ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really wanted an immunity to Flinches then why not Shield Dust? Doesn't make sense flavor-wise? Make it a clone. They have showed new abilities so they could have given MeGallade something it could use instead of something so situational.
Well, as of this point, Shield Dust has only been for bugs, and Gallade isn't a bug. And so far the distribution hasn't been great. It actually can be a very useful ability if placed on the right pokemon though.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
One of the mega evolutions has never been seen before... is it just me or does anyone else smell Blaziken getting a second mega evolution?
How so? Serebii only said we'd see a Mega at first, and then updated the site saying the demo would have a never-before seen Mega. It doesn't hint anything about the starter Megas at all.

If anything, Wallace will appear and reveal Mega Milotic. Or Steven will have Mega uhhhh Claydol.

M-Gallade looks much better after seeing the alternate artwork. The slight proportion differences are much more to my liking. The Helmet is much better and the sword arms look sleeker and less bulky/clunky. The only problem I still have with it is the white color scheming on its body. I still don't like it and I really wish it had kept some of the green coloring for its main body. Hopefully, the shiny will change that and we get something to contrast the white.

As for Inner Focus, yeah it isn't the best. I'm hoping they upgrade Inner Focus to make it more usable and less situational. If new abilities can be introduced, I don't think changing the properties of an existing ability should be a problem. If they don't upgrade Inner Focus somehow, they better not waste any of the 100 BP stat boosts like they did with M-Gardevoir.

Ehh Mega Gallade has Inner Focus that is meh.

I know Inner Focus is not a bad ability but it is just kind of boring. I mean Mega Blastoise for Mega Launcher, Mega Mawile Huge Power, Mega Aerodactyl Tough Claws and compared to those Inner Focus just sounds lame. I am still confident Mega Gallade is gonna be a good Pokemon but I just hoped for something more exiting than Inner Fopcus.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We haven't seen any Pokemon with 2 new Mega forms yet. Might be a little bit of a stretch but if Rayquaza "holds the secret" to Mega evolution, perhaps that just means it will be getting a Mega Rayquaza and a Primal Rayquaza? It also could just make is a bigger plot point for whatever Steven is doing. But if any given Mega has really let you down so far you could maybe cross your fingers that we'll find out in a month or two that we were actually shown Mega Metagross Omega and there is also a Mega Metagross Alpha or something.

BTW, not really big news but there's some "officially stated" info on that big scan that Serebii didn't give in its translation. Origin Wave is a Water Type attack... lol. Kind of interesting since the scan doesn't give the Type of Cliff Blade (although the SE sound on Blazekin would pretty much mean it's Ground Type still)
For some reason I haven't thought about Hoenn introducing a Pokemon with 2 Mega Evos. I suppose if anyone was to get it it'll be Rayquaza, sort of do what I think they'd do with Zygarde and make it "better" counter Kyogre and Groudon. Like the one that counters Kyogre would have high Attack & Special Defense and become a Dragon/Electric-type while the one to counter Groudon would have high Special Attack and Defense (though remain the same type). However I can't really think of any other Pokemon they'll give 2 Mega Evos to.

What else could they do with Metagross other than what they did? Make one that's defensive? Metagross is Steven's signature Pokemon, no one else has a Metagross so there's no need to split it. Plus they're having the Shiny Beldum + Metagrossite promotion and I doubt they would do that if it had two different Mega Evolutions.

Aside from the discussion about Mega Gallade (who would be a good Mega Kanga check in VGC), I think Kyogre's new move Origin Wave will be an upgraded (120 BP maybe?) version of Surf. What do you guys think?
So Hydro Pump pre XY? Sadly I don't think there's much point to speculate about Origin's Wave or Cliff's Blade, they just told us their name and showed us its animation, that's it. And we're not going to be told anymore until the game comes out and we see it for ourselves in game. At most we'll be told about its secondary effect if it as one.

But now I wonder if we'll get the Galladite from Wally, either just after defeating him the first time in Victory Road or after a rematch?
My guess is post game, like with XY's rival's Absolite.

is it just me or does anyone else smell Blaziken getting a second mega evolution? It won't be the first we time have been introduced to a trio of mega starters and seen the fire starter get a bonus treatment close to release... I'd like it anyway, so all the Hoenn starters will have new forms for the remakes, and it will be even better if it gets a different second typing along with more specially offensive stats.
I was thinking of Blaziken possibly getting a 2nd Mega Evo, but there's a few things which made me think not. First off Mega Blaziken was an Event Mega Evolution in XY and they've advertised Mega Blaziken being obtainable in this game. If they were to split Mega Blaziken then it would probably be version exclusive... which means the game with the new Blaziken Mega Evo will probably be bought more than the one with the old since only those who missed the XY event would want the other version then.

