever is a complete falsehood.

Either way, you say that you are open to suggestions however after reading your comments on previous RMTs, you merely dismiss people who actually understand the smogon metagame and their suggestions by stating that "they have amateurish observations" or "don't understand how to play the team". The fact is that they have much more experience than you and general knowledge of the metagame which allows them to be able to understand how all types of teams work in most situations. By you saying that the team has worked for you and allowed you to succeed, when it has quite a couple pokes that are considered to be unviable in the current metagame proves that you have a much narrower knowledge of the metagame and don't seem to understand how your 6 mons can interact in the most common matchups in the metagame. This provides yourself with a biased view of your own team which clouds your judgement when receiving advice.

Another thing that I don't seem to understand is that if you seem to dismiss others opinions as making no sense, yet have not made a point that has made sense to the majority of players who have been on Smogon or around Smogon for much longer than yourself. When you make a point and not one other person in an entire community agrees/understands what you're talking about, you should probably take a look back and consider that maybe you're the one that's not making sense/not co-operating and adjust your viewpoint of the situation. Until you do that however, I and the rest of the community, have no reason to rate your team or respond to any of your posts, as it will just be a futile effort for both sides. I hope you take a step back and reconsider where you're coming from with your teams/posts and eventually decide to embrace and enjoy the great community known as Smogon. If you ever decide to do that I highly suggest that you try out the Battling 101 Sub-Forum as it is usually the best way for new players to learn the metagames. Have a nice day!

wllmagic Y'know, something funny about that comment. Just as I got done playing Kerbal Space earlier, I got on Pokemon some more for additional testing. I actually got the same suggestions from someone I met using a similar team as me, almost word for word in fact. After seeing that, I have to ask.
Are you the same person?

On topic, though, I'll do some more testing tomorrow. Check back to see if protect has been added along with a credit. Thanks for the input, along with the maturity^^

wllmagic Y'know, something funny about that comment. Just as I got done playing Kerbal Space earlier, I got on Pokemon some more for additional testing. I actually got the same suggestions from someone I met using a similar team as me, almost word for word in fact. After seeing that, I have to ask.
Are you the same person?

On topic, though, I'll do some more testing tomorrow. Check back to see if protect has been added along with a credit. Thanks for the input, along with the maturity^^
"maturity" is ironic for you to say, as it really is something you lack. One of the key attributes of a good player and teambuilder is being open to ideas and criticism, as no single player is good enough to build the optimal team on their own. However, teams like this based purely around ineffective gimmicks that can be played around by something as simple as Protect, the most common move in Doubles / Triples, is what is forcing us to refer you to Battling 101. Negative presence as yours in ignoring people for their valid ideas is immature and irrational, so I highly reccomend you sit back and for once listen to many of our raters who know a lot more than you about the metagame.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can-Eh-Dian This isn't about Smogon. It's about the game. Sorry, but I can't reply to any more messages of yours, and you'll be ignored from now on. Sorry, but this is the way it's gonna be.
Smogon Simulator Mechanics = In-game Mechanics. The only difference is in the competence of the average player you'll encounter.

And no offense, dude, but I agree with everyone else here, you come off as a stuck-up jerk. You won't listen to criticism, and you think your ideas are perfect even when they're shown that they are faulty.

It's fine if your ideas don't always stand up, no one can make a perfect team, but you'll never improve or learn if you insist on being so brash and obstinate.

Can-Eh-Dian This isn't about Smogon. It's about the game. Sorry, but I can't reply to any more messages of yours, and you'll be ignored from now on. Sorry, but this is the way it's gonna be.
Could you at least explain why you are ignoring him as opposed to just saying "Sorry, I can't reply to any more messages of yours"? He actually made some good points, and attempted to help you with the link to Battling 101.

Also, if you're going to provide a team as obscure/borderline gimmicky as this, it would be a real help if you could provide some replays to show how this team works, rather than just saying "lead with x Pokemon in the event of y scenario". It would really help raters who attempt to provide advice for this team.

Lastly, although teams such as this might win a few lower-ladder battles, they are almost always inferior to more 'standard' teams used by higher-level players. I know that you said you are not looking for competitive advice because you say this team is for in-game, but it you post on Smogon, expect to get competitive advice back, even if you don't want/accept it.

Oh, and more thing, most of the people who comment on your teams are skilled players who have extensive metagame knowledge, so please at least show some respect to them by listening to their proposals, rather than just ignoring them outright.

Last edited:
Brawlfest Well sorry for not paying further attention to a rude person, who offered no suggestions. Is that a crime? Is it a crime to not fight on the internet now? You haven't done anything else to make me not like you, so you wont be on the list for now.

SoulSapphire Refer back to my previous threads. I express multiple times that I don't own a capture card, so I can't provide videos.

I have to disagree with you in saying that anyone who uses "competitive" teams is skilled. All you need to do is look up the highest tier Pokemon (I don't believe in tiers, so it hurts me to say that), and make a team with it. It takes little to no skill at all, but you can believe what you want.

Policy 2.311.6: I shall not feed attention to someone who does not agree, nor marginally disagree, to my ideas. Please be respectful to earn respect. You may think someone's being respectful, but you do not see through my eyes. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Reading this thread actually pains me. It's called a Rate My Team. You post a team, people tell you how to improve it. If you're so apprehensive to accepting advice, just don't post your team. The people who posted here only wanted to help you improve as a teambuilder and battler, yet you dismiss them as immature, inexperienced players, which is actually the opposite of what they are, in fact, you fit that description pretty well. By the way, you don't need a capture card for a Showdown replay, you just hit "share replay" at the end of the battle.

ey yo I'm not gonna lie but this team is pretty fucken dicks, and if you ain't gonna listen to suggestions then the fuck are you doin posting an rmt, specially one as aids as this. Jirachee can we get this shit locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)