Gen 6 ORAS Ubers Cute-Ability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ORAS Ubers Cute-Ability Ranking Thread

(Approved by Sweep and Fireburn)
Welcome the the XY Ubers cute-ability ranking thread. The rules are just like the ones for the viability thread except here we are ranking them on cuteness. If ranking Pokemon by cuteness wasn't enough justification for this thread existing, consider that other tiers less cool than Ubers have such threads and we don't.

Rules (Yes it does)
~ Post intelligently. Posts like "I think pokemon X should be in this rank" will not be tolerated
~ No flaming
~ Pictures may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't ALWAYS base your entire argument around them. For example, you can't just say "Pokemon X shouldn't be this rank because [picture]!"
~ No talk about editing the OFFICIAL smogon tier lists.
~ We are only ranking Ubers viable Pokemon or Pokemon that are exclusive to Ubers
~ Mega Evolutions will be separated from their base forms for this thread (even though if you are using Mawile it means that you are using Mega Mawile).
~ Yes you may nominate ORAS Pokemon so long as they appear to be Ubers viable.

This list is in alphabetical order.

H Rank (Hugendugen Rank)
The titans of cuteness in the game. They are so cute they can pull the weight of only averagely cute Pokemon. They have striking features that set them apart from other cute Pokemon and can create intense emotional responses.

·
(Latias)
·
(Shaymin-Sky)

A Rank
Reserved for Pokemon with an impressive level of cuteness. They require little other cute support from Pokemon.

High

·
(Diancie-Mega)
·
(Jirachi)

Mid

·
(Latios)
·
(Lugia)
·
(Reshiram)
·
(Yveltal)

Low

·
(Groudon)
·
(Kangaskahn-Mega)
·
(Mawile)
·
(Wobbuffet)

B Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that have a large amount of cuteness in a single factor. Despite being cute in a certain area they suffer a bit due to opportunity cost and need a certain amount of cuteness support.

High

·
(Ho-Oh)
·
(Mawile-Mega)
·
(Tyranitar)

Mid

·
(Arceus)
·
(Giratina-A)
·
(Salamence-Mega)
·
(Xerneas)

Low

·
(Darkrai)
·
(Groudon-Primal)
·
(Kyogre)
·
(Kyogre-Primal)

C Rank
Reserved for Pokemon with viable cuteness. They suffer from a high degree of opportunity cost because other Pokemon are cuter than they are.

High

(Nothing Yet)

Mid

(Nothing Yet)

Low

·
(Genesect)
·
(Landorus-T)

D Rank
Barely cute, these Pokemon can sometimes be considered for a specific role, however they are almost always outclassed by cuter Pokemon.

High

·
(Deoxys-Defense)

Mid

(Nothing Yet)

Low

·
(Aegislash)
·
(Deoxys)
·
(Deoxys-Attack)
·
(Deoxys-Speed)

Furai Rank
Reserved for cute Pokemon that were Ubers viable in past generations but have been rejected analyses in ORAS.

·
(Chansey)
·
(Gastrodon)
·
(Quagsire)
·
(Shuckle)
·
(Sylveon)
·
(Victini)

F Rank
Reserved for any Pokemon that are downright ugly, not worth talking about, or make you want to stop taking your medication. If you feel like discussing them, reconsider.

·
(Ferrothorn)
·
(Gothitelle)
·
(Scolipede)

Last edited:
1. S Rank should be named after Hugendugen.

2. Almost all Ubers are hideous, the reason why LC has a thread like this is because baby Pokemon are legitimately cute. I don't play Ubers to marvel at Darkrai's aesthetic appearance.

3. Arceus should be B rank, it's sorta good-looking and I fully support members of the LGBT community that express their inner beauty on top of their physique

Would like to nominate sylveon for A rank as
1) all eeveelutions are cute
2) it's a fairy/pixie/whatever
3) ribbons

However it does has its flaws as seen from the creepy soulless sky blue eyes that make remind people of creepy dolls. Also it's annoying af if you can't kill it.

Also Bambi Xerneas for B rank. Seems a little too distant and emotionless. Girls who play hard to get ain't cute. Then again idk why Elsa is so popular so w/e.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm sorry but there is no Uber cuter than Groudon

Groudon's big, shining eyes and perpetual smile don't lie, and he's more than prepared to make you all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also I'm not throwing these into hide tags so you all can marvel at its charm.

A rank at minimum or bust.

I've had like two other users ask about this that I approved, what a load of johns.

Sweep is full of bullshit, there's PLENTY of adorable ubers.

Mega Gardevoir is not one of them. The Pokemon needs to be either viable in Ubers or banned from OU to be on this list.

Oml, why have non of you mentioned Victini. Seriously one of the CUTEST mons to have ever walked in the Meta.

High A or H Rank, cute little red squirrel pokemon are the best!

This was originally my idea but I didn't want to write it because it was dumb, why are you doing this =[

Anyhow anyone can find adorable fanart of some fugly mon or other and nom it for a high rank which is an issue,,,
Nope, even the cutest of spermtwo art is still fucking disgusting. On that topic, Mewtwo has canon appearences of oozles of cute, check out stellar's avatar for details. Should be S rank or something.

I think Furai is way cuter than Hugendugen, should be new S rank name.

Why the hypocrisy with Gothitelle? You are promoting Fairyceus to high ranks because of lgbt support and yet stick Gothitelle in the worst rank. (which btw has a ass name, fix that please) I think he she looks like a fine woman, even if goth style isn't my thing.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For obvious reasons this will be kept for Ubers viable mons only, Gardevoir-Mega was only an example.

Of course mm2 would support a goth increase lol.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
If megas are not ranked alongside their regular forms, does that mean that mawile shouldn't be on the list even tho it's supah cute?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
If megas are not ranked alongside their regular forms, does that mean that mawile shouldn't be on the list even tho it's supah cute?
We'll rank Megas with their non-megas just like in the viability thread, using Mega Mawile means you have a super cute Mawile before evolving.

Added
~ Groudon to A
~ Victini to A+
~ Gastrodon to B+
~ Removed Gardevoir because not Uber viable (tear)
~ Removed Goth from Steeljackal <3 Rank because mm2 has a fetish for gals with Shadow Tag

Changed
~ UFTB Rank to Steeljackal <3 Rank

We could go ahead and have all the ranks named after users or just one for the top rank, but either way you would have to argue who the most deserving user(s) is / are.

nah just those names are fine

also slit the megas, the reasoning is different for this thread. Megas are gropud with their original formes in the viability thread because it reflects how they function in battle. That's obviously not a concern for a thread like this and the change in aesthetics is definitely enough to split them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)