Hopefully that 2 forms for only one of the starters thing is restricted to Charizard... I love Charizard a lot but it still wasn't very cool or fair of them.

If they're gonna keep treating one starter better than the others then I'd appreciate it if they didn't always do it to the Fire Starter too. Maybe a mega Sceptile that's pure Plant Type? The pattern could be that each set of starters get megas with the same typing and one also gets to be a Dragon with it's extra mega, lol. But my honest hope would be that the never before seen mega evolution is just a mega for something with out a mega. And obviously something in the Hoenn Dex and thus the demo.
I'd be alright with it as long as it make sense. Charizard having 2 sort of made sense since on kept its original typing while the other got the typing everyone wanted it to have (BTW, PUSA, when are we getting that Mega Charizard Event which gives us the other version's Charizardite? I'm waiting...)

I am actually liking Mega Gallade's almost purely white colour scheme quite a bit, because it emphasizes the whole "white knight" thing. Which works well in contrast with it's shiny inevitably going to be the black knight, if Mega Gardevoir is anything to go by.
Aegislash the King, Mega Gallade the Knight, Pawniard the Pawn, Bisharp the Bishop... we just need our rook and queen and we're all ready for some good 'ol Chess.

Oh yeah, uh... since they gave Gardevoir's counterpart a Mega, this leaves the only Mega Pokémon whose counterpart does not have a Mega be Banette.
So uh. Mega Dusknoir's just looking hella lot more likely to me again.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I am actually liking Mega Gallade's almost purely white colour scheme quite a bit, because it emphasizes the whole "white knight" thing. Which works well in contrast with it's shiny inevitably going to be the black knight, if Mega Gardevoir is anything to go by.
Aegislash the King, Mega Gallade the Knight, Pawniard the Pawn, Bisharp the Bishop... we just need our rook and queen and we're all ready for some good 'ol Chess.
Being a Rook is a stone tower, how about Bastiodon or Crustle?

Oh yeah, uh... since they gave Gardevoir's counterpart a Mega, this leaves the only Mega Pokémon whose counterpart does not have a Mega be Banette.
Is Gallade a counter part? If so then Slowking didn't get one yet either.

Welp
I think Banette and Dusclops stopped being a counterpart since Dusclops got Dusknoir in 4th gen while Banette got nothing (until 6th gen mega evo)

You forgot Slowbro and Slowking

They also gave Dusclops an evo without giving Banette one, so they weren't on equal footing.

How so? Serebii only said we'd see a Mega at first, and then updated the site saying the demo would have a never-before seen Mega. It doesn't hint anything about the starter Megas at all.

If anything, Wallace will appear and reveal Mega Milotic. Or Steven will have Mega uhhhh Claydol.
It actually does hint at mega starters. If you agree that
a) a demo is likely to display regular playthrough, that is, the storyline.
b) mega starters are guaranteed to be part of the storyline.
c) starters are confirmed to be involved in the demo.

Then you've got to admit that all the info we have hints that the megas in the demo are the mega starters. Sure, it's not confirmed, but if you had to bet which megas will be featured, then mega sceptile, blaziken and swampert are the safest bet. Now, this doesn't mean that even if the mega starters are in the demo, Blaziken will be getting a new mega evolution, it just seems to be a plausible possibility given the treatment fire starters and even Blaziken itself has got in XY. The mega starters could very well be there along with a new non-starter mega evolution. Either way what doesn't sound likely at all is us facing Wallace and mega Milotic, since Wallace only shows up late in the story, and the demo is likely to feature a part of the game where the starters are not fully evolved yet, that is, way before the last gym. But since you mentioned Steven and mega Claydol, I guess you were just joking.

I was thinking of Blaziken possibly getting a 2nd Mega Evo, but there's a few things which made me think not. First off Mega Blaziken was an Event Mega Evolution in XY and they've advertised Mega Blaziken being obtainable in this game. If they were to split Mega Blaziken then it would probably be version exclusive... which means the game with the new Blaziken Mega Evo will probably be bought more than the one with the old since only those who missed the XY event would want the other version then.
That's a very good argument against a second blaziken mega evolution. On the other hand, Blazikenite was only obtainable during a short period of time, so the imbalance wouldn't be that huge. But I'd be just as glad if Exploud or Slaking (final evolutions of pokémon randomly showed on the same page) got megas instead - even though Slaking doesn't need a mega as much as it needs to get rid of Truant.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That's the issue: XY's demo didn't show anything of the storyline, much less the DP one (I don't remember the others).

And I wasn't exactly joking with Steven. XY's demo had Sycamore giving out a lv100 Mewtwo so you could battle him. That has 0% to do with the storyline, so they could as well have Steven facing you and Mega Evolving something else on its team (or another unrelated pokémon) if only to show it off.

That's the issue: XY's demo didn't show anything of the storyline, much less the DP one (I don't remember the others).

And I wasn't exactly joking with Steven. XY's demo had Sycamore giving out a lv100 Mewtwo so you could battle him. That has 0% to do with the storyline, so they could as well have Steven facing you and Mega Evolving something else on its team (or another unrelated pokémon) if only to show it off.
Wait, what XY Demo? I don't quite remember this happening.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
b) mega starters are guaranteed to be part of the storyline.
c) starters are confirmed to be involved in the demo.

Then you've got to admit that all the info we have hints that the megas in the demo are the mega starters. Sure, it's not confirmed, but if you had to bet which megas will be featured, then mega sceptile, blaziken and swampert are the safest bet. Now, this doesn't mean that even if the mega starters are in the demo, Blaziken will be getting a new mega evolution, it just seems to be a plausible possibility given the treatment fire starters and even Blaziken itself has got in XY. The mega starters could very well be there along with a new non-starter mega evolution. Either way what doesn't sound likely at all is us facing Wallace and mega Milotic, since Wallace only shows up late in the story, and the demo is likely to feature a part of the game where the starters are not fully evolved yet, that is, way before the last gym. But since you mentioned Steven and mega Claydol, I guess you were just joking.

That's a very good argument against a second blaziken mega evolution. On the other hand, Blazikenite was only obtainable during a short period of time, so the imbalance wouldn't be that huge. But I'd be just as glad if Exploud or Slaking (final evolutions of pokémon randomly showed on the same page) got megas instead - even though Slaking doesn't need a mega as much as it needs to get rid of Truant.
What if they meant Mega Plusle/ Minun?
Remember the Trademark list from before?

Now that it strongly hints Rayquaza would get a Mega, I can totally see Plusle/ Minun each getting one.

Oh, I didn't know that's how it worked in the past. So maybe Wallace and mega Milotic are a viable possibility after all. And if they went as far as giving Sycamore a mega Mewtwo just for showing it off, then I guess Steven using a mega other than mega Metagross doesn't sound that far-fetched either.

Now that it strongly hints Rayquaza would get a Mega, I can totally see Plusle/ Minun each getting one.
Now that I know that Sycamore used a mega Mewtwo, I can even see a mega/primal Rayquaza showing up in the demo, especially after this month's Coro Coro reference.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

Plusle and Minun would make for good version exclusive Mega Evolutions.

So trying to sort of go back on topic, when does the English website usually update with the new info? Do you think it'll tell us anything more?

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't really think Plusle and Minun are on the cards. They were originally created in RSE to showcase the new Double Battle mechanics that were introduced with the Hoenn games, and with the one-Mega-per-team mechanic it feels really counter-intuitive to create separate Megas that were supposedly designed to be used together. Also, they're cutemons so I really doubt they'll get anything to make them more powerful.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I don't really think Plusle and Minun are on the cards. They were originally created in RSE to showcase the new Double Battle mechanics that were introduced with the Hoenn games, and with the one-Mega-per-team mechanic it feels really counter-intuitive to create separate Megas that were supposedly designed to be used together. Also, they're cutemons so I really doubt they'll get anything to make them more powerful.
In tag battles are each player allowed to have their own Mega Evo?

I, like everybody else, was butthurt about Mega Gallade's ability but after thinking about it more I can actually see it being pretty good. Assuming its stats are at least a mirror of Mega Gardevoir's it'll be like a less powerful but much more versatile Mega Medicham.

So, we got Mega Medicham & Mega Gallade, Mega Gyarados & Mega Sharpedo, Mega Latias & Mega Latios, and Mega Camerupt and Primal Groudon, looks like they've stopped caring about each individual mega :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)